Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Neat, I liked the Injustice thing for the small amount of time I played it, if they just c/p'd it but with wrestlers instead I'll call it a win.

Yeah, game play is EXACTLY the same as Injustice. Which I liked but didn't play a ton of because I just used the goon account that was fully leveled to get all the stuff for console version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Cool, between that and tinkering on the card game I now have many good options for wrestlers to amuse me while I poop.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Trish's face looks so bad in that art

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

oatgan posted:

Trish's face looks so bad in that art

A lot of the likenesses are real, real bad.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
I like how they couldn't come up with anything for Big Show other than Lumberjack

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
They all look like poo poo, except Authority HHH, who's just HHH in a suit.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I guess it's only on the iStore now, but this should be cool since Injustice is my current game i play on bart rides or whatever. might as well end up with an evil goat demon daniel bryan

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
How the whiffed so hard on the obvious AJ/Kitana character is beyond me.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Aw looks like Immortals is not out on android yet as far as I can tell(not on the play store that I can see) :(

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TheHock posted:

How the whiffed so hard on the obvious AJ/Kitana character is beyond me.

AJs not even in it. In fact the selection of characters is super weird. There's at least 2, and up to 4 versions of everyone who is in the game, but the roster is just Bryan, Kane, 'Taker, HHH, Sheamus, Big Show, Cena, Reigns, Trish, and the Bellas. That's it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

TheJoker138 posted:

AJs not even in it. In fact the selection of characters is super weird. There's at least 2, and up to 4 versions of everyone who is in the game, but the roster is just Bryan, Kane, 'Taker, HHH, Sheamus, Big Show, Cena, Reigns, Trish, and the Bellas. That's it.

Paige is in the game. She's a sorceress!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Paige is in the game. She's a sorceress!

I don't know how I forgot her when she's the card I've been focusing on leveling up.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

TheJoker138 posted:

I realize that, I just think it's a weird oversight to include Trish (who hasn't been a regular in a long time) and not the most popular (current) Diva who's actually dressed up as one of their characters in the past. I mean, she could've said "No" but I doubt it.

I can't tell if I like this game more or less than Super Card. It certainly requires a lot more of my attention. I'm running with Big Show, Paige and Roman, but I really want that dumb zombie Undertaker.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TheHock posted:

I realize that, I just think it's a weird oversight to include Trish (who hasn't been a regular in a long time) and not the most popular (current) Diva who's actually dressed up as one of their characters in the past. I mean, she could've said "No" but I doubt it.

I can't tell if I like this game more or less than Super Card. It certainly requires a lot more of my attention. I'm running with Big Show, Paige and Roman, but I really want that dumb zombie Undertaker.

Oh I agree it's really weird. I'm wondering if it's residual CM Punk poo poo, knowing WWE.

I'm also wondering if they're going to support this with more characters as time goes on. What I need to do is get someone other than Trish in my main deck, probably 'Taker, because Trish and Paige drain each others powers, but 'Taker works well with Paige and Kane, who are the other two in there.

Also this game is better than Supercard because it is an actual game, unlike Supercard.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Mayostard posted:

I like how they couldn't come up with anything for Big Show other than Lumberjack

I kind of want to play, specifically for Lumberjack Big Show.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

TheJoker138 posted:

I'm also wondering if they're going to support this with more characters as time goes on.

Assuming it's successful then I don't see why not. A game this simple can't be too difficult to balance, if balance is even really a concern, so they could probably add anyone they want given the time, art assets, and likeness rights.

In a year's time we could have an alternate universe Hideo Itami who looks and plays suspiciously like Yoshimitsu.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I've got my Paige card about halfway leveled up (I spent $5 on coins cause I'm having fun with it) and they just need to scrap the 2K games and let Netherrealm make a full console version of this game. It's the best wrestling game to come out in the last year.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DoctorDelaware posted:

I kind of want to play, specifically for Lumberjack Big Show.

Log how

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

John Cena can't summon a military vehicle to run over the Big Show, he's just too big.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Delsaber posted:

Assuming it's successful then I don't see why not. A game this simple can't be too difficult to balance, if balance is even really a concern, so they could probably add anyone they want given the time, art assets, and likeness rights.

In a year's time we could have an alternate universe Hideo Itami who looks and plays suspiciously like Yoshimitsu.

Injustice mobile had a ton of support over time (they included a character or two that weren't even in the console game) so I wouldn't be surprised, especially if the game proves to be popular. Netherrealm in general is really enthusiastic about updating their poo poo.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I like how Trish's last gear upgrade, instead of being equipment or an abstract concept like most people, is just Lita.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

I like how Trish's last gear upgrade, instead of being equipment or an abstract concept like most people, is just Lita.

Undertaker's first booster upgrade thing is Paul Bearer.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Wow I just had a Legendary support cart drop in Supercard. And it was a manager card too! Sweet.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'd check out a non-mobile release of Immortals. The character designs are hilarious but there's not enough gameplay in the mobile version for me to bother to slog through to unlock anyone else. Will be scouring youtube for finisher animations.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I've watched some direct recorded footage of Immortals and yeah, it's fun to watch but I'm not seeing anything that makes me want to actually play it. It's the same team so I'd hope an actual fighting game for consoles can be made out of it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
The 'plot' of this game is also amazing. Bray Wyatt uncovered a Dark Lantern, but then was betrayed by the Authority who used it without understanding it, thus tearing open holes to alternate dimensions.

Except Daniel Bryan Yes! Movement and Authority Triple H are just the regular universe D-Bry and Trips vs Super Cena etc. Which is ridiculously hilarious to me. Honestly ages ago when I heard "An RPG featuring WWE Superstars" this was a small fraction of what I had in mind, I want them to expand on this concept.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'm screaming right now. Make this a plot on RAW and just go buckwild with it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
They accurately captured the fact that Steph has no faces other than 'smug and scheming rear end in a top hat'.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I posted those on Twitter and someone asked me if it was Saints Row 5.

I really wish it was.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't think this is up on Google Play yet but for those playing, is it as expensive as Injustice was? I installed that a while ago and found the price points of almost everything to be pretty high. If I can get a decent experience from Immortals for ~$5-10 I'd call that reasonable.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sounds like it's the same then, thanks. How much do you think it'd cost to unlock the whole roster, ballpark?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Sounds like it's the same then, thanks. How much do you think it'd cost to unlock the whole roster, ballpark?

500K maybe? Dudes run from 9-22K, there's like 20 of them. Plus they all have gear and levels to buy.

Edit: wow I was super misremembering

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I don't know but this is what some of the top characters cost

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Stone Watcher
The Rock

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Snacksmaniac posted:

Stone Watcher
The Rock

I think they forgot to hyphenate. See, he's a watcher MADE of stone, not someone who watches stones :v:

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I understand all of those expect Lumberjack Big Show. Why would he be a lumberjack? What is a lumberjack doing alongside demons and superheroes?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pressedbunny posted:

I understand all of those expect Lumberjack Big Show. Why would he be a lumberjack? What is a lumberjack doing alongside demons and superheroes?

Daniel Bryan's first character is Literally Daniel Bryan but Lumberjack Big Show is what sets you off?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

pressedbunny posted:

Paul Bunyan was a pretty big dude. I dunno, I guess they could've made him a giant in the vein of Goliath or something but this way he gets an axe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

IcePhoenix posted:

Daniel Bryan's first character is Literally Daniel Bryan but Lumberjack Big Show is what sets you off?
Didn't know that. Ah. Well that's... that's bizarre. They don't make any attempt to differentiate Immortals DB from everyday DB at all?

Hell, if anything, he's more of a lumberjack than Big Show.