Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Rocksicles posted:

Her work environment might be different, but she's chasing the same bad guys. I'd rather see her develop into SHIELD boss.

Well yeah, but the sticking point is watching her develop into that person this season, which would be fine, or over many seasons. Some people are already worrying that it will get old this season alone, the thought of them stretching this out for multiple seasons is pretty awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014

ToastyPotato posted:

At SSR she is treated like poo poo and at SHIELD she's basically the boss. So no, they are literally extremely different.
I'm fine with how the show is developing but I am a bit disappointed that we'll never see Peggy as director of SHIELD having to deal with certain members of Congress, including a certain House of Representatives standing committee.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ToastyPotato posted:

You make it sound like the founding of SHIELD would have her sitting at a desk and doing nothing, when that is the exact opposite of how the director of SHIELD has typically been treated in the comics. If anything, it'd give her more license to do crazy stuff with awesome gadgets. And it would at least leave things open ended because with regards to the MCU we have no idea what she did between the founding of SHIELD and her being and old woman in that bed in Cap 2. The way they seem to be doing it is much more constricting because you know that its all spinning the wheels until she joins SHIELD. There's room for stories, but its kind of limited, unnecessarily.

I specifically like the whole sneaking around and solving cases with Jarvis stuff. Her being the head of SHIELD would definitely prevent that.

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

Deadpool posted:

I specifically like the whole sneaking around and solving cases with Jarvis stuff. Her being the head of SHIELD would definitely prevent that.
Maybe it's because I don't know jack poo poo about comics but I doubt SHIELD will be this immediately massive and highly organized force. Given how new secret agencies might start out, especially in the mid 20th century, I don't see how creating SHIELD will prevent Peggy from running off and doing cool poo poo with Jarvis.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You need a reason to create shield. You don't just start your own spy agency because people treat you like a "woman".

Lots of "but, but , wahhhh" going on for no other reason than the need to find fault.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Deadpool posted:

The foundation of 1949 SHIELDwould mirror the re-foundation of SHIELD today. A rag-tag team solving mysteries and hunting HYDRA. Even Director Coulson is out and about all the time, not stuck behind his desk.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kheldarn posted:

Marvel released a new trailer for Avengers: Age Of Ultron.

May 1 can't come fast enough for me.

Creepy Pinnochio music as Ultron's theme in these trailers cannot get enough love.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

You need a reason to create shield. You don't just start your own spy agency because people treat you like a "woman".

Yes, the government starts it because you need a spy agency that is equipped to deal with weird supers poo poo and then assigns you to it.

quote:

Lots of "but, but , wahhhh" going on for no other reason than the need to find fault.

You... should work on reading comprehension.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why, is it mandatory? Also I'm stoned.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rocksicles posted:

Why, is it mandatory? Also I'm stoned.

mods

Electromax
May 6, 2007
We already get AoS being about SHIELD being (re)founded, I wouldn't mind AC doing something different vs. just making her 40s Coulson.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The_Doctor posted:

The foundation of 1949 SHIELDwould mirror the re-foundation of SHIELD today. A rag-tag team solving mysteries and hunting HYDRA. Even Director Coulson is out and about all the time, not stuck behind his desk.

Again, I don't want a plucky rag tag group of people forming SHIELD from the ground up on this show. I want Peggy and Jarvis pulling jobs behind the back of the actual agents. That's what was fun about the first two episodes. I don't want a mirror version of SHIELD. If it were to turn into that I would be disappointed.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Maybe it's just because I didn't see/read too much about it before the show started, but I kind of assumed that it was just this cheap little thing that Marvel can throw out there in between AoS breaks, which is why it's so focused in scope and is just about Peggy (and Jarvis). I never got the impression that they were going to make it into a big MCU thing and do proto-SHIELD stuff or anything on that scale.

And as others have said, watching Peggy deal with all the bullshit while still being an awesome super spy is way more interesting than just making her 40's Coulson and doing the same kind of generic Fringe-lite stuff that AoS did early on in its run.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

VDay posted:

And as others have said, watching Peggy deal with all the bullshit while still being an awesome super spy is way more interesting than just making her 40's Coulson and doing the same kind of generic Fringe-lite stuff that AoS did early on in its run.

Now I want John Noble to appear in one of the shows as Baron Zemo.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Deadpool posted:

Again, I don't want a plucky rag tag group of people forming SHIELD from the ground up on this show. I want Peggy and Jarvis pulling jobs behind the back of the actual agents. That's what was fun about the first two episodes. I don't want a mirror version of SHIELD. If it were to turn into that I would be disappointed.

Just combine the two and have Peggy and Jarvis pulling jobs behind the back of present day SHIELD due to time shenanigans. Easy.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

I'd be down for this. John Noble is a man who has truly found his purpose in being in shows he is too good for.

I don't know what it is that makes Hayley Atwell such a watchable actress in this role. Yeah she is really attractive to me but there's plenty of actresses who are hot but atrocious or just alright.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
It's the British accent, duh.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Deadpool posted:

Season two Peggy will take the role of Pai Mei and teach Nick Fury everything he knows

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

VDay posted:

Maybe it's just because I didn't see/read too much about it before the show started, but I kind of assumed that it was just this cheap little thing that Marvel can throw out there in between AoS breaks, which is why it's so focused in scope and is just about Peggy (and Jarvis). I never got the impression that they were going to make it into a big MCU thing and do proto-SHIELD stuff or anything on that scale.

Marvel studios is more involved Agent Carter than they ever have been with AoS.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

"Let's do some LSD!"

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Metropolis posted:

I don't know what it is that makes Hayley Atwell such a watchable actress in this role. Yeah she is really attractive to me but there's plenty of actresses who are hot but atrocious or just alright.

You can tell she's having fun with it and enjoying herself. I call it the Amell factor.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Phylodox posted:

You can tell she's having fun with it and enjoying herself. I call it the Amell factor.

Salmon Ladders existed in the 40s right?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Guess who invented them!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Azhais posted:

Season two Peggy will take the role of Pai Mei and teach Nick Fury everything he knows

Guess how Nick Fury lost his eye!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

For more John Noble, watch Sleepy Hollow. He's gone from the show now, but he might return later.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This house sucks

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jarvis is totally gonna sneak in there to talk to Carter

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Man what happened to this lady?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Regy Rusty posted:

This house sucks

I know it's a nice source of drama that generates reliable suspense, but I'd love to see her get owned by Peggy.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Haha, "Don't be that guy."

Also that house is harsh.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

DivisionPost posted:

I know it's a nice source of drama that generates reliable suspense, but I'd love to see her get owned by Peggy.

Oh me too. I'm sure she will be.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I hope they dont punch Jarvis :(

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jarvis is so great.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Overlord K posted:

Haha, "Don't be that guy."

I really liked that, just a little line, but enough to help show that although these guys are pretty sexist, they're not malicious. At least, not uniformly so. Some of them at least want to be good and respectful people.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Real smooth Peg

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That was a really hard sacrifice for her to make.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
missed the first 20 minutes what's up?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Dexo posted:

Peggy played the bimbo to save Jarvis' rear end.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neat, Daredevil on Netflix commercial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dexo posted:

SSR got the magic typewriter, went and brought Jarvis in since they found the plate belonging to Stark's car, were grilling him and had info that he had treason on his record and were threatening to deport him. Carter saved him by finding the "lost" stolen car report the SSR was hiding in order to question him. Carter got chewed out for it.

• Locked thread