Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

zoux posted:

Planetary loving owns.

welp zoux likes planetary time for me to throw this unread tome away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

joeburz posted:

welp zoux likes planetary time for me to throw this unread tome away

Remember when zoux said he didn't like Airplane? That was pretty dumb.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
aargh! zoux'd again!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

Remember when zoux said he didn't like Airplane? That was pretty dumb.

Zoux is this true?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
What kind of cretin doesn't like Airplane?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Zeitgueist posted:

i would post LA food pictures but I don't want to make all the other areas feel bad

poo poo, all you would have to do is post pics of In N Out and win.

Speaking of which...

http://www.foodbeast.com/news/anthony-bourdain-in-n-out/

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Pedro Almodovar's "Aéroplane"

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
In-N-Out isn't the best burger in the world, but it's pretty drat good for chain restaurant, and they added bonus is they also use good ingredients, pay pretty pretty close to a living wage, and while they are religious almost nobody knows this and they fully fund their charity(which is a Good Charity)

Best Burger in LA is probably the cause of regular fist fights, almost every major burger chain started here

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
best way to troll people who start whining about fast food workers making a living wage is to point at In-N-Out

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

euphronius posted:

I have met some really good homeschoolers if it's done right I Have no problem with it.

the problem mostly comes from homeschoolers that outright refuse all the help that school districts are usually required to offer. the system really is set up so that if you need to homeschool for reasons like your kid having problems handling being in classrooms, or serious injury etc, you can provide a very high quality home education until they're ready to handle regular school again

Jagchosis posted:

thankfully the thread got over that, now its just cippapotamus advocating genocide of Sunnis and claiming to be a dyed in the wool leftist

i maintain that everyone else should also refer to him as "alpine hitler" or "swisstler" at all times.

A Winner is Jew posted:

poo poo, all you would have to do is post pics of In N Out and win.

Speaking of which...

http://www.foodbeast.com/news/anthony-bourdain-in-n-out/

im sorry but ever since i first saw an in n out as child it has always come off to me as like a MAD magazine style name for a terrible burger place (a place where the food is so bad it goes in and then right out)

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
baker's is better than in-and-out :twisted:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Tatum Girlparts posted:

The guy it's based on was legitimately mentally unwell and a huge liar so it's not so much jingo schlock as a really sad example of his family cashing in one last time on him by making his crazybrain inspired lies more public for people to go 'uh this makes no sense'.

What was his kill count in the book he claimed? 300?

his kill count is plausible, the problem is bragging about killing over 150 people from really far away where they dont even know you're there and other people thinking that is good and makes you a national hero

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Culvers. Butter burgers best fast food burgers.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Does it count as a guilty pleasure I should be ashamed of if I like Kenny Chesney?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
If we're talking about best burger overall in Los Angeles, I'd go with The Apple Pan, but it's such subjective thing. What's objectively undeniable though, is that an In-N-Out double double is the best salty/fatty/sweet delivery system on the planet. I watched that video and loves the way Anthony Bourdain puts it, it's like a ballistic missile. The fries are completely forgettable, the shakes are good, but not great, but if you eat there on an infrequent basis, the first taste of that burger is orgasmic. The perfect blend of greasy burger, salty cheese, the sweet bun and sauce and the pungent onions. Plus the price is right.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

If you ever see one of these in the southeast, stop.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
"Places that serve corndogs alongside fries and slaw as a side for $200, Alex"

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

DemeaninDemon posted:

Does it count as a guilty pleasure I should be ashamed of if I like Kenny Chesney?

You should be ashamed yes

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i like cook-out

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

They just put one of those in near me. I'll have to try it.

On the other hand, no fresh custard.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

If we're talking about best burger overall in Los Angeles, I'd go with The Apple Pan

I feel like you go to the Apple Pan once, for the experience, but the burger isn't any better than elsewhere. It's the style. (For non-LA, it's basically a lunch counter with skilled servers and unchanged for decades)

I've been twice and felt the same both times.

quote:

but it's such subjective thing

:agreed:

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

mooyashi posted:

Not gonna lie, would definitely stop

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Guess which state capital is the only one without a fast food restaurant.

Hint: it is the same state that sued McDonalds for selling a breakfast item with "maple" in the name that contained no actual maple.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Guess which state capital is the only one without a fast food restaurant.

Hint: it is the same state that sued McDonalds for selling a breakfast item with "maple" in the name that contained no actual maple.

That pit you live in?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Zeitgueist posted:

In-N-Out isn't the best burger in the world, but it's pretty drat good for chain restaurant, and they added bonus is they also use good ingredients, pay pretty pretty close to a living wage, and while they are religious almost nobody knows this and they fully fund their charity(which is a Good Charity)

Best Burger in LA is probably the cause of regular fist fights, almost every major burger chain started here

there's an in-n-out a block away from me but i refuse to go because gently caress californians

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

please do not post pictures of me

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Badger of Basra posted:

there's an in-n-out a block away from me but i refuse to go because gently caress californians

I feel like no one who lives in California is actually a Californian, I'm one of the few people I know that was born in Los Angeles, not an out-of-stater. You only become a Californian when you move a second time to Colorado or Texas or Washington or whatever.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwR3e2iq9EI

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

which is better Vermont or new Hampshire?

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

which is better Vermont or new Hampshire?

lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Badger of Basra posted:

what are you a texan

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

mooyashi posted:

idk the one in town here isn't very good

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what are you a texan

and an austinite. they're turning this city into san francisco and it's not okay

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

new hampshire is like if you took vermont and made half the population wannabe texans instead of hill people who keep to themselves

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

new hampshire sounds pretty but i always hear about the crazy libertarians that mass emigrated there so it sounds like living there would probably suck because of the company

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

and an austinite. they're turning this city into san francisco and it's not okay

lol called it, texans are the only people to get their panties in a bunch over better people moving in

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

someone repost the libertarian burning man article, i think that was in new hampshire

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol called it, texans are the only people to get their panties in a bunch over better people moving in

ah yes, silicon valley twats: "better people"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

what can I say y'all set the bar pretty low

• Locked thread