Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I think Kiva, beat for beat, has the best soundtrack in all Rider. Koji Seto might have been mousy as Wataru but that boy could sing.

And Kiva's suit was apparently so heavy it was giving Seiji Takaiwa problems moving. Seiji Takaiwa. The guy who's been doing Tokusatsu productions for 20 years and never made a peep.

Really let's just talk about how great Takaiwa is. I saw a stage show once during Den-O where he seamlessly shifted through all five of the Den-O forms, then did Climax Form with the voice actors basically commanding his body with their lines. It was fantastic.

Not only heavy, but also unbalanced, which caused undue stress on his spine and hip. Which is a shame really, since it was such a good looking suit, if they'd made it purely symmetrical, it would have been perfect for everyone involved.

IXA was my second Figuarts ever, and I don't regret it a single bit, it's an excellent suit and I still love the look. Rising, not so much, but I don't expect too much from secondary form riders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
What does the Ga in Safari Ga-Oh mean?

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Dr Tran posted:

What does the Ga in Safari Ga-Oh mean?

I'm guessing it's just a pun on "gao"/roar.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

The base Kiva suit is pretty cool lookin' too.
I like the stained glass look of the Saga suit myself.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Volatile Penguin posted:

I believe this is correct.

Also that movie was...okay?

It wasn't as good as the most recent ToQGer episodes. Definitely something that fit into the middle of the series.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Mach continues to be the best character. But will he do that every time?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Looking forward to the future Mach vs. Chase fight, that's gonna be a good one.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The change train Ultraman has started for Toku has started to take flight on Crunchy Roll guys!
http://www.crunchyroll.com/destroy-all-monsters

DESTROY ALL MONSTERS

GODZILLA MOVIES HELL YES

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Get hype for next week's ToQger guys

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I finally got around to watching Kamen Rider Taisan. That was... something. Daigo and the TOQ come out of nowhere and nothing would have been lost if they cut that scene and maybe saved it for most of Kyoryu vs TOQ.

Back to level grinding in Kamen Rider Battride War now

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

jivjov posted:

Get hype for next week's ToQger guys

That suit has 1 on it. I think that's Right, not ToQ7

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Stallion Cabana posted:

It's Right. I believe it has something to do with why he woke up on the Shadow Line in the first episode.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

The actual reason to be excited about next week

Chou ToQ6!

Acervus
Aug 7, 2007

Namaste

Volatile Penguin posted:

That's exactly it.

I'm dying for Ninninger... Only a month to go!

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GvuycQqx38

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I love indoor mecha scenes

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Dr Tran posted:

I love indoor mecha scenes

Yeah...really makes me appreciate how the regular mecha stuff is filmed...I almost always really buy in to the suspension of disbelief and it feels like I'm watching multi-story robots fight. And then you stick the suit in a house set and my brain just breaks.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I just got a new computer and downloaded MPC and the newest CCCP. I just got the newest ToQger and Drive episodes and the picture is totally borked. There's a green bar on the bottom third of the picture, the actual picture is tinted green and is slanted and repeated across my window.

This is also happening with my copies of O-T's Shinkenger and Go-Busters episodes.

Anyone know what's going on?

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jan 16, 2015

OZC
Jan 28, 2008
Sounds like you probably have an Nvidia graphics card. Check out this thread for some fixes - http://www.cccp-project.net/forums/index.php?topic=7280.0

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

OZC posted:

Sounds like you probably have an Nvidia graphics card. Check out this thread for some fixes - http://www.cccp-project.net/forums/index.php?topic=7280.0
I do in fact have an Nvidia graphics card. Thanks, this was super helpful.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Stallion Cabana posted:

Larryb posted:

It's Right. I believe it has something to do with why he woke up on the Shadow Line in the first episode.

Having seen the preview for the next episode now, I think it's Zed. Right before it shows that scene, Zed is saying "Yo, Right," and then it cuts to Right with his mouth agape. I could be wrong, though, but I really am curious to see what's happening. Something being not quite right with Right has been pretty heavily foreshadowed a few times. Honestly for a long stretch there my theory was that Right was actually the emperor of darkness and Zed was originally supposed to have been ToQ #1, but that they were somehow accidentally switched. That theory obviously has been proven way incorrect for a long time, but Zed definitely showed particular interest in Right when he first showed up, and then of course there was the darkness coming off Right's clothing that was supposedly attributed to him being too close to the Shadows. This episode shows that that statement wasn't correct, and something bigger is going on.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

Having seen the preview for the next episode now, I think it's Zed. Right before it shows that scene, Zed is saying "Yo, Right," and then it cuts to Right with his mouth agape. I could be wrong, though, but I really am curious to see what's happening. Something being not quite right with Right has been pretty heavily foreshadowed a few times. Honestly for a long stretch there my theory was that Right was actually the emperor of darkness and Zed was originally supposed to have been ToQ #1, but that they were somehow accidentally switched. That theory obviously has been proven way incorrect for a long time, but Zed definitely showed particular interest in Right when he first showed up, and then of course there was the darkness coming off Right's clothing that was supposedly attributed to him being too close to the Shadows. This episode shows that that statement wasn't correct, and something bigger is going on.

I'm probably guessing that when the castle first appeared, and Right was rescued, all of his Darkness was the finishing stroke or the most significant part for the development of Zed

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ladies and germs, Kamen Rider 3.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel
On one hand, seeing Yuuto, Deneb and Tetsuo Kurata is going to be a blast (and I guess Garren too).

On othe other, with the Riders fighting is this going to be the third time whatever-Shocker falls for "Heroes fight each other to oust the actual plan" thing again?

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Yosuke posted:

On one hand, seeing Yuuto, Deneb and Tetsuo Kurata is going to be a blast (and I guess Garren too).

On othe other, with the Riders fighting is this going to be the third time whatever-Shocker falls for "Heroes fight each other to oust the actual plan" thing again?

I can't wait for Shadow Moon to show up and get jobbed into oblivion again by whichever completely unrelated character happens to be closest at the time.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
They are calling this one Super Hero Taisen which would imply Super Sentai should have important plot role like the last two movies that had that title, but this seems to be another Kamen Rider focused Taisen. Maybe some plot detail we don't know?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Now that's a Neo Showa design. I wish the original two would get upgrades similar to him.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

mateo360 posted:

They are calling this one Super Hero Taisen which would imply Super Sentai should have important plot role like the last two movies that had that title, but this seems to be another Kamen Rider focused Taisen. Maybe some plot detail we don't know?

Nininger showng up and going WE'RE HERE.

Like every crossover ever.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Burkion posted:

Now that's a Neo Showa design. I wish the original two would get upgrades similar to him.

Can you explain what this Kamen Rider 3 thing is? Like what's the difference between this guy and whoever the Third Kamen Rider was?

I don't really get it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kamen Rider 3 was a Rider who was until now exclusively seen in one of Ishinomori's manga. He's the third Shocker-made Rider.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Yosuke posted:

Nininger showng up and going WE'RE HERE.

Like every crossover ever.

Maybe next year they can do a straight Ninninger vs ToQGer and then save the Ninja team up for Taisen.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stallion Cabana posted:

Can you explain what this Kamen Rider 3 thing is? Like what's the difference between this guy and whoever the Third Kamen Rider was?

I don't really get it.

To go a teeny bit more in detail, Kamen Rider 3 was something created only for a magazine who wanted a new Rider story to print.

He was very different as far as design goes though, taking after the others but with red stripes here and there, and was the FBI Agent Taki, turned into a cyborg by Shocker.

So this is more of a homage to that idea of a Rider rather than him himself.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dr Tran posted:

Maybe next year they can do a straight Ninninger vs ToQGer and then save the Ninja team up for Taisen.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a teamup between the 3 ninja seasons eventually. Especially considering Toei seems to love Hurricanger for some reason(a full fledged teamup in both Gokaiger and Akibaranger plus a Returns movie 10 years after the series was off the air) and the fact that NinjaRed's actor has been in both Kakuranger and Gingaman(reprising the latter role in Gokaiger). I just hope they do it as a seperate thing this time around rather than cramming it into the VS movie like they did with Kyoryuger.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 18, 2015

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a teamup between the 3 ninja seasons eventually. Especially considering Toei seems to love Hurricanger for some reason(a full fledged teamup in both Gokaiger and Akibaranger plus a Returns movie 10 years after the series was off the air) and the fact that NinjaRed's actor has been in both Kakuranger and Gingaman(reprising the latter role in Gokaiger). I just hope they do it as a seperate thing this time around rather than cramming it into the VS movie like they did with Kyoryuger.
Hurricanger has a kick-rear end theme, maybe it's that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Larryb posted:

Don't you mean Hurricane Rangers?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Waffleman_ posted:

Don't you mean Hurricane Rangers?

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot
So Studio Trigger recently submitted a short based on Denkou Choujin Gridman (which some of you may remember better as Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad) to the Japan Animator Exhibition and it's sweet as hell.

The reason the Gridman at the end of the video looks different from the original is because he indeed isn't the original - he's Gridman Sigma, from the cancelled Gridman sequel series (that later got turned into a photo story in a kids magazine, due to the fact that the Gridman Sigma costume was completed before the cancellation went through.)

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

That was neat, though it should be noted it takes like a minute and a half to start. I thought I was watching the wrong video for a bit.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
drat, was Gridman always so obviously Ultraman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Light Gun Man posted:

drat, was Gridman always so obviously Ultraman?

Is he not supposed to be one of the Ultraman heroes? I always thought he was.

• Locked thread