Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Denzine posted:

:siren: Energy Siphon Slert :siren:

on Orias, Europa for the next 50 minutes.

All newbies should get that immediately, it is the best aura in the game and you'll only ever take it off for specific use cases.

Aaaand for no discernible reason, the game and then my computer crashed in the middle of the run (to be fair, it is a POS), and I had to go eat. Thanks anyway, champ!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

loving hell, that's evil, requiring a miter.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
Yeah I'm sure a lot of people will be very sad about whether to sacrifice their godlike 6-forma Miter for a new weapon.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I never got the Miter, and not entirely sure I have any desire to grind out the parts. I may just make this a case of "gently caress it, it saves me time and headaches" and buy it.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Plus I don't want to give up my sweet throwing stars

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Mordja posted:

Aaaand for no discernible reason, the game and then my computer crashed in the middle of the run (to be fair, it is a POS), and I had to go eat. Thanks anyway, champ!

Oh I was wondering why you didn't rejoin the mission- OH you can do that now. When you crash, you'll be allowed to rejoin your previous mission immediately when you log back in.

kafziel posted:

Yeah I'm sure a lot of people will be very sad about whether to sacrifice their godlike 6-forma Miter for a new weapon.

Mine has 4! :D

I also farmed enough miter parts back in the day to make a second, so HAH! to you, DE!

double HAH!

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I have almost enough parts for a second miter, but I don't think I even put a potato in mine either. I really don't remember. I'd hate to waste a potato on it though and will probably just farm another one anyway.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Ugh.. now I'll have to finally get the Miter to 30 so I can turn it into another, hopefully better, Miter.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Fuuuuuuck you DE. Now I'm going to have to grind out another Miter. That poo poo was literally the worst thing I've done in this game, that boss fight is so loving annoying.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...
So if you have a weapon that is required for a BP, and you have more than one of those (one is leveled up, one isn't) does it let you pick which one gets used, or...?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yes.

Panzerkin3D
Dec 13, 2011

The mountains have always been here, and in them, the bears.
The damned thing can't even crit. 100 base damage with a base 1.7 fire speed.

Uncharged Miter Comparison
80% of the base damage of the Miter (100 vs 125) but fires 3 times faster (1.7 vs 0.526). So it should be 2.4 more damage than an uncharged Miters shot (or so).

Panthera vs Charged Miter
100 vs 250 (40% damage of the miter)
1.7 Shots per Second (170dps) vs 1 Shot every 2 seconds (125dps)

So its all around better than the Miter at least.

Panzerkin3D fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 15, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah but does it have any special abilities like ricohet or being able to wear the rings like a hula hoop?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Panzerkin3D posted:

So its all around better than the Miter at least.

not if it uses sniper ammo.

edit: Now that Cataclysm can be cancelled early I tried using it as a murderspam

it doesn't really work for high level stuff, but low level stuff gets rekt

edit2: if they make tentacle swarm an instant toggle-off it'll be incredible.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 15, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
So! New update, new round of spoilers.

Namely, new Void Trader stuff.
PRISMA GORGON
Adorned with void hardened prisma crystal, this Gorgon variant is prized for its beauty and enhanced mechanics.
PRISMA YAMAKO
Forged by Orokin era artisans, this exquisite syandana is finished by bathing its prisma crystal in pure void energy.
PRISMA VERITUX

As far as I can tell, the Prisma Gorgon: Slightly better crit stats (15%/2x vs 10%/1.5x), faster reload (3 sec vs 4.2), better fire rate (14.1666 vs 12.5 rps), longer spindown (1s vs 0.75), faster spinup (12 shots vs 15), bigger ammo capacity (840 vs 540), bigger magazine (120 vs 90), custom sound and appearance.

Normal/Prisma/Wraith
Damage: 25/25/27
Wraith has a heavier damage bias towards Impact. (85-10-5 vs 75-15-10 IPS)
Proc: 5%/5%/15%
Crit Chance: 10%/15%/10%
Crit Mult: 1.5/2.0/1.5
Reload: 4.2/3.0/3.0
Fire Rate: 12.5/14.16/13.3
Spindown: 0.75/1/0.75
Spinup: 15/12/10
Ammo Cap: 540/840/540
Magazine: 90/120/90
Wraith is more accurate. I don't know with the Prisma, because I don't know how to find the accuracy info.
Recoil is the same for all.

Also, for what I assume is console players, new set of skins.
OBSIDIAN GORGON SKIN
A next-generation skin for the Gorgon.
OBSIDIAN VIPER SKIN
A next-generation skin for the Viper.
OBSIDIAN TWIN VIPERS SKIN
A next-generation skin for the Twin Vipers.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jan 15, 2015

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
As I can't ever get the other special Gorgon, I'm gonna really have to bust my rear end to get that one.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Huh, I didn't know Rare Storage Containers were a thing. It had a gold fusion core, 1168 credits, 30 minutes credit booster, and a detonite injector inside. Have those always been around?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

FebrezeNinja posted:

Huh, I didn't know Rare Storage Containers were a thing. It had a gold fusion core, 1168 credits, 30 minutes credit booster, and a detonite injector inside. Have those always been around?

Not always, but at least the last few patches.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Unless panthera is particularly fun in some way I doubt I'll bother. I have lots of good guns already, so going through all the hassle of farming miter again for yet another mediocre gimmick weapon doesn't sound very appealing.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What if you can cut your enemies up, Revengeance style? :v:

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Man that stealth Shield Transference nerf hurts me deep down. :cry:

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

I literally sold my miter last night because I needed space and thought "what's an absolute garbage gun I'll never use again"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

What if you can cut your enemies up, Revengeance style? :v:

poo poo, you could do that with flux rifle back in the day. The death effects don't make killing dudes any easier, or else braton prime would be the best gun in the game.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

hup posted:

I literally sold my miter last night because I needed space and thought "what's an absolute garbage gun I'll never use again"

Could always try and hope that support will reverse that sell for you. Low chance, but if you've got nothing better to do...

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Downloading this now - signed up as hovercastle and applied via the Google Form.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

neurotech posted:

Downloading this now - signed up as hovercastle and applied via the Google Form.

You generally don't need to make a post announcing such, you just need to have an SA account from further in the past than yesterday.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
drat, I'll have to farm some parts to melt down for ducats, I want that Gorgon.

TheBigGinger
Dec 6, 2012
Hey guys. Mind if I get an invite? In-game name is TheBigGinger.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

hup posted:

Your own fault for not being a hoarder like and keeping literally everything you ever built.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
So who do I talk to about goon clan affiliation? Apparently my tiny guild, Chop Bros, wants to give it a go.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I'll toss you an alliance invite tomorrow sometime.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Did I gently caress up my clan invite request somehow? It's been a few days.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

The Oldest Man posted:

Did I gently caress up my clan invite request somehow? It's been a few days.
Yes (it helps when you don't omit spaces in your username, FYI). I'll get to it tomorrow.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Grumbling about the new not-Miter aside...

quote:

Players can now choose which Mission they would like to play when there are multiple Missions (Alerts, Syndicate, etc) on a single node.

Thank christ.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

DelphiAegis posted:

You generally don't need to make a post announcing such, you just need to have an SA account from further in the past than yesterday.

I thought as much. The main reason I posted was because my SA username is different to my Warframe username.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

That's why the form asks for both.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Kyte posted:

So! New update, new round of spoilers.

Namely, new Void Trader stuff.
PRISMA GORGON
Adorned with void hardened prisma crystal, this Gorgon variant is prized for its beauty and enhanced mechanics.
PRISMA YAMAKO
Forged by Orokin era artisans, this exquisite syandana is finished by bathing its prisma crystal in pure void energy.
PRISMA VERITUX

As far as I can tell, the Prisma Gorgon: Slightly better crit stats (15%/2x vs 10%/1.5x), faster reload (3 sec vs 4.2), better fire rate (14.1666 vs 12.5 rps), longer spindown (1s vs 0.75), faster spinup (12 shots vs 15), bigger ammo capacity (840 vs 540), bigger magazine (120 vs 90), custom sound and appearance.

Normal/Prisma/Wraith
Damage: 25/25/27
Wraith has a heavier damage bias towards Impact. (85-10-5 vs 75-15-10 IPS)
Proc: 5%/5%/15%
Crit Chance: 10%/15%/10%
Crit Mult: 1.5/2.0/1.5
Reload: 4.2/3.0/3.0
Fire Rate: 12.5/14.16/13.3
Spindown: 0.75/1/0.75
Spinup: 15/12/10
Ammo Cap: 540/840/540
Magazine: 90/120/90
Wraith is more accurate. I don't know with the Prisma, because I don't know how to find the accuracy info.
Recoil is the same for all.

Also, for what I assume is console players, new set of skins.
OBSIDIAN GORGON SKIN
A next-generation skin for the Gorgon.
OBSIDIAN VIPER SKIN
A next-generation skin for the Viper.
OBSIDIAN TWIN VIPERS SKIN
A next-generation skin for the Twin Vipers.

Unless the Prisma Gorgon is literally studded with diamonds or something, it's not worth 300+ Ducats for those stats.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
DE just needs to go full gunstacker with their next weapon and have it require a Snipetron, Miter, Torid (pre-D2.0), and Skana. Being able to stack absymal weaponry into one monstrous bayoneted gun would be hilarious, lore be damned.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I'm at lv19 with it and I'm pretty sure Panthera is objectively worse than MIter in every single way.

edit: im gonna finish it after i sleep gently caress this thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Denzine posted:

I'm at lv19 with it and I'm pretty sure Panthera is objectively worse than MIter in every single way.

edit: im gonna finish it after i sleep gently caress this thing

Well, the difference is that they might buff it. Brand new weapons that suck huge balls are more likely to get buffs.