Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So who's the lobster boy in that video?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Don't forget the costume DLC!

Is...is that Ranmaru in the top center? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

SirPhoebos posted:

So who's the lobster boy in that video?

Is...is that Ranmaru in the top center? :stare:

Pretty sure that's Aya.

Not sure who's on the right corner, Next to Ginchiyo and behind Ina.

Edit: Naotora is certainly the catgirl on the bottom.

:goonsay:

Morter fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 8, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Isn't that Naotora? Or is she the catgirl at the bottom, loving SW girl faces all look the same.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Okuni, I'll bet.

Edit: V :laugh:

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 8, 2015

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Oh, it's Okuni!

Edit: :argh:

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Morter posted:

Does Sima Yi at all ham it up, or is enjoyable? Or is he an insufferable villain like most dramas make him out to be? I actually stopped about halfway through the series, but I'll gladly pick it up again!

Sima Yi is the chillest motherfucker in the universe in the Drama.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

:shepspends:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Preordered.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy

Brony Hunter posted:

Sima Yi is the chillest motherfucker in the universe in the Drama.

Uh, actually Pang Tong is.

Followed by Sima Yi.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn players, what stage do you use for farming exp/money? (Please describe it a bit, since my copy is Chinese). And what units do you particularly like? I've been going through the roster and unlocking stuff, but nothing really sticks out for me except that 00-Raiser's ground SP attack is really strong, and the Freedoms and Justices call out the METEOR unit for their Burst. What grunts are particularly good?

And yeah I'm leveling Katejina to fight the Mushas.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

As far as making a unit combat-ready, all you really need to do is get enough kills with that unit and you'll probably get a stupidly powerful A blueprint that'll at least cover most of the early grind. I tended to use 00-Raiser but it's still worth noting that I've always liked the Qubeleys on a high-shot character, because their 360 laser charge move is just real good at clearing out troops. Unfortunately I got through the plot modes and then just kinda died out of the game because it was way, way too easy.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Schneider Heim posted:

Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn players, what stage do you use for farming exp/money? (Please describe it a bit, since my copy is Chinese). And what units do you particularly like? I've been going through the roster and unlocking stuff, but nothing really sticks out for me except that 00-Raiser's ground SP attack is really strong, and the Freedoms and Justices call out the METEOR unit for their Burst. What grunts are particularly good?

And yeah I'm leveling Katejina to fight the Mushas.

I liked using the timed mission where you get 10 minutes or whatever to kill as many dudes as possible and fight Kai, Hayato, and Amuro but you can't use Katejina for it. I just took her through all the missions in order and dumped credits into leveling her as I went.

Also I snapped this picture today:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Over 1000 hours, only 80%.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Takoluka posted:

Over 1000 hours, only 80%.

That's just for cards. I've only just recently started going for those. The only ones I'm missing are all the bullshit 10000 kills with whatever suit cards because gently caress not playing as God Gundam.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

How is the combat in that game? I'm not at all a Gundam fan (not that I hate it, just am ignorant to it), and I tried out Gundam 3 and wasn't very impressed at all.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Morter posted:

How is the combat in that game? I'm not at all a Gundam fan (not that I hate it, just am ignorant to it), and I tried out Gundam 3 and wasn't very impressed at all.

It's almost exactly the same so I"d avoid it.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Tae posted:

They should really rename it to Cao Cao and friend's rad adventures because outside of him and later Sima Yi, it drags on in parts. Even Lu Bu is more interesting than a majority of Shu/Wu scenes, especially in the last quarter of the show.
In Cao Cao's case both the actor (Chen Jianbin) and director (Gao Xixi) specifically set out to do a 'non-traditional' Cao Cao, while in Lu Bu's case the director specifically decided to focus less on the iconic "strength" and more on Lu Bu as a person and the Diaochan love story, though the latter takes precedence for him to a degree where in essence Chen Gong is the de facto warlord.

I do agree that TK2010 is full of "standing/sitting/walking and talking" exposition, sometimes between characters who should already know the answers, but at least that grants context (both for the overall Three Kingdoms story and for the show specifically) that DW8 and sometimes even DW7's stories left out, and the show gives a lot more time/weight to Wu (at least until after Yiling) than most other tellings.

Morter posted:

It's worth it just to see Cao Cao make a total fool out of Yuan Shao. The entire build-up, the reveal, is glorious.
It's so unintuitive, yet upon the reveal it's immediately obvious what Cao Cao was going for and why -- and Yuan army advisor ("strategist" in Koei-cliche-speak) Xu You only figures it out just too late to actually stop it.

Brony Hunter posted:

Most of the Shu and Wu scenes really drag, especially the endless debates about Jingzhou. Zhang Fei and Pang Tong are hillarious and quite refreshing, however.
Pang Tong's basically a bro, while Zhang Fei... :ohdear: Let's just say that a lot of Liu Bei's troubles (or at least inconveniences) are Zhang Fei's fault.

Brony Hunter posted:

The main draw is obviously the Wei stuff. Cao Cao is basically the main character for the first third or so of the show, and the last third is all about Sima Yi. They're both great characters, and Cao Pi and his attempts at scheming and winning his father's favour are quite fun to watch too.
This is built up in no small part because of how much of a loser Pi is treated as (and for public displays of filial piety forced to play along with) up until then... just look at the scene where Guan Yu is (re-)introduced to Red Hare. :stare:

Chortles fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 9, 2015

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Considering picking up one of the officer and soldier costume packs to freshen up my Ambition run with Dynasty Warriors 8, is there a image source that actually shows what I am getting as the STEAM store screenshots are annoyingly lacking?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

Considering picking up one of the officer and soldier costume packs to freshen up my Ambition run with Dynasty Warriors 8, is there a image source that actually shows what I am getting as the STEAM store screenshots are annoyingly lacking?

The KOEI Wikia tends to have pictures of every costume depicted, at least in the recent games.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

kirbysuperstar posted:

While a bunch of them are pretty eugh, I can totally get into Kai's rear end beatin outfit there.

Would legit spend cash money for Ranmaru to be included in an outfit pack like that though. :allears:

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Yardbomb posted:

While a bunch of them are pretty eugh, I can totally get into Kai's rear end beatin outfit there.
Was gonna say, but the garter and thigh-high boots take it creep territory.

Now, if they had those same exact costumes on the likes of Kenshin, Keiji, Goemon, etc... :getin:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Vincent posted:

Now, if they had those same exact costumes on the likes of Kenshin, Keiji, Goemon, etc... :getin:

I could get behind Shingen Takeda in that tiger bikini :pervert:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Or Nobunaga in all of them, as he is a confirmed crossdresser. :swoon:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Oh boy oh boy oh boy, I got the costume pack I wanted and everyone looks really, awesome, now lets pick my personal favourite for Ambition mode! Oh wait, Yuan. Why. Why are you a cook? why. Lets check the Wiki a second. Awww, of course the other pack you look better. Welp, time to wait for a STEAM Discount for the DLC.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I finally beat all the stages in Story Mode for WO3U. This is my first Warriors game since the PS2 days and it was a lot of fun. Combat has been enhanced so even though its still a mindless beat em up there a lot more moves to keep it feeling varied. Even though there were a lot of characters I'm not familiar with it was fun to watch them interact cross series and form rivalries and friendships. My only gripe is the extra Story Missions for Da Ji and Kyubi. Holy poo poo were they terrible. The story was dumb, and not b-movie entertaining dumb like the main storyline and some of the missions were dragged out by having to listen to overcomplicated ploys and plans. Every time I felt like I was finally done, more missions popped up. The ex missions were barely different from the standard versions, making the dragged out feeling even worse. Despite that, I really appreciate the amount of content available in this game and the massive number of characters.

Looking forward to playing around w Gauntlet Mode and figuring out a cool team combination. Definitely going to keep Jiu Xu, Zhang Liao, and Ginchiyo as I used them through storymode so they are leveled and geared out.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Xiahou Ba is SSS+ God Tier in WO3/WO3U, and you should be using him for everything.

Give him a weapon with Osmosis on it (5+, 10 ideal), hit R1, use his EX attack, refill your gauge, repeat literally forever. With Dragon Tongue X, he is incredibly OP even at Lv.1 and literally unstoppable at higher levels. I've promoted him 3 times, giving him tons of crystals for Atk and Spd ups, and he's just unreal.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

TINGLE! TINGLE! KOOLOO-LIMPAH!!!!!!!!!!

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Oh. My God.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Instead of Skull Kid or Happy Mask Salesman, you give us ANOTHER LINK?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I guess it's not a proper Warriors game if there isn't a character that acts like a sex offender :v:

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:
I don't get the love for Tingle. Camp characters are one thing, but he's not funny or interesting or even particularly helpful in any of the other games he's been in :confused:

EDIT: Like this DLC pack is honestly super disappointing. Young Link and Tingle? Why even bother?

Chachi fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jan 14, 2015

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
gently caress Tingle, he keeps stealing those 100+ force gems in four swords. Also his stupid extortionate map deciphering services :mad:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Here is a little story. I got SW4 when it released, and played it about the same way I played any other *Warriors game- gravitating to whichever dude had the best c-combos for mook clearing. I didn't realize what I was neglecting, when I had some other game distract me after only 10 hours in.

I came back to SW4 a couple weeks ago. Quite by accident, I mashed away at the charge button when I intended to mash the normal attack. I noticed I all the sudden was zipping all the gently caress over the place in a giant rainbowy haze and cutting down mooks like a PCP-fueled neon lawnmower. It became a new, beautiful experience for me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You played SW4 for 10 hours without ever once using a hyper attack? :psyduck:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Goddamned millenials never reading the in-game digital manuals :argh:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Leal posted:

gently caress Tingle, he keeps stealing those 100+ force gems in four swords. Also his stupid extortionate map deciphering services :mad:

Look at how big that wallet is now though, you can use it to beat your frustrations out on crowds.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He must have also like never looked at the moves list or I'm pretty sure the usual crappy Musou game tutorial tells you too.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I don't blame 5er for his mistake. Other than the hyper attack the moves have been left unaltered for the most part. If you aren't the type to experiment, you probably wouldn't notice the addition until you try out a new character. I myself only discovered Hyper when I decided to play Shingen and said to myself 'well this charge attack makes up for him being slow so I'll just keep using that...oh it looks like everyone has this type of move...wait how do I repeat that cool finisher?"

Speaking of being clueless about mechanics, several of the special item unlocks say you have to defeat the specified officer with a "rage attack". Is that different from a musou attack? What exactly does that mean?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

R3 enters Rage Mode, and your Musou during that is a Rage Attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Morter posted:

Goddamned millenials never reading the in-game digital manuals :argh:

Hey when you've been eating the same re-heated bowl of slop for almost twelve years, it doesn't usually occur to you after the 8,000th serving to hold the spoon differently.

edit: further, with how manuals these days are just digital affairs tucked away under a couple menus in the game, I don't feel too bad about saying gently caress it and diving right in to a game.