Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Kegslayer posted:

I thought they were only from Premium contracts but I have no idea.

Yeah, that's the thing. The contract icon is gold, and when you inspect the "how to get" it shows premium contracts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
I've seen people in the global chat get contract-only heroes from the class-specific contracts.

-----

Finally leveled a warrior to rank up and got.. Monte Proto :smith:
Luckily, I farmed 2 more rank-3 warriors from 4-9 normal so I'm going to hope for the best tomorrow If I have enough honor by then.

The cool thing about this game is you can have a lot of effective team compositions, and getting heroes to rank-4 isn't so hard once you hit lv.20 and up. I just wish there were more heroes to choose from.

burntpork fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 12, 2015

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Thanks for the heads up. I might do I Premium and one Hunter, I want Sneak really bad.

My first 4* Warrior was Monte Proto, and I thought he was cool until I tried using him a little later in the game. Terrible HP, terrible survivability. I guess the good news is we all have Leon and he's a monster.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Vincent Valentine posted:

Are you suggesting foregoing a healer entirely?

I've got a 4* archon and a 4* cain, but I'm not sure I can get them leveled enough(bread is the big bottleneck at this point) to survive without a healer by the time the dungeon goes away. I'm probably just going to have to go for it the next time it comes in rotation :smith:

I think I've repeated this like a broken record but 1-4 or 1-5 normal for 1 stam, till you run into popo then buy christmas bread off her, quickest way to stockpile bread. We also don't know how longer its going to be available for so get it while you can.

In regards to 20f, I used to skip a healer but now that I have a Alexander and Nightingale I take them both just to be safe. First week I rang a 6* Gipang + 2 elves and blew them up or got blown up. I don't think it'll be doable with 4* star guys, they do quite a bit of damage. Maybe Christmas dudes can with Sera?

ellic
Apr 28, 2009

I never asked for this

Grimey Drawer
In as Dunks. I joined the Line app but under my SA name as it was already taken in-game. Also did anyone ever make a google sheet with all the friend names so we can make a solid starting list of friends?

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
I'm beginning to see the bullshit of this game; 2nd warrior, 2nd Monte Proto. Now I have to wait to gain another 460 honor pts.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

burntpork posted:

I'm beginning to see the bullshit of this game; 2nd warrior, 2nd Monte Proto. Now I have to wait to gain another 460 honor pts.

That's rough buddy. Just stick with Leon unless you're trying to get a double Warrior team. He's busted.

Edit: Adding people from the thread. Obviously in as Zodack, will add anyone who requests.

Zodack fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jan 12, 2015

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Don't know if I did this earlier, but I'm in as DizzSA. Add me if you want I always give Honor when i loving remember to.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Kegslayer posted:

I've been trying to farm better weapons from the world boss but I'm starting to encounter this bug where I beat the boss but the victory screen doesn't show up and everyone just walks off screen before the game freezes. Has anybody else encountered this and is there a fix? Its happened like 5 to 6 times now.

Happened to me as well, on my first and only attempt. No idea about a fix but you're not alone at least.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Surprised there isn't a name list yet, so here's one where you add yourself to.

I'm in as Vhalyar.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Nice! I went through the thread, and added everyone I could find to it. While I was doing that, someone came along, and marked three people as full.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Nice! I went through the thread, and added everyone I could find to it. While I was doing that, someone came along, and marked three people as full.

That was me. I started adding all the people you wrote in and 3 of them produced the "this person's friend list is full" message :(

ldragon
Feb 18, 2011
I've been playing this off and on for a bit. If you luck out and get sneak like I did, he is a dps monster who pretty much wins all my arena fights by himself (as long as he isn't stunlocked). Also the 2nd level of smile of the goddess is really silly with its +200 armor and resistance buff.

In as Ganota.

ldragon fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jan 12, 2015

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Oh, if someone is actually going to collect goon names, I'll kick all these pubbies off my friends list and add you guys instead. I think I'm on there already, but I'm in as Sawful, add me if you want honor or a 6* Sasquatch bro.

I need a better way to make gold. Mostly I've been selling gems for it, but gold has been by far the most difficult currency to come by. So many dudes to promote... :sigh:

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Someone Awful! posted:

Oh, if someone is actually going to collect goon names, I'll kick all these pubbies off my friends list and add you guys instead. I think I'm on there already, but I'm in as Sawful, add me if you want honor or a 6* Sasquatch bro.

I need a better way to make gold. Mostly I've been selling gems for it, but gold has been by far the most difficult currency to come by. So many dudes to promote... :sigh:

I think the general consensus is to either run 1-4 normal or 1-6 hard. You get about 200 to 400 gold for 1 meat, the chance to capture a unit and the chance to meet Popo for the delicious Christmas bread. You're better off running the quests for xp and honour and then using your gems to refresh your meat.

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug
Added myself to the list: Sionnach.

Something strange about my friendlist, or perhaps just coincidence: every SA person is at the bottom of the list with no interruptions from non-SA folk.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
After trying to get Dorothy all last week, D'arta dropped on the first run, praise RNG.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dunno who, but someone added Wassbix to the list, when I had already added them. Maybe we need to sort it in alphabetical order of Forum Name?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Kheldarn posted:

Dunno who, but someone added Wassbix to the list, when I had already added them. Maybe we need to sort it in alphabetical order of Forum Name?

It was me, I wasn't paying attention and just wrote my name down.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Wassbix posted:

It was me, I wasn't paying attention and just wrote my name down.

Yeah, I was thinking it might be something like that. It's easy to spot now, but later... maybe not so much... :)

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

burntpork posted:

I got 5 Susanos trying to get Joan. It's pretty depressing but once you get gold+ in arena honor stops being a bottleneck. you'll end up with like 10k+ with no where to spend it on. Wish you could sell it for gold or something more useful than 2-4 star* pulls.

Early on Ancient dungeon gives a decent chunk of honor 50 per 3 keys I think?

Edit:

What's this rare weapon event thing?

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 12, 2015

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I deleted the game for a while because it was constantly crashing on me and reinstalled it under a new name (Glaucu). My first pull this time around was Stunning Yeowoodong so I have her set as my leader for people to use. However, I'm still having the crashing issue and I still can't connect it to Facebook to save my account data. (The game opens the Facebook app and nothing happens.) I already have the frame rate turned down but is there anything that I can do to fix the constant crashes/not connecting? I just updated it, I have plenty of room on my phone, and it seems like everyone else is able to run it just fine. Help? :(

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
It seems like if you try to play on iOS at all, the game hates you and crashes repeatedly at a number of different places - when entering a level, when leaving the victory screen, when leaving the loot screen, when going back to town, in the middle of battle, etc etc etc. Don't even think about p2p if you're using an iOS device; it is really that bad.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Playing on my iPhone 5, I mainly get issues when connected to 3G or a finicky connection. Otherwise it's probably one or two crashes out of five sessions a day. Which is still way more than it ought to be :(

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
Yeah, i'm on an iPhone 6 here, mostly connected to wi-fi - the game seems to drop connection pretty much anytime I switch out of the app, even if the connection itself is rock-solid. Most of the time it recovers, sometimes it does crazy junk like telling me i'm signed in/out on a nonexistent other device and then deletes my local save. That said, the only time i've run into regular crashes or freezes is doing the world bosses, otherwise probably 95% or more of my other quests run fine.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

:woop:

:woop:

Finally got her despite getting Leon yesterday. Also got a 5*gun to drop earlier today too.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Wassbix posted:

I think I've repeated this like a broken record but 1-4 or 1-5 normal for 1 stam, till you run into popo then buy christmas bread off her, quickest way to stockpile bread. We also don't know how longer its going to be available for so get it while you can.

In regards to 20f, I used to skip a healer but now that I have a Alexander and Nightingale I take them both just to be safe. First week I rang a 6* Gipang + 2 elves and blew them up or got blown up. I don't think it'll be doable with 4* star guys, they do quite a bit of damage. Maybe Christmas dudes can with Sera?

I've been checking Popo for bread any time she's up, but honestly waiting for her to leave is the big problem with that strategy. It really doesn't take long at all for her to show up, and unless I set an alarm to go off every 20 minutes and do the stage to make her show up, then wait for her to leave, it doesn't really work out too well.

I agree that Popo's christmas bread is really great, but in practice it doesn't really work too well unless you don't actually want to play the game.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Vincent Valentine posted:

I've been checking Popo for bread any time she's up, but honestly waiting for her to leave is the big problem with that strategy. It really doesn't take long at all for her to show up, and unless I set an alarm to go off every 20 minutes and do the stage to make her show up, then wait for her to leave, it doesn't really work out too well.

I agree that Popo's christmas bread is really great, but in practice it doesn't really work too well unless you don't actually want to play the game.

I've been just doing Arena or Running the Hard repeatable quest till she leaves. When you meet her in Harder difficult her pool of item seems much higher so less likely to carry Christmas cakes.

Also in room 8008 if anyone wants to do the world boss tier 2 (I can solo it so you can bring it anything you want)

Edit: I'm just sitting in the room while I wait for popo to reset so feel free to hop in if you need weapons.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jan 13, 2015

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

BF 20 is annoying. I can usually do it with Santa, green elf and Rudolf but sometimes they burst down someone before I can get things going :mad:

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Wassbix posted:

I got 5 Susanos trying to get Joan. It's pretty depressing but once you get gold+ in arena honor stops being a bottleneck. you'll end up with like 10k+ with no where to spend it on. Wish you could sell it for gold or something more useful than 2-4 star* pulls.

Early on Ancient dungeon gives a decent chunk of honor 50 per 3 keys I think?

Edit:

What's this rare weapon event thing?

Trying to get Joan for the advanced skill or just to have her? Susanoo is better, of course, but yeah having five would be a big pain.

The event afaik increases weapon drop rates from the world boss.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Thanks for this. Went through through the list adding as many as possible. I've only been playing a handful of days, so feel free to ignore me if I'm too noobish.

So far I've only really been focussing on progression, and on getting the team I started with to 4*. It seems I might have made a mistake in swapping out Leon for the 3* paladin I got from my free premium summon. It turns out that Leon's quite good and I should probably catch him up?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Was reading a Naver (korean google) chat on Arena tierlists and thought I'd copy it over here

S+
Alexander

Almost every team, that's not going full retard glass cannon build, will have Alex. He gets his own tier because of how ubiquitous and vital he is to making an Arena team. Alex has huge HP pool and along with his passive prevents your DPS from being taken out. Ran pure defensively, with much damage mitigation you can shove on him. Biggest thing about Alex is that he will eat all the stuns and knock backs for the allies he is shielding as well, guaranteeing that your dps hits wont get interrupted.

S
Archon
No.9
Kriemhild
Susano
Lilith
Nightingale
Dorothy
D'arta
Hikari

This tier is mostly your big dps leader. The most common theme about this tier is that they hit multiple targets and uses blocks efficiently. Usually a good team will have one of the above in leader position + Alex. They are generally reliable and ends the match once they get going. Nightingale gets a spot here due to how well she works with Alex and is considered the only actual viable healer in the Arena.

A
Joan
Leon
Sneak
Maria
Cain
Gipang
Mew
Robin
Maxi

This tier is mostly supports to feed SP or blocks to your leader, or they are characters that has potential but not the reliability of the S tier dps.

edit: Note this is pure individual character assessment, top teams aren't going to be just top tiers shoved in all together.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jan 13, 2015

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
I'd love to get Alexander but I'm having a hell of a time getting through world 3 on hard

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
So I did a World Boss 2 and got really unlucky and 2/3 of my team ate it, shortly followed by my third character.

The other guy I was with solo'ed the entire thing from 100k to 0.

At the loot screen it said I was MVP with 148k damage done and I got 2 wizard weapons and he got nothing. Is this a glitch? Or did he disconnect and his team solo'ed the boss and I reaped the rewards.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

m.hache posted:

So I did a World Boss 2 and got really unlucky and 2/3 of my team ate it, shortly followed by my third character.

At the loot screen it said I was MVP with 148k damage done and I got 2 wizard weapons and he got nothing. Is this a glitch? Or did he disconnect and his team solo'ed the boss and I reaped the rewards.

I just did World Boss 1, got it to half and my entire team wiped. I was really shocked because my partner was only using 4* heroes, until I realized he was doing no damage to Magnax and could take no damage. So I had to just leave and lose 10 meat. World bosses can get buggy as hell.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

m.hache posted:

Yeah, I noticed this bug, where a guy with a 3* star team came into World Boss tier 3 and somehow got MVP. The screen was saying I did zero damage, despite me having the solo the boss. It's sorta confusing.

Edit: If anyone needs help with T2 or T3 WB ill be sitting in chan 8008 just ask.

dang just got the 6* gun, 3 attack conversions too

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 14, 2015

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Wassbix posted:

Yeah, I noticed this bug, where a guy with a 3* star team came into World Boss tier 3 and somehow got MVP. The screen was saying I did zero damage, despite me having the solo the boss. It's sorta confusing.

Edit: If anyone needs help with T2 or T3 WB ill be sitting in chan 8008 just ask.

dang just got the 6* gun, 3 attack conversions too

I'm up for that if you don't mind. Unless you're iOS. We don't share servers iirc.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Zodack posted:

I'm up for that if you don't mind. Unless you're iOS. We don't share servers iirc.

He's Android. I just did 2 runs with him and got a 4* healer weapon with twice as much damage as my previous best healer weapon. I'm satisfied, hell yeah. :black101:

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Zodack posted:

I feel like I'm only iOS user in the thread on who is grinds the world boss. :(

At times I wonder why I'm still grind the World Boss, mostly because I finally got the 6* staff I wanted (with 3 more 6* healer weapons :sigh:)

I got pretty lucky last night and got a decent 5* gun:

Also got very lucky with the convert stats apparently, which makes me question why I'm still grinding the world boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Majinfefnir13 posted:

I feel like I'm only iOS user in the thread on who is grinds the world boss. :(

At times I wonder why I'm still grind the World Boss, mostly because I finally got the 6* staff I wanted (with 3 more 6* healer weapons :sigh:)

I got pretty lucky last night and got a decent 5* gun:

Also got very lucky with the convert stats apparently, which makes me question why I'm still grinding the world boss.

The 6* gun also has 3 attack conversions. Same with the staff.

• Locked thread