Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

it is pong with anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

nobody has ever actually played windjammers but it's funny to see GB fans pretend they always knew about it lol

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

it does look fun as hell though

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Dont bully me! posted:

it does look fun as hell though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its literally pong.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

its pong but you can do hadoken moves to put spin on the flying power disc

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
joke

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

so I just listened to the goty debate and I gotta say I like the part where they (brad?) poo poo on Mario Kart 8 citing reasons like "it's just another entry in the series with minor changes" yet had no issue putting CoD#whatever at like 5th place despite it having the exact same faults

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Oxyclean posted:

so I just listened to the goty debate and I gotta say I like the part where they (brad?) poo poo on Mario Kart 8 citing reasons like "it's just another entry in the series with minor changes" yet had no issue putting CoD#whatever at like 5th place despite it having the exact same faults

this followed by 2 ironic hours of brad yelling about how destiny isn't garbage

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Liquid Penguins posted:

this followed by 2 ironic hours of brad yelling about how destiny isn't garbage

"but I had fun with it after 20 hours"

Also I like when he acknowledged that it took a double drop event or something to redeem it for him.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jan 13, 2015

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

Jeff was the one loudly screaming about Mario Kart every single time it was brought up. He had Call of Duty as his personal #1.

Also his complaint about Smash Bros was that it's just a chaotic mess and "no one" can tell what's happening which is basically "I'm bad at the game" and I dunno why no one called him on it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

In defense of that the latest Cod is the best one they've made since whatever one is the one people with brains say was the last good one.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The movement stuff almost makes it kind of a different game so you have to give them credit.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I mean "its not as poo poo as the one before it" kinda doesn't seem like a big deal? Not to mention didn't Titanfall pretty much do similar moment stuff? Granted titanfalls shortcomings are that it has no campaign, and a rather limited amount of weapons/unlocks.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Cod got that high because it's jeff's #1 and he's the head honcho. You have to listen between the lines.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Who caaaaaaaaaaaaaaares?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

For once, I agree. I don't give a poo poo what these jokers think the best game is, and if you do you have some serious problems.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Wormskull posted:

For once, I agree. I don't give a poo poo what these jokers think the best game is, and if you do you have some serious problems.

!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

In defense of that the latest Cod is the best one they've made since whatever one is the one people with brains say was the last good one.

Modern Warfare was pretty drat good

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

mw had a nice sp campaign but the multi was garbage

NienNunb posted:

Who caaaaaaaaaaaaaaares?

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Great Joe posted:

mw had a nice sp campaign but the multi was garbage

drat that is a good avatar

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

Hey HeyCrapOnThis, from now on please post in character as Dan only. You have already begun with the quoted post.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Man, Dan loving kick's Jeff's rear end at tetris and puyo puyo.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

Pre-Dan Giant Bomb has a long history of being shockingly terrible at arranging colorful falling objects.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

Thanks! I like yours too. :)

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
i always thought how weird it was that two people at gb are colorblind

ive only met one person my entire life who is colorblind to a point it affects their life

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

"I want to see them spin it back around and have MaWario"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

Dan is easily the best gamer to have ever been on Giant Bomb except MAYBE Jason.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

Dan is Good at Video Games

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Dan is Good at Video Games

It's about time someone at giant bomb isn't laughably bad at video games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jeff is good at most games that came out before 1990.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

dan and drew are gaming's first power couple.

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Dan announced a new series coming at the end of the bombcast Dan is the best

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I have to say that even though Patrick's content was mostly pretty bad, he was the only one of them who gave Binding of Isaac the love it deserves so for that I respect him

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I want Jeff to advertise everything in the world. He makes me want Nature Box and I know firsthand how blah Nature Box is!

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I miss small business man

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

Dan announced a new series coming at the end of the bombcast Dan is the best

Mario Party with Jeff Gerstmann & Dan Ryckert

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dont bully me! posted: