Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
Muller would never want to be managed by a foreign myth anyway.

edit: sorry just read Bayern's wiki, i retract my comment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I think the main point here is that Thomas Muller owns bones

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
"owns bones"

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

TheBigAristotle posted:

I think the main point here is that Thomas Muller owns bones

he's insanely good.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PirateBob posted:

"owns bones"

Who do you support?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
mention owning bones and an instant reply from the chuggster, a man who loves bones

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

The Big Taff Man posted:

mention owning bones and an instant reply from the chuggster, a man who loves bones

hell, bones ftw

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.

chuggo is BACK posted:

hell, bones ftw

Chuggo shared too many bones rip just rip.

In newcastle news literally everyone who's played decently this year has been linked away from us and I don't like it imo

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

oilcheck my rear end posted:

In newcastle news literally everyone who's played decently this year has been linked away from us and I don't like it imo

That happens every transfer window though.

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.

Steves Asleep posted:

That happens every transfer window though.

I didn't like it every other transfer window either.

tbf, it's pretty clear that we'll sell anyone as long as the club's valuation is met, but they at least seem to be pretty good at sticking to that.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Don't you wanna transfer me
Don't you wanna feel my bones

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Im not sure which players this means?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

£195m for Messi, git tae gently caress lol.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Blue Star Error posted:

The entire British press seems weirdly invested in trying to make everyone believe that Man U are going to buy a superstar

Because in all likelyhood no-ones going to spend any real money this window and they need to sell papers somehow.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Papiss Cisse's agent mentioned a link to Swansea purely because we've just sold our centre forward (so it's almost believable) and he's trying to get himself some more bargaining power. There's no actual interest.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

sassassin posted:

Papiss Cisse's agent mentioned a link to Swansea purely because we've just sold our centre forward (so it's almost believable) and he's trying to get himself some more bargaining power. There's no actual interest.

I thought it was Cisse himself

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide

Shrapnig posted:

£195m for Messi, git tae gently caress lol.

He'd be permacrocked within a month too

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

TheBigAristotle posted:

Who do you support?

Haha

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Imagine Messi away from Barcas doctors.

Biggest flop ever seen.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I'd love to see Messi unable to cut it on a Wet Tuesday night at Stoke

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide

Bogan Krkic posted:

I'd love to see Messi unable to cut it on a Wet Tuesday night at Stoke

Would pay money to see Messi vs Stoke

nah I'd stream it

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TelekineticBear! posted:

Why would Tommy wanna leave the insanely good club hes been at his whole life where he gets to play alongside world class players in every position and walk through poo poo teams every week to go and play alongside Chris Smalling and Juan Mata?

To play alongside Paul Scholes' ghost.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Gareth Wheeler from TSN Canada just tweeted that a swap of Defoe and Altidore is done.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Gareth Wheeler from TSN Canada just tweeted that a swap of Defoe and Altidore is done.

Brilliant negotiations from Sunderland's part on this. Defoe might be crap now but Jozy is the worst

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bogan Krkic posted:

Brilliant negotiations from Sunderland's part on this. Defoe might be crap now but Jozy is the worst

If it's true that Toronto also paid money in the deal it's seriously the best bit of business for years. Sunderland got rid of one of the Premier League's worst ever strikers in exchange for its 14th highest goalscorer ever, who's not great anymore but still only 32 and potentially has a few more years poaching goals left in him.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

vyelkin posted:

If it's true that Toronto also paid money in the deal it's seriously the best bit of business for years. Sunderland got rid of one of the Premier League's worst ever strikers in exchange for its 14th highest goalscorer ever, who's not great anymore but still only 32 and potentially has a few more years poaching goals left in him.

That's Carroll to Liverpool levels of price gouging if true

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

vyelkin posted:

According to the article, the money is actually going the other way and Sunderland are paying Defoe 80k p/w

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

According to the article, the money is actually going the other way and Sunderland are paying Defoe 80k p/w

See that makes a lot more sense.

Vod Kanockers
Nov 13, 2010

To think Germans were considered "organized".
MOTHER FUCKER.

Jozy is coming to Toronto.

I need to start rationing my food.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
He'll be poutine the ball in top 90 in no time.

Vod Kanockers
Nov 13, 2010

To think Germans were considered "organized".
The meltdowns on twitter are hilarious.

https://twitter.com/search?q=jozy&src=typd

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
The last paragraph of that TSN story about Jozy/Defoe also says the following about Giovinco:

quote:

TSN can also confirm negotiations to bring Juventus attacking midfielder/striker Sebastian Giovinco to Toronto FC continue to advance and a deal is on the verge of being completed to see the Italian join Toronto FC on July 1st. A fourth designated player spot is needed for any deal to be consummated or current Toronto FC striker Gilberto would have to be dealt to open another Designated Player spot. Financial terms are close to being completed, indicated Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment have approved an annual salary in the $7 million range.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vod Kanockers posted:

The meltdowns on twitter are hilarious.

https://twitter.com/search?q=jozy&src=typd

‏@SoccerByIves After luring Mix Diskerud and Jozy Altidore back to MLS I picture Don Garber lighting a cigar and texting Jurgen Klinsmann w/laughing emojis

Yes, "luring"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TheBigAristotle posted:

‏@SoccerByIves After luring Mix Diskerud and Jozy Altidore back to MLS I picture Don Garber lighting a cigar and texting Jurgen Klinsmann w/laughing emojis

Yes, "luring"

Americans on twitter are curiously obsessed with how there's apparently some fight between Jurgen Klinsmann and MLS, and how MLS is winning by signing players like Steven Gerrard and Jozy Altidore. It's bizarre.

Stikkum
May 30, 2011
They're also pissed that USMNT superstars like Altidore and Bradley are playing for an MLS franchise in Canada.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

vyelkin posted:

Americans on twitter are curiously obsessed with how there's apparently some fight between Jurgen Klinsmann and MLS, and how MLS is winning by signing players like Steven Gerrard and Jozy Altidore. It's bizarre.

You see, MLS is winning by rescuing American players therefore proving that American players really aren't that good against Klinsmann's wish for them to prove themselves in Europe. Somehow this works logically.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

420DD Butts posted:

You see, MLS is winning by rescuing American players therefore proving that American players really aren't that good against Klinsmann's wish for them to prove themselves in Europe. Somehow this works logically.

This makes no sense at all what the hell

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
I know. It isn't supposed to make sense, it's just the prevailing opinion because Klinsmann is a dirty furrner and hates America or something.

e: For background, these are the people that got mad at Klinsmann for suggesting that MLS wasn't the best league ever and implying that American players should attempt to play in better leagues abroad.

Aves Maria! fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 14, 2015

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
USMNT fans are often retarded, and write for the bleacher report.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I've seen the phrase "Rescuing Jozy" several times.

Because it's racism or something that's restricted him to 1 goal in 70 loving matches and not for instance being a slightly worse striker than a small bucket filled with lard.

• Locked thread