Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Smoking Crow posted:

Post cute ferrets please

Here's some greatest hits from the mustelid thread:

And here's a reaction jif you can use on tumblr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I refuse to believe (North American) possums are not cute, and here is my post as evidence

Back when our oldest kitty was just a goofy young kitten (and an outdoor cat) he herded a possum up on to our back porch with this look like "can I keep him?" He didn't have any interest in hurting or killing it, he just followed along behind it until it was on our porch. Once he became an indoor cat, he did something similar with a cricket: he put it in his mouth, ran up the stairs and let it hop back out into the kitchen.

For the heartwarming category, a few months ago we had a starving mother cat (who looked near death) and 3 kittens show up at our house. We gave one kitten away to a good home, but couldn't find anyone to take the rest and kind of fell in love. So now we have 4 cats total, including a now very well fed happy mother cat. :3: It's kind of like living in a house full of toddlers, but it's fun.

The house is nothing but cat toys and for some reason they love sleeping on this old brown packing paper we had laying around. Mom's the gray one.

This is the runt of the litter we've taken to calling Fuzzy Pete, taking over my dad's recliner.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Kimmalah posted:

The house is nothing but cat toys and for some reason they love sleeping on this old brown packing paper we had laying around. Mom's the gray one.

I have wall to wall cat toys. And a bunch of boxes stuff was shipped in at various times. Basically it's their house and they let me stay there. And I love it that way. :3:

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
My mom made me a calender of my doggies! I'll be postings pics each month! :neckbeard:

This is Alpha. Her nicknames are: Alph, Alphie, Alphie-bear, bear-dog, Schweinchen (I gave the dogs German nicknames when I was learning German, Alpha was named because she snuffles like a piggy. :3:), and Alpha-wolf.

She'll be twelve in July. My family got her from a shelter when I was ten years old.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Geolicious posted:

I have wall to wall cat toys. And a bunch of boxes stuff was shipped in at various times. Basically it's their house and they let me stay there. And I love it that way. :3:

During the summer the cats lived outside on our (covered) porch and the whole thing was just covered in toys. We took to calling it the kitty daycare. Since it got cold they moved inside and now our house is the daycare. It's really handy because the oldest cat is super picky about toys and food, so the other cats get all kinds of stuff he refuses to use. :v:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I dunno if it really fits here, but I wanted to share my good news. I've been overweight for years due to crappy eating, depression and general not moving around. In November, I decided I was sick and tired of being sick and tired, and so took to the gym and changed my diet. I weighed in today. I've lost 41 pounds. I'm not where I want to be yet, but just seeing the progress I've made in such a short time makes me feel amazing. :3: If any of you are struggling with getting into shape, please know that you can do it. We're all gonna make it.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Sociopastry posted:

I dunno if it really fits here, but I wanted to share my good news. I've been overweight for years due to crappy eating, depression and general not moving around. In November, I decided I was sick and tired of being sick and tired, and so took to the gym and changed my diet. I weighed in today. I've lost 41 pounds. I'm not where I want to be yet, but just seeing the progress I've made in such a short time makes me feel amazing. :3: If any of you are struggling with getting into shape, please know that you can do it. We're all gonna make it.

Pretty sure this belongs here, and also in the Incremental Improvements Thread in YLLS. Keep up the good work! :3:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Requesting cute skunks please

Mr Executive
Aug 27, 2006

chami posted:

Pretty sure this belongs here, and also in the Incremental Improvements Thread in YLLS. Keep up the good work! :3:

Yeah, but 40lbs in 2 months is no small success. That's a ridiculously huge success (unless you were like, 800lbs in November).

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Sociopastry posted:

In 3 more months if you keep this up you will have lost a fully grown Capybara :3:

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i45gF2DnanQ

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

Sociopastry posted:

Good job!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Kimmalah posted:

Back when our oldest kitty was just a goofy young kitten (and an outdoor cat) he herded a possum up on to our back porch with this look like "can I keep him?" He didn't have any interest in hurting or killing it, he just followed along behind it until it was on our porch. Once he became an indoor cat, he did something similar with a cricket: he put it in his mouth, ran up the stairs and let it hop back out into the kitchen.

Back when I first met my now-ex-wife, her family had an outdoor cat that they'd put food and water out for. I quickly noticed that the cat had a possum buddy that would share the food and just like, hang out with it at night. :3:

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Volume posted:

Requesting cute skunks please

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Sociopastry posted:

Hell yeah this belongs here! Great job!

Eat less like these guys

And more like these guys!

And move around like these guys

And anyone can see the same results!

blunt for century has a new favorite as of 00:51 on Jan 13, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure that must have required some sort of black magic.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I want to see a video where right after that picture was taken, they dropped a carrot in the middle of the stairs.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Thanks guys! I feel much better about things in general, now, too. The exercise in combination with medication is really helping my depression.

On another happy note, today I saw a person with a big poofy dog (malamute?) and a chihuahua and they were dog buddies.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Thank you guys for the skunk pics and vid. Made my day

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Did you know that capys can be used as battle steeds for monkeys?

Just gotta make sure you keep your steed in good working condition between battles by giving it a thorough checkup

:kimchi:

(pictures shamelessly stolen from lumpycnt in the funny pictures thread)

Capy's come in weird shapes sometimes

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

goatface posted:

Pretty sure that must have required some sort of black magic.

Maybe they started with like 3 times as many and that's all that's left as the rest are all runnin around like idiots.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I can hear little "sqoink sqoink sqoink!" noises in my head :3:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ice Ice Bacon.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The Fast and the Furious: Porkyo Drift

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Lmao! Nice

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

I laughed so hard my abs hurt.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
I'll raise your giant rodents with a tiny elephant!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUQGBvgLsj4

everything except the Hyrax belongs in A/U/G. Do operas sound this bad in Italian?

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

Sociopastry posted:

That's great. Congratulations, and please don't give up, you're doing so well so far!

To contribute, people saving people and a couple of animals :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_SmPqd6zgs

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Pilli posted:

That's great. Congratulations, and please don't give up, you're doing so well so far!

To contribute, people saving people and a couple of animals :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_SmPqd6zgs

I made it as far as the dog rescuing the kid before I lost it. :3:

Birb Katter has a new favorite as of 23:19 on Jan 13, 2015

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Here's a Vine of a happy lamb on a tile floor.

https://vine.co/v/Mlriw1VJeDn

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Aw man, you know your attempt at a dumb pun has gone badly wrong when it leads to people being mean to you in the cute thread. :smith:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

IMJack posted:

Here's a Vine of a happy lamb on a tile floor.

https://vine.co/v/Mlriw1VJeDn
I knew exactly what this was gonna be before I clicked. Was not disappointed. :3:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Aw man, you know your attempt at a dumb pun has gone badly wrong when it leads to people being mean to you in the cute thread. :smith:
The pun where you got 2 compliments and no harsh words of any sort?

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Not sure if this is uplifting, but it's pretty unique.

A mole flees flooded territory in search of dry ground

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I never realized moles could book it like that.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

davidspackage posted:

Not sure if this is uplifting, but it's pretty unique.

A mole flees flooded territory in search of dry ground

Poor thing :(

I hope he found a new place to make home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Garrand posted:

Poor thing :(

I hope he found a new place to make home.

He probably moved in with his friend Toad for a while until things calmed down.

• Locked thread