Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
They could just cast Gina as Carol. She'd be a good Carol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She'd be pushing 50 when they get around to her own movie.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
If it brings in NextWave, then drat right I want to see Monica!

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

As a fanboy I'd be really disappointed, but I have to admit it could easily make for a better movie.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Monica's just a better character all round, Carol sucks and seems to be chained to a never ending purgatory of terrible stories. :colbert:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I would love that meeting: "The Captain. His name is the Captain."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
They could pitch it as a super powered A-team.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Ray Wise as Dirk Anger

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Trailer for iZombie:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWCyqJv6q7g
Meh.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

So, having never read the comic this is based on, I am getting a very Buffy-like 'she's a superhero, only also a zombie and her power is to eat brains!' vibe?

Idunno, I'll probably give it 3 episodes but that trailer isn't exactly hyping me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The show is nothing like the comic anyway, apparently.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Aphrodite posted:

The only reason to read the comic is to look at the Allred art. The plot was all over the place, and it seemed that it had storylines missing.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 12, 2015

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

bobkatt013 posted:

The only reason to read the comic is to look at the Allred art. The plot was all over the place, and it seemed that it had storylines missing.

Pretty much this. I love the Allred artwork but found the storyline somewhat hard to follow (or care about).

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Recently heard that Berlanti and Guggenheim were talking about the possibility of potentially doing an Atom spin-off with Routh.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

The lead character looks like an Allred drawing come to life though:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Loaf posted:

Recently heard that Berlanti and Guggenheim were talking about the possibility of potentially doing an Atom spin-off with Routh.

Here's where I read this. Also said Arrow/Flash crossovers will be a kind of JLA/JSA style annual event.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Metal Loaf posted:

Also said Arrow/Flash crossovers will be a kind of JLA/JSA style annual event.

gently caress yes

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Meh. While the Flash crossover was probably the best episode of Arrow's pretty dull season the Arrow crossover was the least interesting episode of Flash's extremely solid season so far.

I'd rather Flash just stood on its own and didn't get bogged down in Arrow's crap.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

Meh. While the Flash crossover was probably the best episode of Arrow's pretty dull season the Arrow crossover was the least interesting episode of Flash's extremely solid season so far.

I guess you didn't see the stupid as poo poo episode where the writers got their passive-aggressive revenge on their childhood bullies by making Flash punch the lights out of a stand-in for them.

Also how can you not love Ollie shooting Barry in the back with two crossbows as his idea of "training" and just shrugging it off with "you heal fast, deal with it" or Wells :smug:ing it up when he reveals the Arrow's identity?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah the fight between Ollie and Barry was classic comics and maybe the best fight either show had done to that point? (Arrow finale duel surpassed it though)

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Angry Walrus posted:

I guess you didn't see the stupid as poo poo episode where the writers got their passive-aggressive revenge on their childhood bullies by making Flash punch the lights out of a stand-in for them.

Also how can you not love Ollie shooting Barry in the back with two crossbows as his idea of "training" and just shrugging it off with "you heal fast, deal with it" or Wells :smug:ing it up when he reveals the Arrow's identity?

And Diggle's reaction to metahumans.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
The crossover ep on Flash sure as hell didn't feel like the weakest one to me. It was pretty entertaining, and I don't remember clutching my head at the on screen stupidity as much as I have in certain other episodes, like I did a bunch of times in the Captain Cold episode.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
It was ok, in the top 6 for sure.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

What I remember of it was a really dumb villain, Ollie being a dick for no good reason other than really trying too hard to be Batman (and even Batman isn't a dickhead to his team mates when he's written well- he's just blunt) and the big hero v hero fight ends on a really cheap disco lights moment that really fails to get across the whole subliminal mood lighting technobabble they were trying to go for.

Also the villain gets dealt with offscreen when the whole reason to watch an Arrow/Flash episode is to actually see them team up (this is why the second one was far better, that and Boomerang was a properly interesting villain) and the whole thing gets really bogged down by some really bad Iris/Eddie angst, even for this series, and a stupid Anti-Flash police squad which is completely jarring with the way the series had been up to that point. I really wanted to enjoy the Flashdickery but it was just really angsty rather than the more silly and humorous kind of tone that Silver Age Superdickery normally takes.

Diggle's reactions were great and probably my favourite part of it but the whole thing was rather pointless and for such a hyped team up it was really disappointing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The crossover episode was good, but the mid season finale and the Captain Cold episodes were better. And I honestly can't pick between them. Snart.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Crossover doesn't mean team up.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

Also the villain gets dealt with offscreen

Yeah I really wanted to see the epic battle between Flash, Arrow and loving Rainbow Raider. What a let down.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
So Hayley Atwell is currently IMDB's #1-ranked person. Show's taken off pretty dang well.

Of course, the show basically took an A- actress and put her on TV, so it figures that it'd get some extra play, but I'm still chuffed to see how warm the reception's been.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

When was Hayley Atwell an A-actress? Not being sarcastic, I thought she primarily did TV outside of the Marvel films, of which she wasn't a huge part anyway. The first thing I saw her in was Pillars of the Earth.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Crossover doesn't mean team up.

How was it not a crossover? Plot lines from one carried on to the next.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Hakkesshu posted:

When was Hayley Atwell an A-actress? Not being sarcastic, I thought she primarily did TV outside of the Marvel films, of which she wasn't a huge part anyway. The first thing I saw her in was Pillars of the Earth.

C list would be a bit more accurate or even generous. She's kind of lucked out that Marvel still want to do more with Peggy.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ufarn posted:

So Hayley Atwell is currently IMDB's #1-ranked person. Show's taken off pretty dang well.

Of course, the show basically took an A- actress and put her on TV, so it figures that it'd get some extra play, but I'm still chuffed to see how warm the reception's been.
Well, that's being super generous.

edit: and that's what I get for not refreshing. Still, A-List? Ha ha!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

How was it not a crossover? Plot lines from one carried on to the next.

That's not what I said. I was referring to this:

quote:

Diggle's reactions were great and probably my favourite part of it but the whole thing was rather pointless and for such a hyped team up it was really disappointing.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

quote:

“We are having some preliminary discussions about expanding [that] universe, but we have not vetted them out. Could there be another hour in that universe? Possibly. As long as there’s no audience fatigue.”

If they want to avoid audience fatigue they should copy Marvel and slot in the Atom show during the break. Ain't no reason every show needs to be 13/22 episodes long. An dense 8 episode series can be awesome.

I would also suggest a summer show but I guess probably people don't watch shows during the summer so that would basically be killing the show before it even starts? I dunno enough about TV business to say I guess.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

XboxPants posted:

If they want to avoid audience fatigue they should copy Marvel and slot in the Atom show during the break. Ain't no reason every show needs to be 13/22 episodes long. An dense 8 episode series can be awesome.

I would also suggest a summer show but I guess probably people don't watch shows during the summer so that would basically be killing the show before it even starts? I dunno enough about TV business to say I guess.

CW are actually trying the year-round programming thing. They've stated that Beauty & The Beast wasn't included in the renewal announcements because it doesn't even start it's new season until the summer.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

zoux posted:

Yeah I really wanted to see the epic battle between Flash, Arrow and loving Rainbow Raider. What a let down.

We didn't even get to see his Yellow Fear or Violet :swoon: Love powers.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Alhazred posted:

The lead character looks like an Allred drawing come to life though:

Yeah but they apparently only licensed it for the name/appearance of the main character.

It's not just a "Eh, we're kinda mixing up little details," just latching onto the "mostly human-ish zombie, covertly eating brains to stay human" concept.

Like everyone else I came to iZombie for Allred's art, but I actually enjoyed the quirky story.

The comic is about a dead girl named Gwen in Eugene Oregon who works as a gravedigger and eats brains of the dead to try and keep her memories, but ends up haunted by the ghosts of those she eats and has to do them favors to be left alone and gets some of their memories temporarily. Also for some weird reason Eugene while being the boonies is a hub for supernatural stuff, so she's got a were-terrier and a teenage ghost from the 60's as her only friends.

It's light and mostly silly with stuff like a BPRD/Men in Black knock off run by zombie Abe Lincoln investigating the city, and vampire sororities.

It doesn't help the showrunner has also said he hasn't read the comic.

I hope this means there's a chance of a separate Dead Presidents TV show/cartoon/whatever.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah but they apparently only licensed it for the name/appearance of the main character.

It's not just a "Eh, we're kinda mixing up little details," just latching onto the "mostly human-ish zombie, covertly eating brains to stay human" concept.

Like everyone else I came to iZombie for Allred's art, but I actually enjoyed the quirky story.

The comic is about a dead girl named Gwen in Eugene Oregon who works as a gravedigger and eats brains of the dead to try and keep her memories, but ends up haunted by the ghosts of those she eats and has to do them favors to be left alone and gets some of their memories temporarily. Also for some weird reason Eugene while being the boonies is a hub for supernatural stuff, so she's got a were-terrier and a teenage ghost from the 60's as her only friends.

It's light and mostly silly with stuff like a BPRD/Men in Black knock off run by zombie Abe Lincoln investigating the city, and vampire sororities.

It doesn't help the showrunner has also said he hasn't read the comic.

I hope this means there's a chance of a separate Dead Presidents TV show/cartoon/whatever.

Wonder if this will be better then the other adaption of his work - G Men from Hell.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

bobkatt013 posted:

Wonder if this will be better then the other adaption of his work - G Men from Hell.

On the one hand production quality, on the other hand no Busey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I bought one issue of iZombie and it was the most painful read in years, so maybe this show will be watchable.