Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

No one is wearing black, and everyone is smiling. This is obviously something other than a funeral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Modern Day Hercules posted:

Why the gently caress do baby coffins always look like coolers? There's no reason they couldn't put some wood grain on them at the very least. I usually don't even realize that it's a goddamn funeral when I see these pictures until someone points it out because of this.

They barely knew the dude. Why go all out on a fancy coffin?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Etoniichuan posted:

No one is wearing black, and everyone is smiling. This is obviously something other than a funeral.

Maybe it wasn't a very good baby?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

They could be the special brand of religious nut that's happy about death because reuniting with god :shrug:

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Etoniichuan posted:

It really doesn't look like it at first, but when you take the gas station styrofoam cooler as a coffin, it is clearly a coffin, with flowers, suspended over a fresh grave.

Solice Kursk posted:

They barely knew the dude. Why go all out on a fancy coffin?

Unless they literally just bought a 10 dollar styrofoam cooler there's no way a small plywood box for burying the baby in would be more expensive. Old people who don't have any money are buried in plain rear end plywood boxes, babies should get the same attention to detail.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
It looks like the infamous one, with the hatchetman sticker on it.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Well, at least now you know if you ever have to bury a dead baby, all you need is a styrofoam cooler and a few cans of Krylon Gloss White.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

probably not too worried about one or two kids dying if your family's goal is to just pump em out as fast and as aryan as possible

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008
Yeah it's definitely not the same styrofoam baby cooler, the one for the juggalo baby is way bigger.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The woman in the center with the brown-red jacket just has this "I knew this would happen" smirk.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

The Juggalo one is more appropriate than the Mormon one.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
http://youtu.be/iMv9d1pIoBA

The mother calls into a internet juggalo radio show to try and score pity merchandise .

I've also always wondered how long the parents spent trying to decide which one of their sweatshirts to wear to their child's funeral.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Etoniichuan posted:

That's a really tiny coffin, maybe it was a funeral for a miscarriage or stillbirth? If you really really believe life begins at conception, then you'd have to have a funeral for the miscarriage residue. But no one (except maybe the parents-to-never-be) would be super sad, because nobody knew the dead baby, so it would basically be an excuse for a family picnic.

Plus little kids might not have black clothes, so they'd just wear their "sunday best" even if the color is wrong. The only adult in the picture is wearing black and white, which isn't totally inappropriate.

No explanation for why the family would decide to pose for a happy picture right there though.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

PopRocks posted:

Crossposting from the tinder.txt thread, the most Mormon photo ever:

How wants to bet those are all her kids?

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Angela Christine posted:

No explanation for why the family would decide to pose for a happy picture right there though.

Some families deal with death differently. I had an aunt die and we just threw a party and everybody had a really great time. Wasn't like we hated that aunt or anything, she was just old and ready to go so we took the occasion while everyone was there to have a good time. I could see it being the same for the miscarriage of a fetus that nobody really knew or cared about.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Unless they literally just bought a 10 dollar styrofoam cooler there's no way a small plywood box for burying the baby in would be more expensive. Old people who don't have any money are buried in plain rear end plywood boxes, babies should get the same attention to detail.

You don't know much about the funeral business if you think they're going to let a grieving family walk out of there spending that little. That's a $10,000, Eternal Comfort and Repose Cooler Internment Capsule with all the optional extras.

Warrahooyaargh
Sep 15, 2007
Oh the mundanity
That Juggalo baby coffin looks too big for the grave. They're going to have to upend it to get it in. :ohdear:

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Warrahooyaargh posted:

That Juggalo baby coffin looks too big for the grave. They're going to have to upend it to get it in. :ohdear:

A professional wrestler will elbow drop it in. Never been to a juggalo baby funeral before?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Always love this picture just for how pissed as gently caress grandma looks about having to poo poo through this retarded bullshit

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
This world and all the beauty in it. Sometimes you just want to cry.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Scooby loving doo tinder thread, alllriiiiiiiggggghhhhhht

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
My God, they're perfect for each other.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

It's like a human game of Pass The Parcel where the winner gets anal :neckbeard:

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

This is all I could ever ask for out of any relationship.

I'm so lonely. :(

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Jamesman posted:

This is all I could ever ask for out of any relationship.

I'm so lonely. :(

I'd let you dress me up in 21 t shirts :glomp:

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
"set of five"

"18 possible uses"

"bigger and with better grip", says the sticker

What's a "Fuge", you might ask? It's a gap...a slit a hole!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

spog posted:

Maybe it wasn't a very good baby?

It's not like they had that long to get attached to it.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

Some families deal with death differently. I had an aunt die and we just threw a party and everybody had a really great time. Wasn't like we hated that aunt or anything, she was just old and ready to go so we took the occasion while everyone was there to have a good time. I could see it being the same for the miscarriage of a fetus that nobody really knew or cared about.

I understand, but a miscarriage is definitely not an occasion for a party, and I have no intention of making light of it. And it can be a tough and emotional thing for couples to go through, speaking from personal experience. And I know that it's often much harder on the woman than on the man. However, I also know that it doesn't necessarily turn you into a sad, depressed sack of tears for the rest of your life. People can move past it, and heal.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

BANME.sh posted:

I understand, but a miscarriage is definitely not an occasion for a party, and I have no intention of making light of it. And it can be a tough and emotional thing for couples to go through, speaking from personal experience. And I know that it's often much harder on the woman than on the man. However, I also know that it doesn't necessarily turn you into a sad, depressed sack of tears for the rest of your life. People can move past it, and heal.

Goddamnit I had this all typed up and you beat me to it :argh:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I didn't get it until the 'move past...' part. :mmmhmm:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Maybe it's just a fancy dog funeral?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

Here lies Nibbles. He was a bad dog. We're glad he's dead.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Paladinus posted:

That's some real dedication to "Play Dead".

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
They're happy because next they get to feast on his flesh
body and blood indeed

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Sure, it makes more sense that they are happy about burying a miscarried baby than a dead dog. I take it all back.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

mng posted:

I'd let you dress me up in 21 t shirts :glomp:
That's every relationship in Scotland really so you can always come up here to get frumpy with fabric layers. :heysexy:

Meanwhile in Mexico

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Etoniichuan posted:

Mormon folks don't have the tradition of wearing black to a funeral. :ms:
Still weird to have a smiley photo with the casket though.

• Locked thread