Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

pillsburysoldier posted:

"Sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way" - A QB whose team got 9 turnovers in their favor in the playoff

Still salty about losing by 39 to a team that "got exposed?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Pakled posted:

Here's ESPN's way too early preseason rankings.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12138345/tcu-leads-2015-way-too-early-top-25-rankings

Commence the incessant bickering.
I'm not replacing the one I found originally, this is even worse

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

il serpente cosmico posted:

I am. I didn't even watch this championship game. I'm a sore loser.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

JT Jag posted:

I'm not replacing the one I found originally, this is even worse
Here's the Official TFF Top 124.

1. North Dakota State
2-14. The MAC
15. Mike Leach
16-20. Option Football
21-123. Garbage Teams Nobody Cares About
124. Notre Dame

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

1. North Dakota State
2-14. The MAC
15. Mike Leach
16-20. Option Football
124. Notre Dame
This is solid though

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

il serpente cosmico posted:

Its funny cause everyone knew florida state sucked, oregon legitimately thinks they are good every year when they thrash wsu for 60 points or portland state for 120 points and 7000 yards. Guess you can keep yelling O for all those natties.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Ohio State's gotta get on NDSU's level.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

I got a question to the Shutdown Fullcast (I am at 31m and I'm @CMSoverATLAS aka Ryan Carroll).

Listening to this podcast after the loss has taken so much sting off this loss.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

1. North Dakota State
2-14. The MAC
15. Mike Leach
16-20. Option Football
124. Notre Dame

Kansas #21, bitches.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Ohio State winning confirms my suspicion that there were no good college football teams this year.

But golly, they had two bulldozers playing for them tonight.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Can you taste the inevitability of a Gary Patterson defense strangling the life out of Ohio State while Trevone Boykin puts up Trevone Boykin numbers on OSU?

Goodbye football, see you in eight months. May we all live through stupid bickering and painfully empty months without footbaw.

Trevone Boykin isn't graduating yet? I feel like he's been there for 8 years.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

1. North Dakota State
2-14. The MAC
15. Mike Leach
16-20. Option Football
124. Notre Dame

looks good to me

Butthead
May 31, 2011
Is Alabama still good enough to beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Butthead posted:

Is Alabama still good enough to beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers?
Is the game at Bryant-Denny?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Pakled posted:

Here's ESPN's way too early preseason rankings.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12138345/tcu-leads-2015-way-too-early-top-25-rankings

Commence the incessant bickering.

go trojans

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Is the game at Bryant-Denny?

Some neutral site. let's say Jacksonville, Florida.

Chiken n' Waffles
Mar 11, 2001

1. North Dakota State
2-14. The MAC
15. Mike Leach
16-20. Option Football
124. Notre Dame
Last. Ohio State

Accurate.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Maxwells Demon posted:

Some neutral site. let's say Jacksonville, Florida.
Away: Alabama loses by like 100
Neutral: Alabama loses by like 70
Home: Alabama loses by like 30, keeps it close for a quarter

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

1. North Dakota State
2-14. The MAC
15. Mike Leach
16-20. Option Football
124. Notre Dame

I am okay with this.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
realtalk if wazzu were ever ranked as high as #15 again in my lifetime i might blow my brains out in happiness because it's all downhill from there

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't know why Oregon wanted to be the early 90s Buffalo Bills of college football but I guess someone had to?

Way to be gifted a NC with the opposing team starting their third string quarterback, have a once every 5 years caliber quarterback at the helm, and STILL gently caress it up.

That's incredibly pathetic.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

Maxwells Demon posted:

I got a question to the Shutdown Fullcast (I am at 31m and I'm @CMSoverATLAS aka Ryan Carroll).

Listening to this podcast after the loss has taken so much sting off this loss.

I'm so glad you mentioned this, I didn't know they had put one out today and these andrew luck impersonations are equally terrible and hysterical

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
everyone get on the unlv bandwagon now before we embarrass michigan

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Lessail posted:

everyone get on the unlv bandwagon now before we embarrass michigan
Jim Harbaugh will tweet this out after the game.

quote:

Out, damned spot! Out, I say!—One, two. Why, then, ’tis time to do ’t. Hell is murky!—Fie, my lord, fie! A coach, and afeard? What need we fear who knows it, when none can call our power to account?—Yet who would have thought the old man to have had so much blood in him.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

1. North Dakota State
2-14. The MAC
15. Mike Leach
16-20. Option Football
124. Notre Dame

This Top 124 is missing Bob Stitt and his magical unicorn offense. :colbert:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Can you taste the inevitability of a Gary Patterson defense strangling the life out of Ohio State while Trevone Boykin puts up Trevone Boykin numbers on OSU?

Goodbye football, see you in eight months. May we all live through stupid bickering and painfully empty months without footbaw.

"Melvin Gordon is going to run all over OSU"

"OSU can't handle the SEC"

"Good luck not losing by 45 to Oregon's 3,400 play per game offense, Buckeyes"

TCU should probably be thankful they weren't on the menu because OSU was loving shredding anything put in front of them.

Also hot drat VT beat the national champs on the road in a game that wasn't even close that's genuinely cool.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Also I just noticed VT is for some reason playing Purdue next year. I have no idea why. I must have totally blanked this scheduling from my memory.

e: The return game is in 2023 :wtc:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

gently caress this stupid planet. Not only did the Ducks get steamrolled, but now ESPN has a new QB to slobber over nonstop. This one hurts because after the way the team recovered after losing to Arizona (and then annihilating them again in the conference championship) and then absolutely nuked Florida State from orbit, I really believed we had it. I absolutely believed we had the team to do that again and bring home a title. And those chances don't come up every year, even if Nike money helps.

This one hurts, but we'll be back.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Huge lol about how the dumbass playoff system worked in its first season.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

harperdc posted:

gently caress this stupid planet. Not only did the Ducks get steamrolled, but now ESPN has a new QB to slobber over nonstop. This one hurts because after the way the team recovered after losing to Arizona (and then annihilating them again in the conference championship) and then absolutely nuked Florida State from orbit, I really believed we had it. I absolutely believed we had the team to do that again and bring home a title. And those chances don't come up every year, even if Nike money helps.

This one hurts, but we'll be back.

Realistically, you probably steamroll everyone but OSU and TCU and I think you could beat TCU reliably but OSU was all wrong for Oregon and it showed. Your line is tiny and lacks aggression and that creates problems when you face a team that wants to cram it down your throat. If you want to play small up front you need hyper-aggression. Foster tends to favor a smaller front(although sometimes not by choice) but he offsets it with an aggressive gameplan because he can depend on his secondary to be left alone. VT finished 3rd in TFL and sacks nationally this year and they were hobbled with numerous injuries to starters and depth.

Oregon just sat back and decided to go toe-to-toe with OSU up front instead of playing the numbers and daring Jones to beat them. You guys have at least a decent secondary I'd think, anchored by that AA CB, so why not do basically what VT did which was stuff 8 in the box, dial up the blitz, and see if a QB with little game experience has what it takes?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bigass Moth posted:

You mean the cool and good playoff system, right?

I like seeing Arkansas in those preseason polls. I know they are meaningless but I like to imagine they will help us draw in a better OC or at least help avoid a worse one. Now we just have to make sure Bert doesn't go anywhere near a motorcycle, although I bet that one is not very hard.

Why is September 5th so far away? :(

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
Columbus partied hard last night:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/riot-cops-use-tear-gas-columbus-crowds-after-ohio-state-n284976

quote:

Columbus Police Department spokeswoman Denise Alex-Bouzounis told NBC News that about 8,000 students forced their way into The Horseshoe stadium and tore down a goal post.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

Realistically, you probably steamroll everyone but OSU and TCU and I think you could beat TCU reliably but OSU was all wrong for Oregon and it showed. Your line is tiny and lacks aggression and that creates problems when you face a team that wants to cram it down your throat. If you want to play small up front you need hyper-aggression. Foster tends to favor a smaller front(although sometimes not by choice) but he offsets it with an aggressive gameplan because he can depend on his secondary to be left alone. VT finished 3rd in TFL and sacks nationally this year and they were hobbled with numerous injuries to starters and depth.

Oregon just sat back and decided to go toe-to-toe with OSU up front instead of playing the numbers and daring Jones to beat them. You guys have at least a decent secondary I'd think, anchored by that AA CB, so why not do basically what VT did which was stuff 8 in the box, dial up the blitz, and see if a QB with little game experience has what it takes?

that AA CB was Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, who was injured in the lead up to the Rose Bowl, so.

I just can't believe Ohio State went from "yeah they're probably pretty good but how in the world are they gonna do in the playoff" to champions. drat.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Congrats, Hokies! You finally get to fill the trophy case!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bigass Moth posted:

No, because Ohio State got in over TCU. Based on resumes prior to the start of the playoff there was no excuse to include Ohio State over TCU, the committee only included them because they were a bigger name school. The fact that Ohio State won doesn't change that. TCU still got screwed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
TCU couldn't win their conference alone. Only room for true champs in the playoffs.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

JT Jag posted:

22. Tennessee

Hail Satan, Go Vols

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

If was cool when Florida was good at football.

I hope we are good at football again soon.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
If your school hasn't won a national playoff title than get the gently caress out of my face.

I hope tOSU fans become so insufferable that the next millennia is filled with zillions of people wearing scarlet and grey and coordinating the spelling of Ohio to each other. Their level of smugness will open a rift in the space-time continuum for which Meyer will rule from his throne of skulls made of Heisman candidates/winners.

And darkness will sweep over the land.

Insha'allah

Hail Satan

O

H

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

harperdc posted:

that AA CB was Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, who was injured in the lead up to the Rose Bowl, so.

I just can't believe Ohio State went from "yeah they're probably pretty good but how in the world are they gonna do in the playoff" to champions. drat.

Believe me when I say I know what it feels like to lose a MNC with a supremely talented QB. Vick was goddamn magical in that game and didn't deserve to lose, same goes for Mariota.

• Locked thread