Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Arrow gets Starling City, Flash gets Central City, Atom gets Feli City.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Scyantific posted:

Yeah this is all really implying that Arrow is bound to start going down the superpowered/metahuman road. Especially if they bring Oliver back through the Lazarus Pits.

Only problem with Atom getting its own spinoff would be how they're going to get him his own city. Arrow has at least 2 more seasons (4 and 5) to go through so Starling City is their turf, and Flash has Central City. I mean unless they plan on crossing over Atom/Arrow consistently, Palmer's gonna have to move out.

I'm sure Palmer has interests in other cities. I'm blanking, did his wife die in Starling? Maybe Ivy City needs a hero pretty badly next year. At least with Flash they can move Ronnie across the lake/river to Central City or something.

Bruceski posted:

Arrow gets Starling City, Flash gets Central City, Atom gets Feli City.

I'm still holding out for my theory that they inject her with Multivex's blood and she become Multicity. Then she can be on all three shows.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Palmer's stated that his main interest is saving Starling City because he lost his fiancee to the MIrakuru goon attacks at the end of season 2.

Also Arrow/Flash are going to have annual crossovers! :neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Scyantific posted:

Palmer's stated that his main interest is saving Starling City because he lost his fiancee to the MIrakuru goon attacks at the end of season 2.

Also Arrow/Flash are going to have annual crossovers! :neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard:

This is the best news.

I wonder what will happen with Arrow after they run out of flashbacks? I do think it would be really funny if Season 6 was interspersed with clips from Season 1.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Flashbacks to all of Roy's cut scenes.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Flashbacks to Connor Hawke as a toddler in a single parent home.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

I dont know posted:

Flashbacks to Connor Hawke as a toddler in a single parent home.

Shooting a nerf bow and arrow at bullies in preschool.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Some Numbers posted:

This is the best news.

I wonder what will happen with Arrow after they run out of flashbacks? I do think it would be really funny if Season 6 was interspersed with clips from Season 1.

End of season 5 he has a flashback about the time JUUUUUST before returning to Starling City, when he ran into Darkseid who hit him with the Omega Sanction which sent him back to the prehistoric caveman era. Seasons 6-10 are about his efforts to return to his own time so he can finally go.... home.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

End of season 5 he has a flashback about the time JUUUUUST before returning to Starling City, when he ran into Darkseid who hit him with the Omega Sanction which sent him back to the prehistoric caveman era. Seasons 6-10 are about his efforts to return to his own time so he can finally go.... home.

That happens at the start of the season, flashbacks are about him surviving and sending messages forward through time by writing in book, altering art etc. Felicity realises what's happened/happening and he is rescued by the flash during the crossover, the remainder of the seasons flashbacks are to him in the past explaining his amazing new skills/further ptsd.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

HERAK posted:

That happens at the start of the season, flashbacks are about him surviving and sending messages forward through time by writing in book, altering art etc. Felicity realises what's happened/happening and he is rescued by the flash during the crossover, the remainder of the seasons flashbacks are to him in the past explaining his amazing new skills/further ptsd.

Then announces the creation of Arrow Incorporated.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Rhyno posted:

I'm still holding out for my theory that they inject her with Multivex's blood and she become Multicity. Then she can be on all three shows.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Batman confirmed for S4.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Batman confirmed for S4.

You mean Birdman

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
They'll pull a Lost when they run out of flashbacks and start doing flash forwards

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

bobkatt013 posted:

You mean Birdman

You mean Beetlejuice.

Beetlejuice.

Beetlejuice.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

bobkatt013 posted:

You mean Birdman

For a second, I thought you meant Harvey and was confused.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Lycus posted:

For a second, I thought you meant Harvey and was confused.

What does a giant rabbit have to do with anything?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

What does a giant rabbit have to do with anything?

Ollie discovers that crackers do not matter and that pizza does not mix with margarita shooters

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Some Numbers posted:

I wonder what will happen with Arrow after they run out of flashbacks?

They end the show since as I understand it, the plan has always been five seasons.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

howe_sam posted:

They end the show since as I understand it, the plan has always been five seasons.

The plan for Supernatural was 5 seasons too. That was 5 seasons ago and they just got renewed for another.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They didn't plan to do 5 and end though. That's just how long Kripke planned his storyline.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I thought it was season 5 for flashbacks after that it will all be present day.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, Amell said that flashbacks would all be seasons 1-5, with the very last episode of Season 5 ending with the very first scene from the pilot, him lighting the signal fire that led to his rescue. What comes after that is open to the producers I guess, depending on how well the show maintains its popularity (which shouldn't be too hard, especially if they're doing annual Flash/Arrow crossovers).

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Scyantific posted:

Yeah, Amell said that flashbacks would all be seasons 1-5, with the very last episode of Season 5 ending with the very first scene from the pilot, him lighting the signal fire that led to his rescue. What comes after that is open to the producers I guess, depending on how well the show maintains its popularity (which shouldn't be too hard, especially if they're doing annual Flash/Arrow crossovers).

There are also a few more Arrow Family members from the DCU to reference/introduce before then.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rhyno posted:

This got me picturing Orphan Black except with Felicity. I don't know if it would be good but it would probably be funny

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

There are also a few more Arrow Family members from the DCU to reference/introduce before then.

Can't wait until they reveal Sin's full name is Cindy Mia Dearden

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Scyantific posted:

One of my friends is of the opinion that in the pilot, Ollie wasn't rescued by chance. More that he decided at that stage to allow himself to be rescued so as to move on with his plans. If so, a Year Five that shows him becoming this tactical genius and someone who engineers his own rescue would be cool to watch.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

One of my friends is of the opinion that in the pilot, Ollie wasn't rescued by chance. More that he decided at that stage to allow himself to be rescued so as to move on with his plans. If so, a Year Five that shows him becoming this tactical genius and someone who engineers his own rescue would be cool to watch.

Yeah during his date with Felicity at the start of the season, he talks about coming back, but phrases it as something like "when I decided to come back home..."

I'm guessing that sometime in year 4 he'll have a chance to be rescued, but the collective survivor's guilt makes him stay a little longer.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

It is heavily implied in the pilot that Oliver chose that moment to return home. We don't know what, if anything, made him specifically need to come back at that particular point though.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Come to think of it it is a little strange given all the crazy poo poo that has happened to him in flashbacks since the S1 flashbacks that one day he just remembered that book of names his dad had and decided to make it his life all of a sudden.

They'll probably tie it back into the flashbacks later on but right now everything about that book seems like the loosest of loose ends and I don't feel like that's intentional.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He mentioned there being more than one book, didn't he?

I would think he finds another copy on someone and that makes him realize what it really is or something.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I'm pretty sure Oliver will find his way back to Starling City sometime within the next 2.5 seasons' worth of flashbacks, especially considering how Tommy is going to be coming back in flashbacks soon (no way in hell he's going back to Hong Kong either after that poo poo Oliver pulled on him). Whether it's as a favor from Waller, or Waller forcing him to take on a job in Starling, we're going to find out.

But I'm pretty sure that next to the Bratva thing, him coming back to Starling before his rescue is a thing that's going to happen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This got me picturing Orphan Black except with Felicity. I don't know if it would be good but it would probably be funny

Felicity interacting with herself would be hilariously awkward in every way. So now I want to see that happen.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Rhyno posted:

Felicity interacting with herself would be hilariously awkward in every way. So now I want to see that happen.

I don't want to see Felicity on Felicity fanfic so pass.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

One Felicity is already overdone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sbaldrick posted:

I don't want to see Felicity on Felicity fanfic so pass.

Ugh, you're right. Nevermind.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Rhyno posted:

Ugh, you're right. Nevermind.

Never make the mistake I made of once wonder if there was Orphan Black fanfic, google was not my friend that day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sbaldrick posted:

Never make the mistake I made of once wonder if there was Orphan Black fanfic, google was not my friend that day.

Never in my internet using life has the phrase "I wonder if this show has fan fiction" entered my head.

Because the answer is always yes.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Rhyno posted:

Never in my internet using life has the phrase "I wonder if this show has fan fiction" entered my head.

Because the answer is always yes.

The real phase was "I wonder if this show has horrible fanfic because I've never been exposed to it on SA so it can't exist".

I was wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

dordreff posted:

Can't wait until they reveal Sin's full name is Cindy Mia Dearden

Just a reminder that Thea's middle name has already been confirmed as Dearden and her longstanding nickname is Speedy. So they already have used that particular winking allusion already.

• Locked thread