Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/

If anyone missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I couldn't watch as I'm at work. Was there any info about mario maker, yoshis wolly world or zelda?

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I've never actually seen Fire Emblem gameplay until today it looked pretty rad and I'll probably get it, Monster Hunter too. Those and HD Tingle were the highlights of todays Direct, now its time to slink back into bed and dissolve into slime for another 8 or so hours.

E:downloadable half price punch out too

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

So the Wii downloadable titles will be half price the week of their release? Good time to grab one of those discounted eshop cards at best buy I guess.

Edit: it was yesterday only! Damnit.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jan 14, 2015

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Davinci posted:

I've never actually seen Fire Emblem gameplay until today it looked pretty rad and I'll probably get it, Monster Hunter too. Those and HD Tingle were the highlights of todays Direct, now its time to slink back into bed and dissolve into slime for another 8 or so hours.

Fire Emblem: Awakening is one of the best games on the 3DS. You should get it as soon as possible.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yeah, that really would've worked amazingly as a stinger.

Great direct, but started off strong and got weaker as it went on.

Last February's Direct had a similar issue - opened with Little Mac in Smash and then everything else after seemed kind of dull from such a hype reveal to start.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Little_wh0re posted:

I couldn't watch as I'm at work. Was there any info about mario maker, yoshis wolly world or zelda?

nope

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

So the Wii downloadable titles will be half price the week of their release? Good time to grab one of those discounted eshop cards at best buy I guess.
That was yesterday only, but thankfully I picked one up yesterday. Can't wait to eventually get Radiant Dawn and Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Little_wh0re posted:

No lol

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
They probably didn't want to end with Fire Emblem because it probably won't have any N3DS features.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Little_wh0re posted:

ironically these are the exact three things they did not talk about

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Andrast posted:

Fire Emblem: Awakening is one of the best games on the 3DS. You should get it as soon as possible.

I'll be on the lookout for it, thanks for the reccomendation

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

are there pictures of the new amiibo wave anywhere?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

mabels big day posted:

ironically these are the exact three things they did not talk about

Well... thats less than optimal

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

sharrrk posted:

are there pictures of the new amiibo wave anywhere?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

so if I already own PunchOut and Galaxy 2, does this mean I still get the Offscreen support or do I need this *new* digital version

Esk1
Dec 19, 2007

So galaxy 2 and metroid trilogy don't actually support the classic controller right?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_that_use_the_Classic_Controller

Bummer playing both those with proper pro controller support or even game pad would be sick..

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
It's weird that they didn't announce a GCN virtual console. I can't imagine they can got digital Wii games working in Wii U mode and not GCN games.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Also the EU direct didn't mention Hyrule Warriors at all which is kinda weird

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Esk1 posted:

So galaxy 2 and metroid trilogy don't actually support the classic controller right?

Bummer playing both those with proper pro controller support or even game pad would be sick..

Nah they're probably just straight disc dumps, which makes playing on the gamepad pretty pointless for those games.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Robin amiibo is excellent news. (As well as Ness and Pac-Man.)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Esk1 posted:

poo poo. well, guess this is worthless

Esk1
Dec 19, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

Nah they're probably just straight disc dumps, which makes playing on the gamepad pretty pointless for those games.

I'm gonna go cry a little.

I feel like they always announce these awesome features that are just not quite were I want them. I have all these games on disk still so nothing to see here move along. I would've bought second copies of galaxy and metroid at a higher price than this if they just added real game pad support.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Folt The Bolt posted:

Robin amiibo is excellent news. (As well as Ness and Pac-Man.)

But it's Male Robin. :cry:

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

mancalamania posted:

It's weird that they didn't announce a GCN virtual console. I can't imagine they can got digital Wii games working in Wii U mode and not GCN games.

The Wii U already has the Wii emulator built in on it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I love how they announce that the gamepad could be used as a classic controller and proceeded to not announce anything with gamepad support.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Am I the only one excited they are making playing wii games on wii u not a piece of poo poo

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Esk1 posted:

I'm gonna go cry a little.

I feel like they always announce these awesome features that are just not quite were I want them. I have all these games on disk still so nothing to see here move along. I would've bought second copies of galaxy and metroid at a higher price than this if they just added real game pad support.

Both games rely pretty heavily on the Wii remote though, how would that work?

These aren't meant to be remastered versions for people to rebuy... These releases are great for people who didn't buy the original print and want to play awesome games without a huge used game markup.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jan 14, 2015

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Am I the only one excited they are making playing wii games on wii u not a piece of poo poo

only with classic controller supported games so who cares

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

They play exactly the same though?

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Nah, I am, too, especially since I never had Prime Trilogy and soon I'll be able to get it for a shockingly low price. I dunno if the games will be getting a proper bump to 720p, but that would be great if they did.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hakkesshu posted:

They play exactly the same though?

No he's saying you don't need to go through Wii mode for them.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

MinibarMatchman posted:

only with classic controller supported games so who cares

Well that means you can play that mario all stars game they made for wii on the wii u gamepad I guess

ChaosArgate posted:

No he's saying you don't need to go through Wii mode for them.

Also actual gamepad support even if all the good games need the wiimote anyway

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Metroid Prime Trilogy is the best part of the Wii game thing since that's been hard to find at a decent price for a while now.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

If not for Xenoblade 3DS that game probably would've been on Wii U download too.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ChaosArgate posted:

If not for Xenoblade 3DS that game probably would've been on Wii U download too.

Oh god that supports the classic controller doesn't it

The 3DS version doesn't look so great either

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

zolthorg posted:

Name a non 2DS that has launched at less than 200-220$?

That still doesn't tell me how much it is, and how much the Majora's Bundle will be.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Regy Rusty posted:

Metroid Prime Trilogy is the best part of the Wii game thing since that's been hard to find at a decent price for a while now.

Yeah that's the biggest thing for me here, Metroid Prime Trilogy available without paying like $80 for it

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
According to PSN in the other thread, $200 for the New XL, $230 for the MH/MM bundles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
Goons I slept late and jus tstarted watching the Direct a little while ago. I want to give Iwata a hug.

Also drat Nintendo for starting the Wii Game downloads. I don't actually have any of the 3 games announced and now I'm probably buying them all on release, due to the half off thing (Especially Metroid Prime Trilogy!)

• Locked thread