Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That Hulkbuster vs Hulk fight is going to be the poo poo though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Who is the black woman at about 33 secs in?

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Hakkesshu posted:

Who is the black woman at about 33 secs in?

Marvel bought back the rights to just Storm from Fox so they could make her Black Panther's wife obviously...

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A few have suggested that she's Black Panther's sister.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Oh, I see. All black people have to be related, right? :rolleye:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I figured it might be Shuri, but it's strange how there haven't been any casting announcements and then they just drop it in such a weirdly edited trailer.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
It looks like there is a flashback to Black Widow's early days. And judging by that scene involved a syringe, could they be introducing that she's older than she looks?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

GLOSS posted:

And here's the new Avengers 2 trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZoO8QVMxkk

I'm as excited for Avengers 2 as anyone but this trailer really underwhelmed me. It felt like 2 minutes of nothing. Between this and the Ant Man trailer Marvel seems to be off their trailer-game.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

mikeraskol posted:

I'm as excited for Avengers 2 as anyone but this trailer really underwhelmed me. It felt like 2 minutes of nothing. Between this and the Ant Man trailer Marvel seems to be off their trailer-game.

They're trying go ape the DARK and GRITTY stuff that DC obviously does better and it's not working.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Haha I think Marvel knows how to market thier movies guys.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Last I heard the Ant-Man trailer surpassed the Guardians trailer for total views, I'd say the trailers are fine.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Avengers 2 is going to destroy the MCU because Marvel can't make good movies like DC,.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

The reason the trailer isn't getting you pumped is because they're using the creepy pinocchio music again. Why are they still doing that? We get it. He's a real boy. You can put in some exciting music now to get me excited please.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lurdiak posted:

Avengers 2 is going to destroy the MCU because Marvel can't make good movies like DC,.

:allears:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

zoux posted:

No, marvel's empire is now crumbling because of two trailers
:goonsay:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

zoux posted:

No doubt. The last two trailers just felt kind of wonky to me compared to the trailers for everything else prior.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

mikeraskol posted:

Agreed. Especially as it didn't show that much new stuff. I mean, Ultrons climbing up cliffs, Hulkbuster, Scarlet Witch blasting a wall Iron Man I never caught that, James Spader having a cool creepy voice while dragging around his broken-down body, these are all neat things but they're all things we've seen. New things in the trailer are incredibly sparse and mostly unexciting. Except for Ultron shooting lasers at the end, wish we coulda gotten more of that action.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed with the trailer. Really nothing new and it isn't as memorable as the first one with creepy Spader giving the "no strings on me" speech. But I do appreciate them not giving too much away since it's still 4 months out.

But I really wanted to see a good shot of the Vision or something that would make this stand out.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the movie regardless!

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I for one like that they're holding back a lot of this stuff. No one doubts that this will be a mega blockbuster and that we're gonna see some seriously crazy poo poo. I'd love to be surprised by characters showing up who aren't in the trailers. Plot twists too. Age of Ultron doesn't really NEED much advertising.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed with the trailer. Really nothing new and it isn't as memorable as the first one with creepy Spader giving the "no strings on me" speech. But I do appreciate them not giving too much away since it's still 4 months out.

But I really wanted to see a good shot of the Vision or something that would make this stand out.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the movie regardless!

They should have had his "in the flesh" line be the one to punctuate the trailer imo

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I dunno.

The trailer seems exactly like the trailers for the first one. There's the opening 5 minute action scene, a lot of standing around arguing (they're not a team, they're a timebomb), a scene where Hulk gets brainwashed to attack the rest of the team and then the finale which will be a large CGI army fighting the Avengers but none of the CGI is ready so it's a lot of people looking off camera with some practical explosions around.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ignite Memories posted:

The reason the trailer isn't getting you pumped is because they're using the creepy pinocchio music again. Why are they still doing that? We get it. He's a real boy. You can put in some exciting music now to get me excited please.

Pretty much ANY music works better. :buddy:

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I like the continued use of the pinocchio music, it makes a nice change to the generic action movie traier THOOM THOOM that's been popular since Inception.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Starsnostars posted:

I like the continued use of the pinocchio music, it makes a nice change to the generic action movie traier THOOM THOOM that's been popular since Inception.

Yeah, me too. And it's actually thematically linked to the content of the movie, and it's a pretty recognizable song. People complaining about it are weird.

achillesforever6 posted:

It looks like there is a flashback to Black Widow's early days. And judging by that scene involved a syringe, could they be introducing that she's older than she looks?

What, is she using Botox?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My problem with the new Avengers 2 trailer is that its pretty much all the same material as the last trailer. Or at least different parts of the same scenes. If they aren't really prepared to show anything new why bother?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Grendels Dad posted:

What, is she using Botox?
I know this is probably :thejoke:

But I meant if they are introducing the serum in the comics that was used on her to slow her aging

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

My problem with the new Avengers 2 trailer is that its pretty much all the same material as the last trailer. Or at least different parts of the same scenes. If they aren't really prepared to show anything new why bother?

Let's not forget that trailers are still commercials.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

achillesforever6 posted:

I get the impression that Wanda is messing with everyone's minds and giving them hosed up visions of their past or possible futures so there's no guarantee any of that stuff is real

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

zoux posted:

Let's not forget that trailers are still commercials.

Just because something is popular doesn't mean people can't be unimpressed about it. Of course anything Marvel is going to be popular.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

Just because something is popular doesn't mean people can't be unimpressed about it. Of course anything Marvel is going to be popular.

Not the comics!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Waterhaul posted:

he was answering the question "why even do it if you're not going to show new stuff". Because people will watch it and get hyped for your movie.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

If they aren't really prepared to show anything new why bother?

Waterhaul posted:

That was posted in response to someone saying "why bother releasing this if there isn't anything new to show" which to me is like asking, "why does McDonald's bother advertising their chicken sandwich? We all know they sell chicken sandwiches already". It wasn't saying "I'm unimpressed" "no but look at these views!"

Even if some people were unimpressed, there are 50,000 thumbs up there and a lot of forwarding to friends/family on facebook. That's why Marvel did it, to keep it in the public eye, not to reveal all of the new scenes so nerds can stitch together the plot even further. It gets them a fresh round of buzz.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Well yeah everybody knows that but there is the possibility of re-using the same stuff or cutting a bad trailer and people becoming disinterested in a film because of it.

Like the main point is that regardless of the conversation everyone is smart enough to know that Marvel films are ridiculously popular right now.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well that's why they are cutting just a handful of trailers rather than one every week. There are certainly diminishing returns on trailers.

I know we've pretty much guessed this but what's that around Andy Serkis' neck here hmmmmm?

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jan 13, 2015

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Waterhaul posted:

Marvel.

But Punisher films aren't profitable so they haven't any plans to make one.

Does that mean they can use Punisher for the Netflix DD series? I'm hoping for a decent, fairly faithful adaptation of the Miller run (with Bullseye, Punisher, Kingpin, Elektra and leaving out the ninja bullshit) and then maybe a take on the Bendis/Brubaker runs if the series gets renewed.

It'd be hard to do all that without Punisher though.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

BiggerBoat posted:

Does that mean they can use Punisher for the Netflix DD series? I'm hoping for a decent, fairly faithful adaptation of the Miller run (with Bullseye, Punisher, Kingpin, Elektra and leaving out the ninja bullshit) and then maybe a take on the Bendis/Brubaker runs if the series gets renewed.

It'd be hard to do all that without Punisher though.

They can use Punisher for TV, I'd say we won't likely see him until the second seasons of the Netflix stuff though

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think a lot of it is going to depend on how well the Netflix shows do, but if they go gang busters then I'd expect Marvel to greenlight more street-level shows. And since I think every single Netflix series has gotten at least a second season, I think the odds are good that that will happen.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

zoux posted:

I think a lot of it is going to depend on how well the Netflix shows do, but if they go gang busters then I'd expect Marvel to greenlight more street-level shows. And since I think every single Netflix series has gotten at least a second season, I think the odds are good that that will happen.

I didn't think those were meant to get second seasons, I thought they were basically miniseries with a potential crossover event movie at the end.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

theironjef posted:

I didn't think those were meant to get second seasons, I thought they were basically miniseries with a potential crossover event movie at the end.

You mean announced crossover movie at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

theironjef posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure they haven't confirmed any second seasons yet. Doesn't mean it can't happen later on if they're super successful I guess

• Locked thread