Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Luvcow posted:

*scrawny man wearing sweat pants and boxing gloves harasses dogs as they enter the park*

*KOs great dane*

*is handed championship belt*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

ive seen plenty of cool laidback pitbulls but the thing is if ur golden retriever tries to kill me i might get bit up but i will probably be ok

if ur pitbull tries to kill me i will be dead

My neighbor had the most cute laid back pits I've ever seen. Use to play with them whenever I wanted. Nothing was hosed up about how they wre being kept the owner wasn't an rear end in a top hat.

So one day one of them bites one of his fingers off and almost kills the other pit.

What a misunderstood creature

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Why would anyone get a pitbull even if they can be trained to be nonaggressive? The way I see it is that getting a thoroughly trained pitbull is like pointing a loaded gun at your head with the safety on. Sure, it's not going to fire, but what kind of idiot points a gun at their head?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

what else are you going to walk when one MMA fight ends really quickly and there's a break before the next one?

ah yes i forgot that demographic

"hmm i only have $65 and i need dog food so i'll just order this here MMA match and let the dog eat a child"

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
I kick my pit bulls in their empty nut sacks, daily, and when they look to see who did it I tell them it was the other dog to foster a healthy level of hostility and suspicion in each other

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Laughing Man posted:

My neighbor had the most cute laid back pits I've ever seen. Use to play with them whenever I wanted. Nothing was hosed up about how they wre being kept the owner wasn't an rear end in a top hat.

So one day one of them bites one of his fingers off and almost kills the other pit.

Just like bear trainers who are convinced they've formed an unbreakable bond with the bear and then end up dead.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Laughing Man posted:

*put his hand in the middle of a dog fight*

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Not a pit but posting it because you probably think it's a pit

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Laughing Man posted:

Obviously the owner is at fault, for if he treated his dogs properly it would not have bit him.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
if you shove your hands into the middle of a dog fight youre probably gonna get bit

crazy i know

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

Knyteguy posted:

*put his hand in the middle of a dog fight*

No that was after the finger biting, the other dog got excited from the commotion and must have seemed nervous to the other dog.

tada.wav
Dec 24, 2013

a life less posted:

Not a pit but posting it because you probably think it's a pit

Not a pit but it sure is more grotesque than one

e:

tada.wav fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jan 13, 2015

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

my girlfriend's sister has a pitbull and it never bit anyone but it's loving annoying and I hate it

my gf has a pitbull and a small shitzui. I hope the pitbull eats it.

zooted heh fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 13, 2015

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

zooted heh posted:

gas a pitbull

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

uG posted:

in defense of pitt bull at least they have a purpose (kill) unlike most of the mutant short leg dogs (corgi) bred to live painful lives in the name of looking cute so the owner can stroke their own ego around their friends

Corgis were bred to herd cattle. They have short legs to avoid being kicked by cows and sheep. They were never bred to be cute. They're also one of the oldest surviving dog breeds. They aren't some purse dog people just started breeding in the last 100 years to look cute. They were herding cattle in ancient Wales during the time of the Vikings and probably even the time of the Romans. If you had a time machine, you could ask the ancient Celts, Vikings, and Flemish weavers why they bred corgis that way, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't because they thought they were cute. Basically corgis are the complete opposite of everything you seem to think they are. Also I'd say herding cattle so that people have meat to eat is a way more noble purpose than dog fighting.

Dick Fagballzson fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 13, 2015

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Every pit bull owner I have met has been dumb white trash. Normal people just get a lab or w/e that will play nice with kids. My family's chocolate lab would probably die to protect our cats and thats awesome.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

*reads thread*

opinion status: CHANGED :mrgw: good work today boys.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Corgis were bred to herd cattle. They have short legs to avoid being kicked by cows and sheep. They were never bred to be cute. They're also one of the oldest surviving dog breeds. They aren't some purse dog people just started breeding in the last 100 years to look cute. They were herding cattle in ancient Wales during the time of the Vikings and probably even the time of the Romans. If you had a time machine, you could ask the ancient Celts, Vikings, and Flemish weavers why they bred corgis that way, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't because they thought they were cute. Basically corgis are the complete opposite of everything you seem to think they are. Also I'd say herding cattle so that people have meat to eat is a way more noble purpose than dog fighting.

corgis are possibly the smallest possible Good Dog

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Shepards and other types of Husky are cool and huggable but overall I would say Labs are the best family dog, especially if you have other pets.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

holy moly i bet sex involving a black dude and a scottish dude is loving hilarious

i hope it involves bagpipes

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Canine Biodiversity.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I think you meant to say "you would have been deeply improved if your mother had actually hit you with the scissors instead of just loving herself real hard with them".

You are really bad at this and should not make another attempt. I hope I can serve as the stern authority figure that Rudys you to adequacy.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Fonzarelli posted:

yeah but if you get attacked by any other dog its not gonna be half as dangerous as these things, which are basically spiky clamps with an insane bite strength. It will gently caress you up worse than most other dogs will and can kill dogs way bigger than it.

why i got my pit bull. moved into a neighborhood that had history of break ins but lived there for three years without a peep cause i gots me a pit WOOF WOOF

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
pits are laughably terrible guard dogs so good job

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
I once saw a pitbull sprint across a field and attack a small child in a wheelchair. One bite and the child exploded like a swollen tick. Some kind of lightning enveloped the dog and I swear it looked like it was floating and glowing for a moment before it ran off into the woods to hunt moose or bear.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

FuturePastNow posted:

My insane neighbor's retard son took in a pit bull from a friend of his who went to jail.

Now the retard son is also in jail and the dog is tied up in their back yard, where the neighbor won't go near it because she's (probably rightly) afraid of it. It barks all day and my girlfriend throws food over the fence to shut it up and keep it from starving for some reason.

I don't know why I'm telling you this.

Just call the cops. They will shoot it no questions asked.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i sure am tired of all these pitbul

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

Dick Fagballzson posted:

breeding degenerative myelopathy into a dog is certainly a noble goal. but then again if i had a time machine and talked to a viking im sure he'd tell me they'd just kill the dog once that happened and get a new young one for a couple years and repeat the cycle.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

there's no way the whitest person ever didn't draft this one up

TheEldar
Oct 24, 2010
the dogs are just chilling waiting for the small human to dispense the chow as a normal everyday thing, doesn't seem like she's in any danger

gotta love all the comments with pictures of cute looking pitbulls wearing cheesy clothes and with babies laying on them, just to try and prove the point, haha

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

TheEldar posted:

the dogs are just chilling waiting for the small human to dispense the chow as a normal everyday thing, doesn't seem like she's in any danger

She's being raised by a family that owns multiple pitbulls and throws their food all over the floor to feed them. She's in danger of neck tattoos and a meth addiction by age 16.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

i ahve two pit bulls and im so white trash i got a skin infection from living in filth and it turned into a neck tatoo of a confederate flag. I just flash it to the neighbors when they come knocking on my trailer to tell me my pit bulls killed another one of their "kids" and they get out of my face real quick

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
you can just sic your terrifying rapedog on them

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

True fact: pit bulls used to be called nanny dogs

Speculation: the people who "identify" mean dogs as pit bulls are the same people who identify every rifle as an AK47

Still wouldn't get one, I'd probably get a bull terrier or a Rhodesian or something

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yeah lol all those pit bull attacks dont happen, people just think that pit bulls are doing it, but i know the truth :tinfoil:

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

radiatinglines posted:

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Or do, as long as it reinforces what you want to believe.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax

radiatinglines posted:

there's zero historical evidence of this, it's a bullshit "fact" made up by tearful rescue ladies

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Yeah they were literally never known as "nanny dogs." APBTs were developed specifically for pit fighting. That's all.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
disliking the evergrowing popularity of keeping a particular animal as a pet that has consistently killed like 3 times more people than dobermans rottweilers and german shepherds combined is doo duh dee the same as literal african american discrimination to people on this forum who presumably graduated high school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

imagine one of those bad boys clamping down on your junk, and you're just punching his muscly head as hard as you can and it feels like concrete, and you feel or entire dick and balls separate from your body and you bleed out

• Locked thread