Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

There's a fine line between being dumb and being inexperienced. A lot of things that Dan is "dumb" about are things he's never been exposed to, like mortgages and most food. He's pretty open about learning things, but sometimes he does the Ironic Guy bit a too much like calling transformers a show for children while under the same breath talking about GI Joe storylines for half an hour.
He's right though, Transformers is unwatchable and GI Joe has comparatively coherent plots and story arcs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I just saw a news article in my RSS feed that says Rock Band is getting new DLC songs tommorow. I found that really funny after the WOFF talking about how the game is dead and there would never be news articles in the style of the weekly rock band addition updates again.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

mango sentinel posted:

He's right though, Transformers is unwatchable and GI Joe has comparatively coherent plots and story arcs.

Transformers is great for the incredible mood whiplash between the show and the movie. Those characters you came to love, brutally and graphically murdered onscreen in a 15 minute orgy of robot-on-robot violence.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Funkmaster General posted:

I just saw a news article in my RSS feed that says Rock Band is getting new DLC songs tommorow. I found that really funny after the WOFF talking about how the game is dead and there would never be news articles in the style of the weekly rock band addition updates again.

Came here to post something to this effect. Wild. They say nothing else is coming from this, but what the heck!? After two years of no new songs? Bonkers.

I loving loved those games, and was super bummed when that bubble burst and it became lame. I'm ready for the '00s nostalgia wave to bring them back into vogue. Or at least get people playing them "ironically."

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Hell, I'd just like the option to buy replacement instruments.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
There are a few things about it that are spooky and nonsensical. First, there's no rhyme or reason to the tracks. The most current one is the single from the new Foo Fighters album, which makes a little sense... but that Arctic Monkeys track (while good) is from 2013. So is the Avenged Sevenfold song. I don't know how popular any of these songs are, either.

Second, They made a big deal about closing the DLC doors with American Pie, which seemed appropriate. Too appropriate to mess up with a track release from out of nowhere,

Lastly, Harmonix has moved on to smaller, crowd funded games. Someone on Twitter suggested that this might be a run at getting the band back together, but as far as I know Harmonix has nothing to do with Electronic Arts or MTV Games anymore (they bought themselves from EA for $1, and MTV Games doesn't exist anymore). I'm led to believe that's where most of their licensing clout came from. The Kickstarted update of Amplitude doesn't have any licensed tracks. The closest they've come recently is Dance Central Spotlight this fall, so they might still be able to make deals, but not at the same scale as before.

The only explanation I'm left with is that Duckfeed is due at least a handful of bizarre and vexing coincidences each year. We already grabnabbed a couple, between this and Scholar of the First Sin releasing *after* Bloodborne.

(My actual guess is that Harmonix took a gamble on these songs to see if the market would respond at all, so they could use those numbers to gauge interest in something similar for the future. Those numbers might be polluted by the sheer amount of novelty surrounding it. Every article/response is "Holy poo poo, Rock Band news in 2015?")

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Anyone want to request a genre for us to bring back by talking about how it's dead?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I nearly fell outta my chair when two voices claimed that multiplayer MK8 is "barely playable" with a locked 30 FPS framerate. What the fuuuucccckkk.

I'm just glad the new year stuff is over, enough lists already.

:laffo: at anyone who accepts less than 144 Hertzen of pure :pcgaming: bliss

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Woffle posted:

Anyone want to request a genre for us to bring back by talking about how it's dead?

I don't know about genre but I've been waiting a long time for a Darklands 2 so if you could get on that i'd be pretty happy!

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
Dear Idle Thumbs, the Year of the PS3 stuff is way the gently caress less funny than you think it is. TIA

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Dear Idle Thumbs, the Year of the PS3 stuff is exactly as funny as you think it is.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

Dear Idle Thumbs, the Year of the PS3 stuff is way the gently caress less funny than you think it is. TIA
Actually the opposite reading is true.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
10+ minutes two episodes in a row funny?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

10+ minutes two episodes in a row funny?
Humor is subjective, who'd have thunk?

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Dear Duckfeed, Darkman is way the gently caress less The Shadow than you think it is. TIA

This is Darkman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSMl31b3OKc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbdeAhpIPhE

This the The Shadow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XLZRPyb77E

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Latest Bonfireside Chat features the triumphant return of of fan favourite, The Cycle of Samsara. *it's been a while*

I'd actually prefer for Kole to be as literary as he wants. It's genuinely interesting to hear about really high end interpretations and concepts about Dark Souls.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Bug Squash posted:

I'd actually prefer for Kole to be as literary as he wants. It's genuinely interesting to hear about really high end interpretations and concepts about Dark Souls.

same, except bonfireside chat is talking about dark souls 2.............

EDIT: Okay but seriously I just listened to ep/appendix 54 and I've gotta say I have no problem with how you guys covered the game, only the game itself, and I remain tentatively optimistic about Scholar of the First Sin if only because the title implies it may have something to do with Aldia who I think is the key to the puzzle just like the DLC about Artorias provided the connective tissue for Dark Souls

Baku fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jan 13, 2015

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Woffle posted:

Is non Kickstarter/early access Indie a valid genre?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

VocalizePlayerDeath posted:

Dear Duckfeed, Darkman is way the gently caress less The Shadow than you think it is. TIA

This is Darkman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSMl31b3OKc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbdeAhpIPhE

This the The Shadow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XLZRPyb77E

It's funny because this exact mixup has happened before.

zapjackson
May 21, 2012

Woffle posted:

BBS door games please.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Woffle posted:

3D platformers please TIA.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Well you are doing a show on Jet Set Radio...

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Stan Taylor posted:

Mario 3d World came out two years ago dawg.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Mario 3d World came out two years ago dawg.

I fail to see how this invalidates my request.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Stan Taylor posted:

I fail to see how this invalidates my request.

IT ATEN'T DED

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Phone posted:

Well you are doing a show on Jet Set Radio...

I hope you forgot to type a Future in there.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Warbird posted:

Is non Kickstarter/early access Indie a valid genre?

Wait 3 years after the release of your favorite kickstarted indie game to actually play it and you have officially revived what the non kickstarter indie game genre was before they could get funding.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Stan Taylor posted:

If this is what Jumping Flash is, then this.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Warbird posted:

I hope you forgot to type a Future in there.

What? Jet Set Radio is amazing, I bought an Xbox just for Future; however, you're going to have to flesh out your half completed fragments for them to make sense.

SoulChicken
Sep 19, 2003

mek it fuhnki
Another example of a talented person having a big blind spot. George RR Martin didn't know what a horse looked like when he started writing GoT. A loving HORSE. Kids know what a horse looks like, I imagine most kids don't know what a mortgage is.

http://www.clickhole.com/blogpost/when-i-started-writing-game-thrones-i-didnt-know-w-292

I think there is something wrong with the posters going on and on about something someone else doesn't know. Maybe it's "I know what a mortgage is, why don't people like me as much as that doofus. Why did he get to meet Shiggy and Hideo and not me!!"

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

SoulChicken posted:

Another example of a talented person having a big blind spot. George RR Martin didn't know what a horse looked like when he started writing GoT. A loving HORSE. Kids know what a horse looks like, I imagine most kids don't know what a mortgage is.

http://www.clickhole.com/blogpost/when-i-started-writing-game-thrones-i-didnt-know-w-292

I think there is something wrong with the posters going on and on about something someone else doesn't know. Maybe it's "I know what a mortgage is, why don't people like me as much as that doofus. Why did he get to meet Shiggy and Hideo and not me!!"

You understand what kind of site Clickhole is, right?

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
I want to let you know, as gently as possible, that Clickhole is an offshoot of the Onion and that article is a joke. Check around the site, their stuff is uniformly great.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

SoulChicken posted:

Literally unbelievable.

SoulChicken
Sep 19, 2003

mek it fuhnki
I just got so loving owned.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Phone posted:

Literally unbelievable.

The irony is delicious.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Just another example of the spread of misinformation through parody. Nobody knows what the truth is or isn't anymore. The Patriots were right.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

SoulChicken posted:

I think you made a pretty decent point about how sometimes people just don't know what a thing is, even if it seems like everyone else on the planet does.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

SoulChicken posted:

loving lol

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

To be honest, ClickHole does have articles where you actually need to read them before getting to the parts making it platantly obvious that it's a joke. In the proces you'd still have to ignore things like this though.

So what the hell, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I'm a bit surprised P4R hasn't come up yet.

Phone posted:

What? Jet Set Radio is amazing, I bought an Xbox just for Future; however, you're going to have to flesh out your half completed fragments for them to make sense.

I mean that JSR is readily available on most people that wish to play it due to the PC port that's on Steam from the other year. It's a drat good game, but my personal favorite has always been JSR:F. I'd rather see it revived and ported than a game based more on the first since the only way to play that is to go get an Xbox and get a copy. That or sacrifice a goat and attempt to kickstart the Xbox emulation scene.

• Locked thread