Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Good news everyone!!

Batman and Robin 37

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I thought Ghost was a Dark Horse property? :v:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
So, that's Barbara in the Robin getup, right? Just not used to seeing her in that color scheme.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

So, that's Barbara in the Robin getup, right? Just not used to seeing her in that color scheme.

Yeah. Since they were going to save Robin they were all dressed in Robin costumes.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

bobkatt013 posted:

Yeah. Since they were going to save Robin they were all dressed in Robin costumes.

I can't help but feel that Damian would be a little annoyed by that, but maybe being dead for a while mellowed him out.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

PantsOptional posted:

I can't help but feel that Damian would be a little annoyed by that, but maybe being dead for a while mellowed him out.

Oh I am sure he would be annoyed by that, but when isn't he a little annoyed? I do not think that he will be happy to hear about Dick either. They also did it to honor him since they were going to save the little bastard.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bobkatt013 posted:

Oh I am sure he would be annoyed by that, but when isn't he a little annoyed? I do not think that he will be happy to hear about Dick either. They also did it to honor him since they were going to save the little bastard.

I stopped reading DC awhile ago, what happened to Dick?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Skwirl posted:

I stopped reading DC awhile ago, what happened to Dick?

The world found out his secret identity so he's pretending to be dead for a while.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

bobkatt013 posted:

See, my take on that would have been "when rescuing a damned soul, balance must be kept, the scales must equal, blah blah blah, Take a Robin - Leave a Robin." and then Babs Girl Robin gets screwed over again.

It seems like the most DC thing they could do.

Then again, I think this comes as a surprise to no one, when you consider that the kid's grandfather is kind of known for coming back from the dead.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

See, my take on that would have been "when rescuing a damned soul, balance must be kept, the scales must equal, blah blah blah, Take a Robin - Leave a Robin." and then Babs Girl Robin gets screwed over again.

It seems like the most DC thing they could do.

Then again, I think this comes as a surprise to no one, when you consider that the kid's grandfather is kind of known for coming back from the dead.

Oh its not shocking at all especially since we already knew about all the other clones.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Waterhaul posted:

The world found out his secret identity so he's pretending to be dead for a while.

But no one figured out who Batman is based on this information?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Skwirl posted:

Of course not :v: . Same way nobody figured out Bruce was Batman after he revealed during Batman Inc that he had been "funding" Batman for years while Dick, Jason and Damien (the obvious Robins) stood beside him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

Of course not :v: . Same way nobody figured out Bruce was Batman after he revealed during Batman Inc that he had been "funding" Batman for years while Dick, Jason and Damien (the obvious Robins) stood beside him.

You mean Tim? At that time Jason was killing people and had no relationship with Bruce.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

bobkatt013 posted:

You mean Tim? At that time Jason was killing people and had no relationship with Bruce.

Tim/Jason. Same difference, they're both boring ex-robins.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Waterhaul posted:

Hater. Tim was the best Robin.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Skwirl posted:

Luthor did!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Chaos Hippy posted:

Hater. Tim was the best Robin.

Quoted for truth.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Waterhaul posted:

Boo to you.

Would all the Robins have dressed up as Batgirl if Babs had been the one to be rescued?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

redbackground posted:

Boo to you.

Would all the Robins have dressed up as Batgirl if Babs had been the one to be rescued?

"This is stupid"

"Shut up and put on your wig, Jason"

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Hey Tim was in Return of the Joker so technically he isn't the most boring Robin, just more so than Dick or Damian.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dick is the worst Robin but the best post-Robin.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

bobkatt013 posted:

Good news everyone!!

Batman and Robin 37

Wait, I've not read much DC since New52 but didn't everything get retconned and the titles start from the beginning again? I thought the whole Damien
[/ thing now never happened.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Breetai posted:

Wait, I've not read much DC since New52 but didn't everything get retconned and the titles start from the beginning again? I thought the whole Damien

What? No Grant Morrisons run still happened and Damien was a major part of that. The relationship between Bruce and Damian was the focus in Batman and Robin since the beginning.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Breetai posted:

Batman was basically unchanged so that Grant Morrison could finish his story. Same with Geoff Johns and Green Lantern.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Breetai posted:

Everything was retconned out of continuity, apart from the stuff that was not. You are not permitted to know what is and is not canon until it is necessary. Hypertime is real.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I'm interested in reading the whole rescuing Damien arc. Is it just BaR, or the other Bat books, too?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

10 Beers posted:

I'm interested in reading the whole rescuing Damien arc. Is it just BaR, or the other Bat books, too?

Just BaR. The McGuffin that kicks it off/brings him back is from a arc of Batman/Superman, but it's not that necessary to understand the story.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There's also a pair of one-shots to bookend it, right?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yup. Robin Rises Omega, B&R 33-37, Robin Rises Alpha.
It has a catch up on Damian's life and death in the first issue, but you might want to get up to speed on B&R anyway, cause it plonks you right in the middle of Batman, Frankenstein, Ra's and Glorious Godfrey fighting over some sarcophagi.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Dec 18, 2014

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Gavok posted:

The Mega Man comic tends to play up how hard it is sometimes to be a sentient robot with feelings and a personality who is locked in their programming and has no free will whatsoever. Mega Man #43 goes into that a little.

:smith:

Jesus. Add "Needle Man" to the list of characters I never thought I'd feel an emotion for, but, drat.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

This loving panel:

(Saga #19)
gently caress you Vaughan and Staples.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Alhazred posted:

This loving panel:

(Saga #19)

I remember reading this issue (up until the last page) and thinking "I need my wife to read this." Then that final panel hit and it was like a punch to the gut.

Ruptured Yakety Sax
Jun 8, 2012

ARE YOU AN ANGEL, BIRD??
Saga chat:
It looks like that scene was probably a bit of a cop-out. I'm actually a kinda disappointed in that, though it would have been super sad.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Alhazred posted:

This loving panel:

(Saga #19)

I haven't caught up on Saga in a while, someone with spoilers?

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Jiro posted:

No spoilers: you loving need to catch up on Saga now.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Jiro posted:

No spoilers. That page it quite literal.

It's heartbreaking.

It's absolutely nothing what you'd expect.

drat you BKV and Fiona Staples.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Parahexavoctal posted:

No spoilers: you loving need to catch up on Saga now.

Some of us don't have the money to keep up with all the books. :(

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jiro posted:

The first omnibus is part of the current Humble Books Bundle, along with a crapton of other Image trades.

EDIT: Jesus Christ, what is it with BSS and me being unable to read this week? Still, that Humble Bundle gets you up to #18, if you stopped before there, I guess?

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jan 13, 2015

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Jiro posted:

Libraries are wonderful wonderful places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Was Taters posted this on her tumblr. It's from The Wrenchies by Farel Dalrymple.

Vincent fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 13, 2015