Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

The rain is over and now there are chances of mudslides

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCoI6CKFoHk

BattleMaster has a new favorite as of 23:25 on Jan 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Might actually be a cloud.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

My aunt liked this picture on Facebook (it already had the caption on - I suppose that's the proper collective noun?)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

FEELS A BIT HUMID TODAY, DUNNIT?

TheSmilingJackal
Apr 30, 2007

Don't worry, it's a very heavy feather.

Say Nothing posted:

... What in the hell is this supposed to be even? :psyduck:

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

TheSmilingJackal posted:

... What in the hell is this supposed to be even? :psyduck:
I think it's an angora rabbit.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

I want to see it walk.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'm mostly wondering how they handle the dingleberry situation on a walking cotton ball.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'm mostly wondering how they handle the dingleberry situation on a walking cotton ball.

Very carefully.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Say Nothing posted:

I have some of those but mine aren't as impressive.

They're angora rabbits and you shave them down and make super soft, warm yarn out of it. They really are pretty much clouds with bunny faces stuck on them.

Here's what they look like underneath.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Alter Ego posted:

I want to see it walk.

They don't seem to walk around much when they get that big ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79hUJDcDL5M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IizkBrMCAk

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Little girl in command of a pitbull six pack. The way she thanks them for sitting. :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxFD_SQKZP4
Atrocious video format though, sorry

Up periscope

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Instant Jellyfish posted:

They're angora rabbits and you shave them down and make super soft, warm yarn out of it. They really are pretty much clouds with bunny faces stuck on them.

I was at a spinning and yarn convention and got to spin with angora fluff pulled right off the bunny at a wheel maker's booth. It was fantastic and made me want my own angora. :3:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I was at a spinning and yarn convention and got to spin with angora fluff pulled right off the bunny at a wheel maker's booth. It was fantastic and made me want my own angora. :3:

If I hadn't seen pics of these puff balls I would have thought you were crazy for basically every part of this. Instead I just wish you were able to knit me a beanie of the stuff

fake edit: Content

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Safari Disco Lion posted:

There's videos of this online!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WD7HT6TriU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Garden visitor, shouted at me until I put some mealworms out. I suspect he has some other house nearby feeding him regularly for how bold he was :)

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Garden visitor, shouted at me until I put some mealworms out. I suspect he has some other house nearby feeding him regularly for how bold he was :)

Which one?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Jollity Farm posted:

My aunt liked this picture on Facebook (it already had the caption on - I suppose that's the proper collective noun?)

Yep, romp, bevy, family or raft.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Please do not feed zombie heads. I know they're cute but human dependance will be the (un)death of us all.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Oh my god. It's Pepe!

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=86470#comments

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

kinmik posted:

Up periscope

Purriscope.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Well I've fallen down a rabbit hole that I did not know existed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9HV5O8Un6k

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSCurUDCc38

Sometimes cats can be incredibly patient.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Guy gives a homeless person $100 and follows him discreetly to see how he spends it....the end is worth it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUBTAdI7zuY

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Ozz81 posted:

Guy gives a homeless person $100 and follows him discreetly to see how he spends it....the end is worth it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUBTAdI7zuY

Goddamn it's dusty in here.

It looks like there's a still-running IndieGogo project for getting Thomas (the homeless guy in the video) back on his feet, too. It's absolutely demolished its goal. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-thomas-to-get-a-fresh-start

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

General Bort posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSCurUDCc38

Sometimes cats can be incredibly patient.

good vid comrade

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Shamelessly stolen from the GIF thread:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Drone posted:

Goddamn it's dusty in here.

It looks like there's a still-running IndieGogo project for getting Thomas (the homeless guy in the video) back on his feet, too. It's absolutely demolished its goal. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-thomas-to-get-a-fresh-start

I didn't even see that, that's amazing :) they OBLITERATED that goal, over $140k and still counting. And yes, I donated to them and even shared on Facebook, wanna see Thomas get back on his feet and hopefully be able to help others too.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I ate an artichoke last night. Now I feel bad because it could have been this guys best friend.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Say hello to Princess and Petey

We've had Princess (the little dog closest to the camera) for about 11 years now. We rescued her from her previous owner that was a co-worker of my father's. She was basically kept outside in a fence cage 24/7, making her terrified of pretty much all kinds of bad weather for a while even after we got her. There was no documentation or information about her birth, but it was estimated she was about 3 years old when we picked her up making her about 14-15 years old now.

Petey is a 10 year old beagle mix of some kind. From what we can gather his previous owner took ill and ended up in the hospital. As to what happened to her, we're not sure, but Petey was put into a shelter. He arrived at the shelter in August. While an amazingly gentle and loving dog, at 10 years old most people didn't want to adopt him. So, after making sure him and Princess at least got along, we brought him home today. Princess is a little sad as she's basically had us all to herself for a decade, but we are making sure that she doesn't get lost in the shuffle with her new roommate, so I hope it's all well after a few days.

I was trying to get some size comparison shots of the two, but between the poor lighting in the house and my crap phone-camera work this was the bet I got.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Garrand posted:

We've had Princess (the little dog closest to the camera) for about 11 years now. We rescued her from her previous owner that was a co-worker of my father's. She was basically kept outside in a fence cage 24/7, making her terrified of pretty much all kinds of bad weather for a while even after we got her. There was no documentation or information about her birth, but it was estimated she was about 3 years old when we picked her up making her about 14-15 years old now.

Petey is a 10 year old beagle mix of some kind. From what we can gather his previous owner took ill and ended up in the hospital. As to what happened to her, we're not sure, but Petey was put into a shelter. He arrived at the shelter in August. While an amazingly gentle and loving dog, at 10 years old most people didn't want to adopt him. So, after making sure him and Princess at least got along, we brought him home today. Princess is a little sad as she's basically had us all to herself for a decade, but we are making sure that she doesn't get lost in the shuffle with her new roommate, so I hope it's all well after a few days.

I was trying to get some size comparison shots of the two, but between the poor lighting in the house and my crap phone-camera work this was the bet I got.

It looks like you could save money on a raincoat by having Princess stand under Petey. It's like she snaps into place under him, like little Lego pups. :3:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

The size difference between the two is quite funny. Petey's not huge by any means, but I'm used to handling a dog so much smaller that it feels like he's larger than he really is.
That was actually a real worry that we had; that he would kind of trample of Princess because of how small she is. Luckily, while he was quite excited on his first day at his new home, he's not a hyperactive puppy so there were no issues with him accidentally bowling her over. Hopefully I'll be able to get some better shots of both of them in the near future, although I still make no guarantees as to the quality of the camera work.

E: Oh yeah, that head tilt Petey has in that picture? He loves to tilt his head. Sometimes it seems like he's trying to get it to a 90 degree angle.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Garrand posted:

You're good people :3:

Trip reports will be more than welcome.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Beagles can have a strange variety of heights. I used to breed them and there could be as much as 7 inches in a given litter. Unless the tail is different or I am missing something, that one might not be a mix.

Good on you for taking care of them.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
Beagles are awesome dogs; I have no doubt they'll get along swimmingly.

This is Tucker. Tucker is a 15-year-old (more or less) pug/German shepherd mix. He loves chasing tennis balls and rolling around on the grass. Tucker is a good boy.

Edited because oh wow, that's huge.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I still really like rats

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Post cute ferrets please

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I refuse to believe (North American) possums are not cute, and here is my post as evidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I refuse to believe (North American) possums are not cute, and here is my post as evidence

They are absolutely precious and I also will not accept any other opinions as legitimate

• Locked thread