Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
Would McCoy be McCrory? The guy who called Charlotte the capital of the state he governs and whose one big issue he touts is how he cut unemployment benefits solely so he could officially have more people not count against his unemployment numbers? Yeah...why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Well drat why doesn't he just go the whole nine yards and become a head in a jar a la Nixon then.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

FMguru posted:

She's clearly running for the VP slot under the argument that hey you can't just send up a ticket of two well-fed white dudes against the first woman candidate for President, you gotta have some gender diversity on the ticket, just think of the optics.

Well I'd certainly be interested in another Biden/Palin debate. She's a buffoon that keeps getting invited back to *serious* political talk shows no matter how much she fucks up. It's like if Dick Morris was a woman.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Rygar201 posted:

Jomentum got this pretty good scoop today and posted it to Instagram for us. It's a New Hampshire State Senator's list of Republicans who've stolen to him about possibly running for President

http://instagram.com/p/x0KKXcSArP/

I'm voting for the mustard stain.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

radical meme posted:

Oh come on. Was he really less photogenic than this guy?

Fulchrum posted:

And yet according to records, he still has the biggest presidential list of affairs by a mile.

According to Political Legend, LBJ had a rather large D.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
There's probably no better way to ensure that history records the size of your penis, than to casually show it to a variety of politicians.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

baw posted:

A nice blast from the past about the Romney/Huckabee rivalry in 2008.

Click the link to see the Chuck Norris ad.

I remember that ad! A gay friend of mine was super excited to vote for Huckabee because of it and immediately liked the guy. I didn't have the heart to tell him...

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Full Battle Rattle posted:

He was a star, he was a star, he was a big, bright, shining star.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

I have to wonder if this deluge of 2016 GOP candidates has anything to do with Citizens United shifting the power balance towards the moneyed men, etc. and creating a bizarre hybrid of the modern primary system and the conventional politicking of days past.

Who's up for 1924 DNC: This Time, It's Republican :getin:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I think it's because every one of them is weaker than a starving horse's back legs.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Gen. Ripper posted:

I have to wonder if this deluge of 2016 GOP candidates has anything to do with Citizens United shifting the power balance towards the moneyed men, etc. and creating a bizarre hybrid of the modern primary system and the conventional politicking of days past.

Who's up for 1924 DNC: This Time, It's Republican :getin:

I think there is a lot of remorse that they'd sat the "winnable" 2012 out and don't want to be caught flatfooted again. Remember though, 2012's weak cycle was not the rule historically. There have been strong cycles and weak cycles as far back as modern primaries go. I don't think we'll have as many "qualified" candidates this cycle as we had, for example, in 2008 for the Democrats or even Republicans.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

No Kasich or Haslam on that New Hampshire list, which is good. Tougher outs for Hillary than most of their hopefuls.

FMguru posted:

She's clearly running for the VP slot under the argument that hey you can't just send up a ticket of two well-fed white dudes against the first woman candidate for President, you gotta have some gender diversity on the ticket, just think of the optics.

Ya reckon she's dumb enough to think they'd pick her over Martinez or Haley? Probably just a publicity campaign to maintain her public profile for california-related ambitions.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Bolton should be Miss Adleson 2016. He could stay in that race forever and dazzle the nation with the long shag haircut and frosted mustache combo.

Then you pair him up with Ben Carson as a running mate and sit back and watch the world burn.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bolton and Paul in a foreign policy debate would be some good television.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jackson Taus posted:

That's gonna be like an all-time list, right? Jim Gilmore is thinking about running in 2016? It'll have been 15 years since he was a mediocre-at-best Virginia Governor and the last I heard his name was when Mark Warner trounced him in 2008.

He ran for President in 2008 too! Speaking of which, sad to see that Thompson isn't thinking of another run.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I had happily forgotten about the existence of Jennifer Rubin, who - somehow - no longer supports Romney.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Supposedly he once whipped it out in order to justify Vietnam. That is not a euphemism. A reporter asked why Americans were dying in Vietnam, he pulled out his dick and yelled "This is why!"

I wonder why Obama has never tried that.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
John Thune is still telling people that he's not running for President.

Mind you, nobody's asking him to run for President either.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

De Nomolos posted:

Would McCoy be McCrory? The guy who called Charlotte the capital of the state he governs and whose one big issue he touts is how he cut unemployment benefits solely so he could officially have more people not count against his unemployment numbers? Yeah...why?

Doubtful since he's in the midst of gearing up his re-election campaign. Though watching Mayor McCheese fail spectacularly on a national stage (or more likely drop out before Iowa) would be nice.

ufarn posted:

I had happily forgotten about the existence of Jennifer Rubin, who - somehow - no longer supports Romney.

Jeb's people cut her a check first this time.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Joementum posted:

He ran for President in 2008 too! Speaking of which, sad to see that Thompson isn't thinking of another run.
Fred Thompson made it pretty clear in 2008 that he was just running because other people gave him money. He didn't seem to care much about campaigning. I mean as a Senator the guy was notorious for rarely working.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Doesn't that make him sort of perfect purity wise for the primary?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Do either Warner or Kaine run?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

FlamingLiberal posted:

Fred Thompson made it pretty clear in 2008 that he was just running because other people gave him money. He didn't seem to care much about campaigning. I mean as a Senator the guy was notorious for rarely working.

I thought he just ran as a favor to McCain to keep Huck from winning South Carolina.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It might have been. But I remember at the time a lot of people urging him to run.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Do either Warner or Kaine run?

No, Jim Webb is running. Warner might be a good vp candidate though

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Pillowpants posted:

No, Jim Webb is running. Warner might be a good vp candidate though

Jim Webb is less running and more collapsing at the starting line, between the PAC skimming/self-dealing and the whole Everything Jim Webb Has Said In The Last Twenty Years Or So thing.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

The Warszawa posted:

Jim Webb is less running and more collapsing at the starting line, between the PAC skimming/self-dealing and the whole Everything Jim Webb Has Said In The Last Twenty Years Or So thing.

The Tim Pawlenty of 2016 then?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Why else would he need all that room in his pants?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3GT9UN7nDo

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Solkanar512 posted:

The Tim Pawlenty of 2016 then?

Pawlenty was more boring than anything. Webb is being touted as being able to recapture the Lost Coalition of White Working-Class Voters, but anyone who actually has studied up on Webb knows that his plan is to aggressively alienate the people who currently vote Democratic.

Like, you guys think Obama neglected the base?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Joementum posted:

I'm really just using this as an excuse to post this picture.

The kid's :stare: face gets me every goddamn time. Including when it appears in multiple posts.

It's just the best. :allears:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

The Warszawa posted:

Pawlenty was more boring than anything. Webb is being touted as being able to recapture the Lost Coalition of White Working-Class Voters, but anyone who actually has studied up on Webb knows that his plan is to aggressively alienate the people who currently vote Democratic.

Also anyone who has actually studied up on the Lost Coalition of White Working-Class Voters™ knows there's no way dems can get them back.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Joementum posted:

I somehow forgot to post this earlier in our discussion of unfortunate Presidential candidate family photos.

Of all the loving places not to have your picture taken...

Hell, of all the loving places AT AUSCHWITZ not to have your picture taken!

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

ufarn posted:

How do I get a piece of this "make money by writing a blog that quotes other blogs" action?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Mitt Romney's people throw some shade at Jeb Bush.

quote:

His time as governor was quite a while ago.
Bush left office as governor of Florida in 2007, and hasn't held an elected position since then, unlike Mitt Romney...who left office as governor of Massachusetts in 2007 and hasn't held an elected position since then.

quote:

A substantial number of Republicans have never heard him deliver a speech. Mitt is a proven commodity
See, Mitt has already run for and lost a presidentional election. He's a proven...loser?!?

Nice to see the Romney messaging team has lost none of its demonstrated deftness.

The GOP race is like all of three days old and I'm already loving it.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

PhilippAchtel posted:

How do I get a piece of this "make money by writing a blog that quotes other blogs" action?
I think it's the principle of getting your foot in the door after which you just continue failing upwards.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

This will be Romneys 3rd attempt, right? The guys thrown away more money on this than the gdp of chad.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
(null)

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

messagemode1 posted:

I can't imagine what a presidential marriage ceremony would be like today either.

E: Glad Romney is up again.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

richardfun posted:

Of all the loving places not to have your picture taken...

Hell, of all the loving places AT AUSCHWITZ not to have your picture taken!

And why...why would you smile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

DarkCrawler posted:

And why...why would you smile?

He saw a poor person get beaten up behind the camera.

• Locked thread