Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

polyfractal
Dec 20, 2004

Unwind my riddle.
Not enough terrible street photography being posted. I give these in offering to the street photo gods

Baloon Day by zacharytong, on Flickr

Merkkleding Outlet by zacharytong, on Flickr

Dissatisfied by zacharytong, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mulls
Jul 30, 2013

Balloon Day is pretty dope.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

All 3 are very nice

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
5169 by bgibb187, on Flickr

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
5255 by bgibb187, on Flickr

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It's good

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Granny from Oklahoma

Awkward Davies fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jan 20, 2018

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I.....

I Don't want to like this, but I do.

:psyduck:

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
Yep, a person sitting inside a shop window (fish in a barrel), not doing anything interesting, with a sign indicating that she actually wants attention. Great capture. Oh yeah, also lots of dead space on the right with nothing at all happening.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

deaders posted:

Yep, a person sitting inside a shop window (fish in a barrel), not doing anything interesting, with a sign indicating that she actually wants attention. Great capture. Oh yeah, also lots of dead space on the right with nothing at all happening.

Thanks dude :)

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

deaders posted:

You sound vaguely angry at the world. But I totally get it.

Yes, I always put the camera into my mouf, what of it?

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

deaders posted:

:captainpop: :chanpop:

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

deaders posted:

Well when I saw it the sign was from some sort of protest the women was at and she is stopping to get some food, so I don't agree that it lacks interest. If the sign wasn't there the shot wouldn't have any story to it at all.

Though I do agree if the picture was taken closer and filled more of the frame with her and her sign, I think it would have been even better.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

JHVH-1 posted:

Well when I saw it the sign was from some sort of protest the women was at and she is stopping to get some food, so I don't agree that it lacks interest. If the sign wasn't there the shot wouldn't have any story to it at all.

Though I do agree if the picture was taken closer and filled more of the frame with her and her sign, I think it would have been even better.

yeah like if he had gotten real close and tapped on the glass to provoke her into making an angry face then it would have been pretty cool, actually

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
These are all true things. It was from a protest in New York during the summer and I just developed the roll. It was a few blocks away from the protest. I liked the idea of a protestor sitting down for a cup of tea with such an angry sign. I liked the sign.

I probably should have gotten closer, that dead space is lovely, the color is lovely.

All good and true critiques.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I still think deaders is kind of an rear end in a top hat, but that's ok.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Awkward Davies posted:

The more he picks apart an image, the more he likes it. That's what I tell myself.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Pukestain Pal posted:

The more he picks apart an image, the more he likes it. That's what I tell myself.

what

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Oh, didn't you know about the "Playground Crush" school of critique?

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Awkward Davies posted:

Nah not really it is just every time you look at this thread it is people making the same basic mistakes, not sure why I click on it tbh.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Pukestain Pal posted:

No.

I only offer genuine critique, and not that often, although it is sometimes in a sarcastic tone.

deaders fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 14, 2015

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

deaders posted:

Nah not really it is just every time you look at this thread it is people making the same basic mistakes, not sure why I click on it tbh.

Well it might be nice if people start giving more useful critiques and explain what could have been done to make it better instead of either saying something sucks in an off handed way or the "I love it man!" type replies.

If I just want to look at other goons images I can follow them on flickr or something.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

If you want a dialog you can't expect a third party to start it

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
You're all horrible, for reasons

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Street photography: Shooting fish in a barrel

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

JHVH-1 posted:

Street photography: Less exciting than fish in a barrel

ftfy

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
I kinda like this shot but I think it's too busy and I can't find a crop I like.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

deaders posted:

No.

I only offer genuine critique, and not that often, although it is sometimes in a sarcastic tone.

You also missed my sarcasm.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

JHVH-1 posted:

Street photography: Shooting fish in a barrel

Kind of on the nose and doesn't have anything to really put it over the top such as the shock value of the dead animals that inspired the current title or the spiteful acknowledgement of how lovely all these photos are that has inspired previous titles.

These titles go hard.

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.

Chill Callahan posted:

I kinda like this shot but I think it's too busy and I can't find a crop I like.

Get up a floor higher to isolate that foreground stoplight from the background, then wait for something more interesting to happen?

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
There we go.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

deaders posted:

Yet you haven't posted a photo here in six months. The thread is blessed by your presence.

Awkward Davies fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 14, 2015

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Do you need to regularly post photos to a thread to be able to contribute meaningfully?

If all you want is validation and reassurance that you are special, unique snowflake there are plenty of groups on flickr for that kind of thing.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

People like to have a frame of reference for the skill level of the person critiquing them

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Fart Car '97 posted:

People like to have a frame of reference for the skill level of the person critiquing them

This is the dumbest thing I have read all day.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
has this thread ever contributed anything positive why is it still around

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
Gentlemen, less anger more shooting fish in a barrel, please ...

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Geektox posted:

has this thread ever contributed anything positive why is it still around

One time musket made a dude real mad and it was funny.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I like some of what happens in this thread and I don't get why people act so lovely about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

I love these two despite having the POV of a murderer.