Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Seik posted:

First bike, 2007 Suzuki GS500F bought last July.

Just put a deposit down on this sucker, 2015 Triumph Street Triple R:

Good. Slowly climb the cylinder count ladder until you end up with a CBX or boss hoss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

Seik posted:

First bike, 2007 Suzuki GS500F bought last July.

Just put a deposit down on this sucker, 2015 Triumph Street Triple R:

That is a GS500F in rare form... meaning it actually has its fairings. 90% of them I see are missing their fairings after only 3 years.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004
old bike

new bike

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That is like upgrading from a 3 legged donkey to a nice shetland pony. Well done.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That comparison is unfair to differently abled donkeys.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You have a thing for bikes with weirdly angled jilapidated looking fairings I take it?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Cool built-in tire warmer.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

Yet another goon joins Team Green! Congrats!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Nitramster posted:

Yet another goon joins Team Green! Congrats!

Soon instead of CA it'll be KA.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I always miss these trends. I had two badass kwakkas in a row and sold them for a honda just as everyone went green.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I ran a Yamaha house till I met my spouse. loving bastard.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Chris Knight posted:

Cool built-in tire warmer.

I'm a fan of the frame apparently being on backwards.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Slavvy posted:

I always miss these trends. I had two badass kwakkas in a row and sold them for a honda just as everyone went green.

You will always be a ZRX Bro ZRO in my heart.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Slavvy posted:

You hosed up this post, you are supposed to put a :smug: or :smugmrgw: at the end (because your bike is immortal).

E: Honda's bikes don't die but apparently my writing ability is dying right now.

funeral home DJ fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jan 12, 2015

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

ElMaligno posted:

You will always be a ZRX Bro ZRO in my heart.

:unsmith: one day I'll have another one.

Ripoff posted:

You hosed up this post, you are supposed to put a :smug: or :smugmrgw: at the end (because your bike is immortal).

E: Honda's bikes don't die but apparently my writing ability is dying right now.

I'm in the process of making it a lot less boring which will hopefully encourage me to not constantly be on the lookout for a buyer. How can something so well made and so eminently useful and practical be so loving lame?

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Slavvy posted:

I'm in the process of making it a lot less boring which will hopefully encourage me to not constantly be on the lookout for a buyer. How can something so well made and so eminently useful and practical be so loving lame?

Chuck an electric motorbike in your bike, man. Instantaneous torque!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

MUD! :yayclod:

Evil the Cat
Oct 18, 2001

make that shit sound like rock music!
yz250 '13

Switchback 600 '15:

Low-Pass Filter
Aug 12, 2007
Hello

I just bought my first motorcycle, never understood why people were into them until my friend let me ride his KLR around some empty streets. Holy poo poo, all I want to do is ride now.

83' GL650I

It's not fast, or particularly sexy, but I like it!

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Low-Pass Filter posted:

ride his KLR around some empty streets. Holy poo poo, all I want to do is ride now.

You have no idea how much better it gets than a KLR, either.

Congrats, welcome, enjoy.

Low-Pass Filter
Aug 12, 2007
Thanks!

Taking the safety course and getting my endorsement next weekend. I told myself I wouldn't ride it until I'm legal to. That lasted like 24 hours.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I know it's hard but all you're doing now is potentially building bad habits. Try to wait it out if you can.

Low-Pass Filter
Aug 12, 2007
good point...fwiw, the riding I've been doing has been low speed, parking lot stuff, but yeah, ur point still stands.

Supposed to be perfect weekend here, gonna be tougghhhh to not get out there. Tough life, right?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Low-Pass Filter posted:

Hello

I just bought my first motorcycle, never understood why people were into them until my friend let me ride his KLR around some empty streets. Holy poo poo, all I want to do is ride now.

83' GL650I

It's not fast, or particularly sexy, but I like it!

I didn't know Honda did a transverse V.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
^^^ What? You mean you never knew about the CX500 TURBO??? :rice:

TURBO MUFFLER

I don't think it'd hurt to practice basic clutching and shifting in a parking lot just so that you can spend that much more time at the MSF working on proper riding technique. I agree with nsaP though that you should try to be a blank slate for the instructors.

I am not a huge fan of the king/queen style seat, but I hear they're very comfortable and I'm mildly envious of your highway pegs. Looks like a great first bike for cruising around 2-up.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 17, 2015

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I think the GL line is Suzuki.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It's ok, everyone else has tried to block the Silverwing out of their memories too. :rimshot:

notZaar posted:

Uhhh... not unless Suzuki has been the one making Goldwings and Silverwings all along.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It was just like a Guzzi* only made by Honda and therefore reliable and well made!

*: nothing like a Guzzi, Honda sucked all the fun out like they always do.

But as sage said, ///TURBO!!!

notZaar posted:

Haha

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

notZaar posted:

GL is what came of the CX500/650 after the first years of 650 (Silverwing).

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

SaNChEzZ posted:

GL is what came of the CX500/650 after the first years of 650 (Silverwing).

The GLxxxx moniker was first used with the GL1000 Goldwing in 1974. It's always been the Goldwing (and Silverwing, during the years it was a bike and not a scooter)model designation.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

GL400 and CX400 are interchangeable here; there appears to be no rhyme or reason as to which badge any given bike got.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I was thinking of the GS line, my bad. Enjoy your dad bike bro, beat the poo poo out of it so you can upgrade next year.

Low-Pass Filter
Aug 12, 2007

notZaar posted:

I was thinking of the GS line, my bad. Enjoy your dad bike bro, beat the poo poo out of it so you can upgrade next year.

will do!!!

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Low-Pass Filter posted:

good point...fwiw, the riding I've been doing has been low speed, parking lot stuff, but yeah, ur point still stands.

Supposed to be perfect weekend here, gonna be tougghhhh to not get out there. Tough life, right?

Congrats! If you absolutely have to ride a bit and you can get to a parking lot easily, practicing low speed stuff will be useful. http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/I_want_to_improve_my_riding_skills._What_exercises_can_I_do%3F

But as mentioned, if you don't have anyone to give you feedback you might just be making bad habits.

evensevenone
May 12, 2001
Glass is a solid.

Got this this week, pretty stoked. No, I don't know what happened to the fairing, but I didn't want it anyway.

Low-Pass Filter
Aug 12, 2007

notZaar posted:

Ola posted:

Congrats! If you absolutely have to ride a bit and you can get to a parking lot easily, practicing low speed stuff will be useful. http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/I_want_to_improve_my_riding_skills._What_exercises_can_I_do%3F

But as mentioned, if you don't have anyone to give you feedback you might just be making bad habits.

thanks for the link, I'll try this for sure in the future, but gonna take threads advice and just chill out until someone who know's more than me can instill some good habits.

cant wait to ride the fuk out my dad bike, gently caress yeah

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

It's official. I'm old.

2003 Road King. She's heavy, she's slow as poo poo but....she's comfy as hell.

Low-Pass Filter
Aug 12, 2007
a big beautiful dad bike who don't need no performance mods

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Scrapez posted:

It's official. I'm old.

2003 Road King. She's heavy, she's slow as poo poo but....she's comfy as hell.

I don't care how old you actually are, you'll be 47 years old as long as you own that bike. It's like immortality, but with a price.

The price is rear end-comforting slowness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

evensevenone posted:

Got this this week, pretty stoked. No, I don't know what happened to the fairing, but I didn't want it anyway.

Its probably a conversion. It is a real popular thing for people to do after they drop the bike the first time. Its easier to buy a headlight from a GS500E than it is to buy an expensive set of fairings.