Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
The new Raptor looks awesome, it's got just the right amount of style/flair that even the big FORD sprawled across the tailgate seems to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'm happy about the GTs performance and that it is going to be a product, but the styling really doesn't do it for me. Integrated exhaust looks bad, rest of car is super generic.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fucknag posted:

Mid engine v6 powered supercar for relatively cheap? Sounds like Ford is doing the NSX better than Honda it's doing the actual new one.

Also hot drat that's an awesome line-up from Ford. You guys remember 10-15 years ago when 500 hp was still a rare and expensive club? :allears:

ford is saying to expect "450-500hp" and more than 434ft/lbs of torque for the new raptor, too. There is a really god chance of a sub-5 second 0-60.

And that's the 3rd most interesting vehicle ford announced today.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Ford and Dodge are making it really loving hard to decide on what stupid car to buy to piss off my wife.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Meet the new NSX

http://www.acura.com/FutureVehiclesNSX.aspx

twin turbo V6, 2 electric motors.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I can't handle all these cool cars being announced. I just can't.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
It's funny how we now have two diametrically opposed models for how to run a domestic car brand now - Ford is absolutely killing right in making enthusiasts happy and, even though enthusiasts don't buy cars, they are loud in the press and on social media and are a core component of managing a brand's image through their enthusiasm. Cadillac wants to remove enthusiasts from its equation, but at that point, what would there be left to get excited about? Wood trim options?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Powershift posted:

ford is saying to expect "450-500hp" and more than 434ft/lbs of torque for the new raptor, too. There is a really god chance of a sub-5 second 0-60.

And that's the 3rd most interesting vehicle ford announced today.

You are killing me with that picture man. Where are the details on the Fiesta and Focus?

Edit: I get it, no PR yet, It's just torture to see the pic and have no info yet.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 12, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's just a focus ST and fiesta ST.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just noticed the ST badges too. When's the RS supposed to be revealed?

blk
Dec 19, 2009

The video at the bottom is well done, it's also almost an apology and acknowledgement of them loving up and losing their way after the great products they began with.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I thought the RS was bowing at the show? God drat it.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

mobby_6kl posted:

Just noticed the ST badges too. When's the RS supposed to be revealed?

dunno if this is legit or still rumors but http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a6342/2016-ford-focus-rs-first-details-exclusive-insider-info/

quote:

We've been hearing rumors that the U.S. will get a Ford Focus RS super-hatch for months. Now we have some exclusive info on what's coming. A Ford source has confirmed to Road & Track that the next-generation Focus RS is likely to come to North America in extremely limited numbers. Unlike its predecessor, it'll be AWD.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

blk posted:

The video at the bottom is well done, it's also almost an apology and acknowledgement of them loving up and losing their way after the great products they began with.

I saw nothing like that, I saw a bunch of fat-rear end SUVs and bodykitted Accords in their little flash lineup after they were out of the early 90s.

If Honda wants to start apologizing for losing their way they could start by not making cars anymore.

Cool looking car once you get over the headlights.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 12, 2015

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I hope the Honda team felt suitably :smith: when they saw that Ford GT.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Rhyno posted:

You are killing me with that picture man. Where are the details on the Fiesta and Focus?

Edit: I get it, no PR yet, It's just torture to see the pic and have no info yet.

I'd kill for either the Fiesta or Focus with AWD and that 3.5 TT V6 they're shoving into everything else

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

blk posted:

It's funny how we now have two diametrically opposed models for how to run a domestic car brand now - Ford is absolutely killing right in making enthusiasts happy and, even though enthusiasts don't buy cars, they are loud in the press and on social media and are a core component of managing a brand's image through their enthusiasm. Cadillac wants to remove enthusiasts from its equation, but at that point, what would there be left to get excited about? Wood trim options?

Are you basing this entirely on this monday morning's auto show and ignoring everything else chevy does? I mean wasn't it just two days ago we were looking at a possible mid-engine corvette mule? Does Cadillac really need to compete with Ford or should they be competing with Lincoln anyway? It's great that they have their -V models but I've never viewed it as an enthusiast brand to begin with.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

neckbeard posted:

I'd kill for a $50k Fiesta or $55k Focus.

:crossarms:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

2016 toyota tacoma is V6 only. Either the old 4.0 piece of poo poo, or a 3.5 liter direct injection atkinson cycle engine that's sure to put you to sleep, but at least it comes with a 6 speed stick.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

InitialDave posted:

I hope the Honda team felt suitably :smith: when they saw that Ford GT.

Why? They are different animals

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nodoze posted:

yeah. the acura NSX is a $150k mid engine twin turbo V6 supercar.

The ford GT might not be $150k

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Nodoze posted:

If only for the excitement, people are going to talk about the new GT constantly, I doubt the new NSX will get as much buzz.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Nodoze posted:

Are they? Mid-engined twin turbo V6es, probably in a similar price range, race in similar classes.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Twerk from Home posted:

Are they? Mid-engined twin turbo V6es, probably in a similar price range, race in similar classes.

No, they're completely different.

The NSX is a ~600hp twin turbo V6 mid engine supercar with a dual clutch transmission. It is a technology showcase made of aluminum, carbon fiber, and high strength steel.
The GT is supercar with dual clutch transmission and a mid mounted ~600hp V6 with two turbos. It is a showcase of technology made from carbon fiber, high strength steel, and aluminum.

Kinfolk Jones
Oct 31, 2010

Faaaaaaaaast

Rhyno posted:

I've heard that Ford isn't gonna show the RS until Geneva in March. I was definitely hoping for today, but Ford already brought it today.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
The problem with the nsx is that I feel like it's been a pending model for like 5 years. It's lost a lot of momentum in my mind.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They're also saying "north of 550hp" for all the motors combined, in a car with 3 electric motors which obviously weigh something. It could end up at 3600lbs+ in a field of cars weighing 3300 and 550hp in a field of cars with 650.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

neckbeard posted:

I'd kill for either the Fiesta or Focus with AWD and that 3.5 TT V6 they're shoving into everything else

Neither one of those cars make a bit of sense, I know this is AI, but Fiesta or Focus with that engine would make no sense at all.

blk posted:

I don't know what the sales numbers are, but the FiST and FoST sell really well, and people are gobbling up Mustangs as quick as they can. Here in Texas used Raptors go for crazy prices.

Caddy is turning it's brand around, but I think their pricing is a bit off (as do other folks as they just dropped 3K off MSRP on the CTS). They have a long way to go before people choose a Vsport over a comparable German car.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Rhyno posted:

That's how I feel. What Ford showed off is fantastic but I might actually buy the RS.

quote:

extremely limited numbers

Or maybe not :smith:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

skipdogg posted:

Caddy is turning it's brand around, but I think their pricing is a bit off (as do other folks as they just dropped 3K off MSRP on the CTS). They have a long way to go before people choose a Vsport over a comparable German car.

Which is especially funny since both the ats and CTS seem to be pretty widely regarded as better drivers cars than their competition.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Powershift posted:

Meet the new NSX

http://www.acura.com/FutureVehiclesNSX.aspx

twin turbo V6, 2 electric motors.

Heh, GTA5 was creepily prophetic on this thing considering there wasn't so much as a whisper about the real car when they were developing the game AFAIK.
http://gta.wikia.com/File:Jester-GTAV-frontquarter.jpg
Even the specs are pretty similar (except the Jester has AWD)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tommychu posted:

Heh, GTA5 was creepily prophetic on this thing considering there wasn't so much as a whisper about the real car when they were developing the game AFAIK.
http://gta.wikia.com/File:Jester-GTAV-frontquarter.jpg
Even the specs are pretty similar (except the Jester has AWD)

it looks more like the concept which has been dicking around since 2012

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Blah. The coolest thing about the NSX way back was that it was simpler and easier to run/drive than the opposition. This one, is just like all of it's competition. Boosted V6. Electric motors. Lots of automated gears. I can already hear all the marketing buzzwords. Because that's why this vehicle exists. Marketing. wooooooo.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

If the NSX as announced had launched 4-5 years ago it would have been pretty interesting and cutting edge, but now it's just another 'me-too' pseudo-super car in an overcrowded field.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I may sound like a luddite, but I'd love it if Honda would stop shoving this hybrid poo poo down our throats.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

At this point I think I'd feel a little bad for GM if they weren't a real life caricature of an evil corporation from a Verhoeven movie.

And Acura needs to just stop existing at this point.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I enjoyed C&D's concluding lines about the 350R

quote:

We continue to be amazed that, in this heavily regulated era, major automakers can keep cranking out these sorts of bonkers track machines. The fact that Ford can take a vehicle as extreme as the Shelby GT350 Mustang and make it even more insane, and then sell it in showrooms next to Fiestas and Fusions, points to a bright and glorious future for all of us.

:911:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SFH1989 posted:

That's how I feel. What Ford showed off is fantastic but I might actually buy the RS.

Or maybe not :smith:

Yeah, if it's limited I don't expect it to be the easiest car to buy.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

So Chevrolet has the Bolt and the Volt now, when do the Colt, Dolt and Molt launch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MrChips posted:

So Chevrolet has the Bolt and the Volt now, when do the Colt, Dolt and Molt launch?

If only Bolt and Volt were some how related words that somehow tied into the vehicle's they represent.

Bolt is still a stupid name for that car.