Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
strongest z fighter
This poll is closed.
goku 71 18.39%
vegeta 43 11.14%
gohan 37 9.59%
hercule 235 60.88%
Total: 386 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

it's actually really good

Are you gonna put the best song in the OP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcL3kAtbcYE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going to link the entire 4kids vocal soundtrack

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the first part of yugioh 5ds is legitimately a good show, with decent writing and everything

then it completely shits the bed but still

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's got an amazing finale though.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i uhh enjoyed yugioh abridged as a teen

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

We talk about Yugioh in the Card Battle Anime thread. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3539658

Arc-V is good, it's like a crossover of past series elements. Watch it if you enjoy that kinda thing. :)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah, fair enough.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I never watched yugioh before, I guess I better start now

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Beef Waifu posted:

Ah, fair enough.

Make the thread.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Davincie posted:

i uhh enjoyed yugioh abridged as a teen

dbz abridged is still funny

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Devil Tesla posted:

Make the thread.

i'm gonna do it

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

someone (not me) should make a Pokemon anime thread,

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

mabels big day posted:

someone (not me) should make a Pokemon anime thread,

Making threads is easy and you should just make one if you want it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Be the change you want to see

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010
is this an accurate representation of the yu gi oh timeline

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

there should be a toilet at the bottom

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Zandracon posted:

Could be. However, I haven't put any thought into it. Yugioh isn't a thinking anime, it's a hammy hot-blooded cheese anime.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Why does the new series have scouters and AIs

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Yugioh was alright, but did it pick up again after the Egyptian Gods arc?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
As a child I read and was disturbed by the story of a psychopathic spirit possessing a young boy and brutally killing those who crossed him through the use of sadistic games and quickly stopped reading it. Several years later I encountered it again, only now it was all about card games, friendship and ancient Egypt. Now I find out that the series has developed divergent timelines, something called a 'riding wheel' and card dueling academies. I'm scared of what I'll find out when it crosses my path again in another few years.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Beef Waifu please include the timeline along with a lengthy essay explaining it in the OP of your Yugioh thread

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zandracon posted:

No. There is no Yugioh timeline.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

As a child I read and was disturbed by the story of a psychopathic spirit possessing a young boy and brutally killing those who crossed him through the use of sadistic games and quickly stopped reading it.

The first few volumes of the Yugioh manga were the best. I kinda wish it hadn't gone the way it did and had stuck with the original premise. Tho that would probably end up a net loss, not having the fantastic 4kis dub of the anime.

Kweh
Jul 20, 2006

ROYAL
STRAIGHT
FLUSH
its time to talk about some fuckin anime

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

He's the king of games

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Beef Waifu posted:

it's actually really good

The worst thing YuGiOh ever did was inflict loving YuGiOh players upon the world. Bunch of nasty little thieving mutants with knives.

A true anecdote about YuGiOh tournaments and the kinds of people that go to them: In the tournament guidelines for a high level Magic tournament run in a store, WotC suggests setting aside an extra employee or two or a couple judges, just to keep an eye out for theft and make sure nothing bad happens. In the guidelines for an equivalent-level YGO tournament, Konami recommends you get private security or off-duty cops, and they'll reimburse you for it.

YuGiOh (the game)'s target audience is also theoretically 12-16 year old kids, for reference.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Literally The Worst posted:

The worst thing YuGiOh ever did was inflict loving YuGiOh players upon the world. Bunch of nasty little thieving mutants with knives.

A true anecdote about YuGiOh tournaments and the kinds of people that go to them: In the tournament guidelines for a high level Magic tournament run in a store, WotC suggests setting aside an extra employee or two or a couple judges, just to keep an eye out for theft and make sure nothing bad happens. In the guidelines for an equivalent-level YGO tournament, Konami recommends you get private security or off-duty cops, and they'll reimburse you for it.

YuGiOh (the game)'s target audience is also theoretically 12-16 year old kids, for reference.

In a Pokemon tournament you have the shopkeepers, and then that one guy that passed the test required to become a judge. (I was one question away :argh:)

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

If the test wasn't just before they updated it and didn't have questions on terminology from before the major series rotation that phased out all the old mechanics and replaced and combined them into new ones, sometimes with the same names no less, I would've passed with flying colors.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

there should be a toilet at the bottom

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Frankie is cool

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Frankie is cool
he has the best fight in that arc

except for sanji's fight

and luffy's fight

poo poo cp9 had a lot of cool fights actually

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The fight between Usopp and Luffy was pretty sad...Would been really hosed up if he left the group for good. :whitewater:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The fight between Usopp and Luffy was pretty sad...Would been really hosed up if he left the group for good. :whitewater:
ussop left wtf

sogeking has many similarities, but he is not ussop

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
In mysterious yet good news, Golden Boy is coming to Crunchyroll tonight, both subs and dubs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHmBSfci0yE

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

everythingWasBees posted:

In a Pokemon tournament you have the shopkeepers, and then that one guy that passed the test required to become a judge. (I was one question away :argh:)

the official Pokemon tournament guidelines have my favorite rule that had to be written down at some point, and I have never seen it in another set of guidelines for any other game

"Players must maintain a socially acceptable level of hygiene at all times"

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Literally The Worst posted:

the official Pokemon tournament guidelines have my favorite rule that had to be written down at some point, and I have never seen it in another set of guidelines for any other game

"Players must maintain a socially acceptable level of hygiene at all times"

The official rules at Otakon have a lot of stuff like this, and I'm sure that other cons have them too.

"Don't harass, follow or touch the maids at the maid cafe"

"Don't ask panel guests for their hands in marriage"

"No Yaoi/Yuri paddles"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The hotel/convention center I used to work for would require that all Congoers at Katsucon needed to bathe once a day, have at least 4 hours of sleep and get a regular meal in.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The Monkey Man posted:

The official rules at Otakon have a lot of stuff like this, and I'm sure that other cons have them too.

"Don't harass, follow or touch the maids at the maid cafe"

"Don't ask panel guests for their hands in marriage"

"No Yaoi/Yuri paddles"

Yeah cons do that poo poo on the reg, I'm talking about just a tournament for a trading card game. I spent two years lobbying to add that to the list of store rules.

The point is though, YGO players are the loving worst and if all YGO cards and their owners spontaneously caught fire, I'd be a happy man.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Monkey Man posted:

"No Yaoi/Yuri paddles"

What does this even mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The Monkey Man posted:

"No Yaoi/Yuri paddles"

I've just been triggered.:qq:

Conventions have always been poo poo, but man they used to be so much worse.

• Locked thread