Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

So the commentary tracks only come with newer DVD's or something?

I think so, from the tracks themselves I gathered that they were recorded after the 8th season was already filmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Weird, I got seasons 1-9 a few days ago and the tracks I heard on season 3 were clearly from back then. None of them have been too great though, the 3 actors usually seem a bit bored and spend a lot of time chuckling at their own jokes. Rob especially, you forget he's present for how little he talks. Glenn and Kaitlin talk quite a bit more... there are funny anecdotes sometimes though.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Electromax posted:

Weird, I got seasons 1-9 a few days ago and the tracks I heard on season 3 were clearly from back then. None of them have been too great though, the 3 actors usually seem a bit bored and spend a lot of time chuckling at their own jokes. Rob especially, you forget he's present for how little he talks. Glenn and Kaitlin talk quite a bit more... there are funny anecdotes sometimes though.

Maybe I'm wrong (a distinct possibility), the ones I listened to actually had very little Kaitlin, perhaps they re-recrorded at some point?

These are the ones I've listened to:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL24951E037907EAB5

I might try to find a snippet where Charlie complains about recording 'seven seasons worth of commentary' later. maybe. here: http://youtu.be/SJrh70f0o38?list=PL24951E037907EAB5

it's not a very conclusive quote for sure, there are a few more I'll try to find later.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 9, 2015

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

InfiniteZero posted:

Only if you also believe that "Fringe" was Leonard Nimoy's defining career role as well and was a kind of overwhelming late-career breakthrough for him.

I would say thats true, actually. The second part anyway.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Electromax posted:

DEAD AIR!?! *munches on crackers*

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

InfiniteZero posted:

Only if you also believe that "Fringe" was Leonard Nimoy's defining career role as well and was a kind of overwhelming late-career breakthrough for him.

I will go to my grave convinced that Nimoy's best performance was in The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Leonard Nimoy will always be remembered for, "Hello, and welcome to the Mugar Omni Theater. I grew up a few blocks from here."

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Proposition Joe posted:

Leonard Nimoy will always be remembered for, "Hello, and welcome to the Mugar Omni Theater. I grew up a few blocks from here."

oh sup cambridge person

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Proposition Joe posted:

Leonard Nimoy will always be remembered for Civilization IV

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNJMc_rQWNs

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

For me the career defining role of Seann William Scott was Country-Mac :geno:

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Snapchat A Titty posted:

For me the career defining role of Seann William Scott was Country-Mac :geno:

I will always remember him from his episode of Cribs, where he was living in some lovely West Hollywood apartment with four other guys.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
For me, Danny DeVito will always be remembered as the guy who landed that sweet piece of tail Rhea Perlman.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I grew up watching Cheers so Danny has always been the dude married to Rhea, yeah.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Proposition Joe posted:

Leonard Nimoy will always be remembered for Seaman

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Also George Takei

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
http://www.slantmagazine.com/tv/review/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-season-10

quote:

The series has always been prone to creative experimentation, but it's never been as pervasive, or as successful, as it is here.

The most thrilling of these experiments comes in "Charlie Work," whose ambitious second half is composed of a 10-minute long take that bests True Detective's own infamous tracking shot for meticulously choreographed chaos.

:pwn:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
That sounds awesome. More experimental episodes sounds awesome. This season is gonna be awesome.

I'm super hot on this season.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Wait I remember it coming out who was going to play the Steve Harvey analogue on the Family Night episode, but now I forget who it is.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Keegan Michael Key

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Are they signed on for any further seasons? Hoping the report of quite a few leftfield episodes isn't a bucket list of sorts. It all sounds amazing though.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I think that they're signed up for 2 more seasons after this one.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Are they signed on for any further seasons? Hoping the report of quite a few leftfield episodes isn't a bucket list of sorts. It all sounds amazing though.

they signed on through season 12

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Thought that was the case, glad to hear. God I can't wait, especially as the season premiere episode is often amazing (excluding the obvious Dennis Gets Married one, which worked a lot better when the 2nd episode aired anyway).

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Sunny is probably the only show I could watch from now until my heart pops. I can't wait for season 28.

Actually they should end the show when Danny Devito dies. Film his actual funeral and throw him in the trash, cut to credits. It's what he would want.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

^^^ yes.

I should probably stop reading this thread so i don't get too spoilered. I don't have cable.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Sunny is probably the only show I could watch from now until my heart pops. I can't wait for season 28.

Actually they should end the show when Danny Devito dies. Film his actual funeral and throw him in the trash, cut to credits. It's what he would want.

Flush him down the toilet. R. I. P. Frank Reynolds.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I urge everyone to buy this shirt:

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Thanks for the tip, at $4 international shipping troll toll it's a steal!

ElectricWizard fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jan 14, 2015

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I think I've reached the age where I'd rather make small talk with stranger about the weather than invite them to comment on my t-shirt.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Anything interesting on tonight?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I've had my heart set on this season premiere for days now, which in my world is a level of focus which I personally have never experienced.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Has any jabroni stepped up to make a new thread? Or we just gonna recycle this trash thread?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I've had my heart set on this season premiere for days now, which in my world is a level of focus which I personally have never experienced.

it seems like what you are looking for is some sort of P Diddy style shrimping show

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
You're a really good listener and I didn't peg you for one 'cause of the pinky ring, but that's great.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
hahahaha

Qonas
Apr 21, 2010

quote:

Oddly enough, the most poignant showcase is of Dennis...momentarily humanizes the latent sociopath.

quote:

...momentarily humanizes the latent sociopath.

THIS SHOW.

This show just caused that phrase to be written.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Irish Joe posted:

I think I've reached the age where I'd rather make small talk with stranger about the weather than invite them to comment on my t-shirt.

I got a bunch of compliments wearing it while walking down Hollywood Blvd. a few months ago. :shrug:

The manager at Citibank, however, did ask me if it was a real play.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Qonas posted:

[/b]

THIS SHOW.

This show just caused that phrase to be written.

He is latent? The way it is phrased makes it sound like it does then he turns around and does something horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Zombified Cricket looks insane, darkest thing they've ever done probably.

I hope we get to find out how this happened to him and whether the rest of the people they locked inside the apartment made it out okay, I'm also still rather curious as to what happened to the shooshing guy.