Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Has Kerry given up on his presidential ambitions? Seems like he could have another run in him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
I really doubt they'll go through with this, but...

quote:

“Bill Clinton’s activities are fair game for Hillary Clinton to answer, absolutely," Priebus said in an interview with BuzzFeed. "And if there are things that Bill Clinton has done that we don’t know about, politically or through business enterprise, that are questionable and/or illegal, then we ought to look into it and ask Hillary about it too, because the presumption is that she’s gonna benefit from the successes of Bill Clinton, so I think it’s fair game."

Priebus was then asked about Clinton's personal life.

“I would say that the Monica Lewinsky stuff is a little stale and old, obviously,” Priebus said. “But if it turns out that there are things that are going on, and that we didn’t know about, he’s a public figure. He’s a former president. And they want to launch Hillary into the public eye. She deserves just as much scrutiny as anybody. And if Bill Clinton was up to things we find to be unscrupulous, I think that people ought to know about it.”

...I imagine it would backfire horribly if they did.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

sullat posted:

Has Kerry given up on his presidential ambitions? Seems like he could have another run in him.

Yes. He said he had no desire to run in 2008 and that he was retiring from elected politics when he took the Secretary of State job.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Joementum posted:

For all the people still arguing about the "am running" / "will run" tense difference in Warren's statements, she's cleared that up.

What the heck is Sheila Bair doing writing for Fortune?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Reminder that Mike Huckabee's son literally killed a puppy.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
Soft on crime, tough on puppies.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

baw posted:

quote:

And they want to launch Hillary into the public eye.

Wait, is Priebus suggesting that the two term Senator from New York and Former Secretary of State is someone who hasn't been in the public eye? That this is Hillary Clinton's first rodeo?

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Neo Rasa posted:

Unskewed Polls was the greatest thing ever I loved it. :) I thought it was a piss take like a long running Onion feature or something for like a month straight. Weren't they also the group that, shortly after the 47% video came out, claimed repeatedly to have some super scandalous video of Obama they were saving that was going to destroy his chances of winning the election and then just sort of shuffled their feet nervously and wandered off when people kept asking to see it? I think they did actually have a video but it was of Obama in a public place talking about how he wants to create jobs or some other campaign talk so innocuous that people didn't even realize it was supposed to be a thing.

I think you're talking about the 2007 clip, "discovered" October 2 after massive hyping by Daily Caller and Hannity.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/obamas-race-romneys-47-percent-guide-leaked-videos/story?id=17389559

A rundown of the videos discussed in the 2012 elections. In the first one Obama talks like a black person! and says the Bush administration was incompetent at reacting to Hurricane Katrina! and black peoples' misfortunes in general!

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

shadow puppet of a posted:

That stuck in many internet news site/ non-political forum commenter's craws as well. It stung more than "a couple of Cadillacs" because people could finally get the tangible image of solving everything with money, and how that would fundamentally change the Romneys. They finally got to feel that Ann (Who they likely mistakenly thought was the one doing the laundry) didn't want to bother with ever having to pay attention to the wash so everything would be loaded in at once and she'd just walk away.

Even more fascinating, In this stage-managed era, was that there had to have been a discussion to leave that door open or not. And they chose to leave it open to show how normal they were, but it failed because everyone with speaking-rights on that set was probably paid enough for that image to seem normal.

It's not even that; like how much laundry are they producing that their maid needs to do that many simultaneous loads? At that point, why not either send it off to an actual laundry place or get an industrial machine? Why have a whole room full of regular washing machines? Is this the case at just the one house, or do all their residences have a phalanx of machines? And if so, are they carrying short tons of dirty magic undies around with them wherever they go? So many more questions raised.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

comes along bort posted:

It's not even that; like how much laundry are they producing that their maid needs to do that many simultaneous loads? At that point, why not either send it off to an actual laundry place or get an industrial machine? Why have a whole room full of regular washing machines? Is this the case at just the one house, or do all their residences have a phalanx of machines? And if so, are they carrying short tons of dirty magic undies around with them wherever they go? So many more questions raised.

I'm guessing that when you have a family the size of the Romney extended family and routinely have huge family get together with kids but also insist on looking pristine 100% of the time and also are made of money, you dirty a whole loving lot of laundry. At that point it's not even surprising that they have facilities on par with a summer camp.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

[quote="GhostofJohnMuir
Wait, is Priebus suggesting that the two term Senator from New York and Former Secretary of State is someone who hasn't been in the public eye? That this is Hillary Clinton's first rodeo?
[/quote]

You don't remember her 2008 insane video she made where people were singing and it had a dog in Americana costume and sparklers? She needs to be re-introduced as something really big-budget Hollywood style now.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

baw posted:

Oh man.

Bill's philandering made Hillary into an incredibly sympathetic figure worldwide, especially among women. Her husband cheats on her, embarrasses her on the global stage, she's the wronged woman, and then she keeps a stiff upper lip about it and keeps her cool and sails through it head held high and forgives the big lug and keeps her family together.

Please baby Jesus, please have the Republicans trot Monica Lewisnky out over and over again for the next two years. Americans will surely rally to the sight of the scatterbrained teenage would-be housewrecker over the woman whose marriage she tried to destroy.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

quote:

Man Who Got Romney Logo Tattooed On Face Won't Support 2016 Bid

When Eric Hartsburg first heard Monday that Romney was considering another bid for the presidency in 2016, his first thought he told BuzzFeed News was “maybe there is something in it for me.”

But Hartsburg quickly realized that he did not think Romney could win.

“He’s going to say something later on to mess it up,” he said. “You are waiting for him to shoot himself in the foot. It’s going to look real good and then — bam something else — he screws it up.”

Hartsburg was paid $15000 by an anonymous Republican eBay user to get the tattoo according to ABC News. Since the 2012 election, he has had two laser treatments to remove the now faded tattoo on his face, adding that he’s ready to part with and “diss” Romney for good.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Will Romney get a new campaign logo that tops what looks like a finely-sculpted rear end. That is the biggest question.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

ufarn posted:

Reminder that Mike Huckabee's son literally killed a puppy.

Rednecks kill dogs for fun all the time, so that might actually help his chances in some voting precincts

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 13, 2015

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
"bam something else". Romney's Nemesis strikes again.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

PupsOfWar posted:

Rednecks kill dogs for fun all the time, so that might actually help his chances in some voting precincts
The staring contest between the Romneys and Huckabees is going to be straight-up Stephen King.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

ufarn posted:

The staring contest between the Romneys and Huckabees is going to be straight-up Stephen King.

The Huckabees themselves are straight-up Stephen King.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
They look like they should be murdering people in True Detective.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Nonsense posted:

You don't remember her 2008 insane video she made where people were singing and it had a dog in Americana costume and sparklers? She needs to be re-introduced as something really big-budget Hollywood style now.

Didn't she already do that with a country song nobody could figure out if it was official or just a tone deaf (in so many ways) fan?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

comes along bort posted:

They look like they've been trapped in a late 90s digital camera world.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

comes along bort posted:

Has there been a less photogenic presidential family in modern elections?

Chelsea was awkward looking but not like this barbershop quintet.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

comes along bort posted:

They're leering at the people in cages that are directly behind the camera. The Huckabees love riding their all terrain rascals in pursuit of the most dangerous game. The feast afterwards is... might fine eatin'.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

messagemode1 posted:

Has there been a less photogenic presidential family in modern elections?

I'm really just using this as an excuse to post this picture.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

comes along bort posted:

I don't think the striped shirts had the slimming effect they intended.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
But if we're posting un-photogenic Presidential candidates, it's tough to beat the master.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
The shirts have ELBOW PADS.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Joementum posted:

I'm really just using this as an excuse to post this picture.

Not a president. Maybe because of ugly family. :colbert:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
:rip: peenworm

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I will now restore partisan balance by posting a photo of a Democrat.

The early 90s didn't do anyone favors when it came to style.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

radical meme posted:

I don't think the striped shirts had the slimming effect they intended.

There is only so much fat the stripes can hide.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

But if we're posting un-photogenic Presidential candidates, it's tough to beat the master.

Oh come on. Was he really less photogenic than this guy?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

campaign cycles should really include a circuit of First Lady Debates

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

PupsOfWar posted:

Perhaps a dressage competition instead?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

PupsOfWar posted:

I mean, a Bill Clinton / Ann Romney debate would be the best thing ever, so yes, I agree.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Listen the thesis is that an ugly family loses elections.

LBJ had a nice looking family.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
George Washington didn't even have a family and he won UNANIMOUSLY guys.

I think the trick here is a family brings you down, pretty ones less than ugly ones.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Nintendo Kid posted:

They look like they've been trapped in a late 90s digital camera world.

Printed on an inkjet printer that needs a cleaning cycle or two.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

messagemode1 posted:

Listen the thesis is that an ugly family loses elections.

LBJ had a nice looking family.

Plus, Lady Bird was pretty awesome. How can you not love someone that goes by Lady Bird?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Left: David Eisenhower. Right: Julie Nixon. Wedding photo.

• Locked thread