Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

A link between worlds looks great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

same. this was my biggest disappointment with the new zelda. oh great, im playing a game that's struggling to look better than an N64 title wow.

give me pretty smooth high-def sprites or give me death

i think you're crazy for that one, a link between worlds looks fantastic. i was meaning more like this poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhBBXV0y_gg

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

You might surprise yourself.
before anyone bashes M2 again remember that it is the only literally the only metroid with no story in game.

I spent an hour select-glitching from a new game got spiderball then bombs then got the baby. turns out the game wont end unless that metroid count is zero but then the main tunnel had collapsed since the game thought I killed the queen going into the area where it was with the baby.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I own Metroid Prime Trilogy Collectors Edition and can't play it because I have poor eyesight and have to sit closer to my TV and that doesn't make for very good gaming on the Wii.

I'll probably go to my grave having not been given the opportunity to experience this gaming classic. This probably should go in the gaming confession thread but I wanted you guys to know that I love Metroid more than any other games on this planet.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

link between worlds may not have looked bad but imagine how much better it would've been in 2D

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bobnumerotres posted:

link between worlds may not have looked bad but imagine how much better it would've been in 2D

perspective shifting is a main gimmick of the game........

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

link between worlds friggin' nailed the use of 3d

what a good game

Dec 26, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

it looked great, and 2d wouldnt have made it look better. get your head in the game

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
prime report

what an amazing game with cool places

gently caress that ice world boss

that is all

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

hubris.height posted:

prime report

what an amazing game with cool places

gently caress that ice world boss

that is all

Play Echoes.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
sure. i will beat the trilogy disc and echos is 2 right? so i got that

i'm looking forward to playing one in which the motion plus is supported so my cat doesn't gently caress everything up by sauntering by

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I could be wrong but I don't think any have motion plus support

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the Sheegoth is pretty bad but Thardus is fun

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Unless something changed in trilogy I don't think any of the games support motion plus.

I'm sorry...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sheegoth is way better if you know the missile quickfire trick.

it's really easy. launch missile, press beam button to reset it, launch missile again. actually this makes like the entire first half of the game a breeze

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
what

how does a wii game that involves pointing to turn and aim not support motion plus at some point lol

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

hubris.height posted:

what

how does a wii game that involves pointing to turn and aim not support motion plus at some point lol

It supports motion controls, but motion plus is an extra thingy they added later, way after Corruption came out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hubris.height posted:

what

It didn't exist when corruption came out and I don't think they did that much work on the first two to add the new control scheme. I mean it's basically the closest a console has gotten to m+kb controls, what would motion plus really add

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i thought the motion plus removed the requirement for line of sight with the beam bar but honestly idk

i just get made at the arm aiming sometimes and 'no motion plus' was the scapegoat i chose lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
do you think shiggy and sakamoto both had a hand in the murder of gunpei yokoi or was it only shiggy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

it looked good insane pedophile who lusts after the rear end of doctor eggman guy

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Regardless of the looks (which allowed for the main new gameplay feature anyway) LBW runs at 60fps and that kicks rear end.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Has any game ever run at a locked 24fps

e: I mean 23.98

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Regardless of the looks (which allowed for the main new gameplay feature anyway) LBW runs at 60fps and that kicks rear end.

this is nice

i would've just preferred cool looking hd sprites instead of what we got. i hope the next 2D metroid is 2D and not 2.5D bullshit, but that will probably be the case especially if it's on the 3DS.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

this is nice

i would've just preferred cool looking hd sprites instead of what we got. i hope the next 2D metroid is 2D and not 2.5D bullshit, but that will probably be the case especially if it's on the 3DS.

Yeah but can sprites do this?!?!

keep on truckin' link

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Can’t decide if I should use my Christmas money to buy A Link Between Worlds or Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance

Dec 26, 2012

link between worlds for sure

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Anime Curator posted:

Can’t decide if I should use my Christmas money to buy A Link Between Worlds or Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance

dream drop distance is really bad. i'm saying this as someone who genuinely enjoys playing kingdom hearts games. that game was bad

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bonzi Handling Protocols, 15.012.01

Bonzis are not pets. Bonzis are not for target practice. Finally, unauthorized gifting to Bonzis is still strictly prohibited.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The last bonzibuddy is in captivity.

The Imp Zone... is at peace.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
so is ridley sentient and able to communicate

cause the space pirates have a bunch of logs in their research lab that are like 'we gave ridley metroid and he is now meta ridley, also we promoted him to security captain'

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ridley is the smartest space pirate.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
It's the head of Mini-Boss Hideout II. It jumps up into the air and breathes fire. It's the original life form of the planet Zebes and is controlled by Mother Brain. Destroy it and you win 75 missile blasts!!!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lmao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I always liked the pirates logs in prime because once they figure out Samus has shown up they're like "oh gently caress man"

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Acquire Currency! posted:

I always liked the pirates logs in prime because once they figure out Samus has shown up they're like "oh gently caress man"

Oh gently caress, now there are two Hunters. All is lost.

I love pirate lore.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i don't even understand if space pirates are sentient

like obviously they've mastered space travel but they're such blundering morons they're like the russians in rocky and bulwinkle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ahahah yes the Pirates roll up on Aether and just get completely loving stomped

Actually thinking back Aether was a rouge planet which is a cool setting
drat also remembering the cool as heck concept art on the prime extras menu

frank.club fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 13, 2015

• Locked thread