Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
February 5th is not January, Nintendo. <:mad:>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm so down with Tingle, but Young Link was like the least interesting pick they could have made. Meh, maybe he'll be cooler in action.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Jibo posted:

February 5th is not January, Nintendo. <:mad:>

never before has the west been so happy to see tingle

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I wonder if the Toon Link Amiibo will unlock a corresponding skin for Young Link. That would be sweet.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Is the Zelda amiibo out? Does she unlock anything?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Bicyclops posted:

Is the Zelda amiibo out? Does she unlock anything?

Yeah it's been out for a while - doesn't unlock anything unique, but gets a guaranteed rank 3, 3-5 star weapon for Zelda daily

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Yeah it's been out for a while - doesn't unlock anything unique, but gets a guaranteed rank 3, 3-5 star weapon for Zelda daily

And by weapon he means Dominion Rod.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Echophonic posted:

And by weapon he means Dominion Rod.

I get all 3 - I've gotten batons and rapiers nearly as often as rods

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

This is a bit unhype of me, I know, but... I purchased the Twilight Princess pack (according to the eShop) and the content isn't showing up in-game. No Twilight Princess map, no Twili Midna, none of that good stuff. What gives? What did I do wrong?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

This is a bit unhype of me, I know, but... I purchased the Twilight Princess pack (according to the eShop) and the content isn't showing up in-game. No Twilight Princess map, no Twili Midna, none of that good stuff. What gives? What did I do wrong?

This happened to me for a bit each time that new content was released and I always forget what the solution is. I think you just have to restart the game after the download.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Did it finish downloading and installing, according to your downloads section? If so try restarting the game a couple times.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Make sure it's installed in the download page, and make sure to start the game from the homescreen, not the quick start. It's finicky

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Nintendo... Just when I was beginning to think they'd kind of figured out DLC. Sigh.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Nintendo... Just when I was beginning to think they'd kind of figured out DLC. Sigh.

I would still say Nintendo has the best value on DLC these days. The installation thing is just weird and finicky. :shrug:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Rirse posted:

Young Link will be worth if we somehow got a Wind Waker costume for him.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Excels posted:

you just know there is a small vocal horde of people who are loving ecstatic they can finally play as Young Link in a game again.

I know one of these people. :(

My only issue with the DLC is they completely gave up on the artistic consistency. It looks like Nintendo shipped them the models from MM3DS and were like "yeah fine you can just use these" which is gross.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Awesome! posted:

please nintendo, give us tingle

thank you

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

that seemed pretty clear to me when i saw Link's OOT costume being a straight 3DS model port, you can expect OOT Sheik and Impa to be the same

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I get all 3 - I've gotten batons and rapiers nearly as often as rods

I've gotten a few Magical Swords and a Power Gloves (it was pretty good) from Link, but it's almost always spinners and horses. Same for Zelda, I think I've gotten one baton.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I get way more swords for Link than I get anything else, I'm pretty sure it's just random.

I have gotten 1 rupee from Donkey Kong all but two times, though. I think that amiibo hates me, while Star Fox is like my best friend. he gave me 50,000 rupees yesterday, which I didn't even know was possible.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
imagine the tingle and groose tag team that'll never be :(

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Emalde posted:

I know one of these people. :(

My only issue with the DLC is they completely gave up on the artistic consistency. It looks like Nintendo shipped them the models from MM3DS and were like "yeah fine you can just use these" which is gross.

Real talk? I'd be willing to give up artistic consistency in this game if it meant we got Toon Link, Tetra, Medli, Makar, Linebeck, Ezlo, Vaati, Din, Nayru, Farore, and all sorts of other oddball Zelda characters.

Can't say I'm all that hyped for Young Link and Tingle though. :shrug:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Perhaps in the inevitable Hyrule Warriors 2, which will be easier, and have online multiplayer that runs totally smoothly, we will get all of our favorite dream characters.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This game has SS moblins standing next to TP Dark Nuts. They already threw art consistency out the window.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Bicyclops posted:

Perhaps in the inevitable Hyrule Warriors 2, which will be easier, and have online multiplayer that runs totally smoothly, we will get all of our favorite dream characters.

Maybe they'll go full Orochi, and the next time Cia or whoever opens a portal, we'll be getting a few other Nintendo characters.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Takoluka posted:

Maybe they'll go full Orochi, and the next time Cia or whoever opens a portal, we'll be getting a few other Nintendo characters.

Nah, that would be lame. Also a hypothetical HW2 had goddamn better have Cia and Lana in it.

And as for the difficulty thing, really all they'd need to do is get rid of the damage requirement on A ranks but make actually dying a credible threat.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

chumbler posted:

Nah, that would be lame. Also a hypothetical HW2 had goddamn better have Cia and Lana in it.

Having Sterkenberg and Achilles fight alongside my East Asian warriors is pretty great. Having a Fire Emblem character or goddamn Bayonetta fight in Hyrule would be fantastic.

Also, there's no way Lana/Cia wouldn't be in it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I kind of want to buy this and tingle DLC

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

chumbler posted:

And as for the difficulty thing, really all they'd need to do is get rid of the damage requirement on A ranks but make actually dying a credible threat.

Yeah, that would pretty much do it.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Hello ladies

dorasage
Nov 3, 2008
I got Hyrule Warriors for Christmas and have pretty much been playing this non-stop. NNID is TyrantLizard so add me so we can be Adventure Mode buddies! (Though if someone could explain how this works that would be awesome)

I'm super pumped for the Majora's Mask dlc (especially Tingle. Now just add Groose nintendo :argh:).

I'm getting a wii u pro controller in March so my husband can play co-op with me. How broken is co-op for those who have played it? We tried yesterday with a wiimote not realizing that you had to waggle the stick for regular attacks. It's not fun.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

nobody knows how network links work. they're magic.

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

Network Links will pop up on your adventure mode map and you can complete those missions for better weapons and 50k rupees. Supposedly better rewards if the Link is a friend (will have little friend icon next to it).

Coop is good and I would say a pro controller is a must. The main issue I have with playing coop is that the framerate plummets on some maps and with certain characters and the game will spawn fewer enemies to compensate. Still fun though.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I wish I knew how to get rid of Network Links. Just saying you don't want to connect to the network doesn't work, as any Links you haven't beaten yet remain on the map. I have two level 99 fights that I cannot beat that have been sitting there for months now and it's really annoying because I want to fight the battles on those squares to get loot, but I can't even scratch enemies in those fights so I just lose all the time. :(

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I understand why they did this. In Majora's Mask the game focused around Kid Link so they'd make Kid Link a playable character. At least he can transform into his fierce form. Since it is a limited time transform it better be insanely overpowered because I'd rather just be in fierce form 24/7.

I shouldn't complain, but Kid Link is a little disappointing to me. It just doesn't feel like the best design decision. We already have Adult Link who by definition should be stronger than Kid Link. Oh well... maybe it'll be cool.

Also, why on earth is Skull Kid NOT playable?

To the poster who wants to get rid of network links, go to the OPTIONS menu and you can turn off Network Stuff and they should not prompt you to connect to the network anymore.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

If you choose to connect to the network a few times, eventually you will get new ones, or the old ones will vanish and then you can choose not to get them ever again. but they're useful for quick 50k rupes and a gold item or a nice weapon.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Spectacle Rock posted:

Also, why on earth is Skull Kid NOT playable?

I think mainly they had overused the Majora Moon so much already that building a moveset entirely around it wouldn't work, because any character can use his one thing that he ever does. their alternative is to make majora himself a character, which would be really weird and probably take a long time to animate.

or perhaps they didn't want people to consider Majora and Skull Kid to be the same character by including him with the mask on. who knows

he appears in young link's special which will probably get kinda old after a while but it is what it is

Excels fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 15, 2015

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I wish I knew how to get rid of Network Links. Just saying you don't want to connect to the network doesn't work, as any Links you haven't beaten yet remain on the map. I have two level 99 fights that I cannot beat that have been sitting there for months now and it's really annoying because I want to fight the battles on those squares to get loot, but I can't even scratch enemies in those fights so I just lose all the time. :(

i have had network links disappear regularly if i dont get to them within a couple play sessions of them appearing. not connecting might actually be screwing you here

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

gently caress. YES.

:sotw: :slick: :banjo: :fap: :sotw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Excels posted:

I think mainly they had overused the Majora Moon so much already that building a moveset entirely around it wouldn't work, because any character can use his one thing that he ever does. their alternative is to make majora himself a character, which would be really weird and probably take a long time to animate.

or perhaps they didn't want people to consider Majora and Skull Kid to be the same character by including him with the mask on. who knows

he appears in young link's special which will probably get kinda old after a while but it is what it is

They can give anyone and anything a moveset. The question is how much effort KT wants to actually put into something rather than either make a moveset then slap it onto Lana or see how many assets they can use from OoT and MM3ds.

• Locked thread