Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
With Crysis, the first one, I should basically follow the mission objectives and not worry about anything else right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

As someone who absolutely loved TQ when it first came out...if you have any ability to skip Grim Dawn until it's improved or gets more content, then you should. It's been pretty disappointing so far. The game somehow manages to look worse than the original Titan Quest, and the skill trees are bloated with pointless filler. Maybe this was fine for ARPGs back in 2007 but when games like D3 give you a full complement of fun, impactful skills by level 10, it'll feel slow as molasses by comparison.

Well that's... deflating. Is that a common opinion or a dissenting one? The overall vibe I got from reading about the game is that it is overall quite good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's probably a dissenting one, lots of goons seem to hype up Grim Dawn. But to me it's like they took TQ and.. didn't change anything at all, with worse aesthetics. Fan mods for TQ did a better job modernizing the game than this. And if you're used to the flow of combat in D3 and the pace at which you acquire new skills there, you're gonna be pretty bored boosting all your passive stats for the first 15 levels. Just my opinion.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Fan mods for Titan Quest? Please do tell. I loved that game.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Anything for FTL? I'm getting tired of doing ok for awhile and then it just randomly pushing my poo poo in.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Gyshall posted:

Fan mods for Titan Quest? Please do tell. I loved that game.

Underworld is the most well-known one, it's essentially a total conversion with all new skill trees and items. It will completely rewrite your install however, so remember to save your regular characters somewhere if you ever plan on going back to vanilla.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

juliuspringle posted:

Anything for FTL? I'm getting tired of doing ok for awhile and then it just randomly pushing my poo poo in.

I felt the same way until I started playing on Easy but doing that made me feel like I wasn't getting the full challenge and the catch 22 between those 2 choices eventually put me off playing the game. Easy mode certainly makes it less of an annoyance to unlock the extra ships though.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Ramagamma posted:

I felt the same way until I started playing on Easy but doing that made me feel like I wasn't getting the full challenge and the catch 22 between those 2 choices eventually put me off playing the game. Easy mode certainly makes it less of an annoyance to unlock the extra ships though.

Oh I'm playing on Easy already. :smith: I think alot of it is just poo poo luck like hosed up ship and boarders and having to jump from I forget what, the place I end up is more boarders and goddamn solar flares.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Cactus posted:

Well that's... deflating. Is that a common opinion or a dissenting one? The overall vibe I got from reading about the game is that it is overall quite good.

It feels very retro, and not in a good way. Compared to something like Path of Exile (my personal goty for both 2013 and 2014, and free to play in the very best way (100% of the content is free, essentially only cosmetic microtransactions)) it feels hopelessly outdated.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
FTL is basically random chance I mean there is something to be said for smart purchases and resource management but at the end of the day a lot of your success is how much the RNG hates you.

The only real advice is to try and visit as many places as possible before the rebels catch up, and hopefully you'll get some good events.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

juliuspringle posted:

To keep up with the difficulty curve, explore as many nodes as possible before venturing to the next sector, and don't waste scrap on repairs unless your hull is about to go into red. A better survival investment is to save up for an extra level of shields, or improving your engines. If you're tight on scrap, remember than you can temporarily divert power from life support and medbay to a different system during fights instead of upgrading your reactor. If you're being boarded and can't fight off the invaders, vent everything and hide in the medbay (the Madagascar Maneuver) Don't be afraid to run away from a fight if it looks like you'll spend more resources on the fight than earn from it. Also, there will always be that one bullshit ship that perfectly counters yours. Just run away ASAP. (Hint: Upgraded engines are a good thing) Also, killing the enemy crew instead of destroying the ship earns you more loot. Don't try it with the final boss, though.

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

juliuspringle posted:

Always visit as many nodes as possible before leaving the sector: there's no other way to improve your ship.

Hold off on repairing your ship's hull when you can. Spending the scrap on permanent upgrades will help prevent your hull from taking as much damage down the line, saving you scrap in the long run.

For most ships, a second pip of shields can make a huge difference. Don't neglect your engines, though, as extra evade makes a huge difference.

Pause often, and shuffle your energy around. Don't power a medbay that's no one's in, don't power your oxygen if you're at 100%, etc. You can even shuffle a little power to the engines just long enough for an enemy missile to hit/miss, then move it back.

Know the advantages and disadvantages of the various weapon types. Beams can't be evaded, but are ablated by shields without harming them. Missiles and bombs ignore shields, but are in limited supply. Lasers are blocked by shields and can be evaded, but are very cost-efficient: enough Burst Laser II's can rip through any ship's shields and then snipe whatever systems you want.

Use manual firing, and fire in salvos. If you have rockets and lasers, you want your rockets to hit their shields system followed immediately by your lasers hitting whatever you need them to. If you're using lasers and beams, you want all your lasers to hit simultaneously, followed immediately by your beam to avoid letting their shield regenerate.

Board enemy ships. Yes, it's scary, but capturing an enemy ship instead of blowing it up leads to better rewards. In early sectors, when the enemy doesn't have a medbay, you can rely on hit-and-run tactics. Later, you'll want some way of taking their medbay out of the equation, such as bombs/rockets or ion weaponry. A well-timed breach bomb will knock their medbay out AND probably kill whoever was running to heal in it AND asphyxiate anyone who goes to repair it.

Alternatively, if you aren't going to board (for example, if you're using the Engi ship), then upgrade your doors so you can contain boarders and hopefully vent the rooms they're in, or else rely on hit-and-run to wear them down.

Giant spiders don't gently caress around.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

poptart_fairy posted:

With Crysis, the first one, I should basically follow the mission objectives and not worry about anything else right?

Yes.

But in reality no. The later half of the game is kinda the worst.

The best part of Crysis is just loving off and doing your own things with the environment, killing all the (Korean?) troops in your own way.

So if I was you I'd spend all the time I could farting around, playing with the MAXIMUM STEALTH and poo poo, stealing boats and blowing up bases and driving jeeps around and cutting down trees with machineguns before the ALIENZ show up and things get meh.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

It's probably a dissenting one, lots of goons seem to hype up Grim Dawn. But to me it's like they took TQ and.. didn't change anything at all, with worse aesthetics. Fan mods for TQ did a better job modernizing the game than this. And if you're used to the flow of combat in D3 and the pace at which you acquire new skills there, you're gonna be pretty bored boosting all your passive stats for the first 15 levels. Just my opinion.

I'm a couple of hours in now and I personally like the aesthetic so that's no issue for me, and I loved Titan Quest's gameplay so more of the same of that is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I re-installed Titan quest with the Lilith mod a while back and had a blast, until I hit a wall where I'd gimped my character with bad skill/gear combination choices and I couldn't be arsed to farm up better gear or re-roll (I think you can respec but it's limited - some of the points you allocate can't be undone in TQ). I'd just like to avoid that scenario in Grim Dawn if it's possible for it to occur. I picked demolitionist and am using 2-handed guns right now and I plan to go soldier as my second class for some melee options. Is that a good plan?

regulargonzalez posted:

It feels very retro, and not in a good way. Compared to something like Path of Exile (my personal goty for both 2013 and 2014, and free to play in the very best way (100% of the content is free, essentially only cosmetic microtransactions)) it feels hopelessly outdated.

I tried PoE but just couldn't get into it. It felt too clunky and unresponsive and the early game didn't feature anything that hooked me. At least D3 has a relatively fast start; within a couple of hours you've unlocked a fair few skills and better, usable gear has already started dropping. Grim Dawn so far looks to be taking the slower approach, but something about the atmosphere of the game is making me read all the mission text and allow myself to invest a little in the somewhat generic lore (zombies? Really??) which isn't something that I do often, if at all, in games like this. In that department D3 is utterly worthless, unless you happen to have a stiffy for anything and everything in and around the concept of "corruption" done with all the flair and subtlety of a thirteen year old phoning in their english homework the night before it's due.

AmadeusVonBlastoise
Jul 4, 2008

AMADEUS AMADEUS
~DO~DO~
~DO~DO~
Getting consumed by the darkness in One-Way Heroics, please help.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Go to the right.

Eeeeh... I haven't played enough, here's a post from a couple of pages back.

Magres posted:

The game isn't a sprint, it's a marathon - you have to keep moving, but you don't have to always be moving to the right. When the Demon Lord shows up, if you're not feeling ready to fight them you can just run from them for a while and they'll piss off.

Past that, uh, it's been a while. There's a thread here on SA though that has lots of helpful advice! It's only like 19 pages and the OP is pretty good, so it shouldn't take too long to get oriented and fleeing from a murderous wall of darkness!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

regulargonzalez posted:

I've tried to get into Path of Exile, but the character advancement tree is terrifyingly huge. How the hell do you parse that thing and make a cool killdudesy character?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Magres posted:

I've tried to get into Path of Exile, but the character advancement tree is terrifyingly huge. How the hell do you parse that thing and make a cool killdudesy character?

Follow build guides for your first few ch aracters until you get a feel for the tree, and then there is a stand-alone planner that helps you with builds -- breaks down your build by how much added life / damage /armor / etc build A has compared to build B.

After you've been playing for awhile it becomes much easier and more intuitive ... i.e., you know that for a life-based melee character in hardcore, you'll want ~170%+ added life, etc.

Head over to the PoE thread and read the op, Jon the guild, and people will be happy to help you out + there's always decent starter gear in the guild stash

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I know it's been posted before but what are the general tips for Shin Megami Tensei IV?

From what I've read, looks like I have to choose between a DEX and MAG build for the MC. Is one notably better than the other?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

KingSlime posted:

I know it's been posted before but what are the general tips for Shin Megami Tensei IV?

From what I've read, looks like I have to choose between a DEX and MAG build for the MC. Is one notably better than the other?
Not really. Eventually either one can just spam almighty attacks to wipe out everything anyway, so go with whatever you're comfortable with. Also, fusion inheritance is entirely open, so go nuts with making insane demons then get mad when you have to forget awesome skills for other awesome skills. A Magic MC has an easier time meaningfully hitting weaknesses but both are gonna do a ton of damage.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

KingSlime posted:

I think that's the general gist of it. A lot of older general SMT tips still apply (fuse liberally, exploit weaknesses hard, etc.) and are written up on the wiki.

If you turn on streetpass, you will end up with some very OP demons, items, skills, occasional gear and a streetpass-only attack for your MC. Remember that the black card is for random fusion, white card if you want to keep the same demon.

DLC, especially the EXP/Gold/App Point grinding ones, will just break the game in half.

Tokyo is a complicated place. Don't feel bad if you want to look up a map.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

The gold earn DLC's useful if you get bored of running around looking for artefacts all day, while the XP one helps if you need to level a demon to get some extra skills, which you'll probably be looking to do mid/late game. I'd recommend going with a magic-focussed hero, since you get to toss around skills with merry abandon and it makes random battles a lot easier. Considering this is a game where the first strike often dictates whether you're walking away from a fight or crawling away from one, that counts for a lot. It's not a hard game, exactly, but it does punish mistakes hard.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

You can toss about skills with merry abandon with any build (okay there are only two real possible builds but you get my meaning), MP growth is not connected to the Magic stat. And physical has some very good options for quickly clearing out random encounters. Especially early on, Critical Wave will very often just instantly win you battles in a single move.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I don't think it's been asked yet. Just picked up Fantasy Life, anything to know before digging in?

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

I just made a huge mistake and imported a copy of Yakuza Isshin. I found an unofficial translation guide and I need to play some Yakuza right now.

Anyone have any tips of playing with a translation guide or for this game in particular?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

paco650 posted:

I don't think it's been asked yet. Just picked up Fantasy Life, anything to know before digging in?

Don't feel pressured to do everything. There's a ton of content but a lot of it is repetitive and you're going to hate yourself if you do to much from the start. Most of the class achievements only unlock when playing that class so ideally you want one martial class (paladin, mercenary, hunter, or wizard) and one crafting class. It's easy to swap from martial to crafting but trying to be a jack-of-all-trades in the martial classes will slow the pacing to a crawl.

It's a charming and relaxing game that lets you set your own pace. Completionists will either love it or hate it, there's so much poo poo to do at any one time.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
Beyond Good & Evil seems super charming so far. Anything I should know about it?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Humanoids count as species to photograph, and there's a surprising amount of diversity around Jade's home.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Beyond Good & Evil seems super charming so far. Anything I should know about it?
I've never seen a partner get knocked out, so don't bother sharing food with them. At worst, give them the single health regen food items, and save the full health regen (and health upgrades) stuff for yourself.

When you get the final ship upgrade and travel elsewhere, stock up on full healing items. In fact, blow all your money on full healing items.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Humanoids count as species to photograph, and there's a surprising amount of diversity around Jade's home.

Along the same lines, I want to say there were a few animals that you can miss, but it's been long enough that I may be misremembering. If you're one of those completionist types, look at a FAQ.

And yes stock up on healing items before the endgame. If it sounds like "yeah this is where we're going to end the game" you are probably correct.

There will never be a BG&E2, sorry :smith:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Get ready for a big cliffhanger that looks less and less likely to be followed up on as the years go by. (It's been 11 years. :smith:)

It's still totally worth playing because BG&E is charming as all hell.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 17, 2015

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
Take photos of all the bosses, even from the hovercraft.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

KingSlime posted:

I made a post about it once already. Let me go fetch it.

e: Here's the things not already brought up by someone else:

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Besides the obvious extra skill slots and stock apps, purchase the Scout-related apps until you get Scout+. Getting an extra demon each recruitment gets you a lot of fusion fodder and effectively halves the cost of scouting.

The MP Recovery Apps are also useful as passive MP regeneration makes dungeon crawling significantly easier. Nearly every boss has an elemental weakness to exploit, and quite a few of the minibosses aren't immune to instant death. The MC dying doesn't cause a game over instantly like in P3/4 but you also are going to be really hurting without him.

Orange Fluffy Sheep fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jan 18, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

There'll be a point you need to clear out a locker to recover some stolen gear about mid-way through the game. Make sure you've gotten everything out of it, or you'll run into a wall a little ways further in the story with no means to progress except backtracking to get it.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I've got the craving for some really stupid anime game, so I'm putting some time into .hack GU. I played the first game and I think a bit of the second when I was in early high school, but remember almost none of it and probably hosed it up.

OKAY! I'm gonna go full sperg about this because I know too loving much about the series? Cool? Cool.

-Importing data game to game is super important. Don't worry about importing data from /IMOQ, that only gets you a handful of semi-useful items, some money and three e-mails which give some IMOQ plot closure you likely don't give a poo poo about. If you want that stuff anyway, iirc you only need a Quarantine save file and a save file from any one of the other three games. So having saves after starting Mutation and Quarantine should give you all the stuff. Don't worry about this though. It's not important and IMOQ is not worth the effort.

-Haseo has character levels as well as weapon levels. Character levels increase by getting EXP but weapon levels increase by using the special moves in battle. As such, weapon levels take for-loving-ever to max. Even worse, weapon levels unlock new special moves, and you really want those. So here's what you do: In //Rebirth find an NPC player in Mak Anu named Corporal Yano (or Henako, either one will do) and ask them to trade. These guys carry the Beginner's Text or the Beginner's Book. Each of these items give Haseo half an exp bar worth of weapon exp. Meaning two is enough to get a weapon level. The Text affects only Haseo but the book affects the entire party. Remember that it works for your CURRENT weapon, so switch weapons once you hit max rank. Yano and Henako get their stock replenished every time you log out.
Here's where the bitchy part comes in: Haseo will get more weapon types as the story progresses. He gets 2 in Vol 1, 3 in Vol 2 and 4 in Vol 3. When you get the ability to use a new weapon, its weapon level will be equal to the lowest weapon level you already have. So if Haseo has Dual Swords at 10 and Greatswords at 15, then he unlocks the scythe, it will be at 10. Weapon levels get progressively harder to gain volume to volume (because CC2 <3 u). Moreover Yano and Henako stop carrying both the texts and books after Vol 1. So make sure to stock up on those before progressing. Weapon levels have a hard cap of 10 for Vol 1, 20 for Vol 2 and 30 for vol 3. You stop getting skills after level 20, but every level after that reduces the MP cost of skill use.

-If you stay in a randomly generated, non-story field for about 10-20 mins, Doppelganger will show up. You'll know him because he is a black Haseo with a dark aura and he will have a red arrow pointing to him. He will be 8 levels above Haseo's current level (unless you hit the level cap, in which case his level will be equal to yours). In .hack this means that he will wreck your poo poo. So fight him either really early or in the post-game. Keep in mind that he is a regular monster as far as game mechanics are concerned, so you can escape from him using smoke bombs, then sucker punch him by ambushing/smacking him with your bike. If you get into a field that has an animal that reduces enemy HP at the start of the fight, use that in conjunction with smoke bombs to weaken Doppel before finishing him off with an Awakening.
Now why do you want to do all this silly poo poo? Well in Vol 1 he drops a Own King, a keyitem that doesn't do anything. In Volume 2, if you have the Own King, defeating Doppel will make him drop the Heinne's Invasion (Dual blades) and Heinne's Shadow (greatsword), two preposterously overpowered weapons. I am not loving kidding, these things are postgame material, the former has charm and hp drain while the latter has paralysis and SP drain. Defeating Doppel again will give you Heinne's zero (a powerful scythe, slightly lackluster in power) and another keyitem.
Guess what you do with it in Vol 3?

-Bike races loving suck so don't do them fairly. Instead when you are about to hit a King Chim Chim, hit select to bring up your map and then cancel out of it. If you time this right, you should instantly clear the race with an impossibly low time. I really, really, really recommend this glitch because bike racing is a chore, but its rewards are useful. Particularly the Biker's Charm, an accessory that increases your speed among other sweet effects.

-If you don't max out each volume's Ryu books, you will lose on the bonus material. If you try to fill in the levels you missed in volume 1 during vol 2, you will get money instead of concept art/music. A really small amount of money. On the other hand, finishing those books is really loving tedious and a good way to burn yourself out on the series.

-Speaking of money, Gaspard is Your Friend. After a certain point in the story, Gaspard will open up shop. If you have any valuable items you don't need, give them to Gaspard and he will sell them for a really nice chunk of change. This is the primary way to make bank, so get used to it.

-If you are having trouble with the game, grind. I know that's the goto strategy in almost all JPRGs, but levels are incredibly important in .hack. If you are 5 levels above an enemy, you will have an extreme advantage. If you are 10 levels above an enemy, each hit will do 9999 damage. Also Haseo's levels and stats determine his Avatar's stats in Avatar battles.

-Speaking of Avatar Battles, ALWAYS STUN THE OPPONENT WITH YOUR SHOTS BEFORE SLASHING THEM!!! I cannot believe how many people fail to understand this simple loving concept. Your slashes do fuckall unless your target has been stunned, especially in Vol 2 and Vol 3. Don't be a pubbie on Youtube, stun your foes.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 18, 2015

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Be sure to photograph EVERY creature you find. Be it an animal or a humanoid. It's the steadiest source of pearls you'll get in the game.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

KingSlime posted:

Don't feel bad about consulting maps or faqs with where to go next. The overworld map is designed assuming you have lived in Tokyo for many years and know where everything is, so the game gives you "directions" but they're like "oh yeah go to the ____ building down ____ street." Pay attention to the neighborhood names as you go through the game.

One tip if you play through the game again. If you put one of your demons on street pass, when you start a new game you can then take that demon back from street pass. So you can have a massively powerful demon at the very beginning of the game. This is cool since it lets you completely steamroll the opening areas quickly so you can get to the game proper and see the few different branches the story can take.

You want to create demons that exploit weaknesses of course, but be careful as some bosses have a trigger where if you make everyone immune to one of their main attacks, they spam a really powerful almighty attack repeatedly.

Dexterity is way more important than strength even for a physical build because dexterity gives a good increase to the damage your physical/gun skills do. Strength only gives a good increase to the damage of your standard attack (and a very slight one to skills) but even the weakest skills in the game are better than your regular attack so you'll almost never use it unless you severely out-level whatever you're fighting.

You want Agility no matter what too because it increases the accuracy of all your attacks, how well you can run away from battle, and most importantly the turn order. You want to get this up to at least 12 ASAP so that your main character will always go first in battle.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

- Buy all newspaper subscriptions at first opportunity.
- Detectors are awesome.
- You can rotate your inventory items around.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jan 18, 2015

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
What should I know before I start Supreme Commander: Total Annihilation? I've never played a Supreme Commander game before, but heard that this was a good place to start and it cost less than £2. Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Pork Pie Hat posted:

What should I know before I start Supreme Commander: Total Annihilation? I've never played a Supreme Commander game before, but heard that this was a good place to start and it cost less than £2. Thank you!

Unless I've totally missed something in the intervening years, you're actually playing Total Annihilation, which is an excellent strategy game from the 90s and which then later had a spiritual successor called Supreme Commander. It's not a "Supreme Commander game," it's its own game. I think that counts as a thing you should know before you start.

It's been so long since I played it that all I remember is it being a pretty standard strategy game and the music being fantastic.