Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

Gilganixon posted:

Goddamn that is some crazy, bitter old poop.

E: What compliments did you come up with for his other cartoons?

I lied and said I broadly agreed with his thesis. Also I said he should draw more holiday cartoons because those are my favorite. Which isn't a lie. Occasionally I do laugh when he's making Jewish dadjokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Saint Sputnik posted:

Guess which lovely cartoon my idiot editor is running today :suicide:

I thought McCay was just some rear end in a top hat making political cartoons that no one paid him for. I am all in favor of satire, but racist poo poo that McCay dreams up is just offensive.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

McCoy's cartoons will hopefully be in a history book as an example of how American society in the early 21st century was openly racist but got very offended when you brought it up.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

1 jesus christ :wrongful:

2 lol

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

You think you support freedom of expression? Why don't you employ a full-time political cartoonist then, huh? HUH? Check and mate, points to the Tedmeister.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

MAH TAXAS :qq: now let me tell you how the F35 is a great deal.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Ted Rall will not back down.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A good cartoon about Medicare.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Huh, has Kelly ever drawn Obama before? He mostly sticks to his own characters, the sophisticated adults and mixed-up teens and so on.

Other than purely on an intellectual level, it's hard for me to accept that there are people who are actually scared or angry about taxes. They're just...a thing that you do when you live in a modern society.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 12, 2015

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

An implicit admission from Kelly that the new Congress is awful and sending bad legislation to Obama's desk :golfclap:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Huh, has Kelly ever drawn Obama before? He mostly sticks to his own characters, the sophisticated adults and mixed-up teens and so on.

Yeah, once. It was him putting on his "black" disguise in order to gain political points. I think that's the only other time, though. He seems to stick mostly to personal, inconsequential things, which is a perfect parody of how petty the discourse has become in the culture wars as well as being a comment on the right.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Bloodnose posted:

I touched the poop that is Yaakov Kirschen and expressed my concern that his birdy cards are promoting an image of certain Jews as race traitors. I was polite and offered compliments about some of his other cartoons, expecting an equally polite response and maybe a counterargument for why the cards aren't as problematic as I said they were.

Instead, he just replied with an image, no text:

:iceburn:

I guess he just considers it self-evident that Jewish people disagreeing with the state of Israel is a bad thing?

This is like one of those cartoons where unless you already agree with the artist, you just look at it and say "yeah...and?"

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I like to imagine the entire Obama family grinning like idiots as they frame this cartoon and put it on the wall.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

:haw:

Isn't the reason we even have a new Chief of Police is because the last one was a corrupt piece of poo poo?

I thought I heard about that in the news last year

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

2/10 Michelle is not fat enough to be believable.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

:haw:

Isn't the reason we even have a new Chief of Police is because the last one was a corrupt piece of poo poo?

I thought I heard about that in the news last year

If Hitler were a cop the FOP would still say he's a good man just doing his duty. They are the worst. At least they're laughably predictable?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Marc Murphy, Louisville Courier-Journal

Steven Benson, Phoenix Arizona Republic

Andy Marlette, Pensacola News Journal

Mike Thompson, Detroit Free Press

Also about a million other variations of "broken pencil/pen and 'Je suis Charlie'" and this piece of poo poo from Varvel:

majormonotone fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 12, 2015

Largeguy
Nov 16, 2003

Insurance Bot is here. He gonna indemnify yo ass.

majormonotone posted:

and this piece of poo poo from Varvel:

Like it's any better than, "I have no career prospects as a high school graduate, so I'll join the military! "

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Years earlier: "I'm going to get free primary education" "I'm going to get the bill".

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

You're not getting "the bill", you're just paying your drat taxes, you massive babbies.

The latest scandal is that Obama didn't show up in Paris on account of he can't teleport

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
New Bors:

https://medium.com/the-nib/martyrs-meet-their-maker-bf3fc2e91f36

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

He accidentally made the guy he agrees with the "dumb and so goddamn crazy" caricature. Whoops!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

majormonotone posted:

Also about a million other variations of "broken pencil/pen and 'Je suis Charlie'" and this piece of poo poo from Varvel:

I know the central conservative ethos is "the government should do literally nothing" but seeing this really drives the point home. "Who cares if this is an objective good for a substantial demographic of America? It'll cost MONEY! :bahgawd:"

e:

Hitler B. Natural posted:

The latest scandal is that Obama didn't show up in Paris on account of he can't teleport

To be fair Obama's shameful inability to teleport is something they've been quite consistent in criticizing him on (see: Benghazi)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I agree with this sentiment.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Like he tried to give Millenial Freerider earrings and a goofy face to make him look bad, I guess, but the grumpy middle-aged Mr. Wilson fellow really does look like the jerk, even if you remove the word bubbles. Normally one caricatures the Bad Opinion Guy.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

At least the last panel is accurate

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I like how many of these cartoonist don't even bother to look up and research readily available verbal descriptions of how Muhammad probably looked like, they just cook up their own idea based off of their own outlook towards Arabs in general.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
“All criticism of the #CharlieHebdo cartoons amounts to victim-blaming and justifying their murders.”
Sounds like comrade Rall hates free speech.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Dang, that's quite the piehole on ol' dad there. A mouth that scary needs a fleshy lure protruding from the forehead.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

That cartoon reminds me -- is Dustin still a thing? I stopped reading the Newspaper Comics megathread when I realized I had to get actual work done sometimes

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Hitler B. Natural posted:

There is a 165% chance that wingnut cartoonists would be ripping on Obama if he did show up, for "hogging the spotlight" and their usual longhand for the word "uppity."

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I'll admit it, I laughed.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I'm going to get the bill, Gary.

I'm going to get the bill, Gary.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Garrand posted:

It's definitely at least an effort-laden way to say "I hit the drawing board and couldn't really come up with a hell of a lot, at least I acknowledged it and didn't just draw a beheaded pen, right?" I chuckled.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
The best part is that free CC would actually save money, due to tax credits, grants, and loans.

Plus, the proposal isn't "FREE FREE FREE!" it's "go at least half-time (6+ hours), and maintain a 2.5 GPA, and you still have to feed, clothe, and house yourself." Utterly reasonable, so of course conservatives will freak the gently caress out about it.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Garrand posted:

As did I

Political Cartoons 2015:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Wow, look at those earrings! Younglings these days. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Stultus Maximus posted:

Is the pencil now or has it ever been broken? This is important.

Anyway, READY for some whatever?

:what:
Today's Alex seems like an appropriate response to that.

• Locked thread