Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

mysterious frankie posted:

They can have the gun equivalent of a Nam flashback though, which is why you should never keep your gun loaded, or graft on four little legs that it can use to move around your house.

Did your mom get raped by a gun or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Did your mom get raped by a gun or something

no, I just really hate black people.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Guns can't, out of the blue, have the dog equivalent of Nam flashbacks and descend into a bloodthirsty fugue state, so yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4ChTL-3c3o

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Speaking of dogs people find scary or scary looking, I've had multiple bull mastiffs and they are the most docile dogs I've ever owned. The only issue I had with them is that they couldn't tell the difference between wanting to play vs. raw terror.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 14, 2015

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Is that a gun or a dog? I can't tell the difference between breeds, you see.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

dog buttz posted:

Speaking of dogs people find scary or scary looking, I've had multiple bull mastiffs and they are the most docile dogs I've ever owned. The only issue I had with them is that they couldn't tell the difference between wanting to play vs. raw terror.

a good friend of mine has a half mastiff and half st bernard. its a nice dog but the thing is loving massive. i usually make a great effort not to get it into 'too excited gonna play really hard mode' because im p sure the dog could beat me up

E: im not scared of it though, i'm more scared of getting knocked into my friends coffee table or something. when we're outside its no holds barred :getin:

Mr. Stingly
Sep 1, 2001

Satanic cop-killing henchman with a heart of gold
It can't be a coincidence that the rise in boutiquing dog ownership and tattoos occurred at the same time. It's really good proof that at best most people are parrots or parakeets, and mimic what they see other people doing. The problem is that dogs are annoying as gently caress and now every god drat rear end in a top hat has to have a dog. HAS TO. I need a dog yo. People gotta know I'm established, I've made it. I'm the king of a castle. This my guard dog for my Visio flat screen and Playstation Triple. I'm a big boy, I wear big boy pants.

Stop buying dogs. When the poo poo hits the fan and you're the first to hit it, your stupid dog will go feral and join a giant pack of man-eaters the survivors will have to deal with.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Feral man eating corgis would be pretty awesome.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Mr. Stingly posted:

It can't be a coincidence that the rise in boutiquing dog ownership and tattoos occurred at the same time. It's really good proof that at best most people are parrots or parakeets, and mimic what they see other people doing. The problem is that dogs are annoying as gently caress and now every god drat rear end in a top hat has to have a dog. HAS TO. I need a dog yo. People gotta know I'm established, I've made it. I'm the king of a castle. This my guard dog for my Visio flat screen and Playstation Triple. I'm a big boy, I wear big boy pants.

It's absurd how people think that adopting a living liability makes them more conducive to success. I'm apartment hunting right now, and my biggest challenge is finding a place that doesn't allow dogs because every loser in the world has to loving own one now. You live in an apartment you assholes. Why are you getting a dog when you can't even afford the house with a yard for it to run around and be a dog in.

Basically, if you have to walk your dog then you shouldn't have a dog.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

This is my akc registered (so full blooded) female great dane. She looks like a hellbeast murderhound.

Or pure insanity. Take your pick.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
one time i woke up and one of my cats was asleep on my chest, another was asleep against my legs and my dog was kind of spooning me and i felt like king of the animals

it was p nice

andydbzee
Sep 11, 2001

Guns can't, out of the blue, have the dog equivalent of Nam flashbacks and descend into a bloodthirsty fugue state, so yes.

whats this pic do for you guy? hmm... does that trigger your flashbacks hmm?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Doppelganger posted:

How are basset hounds? I've always wanted one but I thought I read somewhere that they tend to be biters.

They're kind of boring and handicapped by their own anatomy, but I don't think they're significantly more bitey than other breeds.

waaant.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
My pitbull is sweet and dumb as a loving stump but he wouldn't kill anyone. He tangles with our lab sometimes, but usually gets his rear end thrown to the ground. Most "pitbull" attacks are misidentifications of other similar looking breeds.

http://www.pickthepit.com/

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

New Leaf posted:

My pitbull is sweet and dumb as a loving stump but he wouldn't kill anyone. He tangles with our lab sometimes, but usually gets his rear end thrown to the ground. Most "pitbull" attacks are misidentifications of other similar looking breeds.

quote:

The first dog you picked was American Pit Bull Terrier. It took you 0 seconds, and 1 attempt to find the Pit. The dog most commonly picked first is the American Pit Bull Terrier, and the average time is 4 minutes 6 seconds with 8 attempts.

:smugmrgw:

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

andydbzee posted:

whats this pic do for you guy? hmm... does that trigger your flashbacks hmm?

It made me intensely interested in looking up where Doral College is. It's in Florida, which makes a great deal of sense.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Doral College: We have more teachers than our entire student body has teeth.
Doral College: Life is cheap, why shouldn't your education be?
Doral College: You probably won't get tuberculosis here; that's The Doral Promise
Doral College: Our curricula may be second rate, but our meth is second to none!
Doral College: Voted Florida's college least likely to secede from nation and declare itself a sovereign country

A little Doral humor for your there.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
Doral's got nothing on L&M University

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014

The Human Crouton posted:

It's absurd how people think that adopting a living liability makes them more conducive to success. I'm apartment hunting right now, and my biggest challenge is finding a place that doesn't allow dogs because every loser in the world has to loving own one now. You live in an apartment you assholes. Why are you getting a dog when you can't even afford the house with a yard for it to run around and be a dog in.

Ugh, and those assholes refuse to treat their animals. My roommates have a cat that stays in their room and we are still dealing with fleas because the complex and rear end in a top hat neighbors refused to treat the grounds and their animals.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

New Leaf posted:

This quiz is still stupid, you can not say that a dog is an apbt without looking at its ped. Half the dogs registered as apbts are loaded with staff blood, especially UKC show and sport lines because that club and the AKC allow dual registration of staffs as APBTs. Visually identifying an APBT is hilar.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Doral College: We have more teachers than our entire student body has teeth.
Doral College: Life is cheap, why shouldn't your education be?
Doral College: You probably won't get tuberculosis here; that's The Doral Promise
Doral College: Our curricula may be second rate, but our meth is second to none!
Doral College: Voted Florida's college least likely to secede from nation and declare itself a sovereign country

A little Doral humor for your there.

Doral College: We'd rather fight than switch

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

New Leaf posted:

Hmmm yes lets see was my dog attacked by a pitbull mix or a purebred dog that is rare in this country, each of these scenarios is equally as likely.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

This is my akc registered (so full blooded) female great dane. She looks like a hellbeast murderhound.

giant dogs that take larger-than-human sized shits are a good idea

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

yea i too have a gun its just a .22 tho

it can still kill tho thats what robbie kennedy died from :)

tada.wav
Dec 24, 2013

FogHelmut posted:

Also that die early thanks to hosed up genetics

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Mr. Stingly posted:

Stop buying dogs. When the poo poo hits the fan and you're the first to hit it, your stupid dog will go feral and join a giant pack of man-eaters the survivors will have to deal with.

Even bigger nerds than I thought

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Aren't you also the same poster that said pitbulls have a lockjaw? Good dog expert

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

They're the best idea because I can cannon it onto people's houses that I don't like.

Ramsus posted:

Aren't you also the same poster that said pitbulls have a lockjaw? Good dog expert

Pit jaws lock so they can hold on to other dogs better. Sorry that you aren't well informed.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

They're the best idea because I can cannon it onto people's houses that I don't like.

that's pretty awful, i'd rather get pitbulled than poo poo cannoned.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

The Human Crouton posted:

I have a huge yard. I still take my dogs for walks because we both need the exercise. Agree about apartment dwellers shouldn't have dogs, but the second part of your argument is dumb.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Dick Fagballzson posted:

I have a huge yard. I still take my dogs for walks because we both need the exercise. Agree about apartment dwellers shouldn't have dogs, but the second part of your argument is dumb.

I lived in an apartment with my dogs. Then I bought a house. They got more exercise and better care then than they do now.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

I rented for years with pit bulls, whattup

tada.wav
Dec 24, 2013

Superconsndar posted:

I rented for years with pit bulls, whattup

You are the queen of poor life choices though

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

Superconsndar posted:

This quiz is still stupid, you can not say that a dog is an apbt without looking at its ped. Half the dogs registered as apbts are loaded with staff blood, especially UKC show and sport lines because that club and the AKC allow dual registration of staffs as APBTs. Visually identifying an APBT is hilar.

I really like how the animal goons are like creepyass YOSPOS people with computers like they don't even care about ethical treatment or the animal's subjective experience in this world as evidenced by their huge fat lady moderator who cooked a parrot to death with a kerosene heater or something, just that they're obese (usually female) people who only get positive dopamine effects from their brain talking about how they train dogs to murder other animals in The Right Way in the same way the gaming nerds on this site talk about xbox one

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

One time someone in my building had a meltdown when they saw me walking my dog and told management I had a pitbull and they came knocking and were like "omg you can't have a pit bull" so I handed them my dogs vet paperwork which said that he was like a pointer mix or something because I had my vet put down that he was Not A Pit Bull specifically for such an occasion and they were like "oh well can't argue with vet paperwork sorry for the trouble" and hosed off lmao

I own my own house now but if you want to rent with a pit bull you can just lie!!!! #lifehacks

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Pit jaws lock so they can hold on to other dogs better. Sorry that you aren't well informed.

troll or dumb can't tell

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

bonvivant posted:

I really like how the animal goons are like creepyass YOSPOS people with computers like they don't even care about ethical treatment or the animal's subjective experience in this world as evidenced by their huge fat lady moderator who cooked a parrot to death with a kerosene heater or something, just that they're obese (usually female) people who only get positive dopamine effects from their brain talking about how they train dogs to murder other animals in The Right Way in the same way the gaming nerds on this site talk about xbox one

Yeah like pretty much

She's not a mod anymore though

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I don't care what kind of dog you own as long as you can control the drat thing, I'm really perplexed as to why some people own dogs they're not physically capable of controlling. Buy a smaller dog or lift some loving weights you morons.

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

Superconsndar posted:

One time someone in my building had a meltdown when they saw me walking my dog and told management I had a pitbull and they came knocking and were like "omg you can't have a pit bull" so I handed them my dogs vet paperwork which said that he was like a pointer mix or something because I had my vet put down that he was Not A Pit Bull specifically for such an occasion and they were like "oh well can't argue with vet paperwork sorry for the trouble" and hosed off lmao

I own my own house now but if you want to rent with a pit bull you can just lie!!!! #lifehacks

hey what happened to that one creepy bitch who was naming her rabbits then killing them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

If someone could breed a dog where the jaw literally locked I wouldn't even be mad, just impressed

• Locked thread