Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Somehow I doubt that whatever MP saves to it is going to make up for deleting your figure fighter, not that they're hard to level up

Mario Party could be really cool, I guess you can probably pass around the gamepad for 1v3 minigames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I used to think the WiiU is really dumb, and my brother bought one of the Wind Waker models when it came out and I never even looked at it. We bought Hyrule Warriors and played on it for a while, but I had to use the nunchuck poo poo and waggle like an idiot. Later that night I popped in Smash Bros and played it on the tablet with my TV off and it was a whole lot of fun, the tablet feels comfy, and it's really cool being able to play a full HD game like that on the tablet screen. The WiiU is a whole lot of fun, if people would get over the idea that the gimmick is stupid they'd probably enjoy the console a whole lot too.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Nolgthorn posted:

I was surprised by the announcement that you cannot use your Smash amiibo to play Mario Party 10 and vice versa, is there any reason amiibos couldn't have been constructed with larger internal memory or is it a limitation of NFC?

I thought there was some sort of Amiibo data management thing so you could save data before using them for other games?

I don't quite understand what MP10 is saving to the Amiibo. Isn't it just unlocking the custom boards?

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
To touch on the amiibo thing briefly, the storage capacity for NFC is super tiny. I think people found that the amiibo chips are less than a kilobyte, and that's not uncommon.

And I believe the amiibo application lets you wipe an amiibo's memory and maybe change the "owner," from the time I spent in the menu, but the one-game's-data-at-a-time limitation has been known for a while.

In short, please purchase more amiibo, and have a nice day.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Really happy about the Wii games since I never played Galaxy 2 or the new Punch Out. I just wish I could post Miiverse screenshot crap through them.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Flameingblack posted:

I used to think the WiiU is really dumb, and my brother bought one of the Wind Waker models when it came out and I never even looked at it. We bought Hyrule Warriors and played on it for a while, but I had to use the nunchuck poo poo and waggle like an idiot. Later that night I popped in Smash Bros and played it on the tablet with my TV off and it was a whole lot of fun, the tablet feels comfy, and it's really cool being able to play a full HD game like that on the tablet screen. The WiiU is a whole lot of fun, if people would get over the idea that the gimmick is stupid they'd probably enjoy the console a whole lot too.

The truth is that people are stupid and Nintendo is cool.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

My brother and I just went out and bought Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Prime Trilogy from Gamestop over the weekend, amazing. Nintendo does this to me constantly (I bought a 3DS and a week later they announced the 3DS XL)

You should buy things more often so we keep getting cool poo poo.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

The Manticore posted:

To touch on the amiibo thing briefly, the storage capacity for NFC is super tiny. I think people found that the amiibo chips are less than a kilobyte, and that's not uncommon.

And I believe the amiibo application lets you wipe an amiibo's memory and maybe change the "owner," from the time I spent in the menu, but the one-game's-data-at-a-time limitation has been known for a while.

In short, please purchase more amiibo, and have a nice day.

Looking at the compatibility chart, it looks like all Smash Amiibo work in MP10 in some sort of read only way. The 9 characters in the game have write ability.

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/compatibility

I am going to assume that you could use your Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Bowser, etc. Amiibos to unlock that character themed board, but if you want to do that power up thing it will require write access to the Amiibo.

So far that's the only game that has a write conflict, and it will probably be limited.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Flameingblack posted:

My brother and I just went out and bought Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Prime Trilogy from Gamestop over the weekend, amazing. Nintendo does this to me constantly (I bought a 3DS and a week later they announced the 3DS XL)

You have one week to return any used game to GameStop for a full refund if you have the receipt.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Bass Bottles posted:

You have one week to return any used game to GameStop for a full refund if you have the receipt.

It was in this moment that Flameingblack realized he had been a fool.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I'm not trying to be that guy but just wanna understand, isn't galaxy 2 entirely compatible with wii-u, is there any reason to bother if you already have it?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

SectumSempra posted:

I'm not trying to be that guy but just wanna understand, isn't galaxy 2 entirely compatible with wii-u, is there any reason to bother if you already have it?

From what I saw, it looks like it kind of quick boots into Wii mode to run the game.

Look here in this neckbeard's video:

http://youtu.be/yzk1B5c2dik?t=21s

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

SectumSempra posted:

No, not really. If you don't have a copy though, then this is a great deal.

night slime
May 14, 2014
My Wii save data for Super Mario Galaxy 2 showed up on the Wii U version. I guess it's just like downloading a shortcut to the Wii mode. Also, you still can't use the home button on the gamepad which is kind of annoying.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

SectumSempra posted:

Just for those who don't want to grab the disc or don't wish to spend lots of money for a physical copy.

Its a good game and its a good thing they're giving everybody who hasn't played it the opportunity to buy it at a reasonable price.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
What was announced

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bef posted:

What was announced

Sequel to Super Metroid.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I wonder what they're gonna do about the Friend Vouchers in Metroid Prime Trilogy. You needed to collect them then send them to people on your friends list and they would turn into Something Tokens that you could use to unlock stuff. The internet stuff for it is shut down though so you can't do it anymore. Only way to get that stuff from a fresh start is to download a save file with a bunch of tokens already unlocked, I think. I figure they probably won't leave something like that dangling for the release.

Edit:

I said come in! posted:

Sequel to Super Metroid.

This is hosed up.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Is Mario Party 10 going to have online multiplayer?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Sequel to Super Metroid.

They made this it was called Other M

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

I said come in! posted:

Sequel to Super Metroid.

Don't care. What else

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

bef posted:

Don't care. What else

Kingdom Hearts 3 on wii u

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hakkesshu posted:

They made this it was called Other M

NO STOP IT WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THAT.

bef posted:

Don't care. What else

Mother 4

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Capsaicin posted:

Is Mario Party 10 going to have online multiplayer?
and can you bring another person online from the same console so you have at least one person to punch in the arm when they gently caress you over

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Canned Panda posted:

From what I saw, it looks like it kind of quick boots into Wii mode to run the game.

Look here in this neckbeard's video:

http://youtu.be/yzk1B5c2dik?t=21s

Holy poo poo, this guy.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

bef posted:

Don't care. What else

This is worse. Nobody be friends with him.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Fremry posted:

That's the asking price, and not necessarily what you will get for it. I also doubt that anyone will pay that price now that the Wii U one has been priced at $10.
No, but I bet I can get at least like ~70 from a devoted Metroid nerd because of the metal case which is a pretty good profit considering I got it from a roommate for basically nothing(taking the bulk of the chores)

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down

bef posted:

Don't care. What else

F-Zero: Other F

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

fruitpunch posted:

Wait.... Other F... Other F.... Fother!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

fruitpunch posted:

I'd be fine with a Samus-Captain Falcon buddy-bounty hunter crossover game.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

bef posted:

Don't care. What else

Super Mario Sunshine remake in HD and compatible with the Gamecube adapter if you have it.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down

elf help book posted:

no thats the F-zero x mother fanfiction I've been writing

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

THE loving MOON posted:

Welp, lots of cool stuff in that direct. FExSMT is probably toast but :siren:New Fire Emblem:siren: so it's all good.

I can't believe there's going to be a full-blown freemimum game with microtransactions on the 3DS lol

FEXSMT is Atlus's game, Intelligent System is in charge of the main series.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

elf help book posted:

Half-Life 3 confirmed!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

RyokoTK posted:

Half-Life 3 confirmed!

God bless Nintendo.

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.
Super excited about Wii games for download! I lost interest in the system after a couple of years and missed a lot of what it had to offer, so being able to buy digital versions that can be launched from the Wii U menu will be awesome. And the four games they're launching with are all ones that I missed! I will have to get a MotionPlus remote though. :(

Now we need Skyward Sword, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Xenoblade, and The Last Story, and my life will be complete.

Question: Do Metroid Prime 1&2 in the collection support widescreen?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Lemming posted:

I wonder what they're gonna do about the Friend Vouchers in Metroid Prime Trilogy. You needed to collect them then send them to people on your friends list and they would turn into Something Tokens that you could use to unlock stuff. The internet stuff for it is shut down though so you can't do it anymore. Only way to get that stuff from a fresh start is to download a save file with a bunch of tokens already unlocked, I think. I figure they probably won't leave something like that dangling for the release.

Edit:

This is hosed up.

Thanks for reminding me of the horrible concept of Friend Vouchers.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

The re-release of Punch out! On the Wii U, really reminds me: We need a sequel to the Wii version. Next Level really outdid themselves, and I think that was one of the best and most underrated games of last Gen.

They could call it Punch U Out!! and it would give my Little Mac Amiibo something to do than Side B over the edge in Smash Bros.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Devil Wears Wings posted:

Yes, but the particle effects on Samus's arm cannon are different than on gamecube because Retro was lazy with how they implemented them I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Devil Wears Wings posted:

Super excited about Wii games for download! I lost interest in the system after a couple of years and missed a lot of what it had to offer, so being able to buy digital versions that can be launched from the Wii U menu will be awesome. And the four games they're launching with are all ones that I missed! I will have to get a MotionPlus remote though. :(

Now we need Skyward Sword, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Xenoblade, and The Last Story, and my life will be complete.

They are literally the only 3 games for the Wii that I wanted to play but didn't. I'm really excited to get on Prime 3

• Locked thread