Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

holocaust bloopers posted:

Ya best sex I ever had was with a redhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

I'm a redhead :bigtran:

I also enjoyed the Interview. It's not some cinematic masterpiece, but there are definitely chuckles to be had. Just get high and enjoy yourself.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Master Bateman posted:

gently caress you. Danzig owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0d553Ms228

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

ManMythLegend posted:

Redheads, more like bestheads.

Quinn agrees

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfD7agP1yxw

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
http://mycrappyneighbor.com/2011/04/17/celebrity-crappy-neighbor-glenn-danzig/

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/15125f27d2/glenn-danzig-bad-neighbor

Danzig hates bricks

But loves him's kitty cat :3:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Master Bateman posted:

gently caress you. Danzig owns.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

First class at a US university. Liberal studies, cultural communication.

A redneck asking the professor whether she'd root for Temple or Georgetown in basketball.

A student giving an example of a previous class where she was outraged by participants who refused to acknowledge her perception of white privilege and thus dropped the class.

The professor making absolutely sure that there will be a "trigger alert" throughout the semester before classes containing provocative content, but refusing to roughly describe examples of what provocative content might be because those examples may already trigger people.

The professor reassuring anyone that they may "step outside for a minute" at any time if they feel triggered.

One of those things was something I'd expect to happen, but apparently the other three are what it's gonna be like, huh?

College be weird

The textbook prices...what the gently caress :catstare:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 12, 2015

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Spicy Guacamole posted:

so have your parents met him/her/it?

idgi

beanieson posted:

Look at these convincing trannies

not helping your case officer trannyfucker. The rest of those prolly aren't natural redheads since they dont look like dudes.

ManMythLegend posted:

Redheads, more like bestheads.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Only redhead I ever dated could suck chrome off a ball hitch. Anyhead after that was disappointing.

Its okay to like redheads. They just look like dudes in a wig.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
http://morningafter.gawker.com/allison-williams-gets-her-rear end-eaten-to-the-sounds-of-pe-1678900471

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Just waiting on her to get her tits out and then I can stop watching girls.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

A redneck asking the professor whether she'd root for Temple or Georgetown in basketball.

A student giving an example of a previous class where she was outraged by participants who refused to acknowledge her perception of white privilege and thus dropped the class.

The professor making absolutely sure that there will be a "trigger alert" throughout the semester before classes containing provocative content, but refusing to roughly describe examples of what provocative content might be because those examples may already trigger people.

The professor reassuring anyone that they may "step outside for a minute" at any time if they feel triggered.

One of those things was something I'd expect to happen, but apparently the other three are what it's gonna be like, huh?

College be weird

Abebooks.com, chegg, Amazon book rental.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
my statistics book is $150. my computer science book is $150.

these are bookstore prices because those dumbass books have one of those CDs that the professor never actually uses.

google the same books and you can get them without the CD for like, $20 a piece.

i have five books for my theology class. two for my writing class. and three for my theory of nonviolence class.

if i went through the bookstore i would exhaust my $1000 book stipend in one semester.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Get on vocational rehab. I have a line of credit at the bookstore and they just send the VA a bill. They're also fixing the broken screen on my laptop for me, and if they can't get that done buying me a new one.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Cole posted:

my statistics book is $150. my computer science book is $150.

these are bookstore prices because those dumbass books have one of those CDs that the professor never actually uses.

google the same books and you can get them without the CD for like, $20 a piece.

i have five books for my theology class. two for my writing class. and three for my theory of nonviolence class.

if i went through the bookstore i would exhaust my $1000 book stipend in one semester.

Foreign editions are the best, when available.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Mr. Nice! posted:

Get on vocational rehab. I have a line of credit at the bookstore and they just send the VA a bill. They're also fixing the broken screen on my laptop for me, and if they can't get that done buying me a new one.

The way I understand it had led me to believe I should use voc rehab if I run out of gi bill bennies.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Cole posted:

The way I understand it had led me to believe I should use voc rehab if I run out of gi bill bennies.

You can use them concurrently. Like, voc rehab would give me something like $600 a month if I didn't have any 9-11 benefits left. Instead, I get the 9-11 BAH as long as I have those, but I keep getting the voc rehab stuff until I'm done. They're not just paying for school, but also bar prep and any fees related to that.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also if it's like 5th edition, 99% chance that 4th edition is just new pictures and a couple chapters were rearranged. It'll also cost waaaaay less, just go off chapter names in the syllabus or compare to someone who got the new edition and see what changed.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
keep in mind sometime those foreign editions are nothing more then a pdf printed out on lovely paper that's been bound with a 3 ring binder (hint: they don't include the binder). Make sure to read the review of the store before purchasing so you don't get ripped off like some people do. There's a reason that book is 30 bucks and not 200. Make sure you're getting one that's bound and won't fall apart. Then resell it at a marked up price on campus lololol

As for voc rehab, my understanding is that you start using it BEFORE you run out of GI bill.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

elite_garbage_man posted:

keep in mind sometime those foreign editions are nothing more then a pdf printed out on lovely paper that's been bound with a 3 ring binder (hint: they don't include the binder). Make sure to read the review of the store before purchasing so you don't get ripped off like some people do. There's a reason that book is 30 bucks and not 200. Make sure you're getting one that's bound and won't fall apart. Then resell it at a marked up price on campus lololol

As for voc rehab, my understanding is that you start using it BEFORE you run out of GI bill.

I'd sure drop $30 vs $200 on a printed out PDF for a book I'll never use again.

But my experience with foreign editions are that they're exactly the same except with "foreign edition" on the cover and if there was a CD in the expensive edition it won't be in the foreign one.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
My remote sensing book was printed for India. Soft cover and not everything was in color.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

more redheads please

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

College be weird

Maybe I've just lucked out a lot but I've never heard anyone say "trigger" in the tumblr sense at college. Had plenty of classmates that would probably use it but never heard it said in class.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
just shout your user name

pretty sure someone would pipe up

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Duzzy Funlop posted:

actually you know what maybe free speech has gone too far after all

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The good news about those courses is that they're generally 100 level and/or easily avoided.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

8lbsofanalsex posted:

Maybe I've just lucked out a lot but I've never heard anyone say "trigger" in the tumblr sense at college. Had plenty of classmates that would probably use it but never heard it said in class.

I unironically get triggered by the phrase "trigger warning."

It's so stupid I get pissed.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
trigger cuck

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I want trigger warnings in military briefs and classes

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

elite_garbage_man posted:

I want trigger warnings in military briefs
Trigger warning

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Roughly 90% of the folks I know here are also international students, mostly spanish chicks, a saudi and a swedish dude, bunch of french chicks, a venezuelan one and a single german chick. My roomates are both brazilian and they have the entire loving nation of brazil over to chill in the living room basically every evening. When they said they didn't understand what triggering was, I described that I, a person weighing 240lbs, may be triggered by them describing that one fat chick in our residence hall by bloating their cheeks and assuming a sumo-pose.
They laughed and agreed that being triggered is loving dumb.

Tell you one thing, though:

Skin-tight leggings and yoga pants every loving where owns.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

USMC503 posted:

I unironically get triggered by the phrase "trigger warning."

"I get triggered by the phrase 'trigger warning', so if everyone could just get a thicker skin and not have an emotional breakdown over words like 'rape', 'murder', and 'fat', I'd greatly appreciate it."

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've been out of college for only 2 years, where the yoga pants/female ratio was maybe 3:10.

Now that I'm starting up again this summer, I've got access to the universities gym, literally 9:10 yoga pants ratio.

I wish I would have invested in yoga pants.

the ol pump-n-bump
Jul 27, 2004

by Smythe
can you get on voc rehab if you dont have a disability rating? Im starting a 2 year tech school but I only have 11 months of the gi bill left

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

PBRstreetgang posted:

can you get on voc rehab if you dont have a disability rating? Im starting a 2 year tech school but I only have 11 months of the gi bill left

Not as far as I recall, 10% was minimum and even then not guaranteed

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Need at least a 10% rating from the VA for voc rehab. If I recall correctly you need to have a disability that prevents you from continuing in your current line of work.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Delizin posted:

Need at least a 10% rating from the VA for voc rehab. If I recall correctly you need to have a disability that prevents you from continuing in your current line of work.

I got the feeling that it highly depended on your voc rehab counselor and their willingness to help, unfortunately. I had a great one that did a lot for me but I've had friends @ 10% in the same situation but busier areas get denied.

We were both college students working towards a degree who had exhausted our GI bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSSBXPda50w

fuckin' right

• Locked thread