Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Valle posted:

Ah right, I see. So basically to keep your front towards an enemy tank trying to circle you, you'll go from AW to AS, while I'll go from AW to SD. I'm still sure not how people see this as "natural", but you're not the first case to ask about the reverse inverse function. I guess you're just special snowflakes! :sun:

That, and it also makes reversing in general easier. A always means counterclockwise, D always means clockwise, so I'm never driving 'backwards' so long as I'm looking in the direction I'm moving, if you get my drift. Like I said, a bit awkward to learn at first, but it means one less thing to keep track of in the heat of a brawl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Axetrain posted:

What is a worse tier 10 TD than the 268? It's an honest question. I only have 2 (the Waffle and the E3) but it doesn't seem to compare favorably to many of them. The only thing that comes to mind is the Foch, even the 183 has a gimmick it can fall back on.

Yeah, what is the current ranking of the tier10 TDs? There have been so many nerfs of them that it is getting hard to track which one is the best one nowadays.

Obj268 got ROF and HEAT nerfed.
WTF100 got smaller clip, more dispersion, and gets killed directly
E3 is great when you get to hold an alley, and not so much otherwise
E4 is basically a soft heavy with a gently caress off gun
Obj263 got buffed ROF, and have good frontal armour, but no one has one.
Foch155 got nerfed HEAT and alpha and depression, and I don't see it anymore.
183 & FV4004 have nerfed HESH pen. 183 got nerfed mobility as well.
Jpz100 have been buffed a couple of times

The most annoying TD for me is the Jpz100, due to the armour and that gently caress-off gun taking away half your health.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Axetrain posted:

What is a worse tier 10 TD than the 268? It's an honest question. I only have 2 (the Waffle and the E3) but it doesn't seem to compare favorably to many of them. The only thing that comes to mind is the Foch, even the 183 has a gimmick it can fall back on.

I saw my first Foch155 in a stronghold the other night in months. Not exaggerating either. I don't think I saw a single one during my Japanese tree grind. Even tier 9 Fochs are rare as gently caress. It got hit very hard by nerfs. I have mine unlocked but never bought it between nerfs and people in clan wars sending 1 of their 3 shots into the dirt without fail because the gun on that thing is not accurate in any sense of the word.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Seriously, the walker bulldog on north spawn karelia is just cheat mode every time. Did the same as I did last time, but my team wasn't complete poo poo, so I only got a 2nd class. However, I took a head on fight with a t71 only to come out on top with still half my health trying to take the donut. If others had joined him, I wouldn't have lived, but they didn't and he died.

Also, the game had some amazing chatter from a lowe driver. Babbling about gold shells the entire game. I was so busy trying to recreate another ace badge that I forgot to troll him about my blinged out clownshoe (no, I don't actually).

Speaking of gold shells and the earlier talk about e-100 being expensive. You suck ntrabbit. I can make up the costs of running 100% gold + food on my t10 arty in a t34 game. All 5 of my t10 arty run 100% gold + food. I do this because of the bonus splash on the gold shells and food is pretty obvious.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

AlmightyPants posted:

I saw my first Foch155 in a stronghold the other night in months. Not exaggerating either. I don't think I saw a single one during my Japanese tree grind. Even tier 9 Fochs are rare as gently caress. It got hit very hard by nerfs. I have mine unlocked but never bought it between nerfs and people in clan wars sending 1 of their 3 shots into the dirt without fail because the gun on that thing is not accurate in any sense of the word.

The Foch has catastrophic side armour that gets overmatched by 100mm guns.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I think a lot of the t10 TDs depend on what kind of pubbies you face, I've had games in my 263 with over 5k bounced damage, in other games you die early on because you run into someone who knows where to aim. With the deathstar I am playing HESH lotto, so one game goes bad and I end up with something poo poo like 2 or 3k damage done, next game starts by one shotting a BC or other medium. JPE100 is worth playing for the sound of the gun alone.

For solo pub games all of them are viable, some more map dependent than others tough. (I am a bad player but I own every T10 TD except the new brit one - gently caress the archer and achilles)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The problem with the Foch is that it was the last of the "top of the tree" tier 9 TDs added to the game, so it was balanced by the old standard against the Jagdtiger, T95, T30 and Object 704.

Then what, less than a month later, or was it two months? They completely changed tack, and decided "Let's add tier 10 TDs that have the biggest, most gently caress off guns imaginable that can pen and kill everything in sight", and suddenly not only did the scrappy little terrier of a TD with the worst gun balanced by great armour lose its reason for existing, they had nowhere to go with the tier 10 but autoloader... which they proceeded to also make too strong, and then had to nerf.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
Who wants to platoon with me and try out the new personal missions?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Looks like this post wins the thread! :suicide:

Atrocious Pirate posted:

I did say that i wouldn't be able to make a start until after Christmas / New Years. I might be able to make some-sort of a start on the weekend or latter in the week. I'm going to perform some sort of vodoo blackmagic & organise a few $ into my PayPal that way i can get the account into Premium and get some sort of Prem tank simply because last time i got into the game i wasn't able to even get into a match in the Tier 1 starter tanks. :420:

Oh I know you said you wouldn't have much time to play until later, it's just that you literally disappeared from the thread(s) and never played a single game with your new account. I interpreted your post here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3626283&userid=160170#post439067544
...as meaning you'd be playing a little here and there, and then regularly after the 5th.

I wasn't trying to sound unappreciative or anything like that, quite the opposite: I really do appreciate that you allowed me to recruit you. In fact, I'd be more than happy to provide compensation, which is what I'd planned to discuss with you before you got busy. No problem, really, I just though you decided against playing (or couldn't) because we hadn't heard from you. We'll chat more about it later.

saintonan posted:

Ugh. I am a coinflipper from the previous page, but I realized last night that I'm the opposite of most bad players in this game in that when I enter a battle, I have a good idea what my strategy should be, where I should go, what tanks I should engage, where to aim on the red tonk.

My problem is that I just can't do it. Mechanically. I take far too long to aim, it takes me forever to get angled properly, I almost always turn the wrong way when I'm reversing, and I generally look like an idiot. Going into sniper mode confounds me, since my viewpoint in sniper mode is never where I was looking right before I changed modes. I guess I need to spend an hour in the tutorial just practicing move up, aim, fire, reverse back into cover, rinse, repeat.

To be fair, this isn't quite a twitchy FPS, doing well is more dependent on reading the teams and the map and anticipating how the battle will play out. Aiming is less important when you remember the fact that your shots only go where the server wants them to due to dispersion, and there's a goddamn +/-25% variance in both penetration and damage. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't but your success largely depends on being in the right place, not clicking faster. As far as the movement and zoom problems, well, that's something else, but practice will help. I know your name, but have never played with you because you never seem to be around (at least when I am, which is not often either.)

Saint Celestine posted:

Should add: Don't do this.

I watched a replay of yours in the E-75, it was quite interesting. I like how you swung your hull & turret back and forth between shots. I'd have to see more replays, in medium tanks, to get more of a feel for how you play.

MoraleHazard posted:

For getting gud, is it smarter to stick with, say one Tier V or Tier VI tank, or perhaps play only one type of tank like mediums? I tended to jump from heavy to TD to light kind of as I felt like it, but playing a map in a TD or in a medium could be very different. Right now I'm doing just one class of tank in an evening so yesterday it was all mediums.

Well I was being mostly facetious with the "get gud" comment; I'm an insufferable rear end in a top hat in victory and defeat, and on the rare occasions I don't go full potatoe I often tell the enemy team to "get gud" or "rekt" or something along those lines. People still platoon with me though, so :iiam:

On the other hand, getting better is obviously the goal. Part of that is learning all the maps, which will take time as there are a couple dozen of them and they alter them from patch-to-patch. Alternately, play DOTA to learn all the maps simultaneously. :downsrim: Another component is learning the tanks, which lets you know what they're capable of, both driving them and facing them. Beyond that, there were a couple of points where I had epiphanies and the game just "clicked" for me, and there's not only not a better way of describing it, there's nothing I can do to help make it "click" for you. You just have to practice and try to get better, which will instantly separate you from 90% of the shitlord pubbie playerbase.

Beyond that, try out different tank classes to see what works for you: some guys prefer arty (Dandy, Juffo), some prefer Heavies (Exia), others like me prefer Medium & Light tanks because of their mobility. Also, don't rush up the tech tree; stick with one tank until you're comfortable with it, and have learned what to expect from the enemy tanks it sees, which generally means those up to two tiers above or below.

unlimited shrimp posted:

Is there a site that offers arty strategies?
For example, best placement options for maps with lots of structures or obstacles.

As mentioned, some EU player named Tyraforce is writing SPG guides on FTR: http://ftr.wot-news.com/?s=tyraforce&submit=Search

You generally position far enough back where enemies on the front line can't spot you, and usually moving up as a flank advances is a good idea. For example, on Ensk, if your team takes the field in the East you can move to F0 to get shots in the middle of the town that would normally be blocked by the buildings.

Baron Porkface posted:

I've got my first SPG, what are the most important mods for it?

A good crosshair mod (e.g. Melty's, Damocles, Jimbo's, etc.) and Battle Assistant are a start. See the OMC link above.

Atal Vataman posted:

but what about the churchill 3?

Can anyone give me some arguments for or against getting one?

Cippalippus posted:

I'm looking for tips for the Churchill 3 as well. How do I use it?

Ahahaha loving EU tankgoon trolls. :rolleyes: :jerkbag:

Rothmog posted:

So the referral program is bullshit. I can't invite people since I didn't play 1 match between mid-September and mid-November.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/content/guide/general/recruitment/

I think you're just having an issue from being inactive yourself. Once you start playing again you should be able to recruit people. If it still doesn't work, contact support.

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I may eventually come back for a few games here and there because of this. Eventually.

Also, I have to agree with Camador - if you just give up because of a match going to poo poo you are giving up the match yourself. I really am going to have to re-learn with cam or hellsau or something so I can not start as a tomato.

Hey, so how is baby Barack/Michelle? :jewish:

And I can teach you how to get gud!

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Anyone have a working hedge trimmer link that's current? I remember not having one bothering the gently caress out me.

Wow, that's a totally illegal and banned mod and you should probably look in PGS not that there's anything illegal there.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The same people who can't keep themselves from taking pictures of what they're eating and putting it on their Facebook wall.

You mean women? No wait, that'd be Pinterest.

Illegal Carrot posted:

Who wants to platoon with me and try out the new personal missions?

Sure, but I'm not going to be around until the weekend.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Now I can finally put together my own waifu crew.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
The T-55A is my waifu :swoon:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Missions seem to be working fine, but there's one little bug. When you finish one a window is apparently supposed to pop up informing you of this. But uh...

The box is broken.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

First mission: top 10 XP for light tank. Can do that in my sleep, a bot could loving do it. Oh wait, I have to survive and win, too.

2 M41 games, top XP both times, top 3 damage, both losses where I died because my top tier heavies did absolutely loving nothing.

gently caress whoever designed these missions.

e: There were 3 people on my team in the second game, myself not included. Everyone else managed <1 shot of damage.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

At least you only have to complete 225 of them to get the T-55A :thumbsup:

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Is there a list of possible missions, just to know what awaits me before I even start this poo poo.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

rossmum posted:

gently caress whoever designed these missions.

What did HT mission 4x15 end up at anyway?

fakedit: <key>damageDealt</key><key>potentialDamageReceived</key></plus><greaterOrEqual> 14000 </greaterOrEqual>

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Of course, shitlers upstairs began torrenting mid-match. Light tanks handle 800ms pings well right guys???? Guys???

(please give generously to the Help Ross Drop In A Second Phone Line And Get His Own Connection Fund)

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Tahirovic posted:

Is there a list of possible missions, just to know what awaits me before I even start this poo poo.

When you select campaign in-game, and click the first tank (only one you can click at first) it'll list all missions, and you can click'em for further details. Unless you datamine though, only the missions for the StuG IV will show.

Edit: Tried deleting cache?
VVVVVVVV

Valle fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jan 15, 2015

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
My installer can't update :frogdowns:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
These missions truly are going to be the great winrate equalizer.

"WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU DOING? HE'S ONE-SHOTTABLE!"

"I CAN'T DIE, OR I WON'T FINISH MY MISSION!"

The fact that they're typed up like 'protips' also is just a magnificent troll. Really looking forward to 'tokens' being purchasable for a buck apiece, just to sucker people in.

TD-2: Aimed Fire: "Damage one module or injure one crew member of an enemy vehicle."

Secondary Conditions: have no damaged modules or injured crew members at the end of the battle.

...since when has *anyone* ever gotten out of a battle without at least a single yellow/damaged track?

EDIT: Reading this, it sounds like the secondary conditions are entirely optional, which is a bit more sane.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jan 15, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

These missions truly are going to be the great winrate equalizer.

"WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU DOING? HE'S ONE-SHOTTABLE!"

"I CAN'T DIE, OR I WON'T FINISH MY MISSION!"

The fact that they're typed up like 'protips' also is just a magnificent troll. Really looking forward to 'tokens' being purchasable for a buck apiece, just to sucker people in.

TD-2: Aimed Fire: "Damage one module or injure one crew member of an enemy vehicle."

Secondary Conditions: have no damaged modules or injured crew members at the end of the battle.

...since when has *anyone* ever gotten out of a battle without at least a single yellow/damaged track?

Repair tracks just as the battle ends! I also like how the tip for an arty mission (kill a light tank) says that you should look to kill light tanks because they are very dangerous to artillery, they'll look for an opening in your team's defense so they can rush through and kill arty. Yeah. In 2013! That poo poo isn't even a thing any more most of the time...

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Also, it should be noted that these missions aren't passively active - you have to ~start~ a particular line's missions...so don't make the mistake of switching tank types, then realize you didn't 'start' the mission group for that line and play a battle for nothing.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Welp now to wait for WG to hand out the actionx cent now

having an L7 with okayish gun handling is nice. also t9 meds are the best stat padders ever.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Snakes in a can posted:

Welp now to wait for WG to hand out the actionx cent now

having an L7 with okayish gun handling is nice. also t9 meds are the best stat padders ever.

Yeah, I bought the FV4202 as well and now it is just sitting in the garage with 0 battles, waiting for me to A: get a Cromwell and B: train a Crew in the Cromwell.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Oh gently caress me, you have to 'start' every single mission singularly. I just finished LT-1 'with honors' and you have to go *BACK* into the Personal Missions tab to select the next LT mission.

By the way, excellent coding, WG:

First blank window is for the mission completion, second is for the secondary criteria being fulfilled.

A few bullshit low-tier missions (without secondary criteria), for people who want to be depressed reading this at work:

LT-6: Spot two enemy vehicles before they spot you.
MT-6: Cause damage to enemy vehicles of three different types. This is in a single battle, mind you. It can't be spread out.
HT-3: Destroy two enemy vehicles, destroy the vehicles of two different types. WG writes gud.
TD-4: Destroy an enemy vehicle. Remain unspotted by it at the moment of its destruction. Secondary condition: Have a camo net equipped when you do.
SPG-2: Cause 500 damage, remain unspotted.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jan 15, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

First blank window is for the mission completion, second is for the secondary criteria being fulfilled.

Actually, it isn't! Double windows only happened on the first completion for some reason. After that it's been a single window, even though I finish both criteria in one mission. No idea what that extra first window was...

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Valle posted:

Actually, it isn't! Double windows only happened on the first completion for some reason. After that it's been a single window, even though I finish both criteria in one mission. No idea what that extra first window was...

Yeah - only thing I can think of is the second window announces that you earned the "First Merit" medal.

The platoon missions are kind of a 'gently caress you,' too:

SPG-13: Be in a platoon of SPGs, cause 20% of the damage to enemy vehicles by your team, and oh...win the battle, too. It's implied that you have to ALL be in SPGs, which means relying exclusively on pubbies for spotting.

HT-11: Cause 1000hp of damage. Do not have any damaged modules or injured crewmembers at the end of the battle. That's not a secondary condition, either. Hope you like bringing two repair kits and a large medkit to those battles.

And completing these missions doesn't give you a 'ticket' apiece. You have to complete the entire loving line per tank type, at which point you get four 'tickets' (five if you finish the last mission 'with honors'). The StuG IV costs 20.

So you either have to complete four of the five tank type's fifteenth mission 'with honors' or do all five tank types. Now realize that this is just for the FIRST tank.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jan 15, 2015

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

One of the missions requires you to form a light tank platoon.

gently caress you WG.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Atomizer posted:

To be fair, this isn't quite a twitchy FPS, doing well is more dependent on reading the teams and the map and anticipating how the battle will play out. Aiming is less important when you remember the fact that your shots only go where the server wants them to due to dispersion, and there's a goddamn +/-25% variance in both penetration and damage. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't but your success largely depends on being in the right place, not clicking faster. As far as the movement and zoom problems, well, that's something else, but practice will help. I know your name, but have never played with you because you never seem to be around (at least when I am, which is not often either.)

Well, I've just started playing again after a little more than a year off, so it's not surprising I haven't platooned with many people. Plus I'm a pretty terrible player, so there's that.

It looks like lots of what were my favorite lower-tier tanks got nerfed pretty hard. The old KV1s got split into two tanks, and the new tier5 KV1s is even more hilariously OP (122mm at Tier 5 lol) but the KV-85 at tier 6 seems sluggish and the gun seems a lot worse than I remember. Maybe I'll replace the derp with the new 100mm they added and see if that helps. The Hellcat nerfs made me a sad panda, it's slow paper-mache now instead of fast paper-mache and you can't snap shot with it anymore. Working on getting a Jumbo Sherman so I'll have something fun to play again at that tier.

I've been watching Sela's streams a lot this week and it just looks like his aiming is a lot smoother than mine - he drops into sniper, points his mouse where he wants the shot to go, and boom. For me, I go into sniper and the reticle bounces all over the place. It takes me a second just to get it stable and even small mouse movements jerk the reticle around. Maybe my mouse sensitivity is too high, who knows. What you say about not being so picky about targeting is probably true, though, I should just let it fly especially if I'm >100m away from my victim.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Played a bunch of WoT Blitz yesterday. It owns and if the controls weren't that awkward, I'd give up regular WoT. The matches are shorter, there is much more potential to carry, and it's generally less frustrating. Also, nobody uses the chat.

Pubbies are still dumb as gently caress and still have to be reminded to hold their phone sideways each battle.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Holy poo poo Mittengard is awful

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
i am a gay baby

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
drat those individual missions are waaaaay too retarded to do. Who the gently caress even has the time to devote to all that poo poo?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Agrajag posted:

drat those individual missions are waaaaay too retarded to do. Who the gently caress even has the time to devote to all that poo poo?

Well there is no time constraint, so really anyone who actually wants to do them. But yes they are meant to be "hard" to ward off people from getting free tanks.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Well there is no time constraint, so really anyone who actually wants to do them. But yes they are meant to be "hard" to ward off people from getting free tanks.

And there is no meaningless grind i.e. need to grind a certain amount of XP/damage which is good for people with less time for tanks like me.

Also from FTR and supertest.

FTR posted:

Viewrange was changed as such:

- Оbject 268 from 400 to 370
- Object 263 from 410 to 390
- Object 704 from 390 to 360
- ISU-152 from 370 to 350
- Т-34 from 240 to 320 (stock turret)
- SU-85B from 390 to 310
- SU-76 from 350 to 290
- Waffentrager auf E 100 from 420 to 380
- Waffentrager auf Pz. IV from 410 to 370
- JagdPz E-100 from 400 to 390
- Rhm.-Borsig Waffentrager from 400 to 360
- JagdPanther II from 380 to 360
- Sturer Emil from 400 to 370
- Jagdpanther from 370 to 350
- Nashorn from 390 to 360
- Pz.Sfl. IVc from 380 to 340
- Marder 38T from 360 to 320
- Marder II from 350 to 310
- Panzerjager I from 330 to 300
- T110E4 from 400 to 390
- T110E3 from 400 to 390
- T29 c 330 to 350 (stock turret)
- T40 from 400 to 310
- T67 from 370 to 340 (elite turret) / from 350 to 320 (stock turret)
- M8A1 from 370 to 320 (both turrets)
- T82 from 370 to 300
- AMX 50 Foch (155) from 400 to 380
- AMX 50 Foch from 390 to 380
- ARL 44 from 330 to 350 (elite turret) / from 320 to 340 (stock turret)
- S35 CA from 400 to 340
- UE 57 from 360 to 320
- Renault FT AC from 330 to 300
- FV215b (183) from 400 to 390
- Alecto from 390 to 330
- Valentine AT from 360 to 320
- Universal Carrier 2-pdr from 330 to 300

An across the board nerf of view range for all lightly armoured TDs. RIP SU-85B if this goes through.
Also, lol at the Jagdzilla getting better view range than the WTF100

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Bummer that they're just changing the VR on TDs. And the FCM36 is conspicuously absent from that list. It's good to be a premium, I guess.

Also:

FTR posted:

- some light tanks rebalanced: M41 and T37 nerf [...]

Well that's just completely out of left-field.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Why would they nerf view range on light tanks?!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Oh poo poo, they got the Alecto

:rip:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Don't see the hellcat in there....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

saintonan posted:

I've been watching Sela's streams a lot this week and it just looks like his aiming is a lot smoother than mine - he drops into sniper, points his mouse where he wants the shot to go, and boom. For me, I go into sniper and the reticle bounces all over the place. It takes me a second just to get it stable and even small mouse movements jerk the reticle around. Maybe my mouse sensitivity is too high, who knows. What you say about not being so picky about targeting is probably true, though, I should just let it fly especially if I'm >100m away from my victim.

Using dynamic crosshairs stabilizes your gunsight so if you hit a bump it doesn't rock up and down. Otherwise I find using a lower senstivity makes you more accurate to drag more mouse to move the crosshair for finetuning.