Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Yodzilla posted:

Is this you? http://steamcommunity.com/app/264690/discussions/0/622954302098028133/

I'll let Tyler know his coin is causing you fits. :wink:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lavatein
May 5, 2009
GAUGE has a pretty cool unobtainable achievement. The central mechanic of the game is preventing a gauge from filling up, because you die if it hits the max. The dev included this impossible achievement so that the achievement gauge on your library page never fills to 100%, thus saving your Steam account from death :)

Some 100pag people get real upset about it though.

Lavatein fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 15, 2015

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

the hate achievement is pretty funny because there are a ton of dweebs who got incredibly invested in not having the character die and are creating a mod that forces her to survive. aeris died, and we have learned nothing

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012

Hog Inspector posted:

the hate achievement is pretty funny because there are a ton of dweebs who got incredibly invested in not having the character die and are creating a mod that forces her to survive. aeris died, and we have learned nothing

But she does survive if you do the Harem route. Which is why I said you can actually do precisely what the achievement says it needs done.. and then still fail to get the achievement.

I like the reborn character better than the stupid suicidal one, but I still hate that the dev didn't even put the achievement in the game.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

The only game I've ever gone out of my way to get 100% achievements in.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
So, Harebrained Schemes launched a kickstarter for Shadowrun: Hong Kong.

It reached its goal in a couple of hours.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/shadowrun-hong-kong/description

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Yodzilla posted:

Is this you? http://steamcommunity.com/app/264690/discussions/0/622954302098028133/

I'll let Tyler know his coin is causing you fits. :wink:

Whoever that is, I love them because I always :swoon: for Jojo references

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Semisponge posted:

The only game I've ever gone out of my way to get 100% achievements in.

drat, my 148 hours in SquareLogic ain't poo poo compared to that.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

I like escape goat achievements that show weird alternate solutions to rooms. In one you just make a hard jump and go directly to the exit, skipping actually doing the puzzle.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Steam user reviews system was updated. Along with the "helpful" and "not helpful" ratings you can apply to reviews, you can mark a review as "funny" and filter by such reviews.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CJacobs posted:

lol at that one guy who always comes in and calls people babies

Entitlement guy is just coming off his shift so he should be here soon

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Azran posted:

So, Harebrained Schemes launched a kickstarter for Shadowrun: Hong Kong.

It reached its goal in a couple of hours.

I was overall pretty unsatisfied with HBS's Shadowrun. The nondialog gameplay was boring as gently caress. Everything just felt 'meh'. I thought the writing was certainly better than some other games, but nothing particularly impressive, either. But still, better.

I backed them last time but will absolutely not do it this time. Good luck to them, though. Always good to have a job.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

You can only call yourself a gamer when you got all Stanley's Parable achievements without cheating :human being:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Palpek posted:

You can only call yourself a gamer when you got all Stanley's Parable achievements without cheating :human being:.

One year down, four to go :shepface:.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

One year down, four to go :shepface:.

Two years later he releases DLC.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Depth may be one of the tensest games that I have in my library. When you're playing as a diver you have no idea where the next shark attack is gonna come from and you just start panicking when your heartbeat increases.

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Is it possible to drop/get rid of gear in Lords of the Fallen?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
No, once it's in your inventory it's in there permanently.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Blattdorf posted:

Two years later he releases DLC.

That's just silly. He should release DLC one day shy of the five-year anniversary of the launch date :unsmigghh:.

And then have it be nothing but a recording of the Narrator either saying "Sucker" or thanking you for waiting depending on if you have the achievement.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Freak Futanari posted:

I was gonna go with I:h:ANIME but hell, your idea is better.

This is the best.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

The Kins posted:

The Steam user reviews system was updated. Along with the "helpful" and "not helpful" ratings you can apply to reviews, you can mark a review as "funny" and filter by such reviews.

seems like a smart move

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The Kins posted:

Wow fun allowed on Steam. This is a breakthrough.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I hope that whenever Steam OS asks you if you really want to delete a game it will offer options of Yes, No and Funny.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

SelenicMartian posted:

I hope that whenever Steam OS asks you if you really want to delete a game it will offer options of Yes, No and Funny.

Only applicable to Bad Rats. In that if you choose 'Funny', Steam will not only not delete it, but will add it to your favourites, write a positive review for you under your SteamID, and put it back on your wishlist.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
In the spirit of completely shameless Greenlight self-promotion and groveling, please consider our game GOLFINITY on GL: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=375072871

It's a procedural mini-golf game!

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
there's a procedural normal golf game on steam already

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

marshmonkey posted:

In the spirit of completely shameless Greenlight self-promotion and groveling, please consider our game GOLFINITY on GL: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=375072871

This looks like something I'd play for five minutes before getting bored of it forever.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's just silly. He should release DLC one day shy of the five-year anniversary of the launch date :unsmigghh:.

And then have it be nothing but a recording of the Narrator either saying "Sucker" or thanking you for waiting depending on if you have the achievement.

Ah, but if your release it a day before the anniversary, people might decide to just wait a few days. No, it should be released at such a moment as to tempt the player with the prospect of learning more about Stanley. That is unless you buy a different piece of DLC that will fling you into the future, but just a day before you get the five-year wait achievement.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Morter posted:

Best $2.99 I've ever spent, and no one can tell me otherwise.

It's time for another episode of our favorite game show, How Silly You Look Because You Don't Know Hats:

If you think about it, this makes the entire fedora craze even more pathetic, if that's even possible.

Yes, technically trilby is a subset of fedoras. Just like "lowrider" is a subset of "trucks". It's like you're laughing at people who own lowriders, by hopping in a Ford F-150, and going "ha ha look what a dick I look like in this truck". By confusing a neckbeard trilby with a classic fedora, you're not only doing a disservice to the hat and everything it represents, you're also missing out on a broad array of putdowns you could be using telling them how loving ignorant they are.

The More You Know...

On that note, I assume the Watchdogs hat is supposed to be based on Capone, but the artist looked at too many old washed-out photos of his white hat instead of referencing appropriate source material so they made it way too wide in front. It should come to one sharp-ish point in front, just like most fedoras of the era.

So I guess the Watchdogs hat is still good for making fun of neckbeards, in that it's a lovely example of a fedora based on broad misunderstandings of culture and a lack of research?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I get the feeling that it's a Trilby and not an actual Fedora :thejoke:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

revdrkevind posted:

It's time for another episode of our favorite game show, How Silly You Look Because You Don't Know Hats:

If you think about it, this makes the entire fedora craze even more pathetic, if that's even possible.

Yes, technically trilby is a subset of fedoras. Just like "lowrider" is a subset of "trucks". It's like you're laughing at people who own lowriders, by hopping in a Ford F-150, and going "ha ha look what a dick I look like in this truck". By confusing a neckbeard trilby with a classic fedora, you're not only doing a disservice to the hat and everything it represents, you're also missing out on a broad array of putdowns you could be using telling them how loving ignorant they are.

The More You Know...

On that note, I assume the Watchdogs hat is supposed to be based on Capone, but the artist looked at too many old washed-out photos of his white hat instead of referencing appropriate source material so they made it way too wide in front. It should come to one sharp-ish point in front, just like most fedoras of the era.

So I guess the Watchdogs hat is still good for making fun of neckbeards, in that it's a lovely example of a fedora based on broad misunderstandings of culture and a lack of research?

The fedora of posts.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

Palpek posted:

The Stanley Parable definitely helped me not care about cheevos in the slightest.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

revdrkevind posted:

The More You Know...

*raises finger* ephebophilia

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Ragequit posted:

The fedora of posts.

Seriously, dude should let it go. The fedora is forever ruined and no pedantic debate over "proper fedora terminology" is ever going to change that. In fact it probably just makes it worse.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
A neckbeard would look equally bad in a trilby or fedora.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

marshmonkey posted:

looks like this would fit good on candystand.com

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

revdrkevind posted:

The More You Know...

You're a loving dork and I'm not reading that.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

King Vidiot posted:

Seriously, dude should let it go. The fedora is forever ruined and no pedantic debate over "proper fedora terminology" is ever going to change that. In fact it probably just makes it worse.

Yes because demonstrating that there's a clear and obvious distinction between what the community you want to make fun of does, and what the thing they aspire to is actually like, is a bad thing that should be actively discouraged.

In less-shitposey news:

Finished Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines after picking it up in some flash sale, I'd heard many recommendations that it was a decent-enough RPG. If you miss that last 90s vibe of angsty white people dressing like militants while bemoaning how mom keeps asking them to do chores (loving fascist), this is the game for you. Or to put it another way, this poster is on your character's bedroom wall:

:allears:

Kinda bad old shooter mechanics, but there's an unofficial fan patch that makes everything look surprisingly good and there's quite a bit of stuff to do. Aside from forcing you to do a poo poo ton of (melee) combat later on in the game, there's a decent amount of sandbox freedom in how you approach missions with some very different gameplay possibilities for certain character types. It's a pretty decent romp, if you're into this sort of thing.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Thank god internet nerds haven't ruined the reputation of the Pork Pie Hat, the true king of Hats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Why even wear hats? Let your waxy nerdlocks flow freely.

• Locked thread