Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Fremry posted:

Someone has an opinion that isn't super happy! Close the thread!

you cannot buy dark souls on the Nintendo Wii U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

can't you guys just move the Dark souls chat over to the appropriate thread? I wanna talk bout Wii U games here.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Which game do you think will be cuter: Clay Kirby or Yarn Yoshi?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

*in spergy fremry voice* more like dork souls amirite guys :v:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is extremely good

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

It's seriously fantastic, everyone play it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Mercury Crusader posted:

i am more excited for yarn yoshi

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

gonna get both though

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Hedrigall posted:

Captain Toad is nintnedo's Dark souls, dicsuss

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is Nintendo's Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, IDIOT

Austrian mook posted:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Awesome! posted:

gonna get both though

The correct opinion.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Awesome! posted:

i am more excited for yarn yoshi

I, too, am way more excited for Yarn Yoshi so my answer is Yarn Yoshi.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

Mercury Crusader posted:

why choose

in fact nintendo please make these two games cross over with captain toad

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Awesome! posted:

gonna get both though

I like this answer. :)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Wild Knight posted:

Dark Souls is a Good Game but everyone who talks Dark Souks positive or negative are literally The Worst.

Dark Souls being called bad in a thread where ZombiU and Wonderful 101 are constantly recommended is a little funny to me. (Especially for the people who claim if you don't like Wonderful 101, you must be bad at it.) I guess no one should be surprised that different people have different tastes in games.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Pixeltendo posted:

can't you guys just move the Dark souls chat over to the appropriate thread? I wanna talk bout Wii U games here.

I'm just venting in a place I thought may have been amenable to it. I've thought what I've said for a long time, but I never said it because people just love that game for some reason.

To answer the question, Yoshi's yarn is going to be cuter. Did you see that flame spitting boss? Getting his mouth tied up with Yoshi yarn is almost cuter than Captain Toad.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

I really like Wonderful 101. It has a sense of fun about it most games lack, even if its gameplay isn't for everyone.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it has an awesome soundtrack too

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

At the moment I'm looking more forward to Yoshi because I just recently played through Tripe Deluxe but I'll be picking up both.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Awesome! posted:

it has an awesome soundtrack too

Not a game I love, but the art direction is second to none, and an absolute joy to look at.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Spacebump posted:

Dark Souls being called bad in a thread where ZombiU and Wonderful 101 are constantly recommended is a little funny to me. (Especially for the people who claim if you don't like Wonderful 101, you must be bad at it.) I guess no one should be surprised that different people have different tastes in games.

WOnderful 101 is incredible, idiot.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

All Frogs posted:

At the moment I'm looking more forward to Yoshi because I just recently played through Tripe Deluxe but I'll be picking up both.

Triple deluxe is going to be closer to Yoshi than Kirby Wii U because triple deluxe and Yoshi are both traditional platformers.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i still feel like triple deluxe should have been the wii u game and clay kirby the 3ds game

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
I'm also planning on getting Kirby as my next Wii U game. Saw the trailer/gameplay overview on the store and it looked good.

Next Thursday can't come soon enough.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Awesome! posted:

i still feel like triple deluxe should have been the wii u game and clay kirby the 3ds game

I agree with you on that. If they extended Triple Deluxe to have double the number of levels, it would have been a freaking epic kirby game in HD. I'm really not psyched on clay kirby. I just don't like platformers that you control passively.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Fremry posted:

I'm just venting in a place I thought may have been amenable to it. I've thought what I've said for a long time, but I never said it because people just love that game for some reason.
Unfortunately, I Like Video Games and Defend Them Vehemently on the Internet. Haven't you seen me talk about Pikmin 2 and 3?

Drastic Actions posted:

I'm also planning on getting Kirby as my next Wii U game. Saw the trailer/gameplay overview on the store and it looked good.

Next Thursday can't come soon enough.
I am so mad at you for having a Japanese Wii U right now.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Fremry posted:

Triple deluxe is going to be closer to Yoshi than Kirby Wii U because triple deluxe and Yoshi are both traditional platformers.

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm thinking more along the lines of character over game play.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Ultigonio posted:

Unfortunately, I Like Video Games and Defend Them Vehemently on the Internet. Haven't you seen me talk about Pikmin 2 and 3?

I have, and that's why I thought you would be one to agree with how shallow the DS series was!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Please post if Claycia is cool. Drawcia and Paintra are both cool and cute and I want my Kirby witches to continue that trend.

Bonus points if Claycia turns into a screaming ball with a million eyes like Drawcia

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Fremry posted:

I have, and that's why I thought you would be one to agree with how shallow the DS series was!

all games are good in their own ways :)

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

All Frogs posted:

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm thinking more along the lines of character over game play.

Yeah, I love more traditional platformers, so I'm psyched on Yoshi. I also loved Triple Deluxe.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Awesome! posted:

Epic Mickey was bad in all ways

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
I don't know what I want from Rainbow Curse. It feels like a perfect 3DS concept, but the art direction is so gorgeous in HD. Yet on the Wii U, the game's going to basically necessitate gluing yourself to the gamepad's screen to play with any kind of precision, and all I wanna do is soak in the visuals on a big-rear end TV.

All I know for sure in my heart is Rainbow Curse will own. Like, a lot.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Fremry posted:

Yeah, I love more traditional platformers, so I'm psyched on Yoshi. I also loved Triple Deluxe.

Triple Deluxe was great.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Awesome! posted:

Yeah, they are. Like I said, I think the game is not bad. I think it's mediocre at best. It's a passable game, and I'm just so surprised at the prestige that the general gaming community bestows upon it. It's a forgettable series in my opinion.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

All Frogs posted:

Triple Deluxe was great.

Triple Deluxe's stone power turned Kirby into Drawcia in some rare cases and also the True Final Boss would turn into Drawcia straight up so Rainbow Curse probably shouldn't of been that big of a surprise.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I have caught up on 2 pages of Dark Souls blabbin' after making this post and have decided to delete it! But it said I Love Dark Souls

enojy fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jan 14, 2015

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Triple Deluxe's stone power turned Kirby into Drawcia in some rare cases and also the True Final Boss would turn into Drawcia straight up so Rainbow Curse probably shouldn't of been that big of a surprise.

Did it? I didn't use Stone enough in Triple Deluxe to notice. That's neat though.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

All Frogs posted:

Triple Deluxe was great.

I just bought a house, and while we were waiting the week it took Comcast to do the installation, I occupied myself with playing Triple Deluxe for a second time. The end game, especially in 3D, is one of the best segments I've played in years.

enojy posted:

Dark Souls 1 was one of the greatest games of the millennium (I can say that it's only been this millennium for a lil bit.) You sound like you may have only played Dark Souls 2 based on the hype, because Dark Souls 2 kinda "sucked" in comparison. Among the three Souls games, Demon's Souls was the feeler, Dark Souls 2 was the cash grab, and Dark Souls 1 was far and away a masterpiece.

I'll give you that. I'm familiar with Demon Souls and Dark Souls 2. I hated both more than pretty much any game I've played in the 10 years before them. I'd rather work 8 hours than play either of those games for 1. Even bad games had a coherent enough story and exciting enough visuals to make it worth playing more. Those two games felt like more of a chore than actually doing chores.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

All Frogs posted:

Did it? I didn't use Stone enough in Triple Deluxe to notice. That's neat though.

Yeah, had 2 rare transformations. One was a statue of Marx and Magolor, other was Dark Mind and Drawcia

16 transformations in all and they're all ranked by color in rarity. There's normal/stone colored. Then Silver (Had stuff like mass attack kirbies, the lor starcutter, ultra sword Kirby) and finally gold which is the two I posted, the Hal Logo and 8-bit Kirby with the Dream Rod.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

the True Final Boss would turn into Drawcia straight up
You have no idea how hyped I got when this happened.

• Locked thread