Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

New Ufommammut this year 😊

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Finally I get to go to a good show like other people in this thread:
Just announced: YOB w/Witch Mountain and Generation of Vipers at the Hideaway in Johnson City Tennessee March 27th 2015.
Stoked!

edit:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

New Ufommammut this year 😊

Very excited for that.

UFOTacoMan fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jan 12, 2015

Spinal Pap
Jun 24, 2007

uh-

Polegrinder posted:

MONOLORD covering Black Sabbath's Fairies Wear Boots - https://soundcloud.com/cvltnation/monolord-fairies-wear-boots

and a new song from their next full length out in APRIL - https://soundcloud.com/easyriderrecords/monolord-cursing-the-one/s-vlqMv
Monolord owns. If you're not listening to this and their first album you're missing out.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Just announced: YOB w/Witch Mountain and Generation of Vipers at the Hideaway in Johnson City Tennessee March 27th 2015.
Stoked!

edit:

Very excited for that.

How? The singer for Witch Mountain quit before their new album even came out. Did they already find a replacement?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

How? The singer for Witch Mountain quit before their new album even came out. Did they already find a replacement?

No idea, The Hideaway just announced the show on their Facebook page. No other details.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Polegrinder posted:

MONOLORD covering Black Sabbath's Fairies Wear Boots - https://soundcloud.com/cvltnation/monolord-fairies-wear-boots

This is so loving rad.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Did you guys miss these?

http://www.cvltnation.com/cvlt-nation-sessions-black-sabbath-master-reality/
http://www.cvltnation.com/black-sabbath-paranoid-the-cvlt-nation-sessions/

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Sorry to say that Dragged Into Sunlight won't be making it to Maryland Deathfest this year (and as a result probably no US tour either). Sucks but poo poo happens :(

Slurps Mad Rips
Jan 25, 2009

Bwaltow!

A band named Howling Giant just released a self titled EP. http://howlinggiant.bandcamp.com

You can find older recordings of their song Husk and Whale Lord when they were a 4 man band at http://skldzr.bandcamp.com

zenless
Feb 13, 2005
Ugh, want to see Yob but have no interest in Enslaved.. why isn't YOB headlining??

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

zenless posted:

Ugh, want to see Yob but have no interest in Enslaved.. why isn't YOB headlining??

Shouldn't you be happy that you can see them and then leave? I'm sure YOB will get a full hour.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
YOB are amazing live and you can just leave after them if you're not interested in seeing Enslaved. I would, they're well worth whatever the tickets are.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yob are AMAZING live. I saw them play as part of a small metal festival in London a few years back, their set was short enough but still excellent!

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

zenless posted:

Enslaved are actually pretty good live. I caught them opening for Amon Amarth without really knowing much about them and was really impressed with their show. I say go for Yob for sure, and then give Enslaved a chance. Not much to lose, yeah?

Also, super jealous of you people that will be able to catch that tour. Atlanta is the closest they're coming to me and that's like 7-8 hours away. Floridaaaaa :doom:

zenless
Feb 13, 2005

Shakenbaker posted:

Enslaved are actually pretty good live. I caught them opening for Amon Amarth without really knowing much about them and was really impressed with their show. I say go for Yob for sure, and then give Enslaved a chance. Not much to lose, yeah?

Also, super jealous of you people that will be able to catch that tour. Atlanta is the closest they're coming to me and that's like 7-8 hours away. Floridaaaaa :doom:

I think I will, love me some YOB. Their new album is the balls too. They play 4 or 5 songs and i'd be super happy.

zenless
Feb 13, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Shouldn't you be happy that you can see them and then leave? I'm sure YOB will get a full hour.

Yeah, or stay and have another beer or two while Enslaved plays. Live talented musicians are fun, just found it odd that they're touring with a (one time?) Black Metal band. Too bad Witch Mountain won't be around for the show in Boston.

I'm way more excited about the possibility of seeing YOB than Electric Wizard. I'd rather give my money and see Mike Scheidt 100 times out of 100 than to Jus.

zenless fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jan 15, 2015

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Stoked!

I think that I'm with UFOTofuTacoCat and excited to get my ear holes annihilated in a small venue like this...

It will be my first visit to The Hide Away

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

zenless posted:

I guess that just depends on which tour date you're catching them on

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

I think that I'm with UFOTofuTacoCat and excited to get my ear holes annihilated in a small venue like this...

It will be my first visit to The Hide Away

The Hideaway is a little over an hour away from me so I've only been there once to see Windhand. The Windhand show had a good crowd but it wasn't packed out. They say they are going to sell online tickets for the YOB show so I'm going to try to get on that so I don't have to show up early to make sure I get in.

The Hideaway has a stage that's maybe a foot and half tall, it's in the front so when you come in the front door it's actually directly on your left, right through those windows in the picture. The sound system is pretty good. There's a bar in the back perpendicular to the stage and sits up higher so you can see from there. The bathrooms are pretty terrible, there was a poor dude trying to take a poop in with no door on the stall so everyone coming into pee got to chill with him. The rest of the area around the Hideaway seemed pretty dead around that time of night.

BoBtheImpaler
Oct 11, 2002
Dinosaur Gum
Sleep is announcing a bunch of dates on Facebook. Two shows on 4/20. They're coming to Austin May 1, and I'm losing my poo poo over it right now.

zenless
Feb 13, 2005
Sober Matt Pike is working his rear end off.

mekrob
Sep 4, 2003
Sweet, Sleep is one of the headliners at Psycho California. Not too surprising, since OM was already in the lineup.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Got tickets for the Wiz in Baltimore. Week before is Swans in the same spot so I'm quite a happy boy.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Does this whole thread live in East TN? I'm from Knoxville and for sure gonna be at the YOB show, Just wondering who's gonna sing for Witch Mountain.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Starting up some work putting on bands in the UK. I'm really behind on my doom metal though, any recommendations for interesting small bands?

We are throwing most of our money at the bigger bands from the likes of the US, but it'd be goof to check out some that could be decent supports for tours or one offs.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Possibly Chicken posted:

Just wondering who's gonna sing for Witch Mountain.

According to this recent interview, Uta is still going to carry out the album's touring cycle.

Rudest Buddhist
May 26, 2005

You only lose what you cling to, bitch.
Fun Shoe
Oh my. Psycho California is going to rip this year!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Great! I really wanted to see them with her at least.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Possibly Chicken posted:

Does this whole thread live in East TN? I'm from Knoxville and for sure gonna be at the YOB show, Just wondering who's gonna sing for Witch Mountain.

Live in Nashville. Both TN shows are 4 hours in either direction. loving hell.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Live in Nashville. Both TN shows are 4 hours in either direction. loving hell.

East Tennessee>west Tennessee. Plus from what I've heard the Hideaway is a nice little venue.

Poffo
Oct 26, 2005
Rawr!

Solefald posted:

Starting up some work putting on bands in the UK. I'm really behind on my doom metal though, any recommendations for interesting small bands?

We are throwing most of our money at the bigger bands from the likes of the US, but it'd be goof to check out some that could be decent supports for tours or one offs.

I caught Sea Bastard last time I was in the UK, don't know about small but they really blew me away. Scabrous is a killer album.

https://seabastard.bandcamp.com/album/scabrous

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Solefald posted:

Vodun (UK), Sunwølf (UK), and Weed Priest (Ireland) are probably worth a listen.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Seconding Sea Bastard, I haven't seen them live yet (looking forward to Temples fest) but their albums loving rock. Bong, Bossk and Buried Sleeper are good too. Are Esoteric and Ramesses still together?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Also please book lots of shows in Bristol.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Solefald posted:

https://kinggoat.bandcamp.com/

The Dry Cough roster is worth a look as a whole to be honest (they put out the last Sea Bastard): https://drycough.bandcamp.com/

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Thanks for the recommendations guys.
We're already putting on Sea Bastard. Worked with Bossk a bit and while they're lovely folk, it's a pain trying to get them to do anything sometimes, haha. Ramasses isn't around anymore but 11PARANOIAS is close enough, I've got a small plan underway with them at the moment so we'll see how that goes, personally I think everyone should see them live while they can. Esoteric are still together, not spoke to Greg recently but they toured the UK last March, so I don't know if they're gonna play the same cities anytime soon.

For Bristol gigs I recommend keeping an eye on You're Not Human. Sofi is one of the better promoters here in the UK and she puts on some fantastic shows in Bristol and the South West. If you're in a band and ever get the chance to work with Sofi, then do it, DO IT. The second we arrived at the venue for one show she presented us with very very good lady jazz green :3: and never ending beer & food. the guys in 11PARANOIAS and Ghold ate all the pizza though :(

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Press pass for Electric Wizard confirmed :getin:

Hopefully whatever big boy job I have by April won't make it a pain in the rear end to do, especially because I'm trying to see three shows in three nights.

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013

SAHChandler posted:

A band named Howling Giant just released a self titled EP. http://howlinggiant.bandcamp.com

You can find older recordings of their song Husk and Whale Lord when they were a 4 man band at http://skldzr.bandcamp.com

I've been listening to this on repeat, this is fantastic stuff. I really dig the vocals.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Solefald posted:

we played with Coltsblood (https://coltsblood.bandcamp.com/) a while back. Real good blackened sludgey kinda stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Dyna Soar posted:

we played with Coltsblood (https://coltsblood.bandcamp.com/) a while back. Real good blackened sludgey kinda stuff.

I am from Liverpool, so I'm pretty familiar with them. I do believe they are doing a tour with Ninkarsargsggsgr or whatever the gently caress their name is??

What band are you in?

Solefald fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jan 16, 2015