Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack Forge
Sep 27, 2012
http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/crying-duke-girl-wants-her-picture-taken-off-the-internet/

This.
Must.
Never.
Die.

Also, Maryland fans are the scum of the earth. Duke fans are pretentious and dorkily obnoxious. UNC fans are rammed so far up each others own assholes (literally) that they think poo poo has no smell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

anne frank fanfic posted:

first halves dont even matter, theyre so useless. if youre lucky you can pad your head start but youll jsut collapse and lose no matter waht, baylor bitch

That has been my experience...

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Sweet oop to Nunn....clownin of Northwestern has begun

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Bill Walton announcing UCLA games is the best thing

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
loving lol at that Walton/Bibby story

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
thanks iowa state for ruining our season lol

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

thanks iowa state for ruining our season lol

We aren't going to let you slump. We deny your goals.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Thoguh posted:

We aren't going to let you slump. We deny your goals.

i was wrong, we were pre slump. losing those 2 games was just bayloring, now were gonna slump cause you took out our pg and passing is already our weakest point. our defense and rebounding is good but our offense doesnt have the 3 point shooters (best is 39%) or the big dudes like isaiah austin that let our offense work last year

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
see look they dont even boo the bad calls when booing might change that one call and win them the game

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Northwestern has only been completely humiliated in one conference game so far. I'll take it.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Did they just say that 9/10 Big 12 teams have been ranked at some point this year? When was either Kansas State or Texas Tech ranked?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

OctoberBlues posted:

Did they just say that 9/10 Big 12 teams have been ranked at some point this year? When was either Kansas State or Texas Tech ranked?

K-State.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Hey, Iowa State can make threes again. That's nice.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Thoguh posted:

K-State.

Unless ESPN's website is wrong, K-State was not in the top 25 this season...

On topic, good bball game...

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
That Northwestern fan needs to put a shirt on

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

OctoberBlues posted:

Unless ESPN's website is wrong, K-State was not in the top 25 this season...

On topic, good bball game...

You're right, they topped out in "receiving votes" at around 27th. I dunno what other poll they might be including. Maybe Anne Frank Fanfic commissioned one.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Oh man...

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
drat it. At least it was a two. But holy short time.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

seriously gently caress Baylor

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
drat bdj must be doing well

sucks it couldn't be for us :(

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Well, crap. At least we came back and made it a game after a 1-16 start.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Down.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

finally we got a win against a real team, we shouldve had kansas too (and mich st in football) maybe we'll make the tournament two years in a row for the first time ever and then who knows since unlike the football team the bball team is actually pretty good in the postseason baylor bitch

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

That was a drat good game at least. I was moderately rooting for ISU, but meh.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern's end of game clock sense is baffling, but then again they are never in close games

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I am not at all used to watching Baylor not horribly cock up the final sequence of a game like that one.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

I am not at all used to watching Baylor not horribly cock up the final sequence of a game like that one.

they kinda cocked up the entire last 12 minutes or whatever to lose their 12 point safety net, see the entire first half was useless, baylor always finds a way to lose a lead

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The replay at the end of the NW game looks like the zapruder film.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

they kinda cocked up the entire last 12 minutes or whatever to lose their 12 point safety net, see the entire first half was useless, baylor always finds a way to lose a lead

Sure, but then the game was tied or within one score for the entire final minute or so and we didn't make any uniquely bad decisions like having horribly thrown inbounds passes or forgetting how much time was left like we usually do

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
i like when people quote baylor postseason records under scott drew cause its real good but theres 2 NITs in there from when they were clearly NCAA level teams so they only had 1 loss between both NIT tournaments and it makes them look even better than they are (but 2 elite eights and a sweet sixteen and a AFF championship is nice)

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

what is bob knight wearing in the sdsu wyoming game lol

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Sure, but then the game was tied or within one score for the entire final minute or so and we didn't make any uniquely bad decisions like having horribly thrown inbounds passes or forgetting how much time was left like we usually do

yeah i thought chery was dead too, it was a surprisingly good game. our offense still looks rough and our passing is bad but if we can keep our defense and rebounding how it is we can compete. and get some corners on the football team we have like 5 targets and i bet theyll all go Texas instead

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Needed that one.

Also, these end of game situations are freaking ponderous with all the reviews.

We had zero actual turnovers (three offensive fouls), and still almost lost to Northwestern. Jesus.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

oh my god unr lost to csu 98-42 and csu was without their best player

that loss at home for unlv is looking worse worse worse worse sowasd;flk j;alsfdkvm ki l l m e

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gvibes posted:

Needed that one.

Also, these end of game situations are freaking ponderous with all the reviews.

We had zero actual turnovers (three offensive fouls), and still almost lost to Northwestern. Jesus.

Northwestern is a tough out a Chicago's Big Ten Arena in front of Chicago's Big Ten Fans

I can't figure out why they wasted five seconds before fouling or why Demps didn't go for a patented Tre Demps Ill-Advised But Secretly Clutch Three at the end, but oh well

The other thing that is concerning is that Vic Law is the most hyped recruit they've had as far as I can remember and he doesn't seem to be very good.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Told ya that Mark Gottfried had won out on the stupid coaching battle.

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
It would be nice if Iowa State could hit free throws again.

Hard to bitch much about what were probably a couple missed calls on the last two plays when you lose by one and miss eight free throws.

I will bitch anyway though, that was a really really blatant push-off.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SDSU's defense is so good.

SDSU's offense is so bad.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Ross posted:

It would be nice if Iowa State could hit free throws again.

Hard to bitch much about what were probably a couple missed calls on the last two plays when you lose by one and miss eight free throws.

I will bitch anyway though, that was a really really blatant push-off.

baylor has the worst ft% in the conf after tcu

plus its no big deal to lose to the best team ever, you guys played well despite being such a small, poorly ranked, bad team with low expectations. beat kansas for us next week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

SDSU's defense is so good.

SDSU's offense is so bad.

i don't know why i sat through an entire day of local media going "unlv is so bipolar they might win :downs:" doolin is going to die out there and wood will get pushed around which makes him sad and not want to play

• Locked thread