Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

i'll end up in canada some day, then i will eat your food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
irony of ironies: keyboard vomit gets shot by the one gun in quebec, bleeds out into his breakfast at Schwartz's

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

that joke got weirdly dark, sorry bro

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Blackula69 posted:

that joke got weirdly dark, sorry bro
the police shot your joke

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

guns is dumb unless you're playing shootsmans

the best gun in any game is the doofiest looking one

cheese curds form the base of the best food

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

there's this one part in wolfenstein that I got pissed and couldn't get past though, you're in the submarine and it gives you the fancy bullets for the shotgun and all those fire dudes come at you

the shotgun fancy shells are supposed to hit them from behind but it's entirely loving luck if they do or not, it's an absolute pain in the rear end. i keep making it through 2 or 3 waves and then the last guy comes out of nowhere and blows me away

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

trigger discipline

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Blackula69 posted:

there's this one part in wolfenstein that I got pissed and couldn't get past though, you're in the submarine and it gives you the fancy bullets for the shotgun and all those fire dudes come at you

the shotgun fancy shells are supposed to hit them from behind but it's entirely loving luck if they do or not, it's an absolute pain in the rear end. i keep making it through 2 or 3 waves and then the last guy comes out of nowhere and blows me away

the bouncing shotguns shells are a confidence trick. grenades are the answer

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Cat Face Joe posted:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

this one came out funy too

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

zonar posted:

kinder eggs are nasty chocolate ime

but americans dont have it so it is basically manna from heaven that europoors rub on their bodies for pleasure and warmth

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Liver Disaster posted:

but americans dont have it so it is basically manna from heaven that europoors rub on their bodies for pleasure and warmth

nah that would be lindt chocolates

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

saucepanman posted:

the dark chocolate ones especially

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

saucepanman posted:

we have those in the states though and yes they keep my skin quite lusterous

hey hubris youre best bet is gonna be getting on at like 4am your time, 7 PST is when i got on

i rly like my FC on Jenova though, they dont sound like teenagers in chat and im not looking forward to the next two nights without them

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

keyboard vomit posted:

also played STALKER

been in a janky outdated game mood lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39wqqEnL8Fk

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Cat Face Joe posted:

you only get like one in that mission and grenades don't actually kill those guys that well

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
those bouncing shotgun bullets are worthless

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

those bouncing shotgun bullets are worthless

uhhh wrong

just only use them on lightly armored guys though, a single bullet will rip the limbs off them

basically just fire a shitload into a hall with enemies and it will kill all the non heavy armor guys

also the bullets have an arc so aim accordingly

they are completely useless against anything with heavy armor though

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Blackula69 posted:

you only get like one in that mission and grenades don't actually kill those guys that well

just unload regular shotgun shells into their face, when you take down a big guy run around and get all the regular dudes and then you have lots of cover and ammo to use for the next big guy spawns

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
played a bit of new wolfenstein, just found out that there's environmental destruction :hellyeah:

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

just unload regular shotgun shells into their face, when you take down a big guy run around and get all the regular dudes and then you have lots of cover and ammo to use for the next big guy spawns

that's what I was trying but i'm on the second-hardest difficulty and if they catch you at anything like close range it's two shots and you're dead. i'll try more later, the shotgun alt shells are loving worthless

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Do any of you use SLI? my computer is kind of aging at this point (i5 2500k, GTX 670) and I'm going to build a whole new one next year, but I was thinking about picking up an extra 670 for like $160 to drop in for Witcher 3 and some other stuff this year. I only play at 1080p but I could use the extra juice.

I've heard that SLI is annoying and I don't want to be loving around with drivers and stuff, I just want to drop in an extra card for more performance. can anyone give me a trip report?

I did nearly max out shadow of mordor though so idk if it's totally necessary

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

is your mobo even capable of it? you need two 16-lane pcie slots. sli isn't guaranteed to give you 2x performance increase, and it's probably worth it to just wait one year and turn down the graphics if you have to

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

nobody has two 16x slots, most motherboards just do 8x8. The performance decrease is unmeasurable below 5K.

my motherboard does it, I just have to get a different low-profile sata cord because they put the sata slots in the wrong place. I know the performance gains aren't linear but they're definitely useful.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

is a 670 really aging at this point? my 660ti is still running stuff fine. sli will give you a few more fps but for an open world game like witcher 3 vram is probably going to be your bottleneck which sli wont help

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

that's a fair point. I have the factory super-overclocked edition too, it's faster than a stock 680. I just like loving around with computers, I guess

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the gpu in the pc i left at my parents house is shot so i just went to best buy dot com and found the highest rated cards under $150. what has happened to me

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

just buy an alienware jeez

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Blackula69 posted:

nobody has two 16x slots, most motherboards just do 8x8. The performance decrease is unmeasurable below 5K.

I know the performance gains aren't linear but they're definitely useful.

they aren't, though, considering the extra effort for compatibility, increased power usage, and the fact that you're already planning a whole new machine anyway

if you're objective is spend more time janitoring your pc then it's a pro move but otherwise, probably not

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

i was just wondering about the compatibility issues, how much of a pain is it really

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

keyboard vomit posted:

assault weapon is a useless distinction that basically amounts to "Scary looking gun"

kinder egg is a dumber way of saying überraschung ei because german is a better language

it is, but the word is Überraschungsei

we love our compound words

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Liver Disaster posted:

americans put wax in chocolate, you're not allowed to have an opinion

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

dont people soak fish in lye over there and call it good?

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Katana Gomai posted:

americans put wax in chocolate, you're not allowed to have an opinion

also vomit

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the light armored dudes in the sub are super easy to kill w/ anything but the shotgun flichettes are the best cause they tear the dudes up real good. For the heavy shotgunners you need to use grenades or the laser gun thing. protip: if you use the laser gun scope you can charge a shot (the charge level of the shot is shown at the bottom). a max level charge will waste a heavy.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

:eyepop:

haha

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Shaggar posted:

the light armored dudes in the sub are super easy to kill w/ anything but the shotgun flichettes are the best cause they tear the dudes up real good. For the heavy shotgunners you need to use grenades or the laser gun thing. protip: if you use the laser gun scope you can charge a shot (the charge level of the shot is shown at the bottom). a max level charge will waste a heavy.

unfortunately I don't have the scope yet, I think I missed the last upgrade :(

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Blackula69 posted:

the scope is in the sub if you are playing the fergus timeline

in fact i think you get it before fighting the shotgun dudes although its in a hidden area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Blackula69 posted:

you can just blast them w/ the normal laser fire then

• Locked thread