Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Gammatron 64 posted:

I have Metroid Prime 1 and 2 for Gamecube and 3 for Wii, but I might buy trilogy because I guess they add stuff, right? I never did beat 2 or 3. Just kinda lost interest in those two.

Also jeez, I got Metroid Prime when I was in high school. Time loving flies, holy crap.

Same except I actually beat all of them and want to play 1 and 2 again, but with pointer controls. Also yeah holy poo poo Prime 1 was forever ago.

Prime 1 and RE4 were like my favorite games on the Gamecube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Metroid Prime Trilogy is only playable with a Wiimote, right?

I'll probably buy it anyway because they'll inevitably gauge interest in a sequel how this thing does and then they go 'looks like noone cares' and I weep.

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Same except I actually beat all of them and want to play 1 and 2 again, but with pointer controls. Also yeah holy poo poo Prime 1 was forever ago.

Prime 1 and RE4 were like my favorite games on the Gamecube.

Ditto. But I can't imagine going back and playing FPS/TPS with dual-analog controls, and the Wii Remote really is the next best thing to a keyboard and mouse for those genres, so I'll be happy to replay them without having to spend $100 on that ridiculously rare collection.

MP1 was released like 14 years ago at this point... poo poo.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gammatron 64 posted:

I have Metroid Prime 1 and 2 for Gamecube and 3 for Wii, but I might buy trilogy because I guess they add stuff, right? I never did beat 2 or 3. Just kinda lost interest in those two.

Also jeez, I got Metroid Prime when I was in high school. Time loving flies, holy crap.

I just checked Wikipedia and... That game is over 12 years old!? :psyduck:

I'd say those games have held up really well! I loved Prime but chickened out and never finished Echoes. Played Corruption at a friend's house but never got to see the ending of that either, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the Trilogy on the eShop. And at half price that's amazing :swoon:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Metroid Prime trilogy ups the resolution of MP1 and 2, and adapts them for widescreen. They also add MP3's Wiimote+Nunchuck controls which own. You can target poo poo and shoot missiles around corners, it's awesome

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Do the Wii games give you surveys on Club Nintendo?

If so, when you guys fill them out please say you bought it impulsively because it was $10 so maybe it'll happen for all the future ones, tia.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Metroid Prime trilogy ups the resolution of MP1 and 2, and adapts them for widescreen. They also add MP3's Wiimote+Nunchuck controls which own. You can target poo poo and shoot missiles around corners, it's awesome

It doesn't quite up the resolution because the GameCube is capable of 480p.

Kaubocks posted:

Do the Wii games give you surveys on Club Nintendo?

If so, when you guys fill them out please say you bought it impulsively because it was $10 so maybe it'll happen for all the future ones, tia.

Galaxy 2 has yet to show up on mine.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Are there any collectathon style platforms like Spyro or Banjo on the WiiU or any planned. After having 100% Lego City my need to collect useless baubles is starting to itch again

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Are there any collectathon style platforms like Spyro or Banjo on the WiiU or any planned. After having 100% Lego City my need to collect useless baubles is starting to itch again

Rayman Legends is pretty collectathon. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is too, but beyond the KONG letters, there's pretty little incentive (dumbed down Smash Bros.-style trophy figurines and concept artwork.) Also, only level completion and KONG letters apply towards the 100%, and once you do something... the actual completion total jumps to 200%. WARNING.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Gammatron 64 posted:

I never did finish the first Mario Galaxy. I beat the final boss but I didn't get all the stars and unlock Luigi. Someone had said that Galaxy 2 was intended for folks who had finished the original so I never did get it. I haven't played Galaxy 1 since it came out so it should be pretty fresh to me I guess.

The second takes place in a different universe retelling the same story except not as much detail. It was intended just to bring people more Galaxy a lot of people say that it's better. If you haven't played the first you can play the second most people would recommend either.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Dr. VooDoo posted:

You should in fact buy SMG2

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Amppelix posted:

You should in fact buy SMG2
This. SMG2 is so good and is to this day the only game I've ever felt compelled to get 100% completion on.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
That's not enough of a mindless collectathon, maybe try Assassin's Creed or Watch_Dogs (Do not try Assassin's Creed or Watch_Dogs)

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Metroid Prime Trilogy is only playable with a Wiimote, right?

I'll probably buy it anyway because they'll inevitably gauge interest in a sequel how this thing does and then they go 'looks like noone cares' and I weep.

Oh god now you've made me feel like I should buy it, even though I already own all three games individually and the trilogy collection :negative:

Chairman Pow!
Apr 23, 2010

Dr. VooDoo posted:

If you aren't sick of Lego games grab some of the other ones. The new Batman one is really great, as is the Marvel one.

KillGizmo
Jul 11, 2001

Run you little bastard! Run!
This might be a dumb question so please bare with me. I'm looking to get a USB drive to add some space to my Wii U. If for some reason that drive dies on me in the future will the Store know I've bought the game in the past and let me redownload it?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

KillGizmo posted:

This might be a dumb question so please bare with me. I'm looking to get a USB drive to add some space to my Wii U. If for some reason that drive dies on me in the future will the Store know I've bought the game in the past and let me redownload it?

Yes.

KillGizmo
Jul 11, 2001

Run you little bastard! Run!

Thanks Kaubocks

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

It is extremely hosed up to recommend Watch_Dogs to people.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

KillGizmo posted:

To add to that, the Wii Shop Channel will allow you to re-download any games you purchased including games that are no longer available for sale, such as SNES SimCity and TG-16 R-Type. As far as I know, the eShop hasn't pulled anything yet but I'm assuming it's the same.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Is there going to be a way to unlock all the MP3 stuff in Metroid Prime Trilogy? Friend vouchers aren't a thing since they shut down Wii Connect24, so are we locked out of that content forever, or what?

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
So you can't do surveys for the digital wii games? I got SMG2 and Pushmo yesterday and only got a survey for Pushmo.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Not a Children posted:

Is there going to be a way to unlock all the MP3 stuff in Metroid Prime Trilogy? Friend vouchers aren't a thing since they shut down Wii Connect24, so are we locked out of that content forever, or what?

I just checked and there are save files on gamefaqs (ugh) that have no progress at all but all the friend vouchers you'll need.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Super Mario 3D World is based largely on level progression but the game's average level contains 3 green stars to find as well as a stamp for use on Miiverse. Additional completion is achieved by hitting the top of the flagpole in each level and if you want to see all of the game's content you eventually have to find/do all of that. It's not quite a collectathon but it might scratch the itch. It's a great game anyway and currently on sale on the eshop.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Brightman posted:

I just checked and there are save files on gamefaqs (ugh) that have no progress at all but all the friend vouchers you'll need.

Will I need homebrew to import the saves in Wii mode, or just to put them on my SD card? If yes, how do that?

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

edit: nevermind!

Nolgthorn fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 15, 2015

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Nolgthorn posted:

During the digital deluxe promotion I was using those red coloured pieces of paper with codes on them to accumulate points for free stuff. Now that I own treasure tracker, I have another one of those codes and I'm kind of at a loss for what to do with it or why. I tried logging into every Nintendo service I could think of and... they say the last game I registered was something on Wii years and years ago. Was I supposed to be entering those numbers in more than one place?

I don't even really remember where I was putting them in... it feels like I wasn't doing it on a website, I was doing it in the eShop somehow.

I believe you're looking for club.nintendo.com but I could be wrong.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Paper Triangle posted:

I believe you're looking for club.nintendo.com but I could be wrong.

Yea it says I haven't registered anything since a really long time ago, I've tried all of my email addresses looking for another account but there isn't one.

e:

Found the european club nintendo website, which answers my question.

Nolgthorn fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 15, 2015

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

greatn posted:

Will I need homebrew to import the saves in Wii mode, or just to put them on my SD card? If yes, how do that?

SD card, there were also instructions on gamefaqs.

The short of it is put the file in a folder in this directory on the SD card: Private\Wii\[GameCode]\[Save File] and rename the [save file] to data.bin The [GameCode] is a thing specific to the game along with the region code, in the case of the US version for prime trilogy it is R3ME, which is in the name of the savefiles in the link from earlier. So Private\Wii\R3ME\data.bin is what you should likely have on the SD card.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Just to be clear on 3d world - the only way to detect invisible blocks (which are almost essential to getting a bunch of late-game green stars) is to play with the gamepad right?

loving hell. Wouldn't be Nintendo without useless gimmicks, eh?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Back in my day you couldn't pre-detect them at all. The best we had to go on was a good hunch!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Just to be clear on 3d world - the only way to detect invisible blocks (which are almost essential to getting a bunch of late-game green stars) is to play with the gamepad right?

loving hell. Wouldn't be Nintendo without useless gimmicks, eh?

For people not paying attention to the enviroment, yes.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

World Star-1, the green star immediately after the animal section. Need a fire flower that you either have to bring with you or is in an invisible block. Problem is, there's absolutely no hint that I could discern where it was.

So yeah, some kinda bullshit there.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Old Mario games wouldn't give you any hints at all (outside of suspicious areas in the environment); you just had to find them. Poking them on the game pad is just easy mode.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Narcissus1916 posted:

World Star-1, the green star immediately after the animal section. Need a fire flower that you either have to bring with you or is in an invisible block. Problem is, there's absolutely no hint that I could discern where it was.

daaamn mario why you so hard??

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

it's postgame content designed to stretch a long game into an even longer game if you're insane enough to look for those things, so why would you expect this to be easy? SMG1+2 did the exact same thing.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
You don't really need to find these invisible blocks. They just contain minor goodies like coins. Well aside from cases like that.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Narcissus1916 posted:

Oh, you're in the bonus worlds? Those are the no-holds-barred, kid gloves off, hard stages of the game. It's to be expecting that things get even more deviously hidden.

And you said it yourself, you can always bring an appropriate power through the level with you. A hidden block with the fire flower is easy mode in and of itself.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

mario is kind of like dark souls 2 aka the best game of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twilkitri
Feb 23, 2013
Invisible blocks shimmer if you ground-pound in their general vicinity, don't they?

• Locked thread