Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Well, it's not like he should consider conservative opposition when deciding whether to do something or not, because we all know it will be there either way. The White House officially said it was a mistake not to at least send some high level person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, it's not like he should consider conservative opposition when deciding whether to do something or not, because we all know it will be there either way. The White House officially said it was a mistake not to at least send some high level person.

Yeah that's a fair criticism I think.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Between this and not attending the memorial for the recent Pakistan terror attack I bet conservatives are awful livid.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

e: did not read

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

beepsandboops posted:

Have we talked yet about how the world leaders' unity march in Paris was a giant photo op on a closed off, highly-secured empty street?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ry-9972895.html

Even if Obama went, I imagine he would be blasted for participating in a giant PR stunt. Once again, I think it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for him.

Considering some of the surviving members have heavily criticized the attending world leaders for what they mean is 'feigned sympathy", Obama deciding not to attend at least makes him seem like less of a hypocrite.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Michael McParlane is an illustrator who moonlights as a political cartoonist. His commentary typically runs the gamut from banal to bad. However, he also drew my favorite cartoon of all time.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Broken Cog posted:

Considering some of the surviving members have heavily criticized the attending world leaders for what they mean is 'feigned sympathy", Obama deciding not to attend at least makes him seem like less of a hypocrite.

It's not like Obama's critics actually care what the survivors think anyway.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Doing a "Where's Waldo" joke and missing the opportunity to use the French name?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Oliphant draws some pretty metal looking stuff. :black101:

Also, there's something utterly :3: about this.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

El Scotch posted:

Also, there's something utterly :3: about this.

That terrorist is just so burnt out on this work-week and it's not even Wednesday yet

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

More love for this guy:

[e]:Now is avatar sized.

He's just SO EXCITED.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Chomping at the bit to call Obama lazy.

e: And Muslim

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 13, 2015

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Broken Cog posted:

What the hell was that display, anyway?

"We, The Governments of the World, are against violent terrorism!"

Well I would loving hope so

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Monkey Fracas posted:

What the hell was that display, anyway?

"We, The Governments of the World, are against violent terrorism!"

Well I would loving hope so

Appeasement.
You wouldn't want to appear soft on crime, would you?

But if Obama did go they'd just cartoon him being a belligerent clueless dumbo poopyhead compared to the other world leaders:

Obama looks uppity, with closed eyes and nose pointed upwards:
"I stand with Charlie Golfo"

Give me that dirty unethical energy alliance money.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Chard posted:

That terrorist is just so burnt out on this work-week and it's not even Wednesday yet

I love the glasses just over the veil, no ears to catch the arms onto. Also sitting with a large rifle like that has to suck,

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Rorus Raz posted:

Priggee said this day would come :ohdear:

For context, Priggee drew this when Ramirez got laid off from the LA Times.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Ramirez should not be allowed to have more than two caricatures in any given cartoon. This is horrifying.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

No way it's unintentional that he cropped Abbas out of this. Keep it up you hateful old poo poo. :allears:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mister Beeg posted:

For context, Priggee drew this when Ramirez got laid off from the LA Times.

I wish my paper did manga in it

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Samuel Clemens posted:

Ramirez should not be allowed to have more than two caricatures in any given cartoon. This is horrifying.

Reduced Head Merkel takes the cake.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Samuel Clemens posted:

I like how he apparently alternates between whether he squishes his caricatures into unrecognizable messes vertically or horizontally :allears:

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Poor Wormbama can't even use a loving phone because of his ear placement.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Is this a talking point. College is valuable because it isn't free, and Obama's plan would devalue (community) college by making it free and available to everybody.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Not My Leg posted:

Is this a talking point. College is valuable because it isn't free, and Obama's plan would devalue (community) college by making it free and available to everybody.

Yeah heaven forbid people can get highly valuable training in such fields as "medical billing and coding" and "enough IT to work at a help desk" for free or else the unwashed masses will be seen as equals to my poor white rich son who went to Brown on my dime!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Not My Leg posted:

The obvious flaw in this viewpoint is that undergraduate degrees are of course ALREADY useless.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Not My Leg posted:

"Aww man wouldn't it like suck if we had to go to high school for two more years!? And I just rented my tux for senior prom." - Brought to you by the Young Republicans Club of Gunthrop High.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It really chaps my rear end that he's been signing his "cartoons" as "Slightly Above Average Joe" since he's easily one of the worst cartoonists here, easily worse than most of the poo poo people dredge up from DeviantArt.

And I swear it's intentional. Like a smug, knowing little grin that he's all too aware that he doesn't deserve to have this job.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's an insult to all Joes.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Perhaps he could change it to Sloppy Joe?

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Not My Leg posted:

If the value of college is as a way for employers to discriminate based on ability to take on debt, rather than conferring any useful training or skills, then you might as well scrap the whole system as a giant waste of resources right now,

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Rorus Raz posted:

It really chaps my rear end that he's been signing his "cartoons" as "Slightly Above Average Joe" since he's easily one of the worst cartoonists here, easily worse than most of the poo poo people dredge up from DeviantArt.

And I swear it's intentional. Like a smug, knowing little grin that he's all too aware that he doesn't deserve to have this job.

It's pretty much him and Ted Rall tied for the worst artist in this thread. Assholes like Ramirez are at least technically capable, even if their actual composition is ugly and incompetent, and Muir's clipart collage style is at least not instantly revolting to look at.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

RyokoTK posted:

It's pretty much him and Ted Rall tied for the worst artist in this thread. Assholes like Ramirez are at least technically capable, even if their actual composition is ugly and incompetent, and Muir's clipart collage style is at least not instantly revolting to look at.

Catalino still exists.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Fire every ambassador the president can be everywhere at once all the time

54.4 crowns
Apr 7, 2011

To think before you speak is like wiping your arse before you shit.

GO
gently caress
YOUR
SELF!

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZenVulgarity posted:

Fire every ambassador the president can be everywhere at once all the time

I to, welcome the creation of an army of OBAMA-BOT'S so no place in the world will ever need to wait to see the President.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

colonel_korn posted:

:regd08:
Even 3+ years later Branco thinks Eastwood's "empty chair" speech was some kind of a sick burn and not an embarrassing spectacle. Also Putin wasn't there, you dunce.

Not only that, Netanyahu wasn't invited. And, in the Israeli newspaper, Angela Merkel was cut out of the picture.

54.4 crowns
Apr 7, 2011

To think before you speak is like wiping your arse before you shit.

Volkerball posted:

I really need to stop being lazy and make an unironic Good Cartoon thread.

Sacco got immersed in the Yugoslav wars.

He knows where the concern lies.

Lysdexique
Sep 12, 2010

Let me give you some advice, little buddy.

Somfin posted:

Catalino still exists.

Does it count when all you do is copy and paste, though?

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

54.4 crowns posted:

Sacco got immersed in the Yugoslav wars.

He knows where the concern lies.

Safe Space Gorazde? I had a tab still from a few days ago on Sacco and his works: http://theculturetrip.com/north-america/usa/articles/the-universal-language-of-the-image-joe-sacco-s-comics-and-conflicts/

I would love to read his work - ink on wood sounds like a lovely and painstaking medium to do for comics.

I was very young during the Yugoslav wars, can you expand on the thoughts in your post?

Armani fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

RyokoTK posted:

I actually have a few cartoonists below Rall. Kirschen is awful, and Gosse actively hurts my eyes with his terrible coloring.

BoK is just bad and ugly in a way Rall doesn't usually achieve.

• Locked thread