Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh they're passing on savings

New Nintendo 3DS XL uses the same AC adapter as any Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo DSi system. Rather than raise cost of New Nintendo 3DS XL by charging consumers for a component they may already own, we are giving them the option to only buy if they need an AC adapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Good Guy Nintendo.

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]
that makes sense. the only people who are going to buy this already have a 3ds b/c nobody else cares about a thumbstick except nerds

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
don't blame nintendo, blame the eu

ewaste standards are stupid and nintendo has already pulled out of the brazilian market due to government stupidity

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This is probably good because most top reviews are just blah blah blah 10/10.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Knuc U Kinte posted:

:agreed:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pa...%2bXcXXwLlLfZlc

welp

censored hotline miami 2 coming for australia

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Miley Virus posted:

welp

i.e. they're going to sell a fuckton on gog which gives zero fucks?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Miley Virus posted:

welp

more like hugline melbourne amirite

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

univbee posted:

i.e. they're going to sell a fuckton on gog which gives zero fucks?

yeah assuming they don't specifically region lock keys for aus

they're an indie pub they won't give a gently caress tho

humble store will sell ameican keys so it's mostly a non-issue

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

man puts on animal mask and goes on hugging rampage

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

man puts on animal mask and goes on hugging rampage

oh furry convention simulator 2016

but it'd be a glomping rampage

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Miley Virus posted:

yeah assuming they don't specifically region lock keys for aus

they're an indie pub they won't give a gently caress tho

humble store will sell ameican keys so it's mostly a non-issue

i'm not sure gog's store is built to gently caress with regions like that, and kind of defeats the purpose of their whole drm-freeness

steam definitely is, a few games are hard-locked to not run in banned regions (e.g. wolfenstein new order) and to have locked diverging sku's for different territories. in those cases you flat-out can't use an external key, steam will refuse to apply it to your account

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My boyfriend in Dragon Age: Inquisition broke my heart when he told me he was gay

lmao.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Kate Gray
Kate Gray is the staff writer for Official Xbox Magazine

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

univbee posted:

i'm not sure gog's store is built to gently caress with regions like that, and kind of defeats the purpose of their whole drm-freeness

steam definitely is, a few games are hard-locked to not run in banned regions (e.g. wolfenstein new order) and to have locked diverging sku's for different territories. in those cases you flat-out can't use an external key, steam will refuse to apply it to your account

yeah i know, but region locking w/r/t actually running the game is fairly rare all things considered. key activation can be a thing but you can just vpn to america for a bit (which is technically against tos but c'mon valve won't notice)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Miley Virus posted:

yeah i know, but region locking w/r/t actually running the game is fairly rare all things considered. key activation can be a thing but you can just vpn to america for a bit (which is technically against tos but c'mon valve won't notice)

i think the "banned" games actually require this for every launch, not just for initial activation

there aren't many games where this applies as it's somewhat of a new thing, i think wolfenstein was the first one that got that nasty

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

univbee posted:

i think the "banned" games actually require this for every launch, not just for initial activation

there aren't many games where this applies as it's somewhat of a new thing, i think wolfenstein was the first one that got that nasty

well, now it also applies to everything bought by a russian

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

univbee posted:

specifically for australia (i think germany is way more stringent about wolfenstein (and in general i suppose)) sr4 was just unable to be purchased, us keys could be activated and run just fine whereas south park required a vpn to activate the key but could be run without it

so basically it's something no one's going to know until the implement the stuff into steam and steamdb fishes it out since it's up to the publisher

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

well, now it also applies to everything bought by a russian

nah that's just region locked for activation

every ubi game requires you to be in russia run it though lol

run locking is way more prevalent for russian versions overall

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

downloading super mario galaxy 2 on my wii u :getin:

Miley Virus posted:

so basically it's something no one's going to know until the implement the stuff into steam and steamdb fishes it out since it's up to the publisher

hmmm i guess this depends on the titles

dead rising 2 and wolfenstein don't work in germany (first is fully banned, and wolf has its own nazi-free version for germany)

final fantasy xiii is a weird one since there's a southeast asian version (jp audio only, english japanese and chinese text options) and a rest-of-world version (en or jp audio, en fr de it sp text options) and each is hard-locked to those territories

EDIT and yeah, russian editions are always crazy-locked down

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
i know that for the previous wolfenstein games they just replace all the swastikas with eagles and change the script so the nazis are actually neo-fascist cultists or whatever

but it really seems to me like nazis and the third reich are pretty fuckin ingrained into everything about the newest wolfenstein

what did they h ave to change? how different is it?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

i know that for the previous wolfenstein games they just replace all the swastikas with eagles and change the script so the nazis are actually neo-fascist cultists or whatever

but it really seems to me like nazis and the third reich are pretty fuckin ingrained into everything about the newest wolfenstein

it's all about "the regime"

i'm not sure on the extent of the other changes, but i think you can pretty much tell the exact same story with the right copypaste of the script, i suspect it's one of those "by the book" laws where as long as you don't actually use the word nazi or show a swastika or the stache you're fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hK4Px4O8aE

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Sagebrush posted:

yeah this would be interesting to know

they probably changed all the swastikas to the wolfenstein W like in the trailers and since hitler and the third reich are mentioned so few times and in non plot important dialogue those lines could easily be removed

the hard part is removing any mention of nazis and the fact that they control almost the entire world now

e:fb

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

Why would it be any different than previous censoring.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

this look v cool but is there any information about what the combat/gameplay is like cause the small amount of xenoblade 1 i played had crappy offline mmorpg style combat iirc

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

the monk quest giver in ffxiv won't give me the quest, i was looking forward to it too :(

e: figured it out, holy gently caress i have to trudge through such a lovely mission to get there

Liver Disaster fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 15, 2015

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

univbee posted:

downloading super mario galaxy 2 on my wii u :getin:

how does it work? is it an icon on the wii u menu or do you have to pop out to the wii emulator thing

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

carry on then posted:

how does it work? is it an icon on the wii u menu or do you have to pop out to the wii emulator thing
its an icon on the wii u menu, but they make it sound like it still uses the wii vm

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Cnidaria posted:

yeah this would be interesting to know

they probably changed all the swastikas to the wolfenstein W like in the trailers and since hitler and the third reich are mentioned so few times and in non plot important dialogue those lines could easily be removed

the hard part is removing any mention of nazis and the fact that they control almost the entire world now

e:fb

does Germany also censor wwii to the war of allied aggression

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Space-Pope posted:

its an icon on the wii u menu, but they make it sound like it still uses the wii vm

lol then it probably just mounts a disc image too

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Can't wait for that Monster Hunter, and Majora's Mask the same day!

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Wii U is the best console

still loling at PS4 havers. "yes I'd like a terrible PC with a worst OS than Linux plus no games to play. here's $400" *eats own cum jerky*

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Wii U is the best console

still loling at PS4 havers. "yes I'd like a terrible PC with a worst OS than Linux plus no games to play. here's $400" *eats own cum jerky*
Doesn't PS4 use linux

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don't know but the ps4 does come with a way to power it indefinitely out of the box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
if you have a ps4 you should power it out a window into a dumpster

• Locked thread