Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

when is the new DLC dropping? we should be due for it soon right?

27th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Post ITT if the 12 pack of Mountain Dew you bought at launch has lasted longer than your interest in this game.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

when is the new DLC dropping? we should be due for it soon right?

Also.. in unrelated news.. (for my WWE people)

http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/12/macho-man-randy-savage-wwe-hall-of-fame/

:neckbeard:

I was trying to find that out earlier also (PC), seems to be 27th as far as i can tell, though some sources say 13th, so gently caress knows.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
There's a vote right now for the map that will have a 24/7 playlist leading up to the DLC on the 27th.

Comeback is winning. Then Detroit, somehow? Then Solar and Riot.

2-4 above are probably my bottom three.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Detroit, comeback and biolab are the ones i find it easiest to get frankly absurd amounts of kills on.
Detroit especially is the best map for grinding terrible guns.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Detroit and Solar are probably my favourite maps with Comeback and Biolab falling into my least liked maps and then Riot qualifying as worst map in the game.

e:

The Merry Marauder posted:

There's a vote right now for the map that will have a 24/7 playlist leading up to the DLC on the 27th.

Where do I find this vote? I've looked on all the links on the Call of Duty website but can't find it or is it one of these stupid things where I need to be living within the US just like with the Dewritos promo?

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 12, 2015

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
24/7 Riot, lets fuckin' go!

:shepicide:

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Where do I find this vote? I've looked on all the links on the Call of Duty website but can't find it or is it one of these stupid things where I need to be living within the US just like with the Dewritos promo?

Sledgehammer's Facebook.

I used to like Solar, but recent experience suggests that standing still for more than an eyeblink will get you evaporated by some bounding shitbag with an ASM1.

Horizon is dead last by a fair amount, btw.

The Merry Marauder fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 12, 2015

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
What's the name of the map with the pit in the middle that Zombie Boat always kills himself in? I want to vote for that one but can never remember the name of it.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Greenband.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Personally I feel recovery is the worst and terrace is the best.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Wazzit posted:

24/7 Riot, lets fuckin' go!

:shepicide:

They loving would, too; that, or Comeback. :regd08:

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

i wont lie... i voted comeback.

Flack Jacket, Danger close, Trophy exo and 2 semtex = we hold B.

venutolo posted:

Post ITT if the 12 pack of Mountain Dew you bought at launch has lasted longer than your interest in this game.

ugh... enjoy your MLG PRO 1080 noscope kidney stones.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

I feel comeback, terrace, biolab, and green band are the good Dom maps this time.

Also, not sure if this has been posted yet for all the tryhards

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z3-syTEbrn5J2FKt_2yAEuHjsQ3DXtzbW_tTdCvAyo4/pubhtml

Lol at how op some of the variants are compared to the base. Like the facehammer for the bulldog. I stopped playing destiny so I wouldn't have to deal with this.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I was saying this in Party last night, but I have like 90% of the challenges for the ASM1 and BAL unlocked, and I've never made a class with either.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Hackan Slash posted:

Lol at how op some of the variants are compared to the base. Like the facehammer for the bulldog. I stopped playing destiny so I wouldn't have to deal with this.

It's just such a crushing drawback - an extra pellet and better hipfire, but what if you really wanted to put an ACOG on your metal storm blunderbuss, man?

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
I'd have to say defender is the worst, not because of the layout itself, but because it either doesn't load at loving all (PC), or it does and chugs for the first 3 minutes making it nigh on unplayable. Horizon is likely my least fav of all the other maps, though honestly this is the first COD since MW2 where I've not had any real issues with any of the maps at all, they all feel pretty well laid out with plenty of room to dick about, especially on recovery where the map is double sized for a brief spell. It does bug me how much stuff you can't seem to climb on top of that looks like you should be able to.

I am starting to feel that using the ASM1 is like using the UMP in MW2 though, it just rips people apart so easily.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Fibby Boy posted:

terrace is the best.

:hfive: I agree with this 100%. I'm also a big fan of Retreat and Ascend.

Comeback and Riot are absolute shitpiles.

edit: Speaking of the DLC, by the way, I'm curious to see whether they follow Ghosts's stupid as gently caress system of "only having the DLC maps in a special DLC only playlist until the next DLC comes out" or if they are immediately added to the rotation Treyarch style.

Gordon Shumway fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 13, 2015

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Some of my best games have been on Comeback, sitting on B behind a riot shield with locked down XMGs. I also have fun mocking people for falling in the hole on Greenband, because seriously it's not that hard to remember where it is and how to jump over it.

Riot I've also had good games on, same XMG strategy in the fire tunnel, but that happens less and less often these days. If I can't post up there successfully it's a terrible match from my PoV.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

There are only two reasons to like Comeback:
1. Walker Tanks
2. Hearing Fallin complain about the fact that we are playing Comeback

The map has no other redeeming qualities.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

Gordon Shumway posted:

There are only two reasons to like Comeback:
1. Walker Tanks
2. Hearing Fallin complain about everything

The map has no other redeeming qualities.

fixed... its his trademark at this point.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

FallinInTheBlak posted:

What's the name of the map with the pit in the middle that Zombie Boat always kills himself in? I want to vote for that one but can never remember the name of it.

Fyi its called "zombie boating yourself"

Hey I'm always playing diablo or rocksmith alone. Someone should send me invites.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Shannow posted:

I am starting to feel that using the ASM1 is like using the UMP in MW2 though, it just rips people apart so easily.

It's way better than the UMP up close at first - three shot kill at 1000 rpm out to ~41' for the first eight rounds of a burst (all rounds if using the Speakeasy), as opposed to a three shot kill forever but at 630 rpm.

A closer comp would be a silenced FAMAS/AUG from Blops 1. Three-shot kills to about the same distance at 937.5 rpm.

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009

venutolo posted:

I just sold my copy on ebay - I tried to give it another shot last week but I just can't get into it. I fired up BLOPS2 and had way more fun in a few random matches than I have the entire time playing this.

What are the cool kids playing now to tide me over until next fall?

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Pretty_Llama posted:

What are the cool kids playing now to tide me over until next fall?

The game I played most recently was Oregon Trail. Well actually it was Solitaire on my phone, but that doesn't count.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Mine Defense.

Also Deadlift PRs

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Well, AE4 seems to be on PC now, and it's not a terrible gun or a particularly good one.
When the hell is the rest of the DLC going to follow though?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

After the Xbox exclusivity period ends, so presumably late February.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKMHQc_GhBg

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

I don't even care about the maps. Just tell me if the loving asm1 is getting nerfed into uselessness or not.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Are we back to EACH MAP HAS A lovely GIMMICK!!!!

ughhhh

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Give me that zombies shotgun in multi. Give me a good shotgun. Jesus christ I want one thing out of these games and it's so simple but I'll never get it.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Nighthand posted:

Give me that zombies shotgun in multi. Give me a good shotgun. Jesus christ I want one thing out of these games and it's so simple but I'll never get it.

You know full well that shottie would be poo poo in multi.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Nighthand posted:

I think AW may have the worst shotguns since 4.

I wish the shotgunners were as vocal as the quickscopers. Might actually get a decent gun.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Fibby Boy posted:

You know full well that shottie would be poo poo in multi.

Don't remind me.

WHERES MY SHOTGUN ROBERT BOWLING

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Over in Battlefield.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Nighthand posted:

"We have a console for people who want a Call of Duty with decent shotguns; it's the Xbox 360." :laffo:

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

One of my friends keeps trying to get me to dig out MW2 for exactly that reason, though every time he does he then remembers he has no idea where his copy is so it doesn't matter.

My girlfriend is posting higher scores in Destiny control than I do in CoD dom these days, it's distressing.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Nighthand posted:

One of my friends keeps trying to get me to dig out MW2 for exactly that reason, though every time he does he then remembers he has no idea where his copy is so it doesn't matter.

My girlfriend is posting higher scores in Destiny control than I do in CoD dom these days, it's distressing.

you better get that top spot in dom or your girlfriend might leave you for XxX420PointCapperXxX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Pretend I made a funny joke about skylar backing out to play search here.

• Locked thread