Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I learned in T5 that if there is a shiny border around an arena i probably shouldn't step in it. :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

T11 Wall Chicken is a fun game to play while you wait for the other group to finish dying

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

I'm getting scattered reports of people still thinking ffgoons.com is still broken. It has not been broken since before 10 AM EST. If it still looks broken, tell your browser to shut the gently caress up and stop caching stupid poo poo by holding shift while clicking reload.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Algid posted:

That's the problem with queuing as a tank instead of dps for me, I can't guarantee enough dps to skip bullshit mechanics and have a fast run.

That's why you go full Strength Warrior and dominate the meters yourself.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

I've been doing this since day 1 of 2.4 and finally this piece of poo poo records me doing it.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Vermain posted:

That's why you go full Strength Warrior and dominate the meters yourself.
I do wear full strength right side. Pretty sure it's still not going to do 550+ dps.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

nutranurse posted:

Did you ever play any of the translated Dragon Quests? It's a squeenix thing, not aping GoT. Olde English existed long before GRUM put pen to paper.

The old DQ games using the occasional Thee or Thou, or even the more recent ones like DQ4's lovely attempt at typing out accents, isn't even close to FF14's writing style. A style that just happens to heavily mirror GURM's writing for ASOIAF.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Boten Anna posted:

I'm getting scattered reports of people still thinking ffgoons.com is still broken. It has not been broken since before 10 AM EST. If it still looks broken, tell your browser to shut the gently caress up and stop caching stupid poo poo by holding shift while clicking reload.

It's fine, I know because I updated the patch banner :v:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Vaguido posted:

I've been doing this since day 1 of 2.4 and finally this piece of poo poo records me doing it.

Impurities had to be removed from the gold ore of Gumdrop before it could be made an ingot

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Ugh, I hate my first post in this thread to be so nooby, but which server should I pick if Excaliber is closed? It seems like all of the Goon clans are there, based on the OP, so I haven't the slightest which one I should pick!

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

barren_sky posted:

Ugh, I hate my first post in this thread to be so nooby, but which server should I pick if Excaliber is closed? It seems like all of the Goon clans are there, based on the OP, so I haven't the slightest which one I should pick!

You should pick Excalibur in like 6 hours.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Am I going crazy or can I not mouse over The MMO HMO and move up to get back to games anymore?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
in the grim post apocalyptic future of 200X there is only the MMO HMO

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Garrand posted:

So I started up a trial and created a character. I gained control of my character to get my first quest and was immediately messaged by someone selling whatever currency is used in this game. Just how bad are the RMT spammers in this game?
Depending where you're standing and the time of day you could get a few spams per hour. But if you're not expecting a message from a friend or putting together a party manually with people outside your FC/linkshells you may as well just route Tell to another log window anyway. You can also turn the Tell noise off or change it.

Spaceman Future! posted:

You should pick Excalibur in like 6 hours.
Yeah do what he said, don't rely on the announcements, just try making one in the dead of night and have an appearance data saved to make it easier. We can't tell you exactly when because it just needs to be when enough people are logged off and that could change, but since it's midweek, late (early?) tonight is an excellent chance.

If that fails just try it a little later. If you don't have any luck tonight try again tomorrow. In the meantime the OP does list the other goon groups just below the Excal stuff, but if you're US you really ought to try for Excal while you don't have much to lose.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Quick shout out to some ultros goons for one shotting t9 with me and getting my clear into fcob. No matter what ghetto server you're on, the spirit of goons helping goons shines palely on

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Evil Fluffy posted:

The old DQ games using the occasional Thee or Thou, or even the more recent ones like DQ4's lovely attempt at typing out accents, isn't even close to FF14's writing style. A style that just happens to heavily mirror GURM's writing for ASOIAF.
Look at the scripts to the FFT relocalization, or FF12, or FFTA2. It was an Alex O. Smith thing that became a Squenix thing.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Look at the scripts to the FFT relocalization, or FF12, or FFTA2. It was an Alex O. Smith thing that became a Squenix thing.
I think I even spotted a "blame yourself or god" somewhere in FFXIV already...

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

CrashCat posted:

I think I even spotted a "blame yourself or god" somewhere in FFXIV already...

Did you get a good feeling?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The old timey writing in this game is really bad and annoying, but the localization is good otherwise so i guess it evens out.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Quick Warrior question: what should my fifth cross-class skill be? I've got Flash, Convalescence, Awareness, and Provoke so far. Second Wind seems kinda bad (only pulling about 1k with Berserk up), and I'm told Featherfoot doesn't work on a lot of Coil stuff. Does it work for regular dungeons, or should I just run with Internal Release instead?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Whizbang posted:

Did you get a good feeling?

Ninja attacks Wiznaibus

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Vermain posted:

Quick Warrior question: what should my fifth cross-class skill be? I've got Flash, Convalescence, Awareness, and Provoke so far. Second Wind seems kinda bad (only pulling about 1k with Berserk up), and I'm told Featherfoot doesn't work on a lot of Coil stuff. Does it work for regular dungeons, or should I just run with Internal Release instead?
fracture

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vermain posted:

Inner Release is good, especially when you're AOEing. When you're full infuriated that's an extra 20% chance to crit, combine it with Berserk and you can get some insane Inner Beast numbers. There's also Mantra which is not insignficant, especially if you don't have a monk in your group or you can coordinate usage with your monk (because your lesser version will overwrite the monk's).

shas
Jul 27, 2011

fracture

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Call me an old fart, but the font text on speech bubbles is too drat small. Outside of having dialogue show up on the chat window, as a workaround, is there anyway to increase font or bubble size?

edit:im not sure if i asked thisd before or not

Honest Thief fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jan 15, 2015

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Honest Thief posted:

Call me an old fart, but the font text on speech bubbles is too drat small. Outside of having dialogue show up on the chat window, as a workaround, is there anyway to increase font or bubble size?

edit:im not sure if i asked thisd before or not
It's a real concern for young farts too. High resolution computer monitors make the text super-tiny at full quality, and for some reason text bubbles are the only thing that isn't scaled larger by the user interface size option.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Algid posted:

That's the problem with queuing as a tank instead of dpsscholar for me, I can't guarantee enough dps to skip bullshit mechanics and have a fast run.
Always queue as scholar in my opinion.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Are any of the cash shop items sellable on the MB, or are they all non-tradable? It'd be cool to get some extra gil without grinding for ages.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

only the eternal bond bracers

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Smart Car posted:

Always queue as scholar in my opinion.

I'm doing this, and it's the best.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
mr face is the gift that keeps on giving

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
That's legitimately disturbing. :stare:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

mr face is the gift that keeps on giving

Mr. Face for boss of Alexander raid?

Lori
Oct 6, 2011

The stars aligned in a way so perfect that the resulting beam of light gave me a free 100% on a 3 star craft that was being a tremendous pain in my rear end. :3:

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Lori posted:

The stars aligned in a way so perfect that the resulting beam of light gave me a free 100% on a 3 star craft that was being a tremendous pain in my rear end. :3:

Are you doing that poo poo without reclaim? I don't see it on your bar anywhere. Or PbP either.

Lori
Oct 6, 2011
I don't have ARM or CUL at 50 yet, but I'm leveling ARM right now because Piece by Piece is going to save me one massive headache.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
:stare:

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Lori posted:

I don't have ARM or CUL at 50 yet, but I'm leveling ARM right now because Piece by Piece is going to save me one massive headache.

Oh man. You should really hurry along that ARM 50. It will make 3 stars so much easier for you.

I don't even know why you're doing them without ARM 50 yet. I'm sure there's reasons, but you're really just tormenting yourself.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Lori posted:

I just want to say that you're completely insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Samba De Amigo posted:

Oh man. You should really hurry along that ARM 50. It will make 3 stars so much easier for you.

I don't even know why you're doing them without ARM 50 yet. I'm sure there's reasons, but you're really just tormenting yourself.
Oh right, what is the preferred order for trade skills again to get all the good abilities? I remember someone posted all that but it's not in the OP and I stupidly didn't save it.

Or just a list of the must have abilities and I can fill in the blanks.

• Locked thread