Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Coach Harbaugh @CoachJim4UM Attacking this day with Enthusiasm Unknown to Mankind

He's gone feral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Nur_Neerg posted:

Yeah, we passed UGA because we beat the #12 team in the country handily in our conference championship game while they sat at home and wished they'd done well enough in conference to play in theirs.

The ACC from, oh, 2006-2012 or so, was C-USA East. Wake Forest even won it one of those years. The conference won like 1 BCS game in a decade, and that was VT over Cincy in '08 (whoop-de-doo). Other than that, utter humiliation here and there and all over.

Hokies' conference record, given that, is entirely ignorable. Other than that, they either looked unimpressive against cupcakes or terrible against actual OOC competition. Jumping Georgia with LSU was annoying; jumping Georgia with VT was stupid.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 15, 2015

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Cardale going to announce at 2pm today. Since he's announcing from Cleveland, he's going pro. Best decision, I will miss you King Cardale, please don't go to a team I hate :ohdear:

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
So does this mean Braxton will likely stay?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

D.N. Nation posted:

The ACC from, oh, 2006-2012 or so, was C-USA East. Wake Forest even won it one of those years. The conference won like 1 BCS game in a decade, and that was VT over Cincy in '08 (whoop-de-doo). Other than that, utter humiliation here and there and all over.

Hokies' conference record, given that, is entirely ignorable. Other than that, they either looked unimpressive against cupcakes or terrible against actual OOC competition. Jumping Georgia with LSU was annoying; jumping Georgia with VT was stupid.

Oh man attendance is totally indicative of quality of play.

We played more top 25 teams that year that stayed ranked than LSU or Georgia. Suck that SEC cock all you want I can't really see how you can say it makes sense from losing in week 13 to title game based on the SEC title game that they almost lost to Tennessee. Also Georgia didn't win poo poo that year, no division title, no conference title, and they played a weak SEC schedule so umm yeah I think an 11 win conference champion deserved to "jump" them.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

commy gun posted:

Coach Harbaugh @CoachJim4UM Attacking this day with Enthusiasm Unknown to Mankind

He's gone feral.
He's digging up his weirdest Stanford-era Harbaugh-isms, huh?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

sexy mouse posted:

So does this mean Braxton will likely stay?

Braxton and Cardale both leave and Barrett breaks his femur on the first play vs. Virginia Tech.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Oh man attendance is totally indicative of quality of play.

We played more top 25 teams that year that stayed ranked than LSU or Georgia. Suck that SEC cock all you want I can't really see how you can say it makes sense from losing in week 13 to title game based on the SEC title game that they almost lost to Tennessee. Also Georgia didn't win poo poo that year, no division title, no conference title, and they played a weak SEC schedule so umm yeah I think an 11 win conference champion deserved to "jump" them.

on the other hand Virginia Tech deserves nothing so it gets nothing

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Alouicious posted:

on the other hand Virginia Tech deserves nothing so it gets nothing

Well I can't argue that we've let Beamer rattle along with his poo poo staff for most of that time so I guess you've got me there.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I didn't understand why Pac-12 fans cared about Oklahoma losing a couple of championship games by 100 then I got it.

As a Texas alum and fan (stuck in Oregon) , I am ok with it being for Oregon or Oklahoma.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I thought Cardale said the other day he felt he wasn't ready for the NFL.

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

Komet posted:

I thought Cardale said the other day he felt he wasn't ready for the NFL.

He's not, but he can get paid to get ready.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Also Georgia didn't win poo poo that year, no division title, no conference title, and they played a weak SEC schedule so umm yeah I think an 11 win conference champion deserved to "jump" them.

Sagarin ranked UGA's '07 schedule 23rd in the nation. VT's? 36th.

Hawaii was a conference champion in 2007 too.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Sagarin ranked UGA's '07 schedule 23rd in the nation. VT's? 36th.

Hawaii was a conference champion in 2007 too.

The BCS would never have allowed a team from not a BCS conference into the title game. Anyone that thinks Boise, or Hawaii or any of those teams ever would have had a shot is delusional. It was a system built to protect the major conferences, the new alignment has really only strengthened that situation. Those teams would never have been considered, so it's mute bringing them up.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Brian from MGoBlog is tweeting that there are legs of Stanford QB Kevin Hogan transferring to Michigan as a 5th year Grad Transfer.

I know he isn't great, but I think he could bring stability to that position and give our current QBs another year to get ready.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The BCS would never have allowed a team from not a BCS conference into the title game. Anyone that thinks Boise, or Hawaii or any of those teams ever would have had a shot is delusional. It was a system built to protect the major conferences, the new alignment has really only strengthened that situation. Those teams would never have been considered, so it's mute bringing them up.

My point was: Who cares if you won a crummy conference. And the ACC, from when FSU lost its way, to when FSU found it again, was crummy.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

I mean, we still kind of had one phony in there, it's just unfortunate that the phony in question was undefeated.

Wouldn't be a problem if we expanded to 8.

I think this is the argument I'm most sympathetic. TCU fans know the most possible argument was "we should have been in over Ohio State", but they should just stick with the truer argument or gripe. That gripe is "gently caress you, poo poo rear end Florida State, how the hell didn't you lose to Georgia Tech (or really loving anyone)? The playoff would have been so much better without you."

Or they can just be happy they didn't get in because now they can pretend they believe they were special and Oregon was just wildly overrated and they knew it all along.

Eltoasto posted:

They were ranked #9 by the playoff committee, 2 spots behind the team that they just beat. Those are the arguments you start getting with 8 teams. 4 teams means you get in all the undefeated teams from big conferences and then the 1-loss teams can fight it out. But that's ok, if you drop a game you aren't owed anything. The number of teams that are "clearly a playoff contender" will vary by year. I'm just not too keen on adding a 16th game.

At some point, I feel like we have to be happy with what we have. I mean, it would be a rare year, or a really strong year, parity wise, where we're not now talking about 2-loss teams demanding that they're the best team in the country/getting snubbed. It would be 3 some years, maybe you'd catch all of the one loss teams.

Beforehand fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 15, 2015

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

Cardale going to announce at 2pm today. Since he's announcing from Cleveland, he's going pro. Best decision, I will miss you King Cardale, please don't go to a team I hate :ohdear:

Apparently its 4pm now.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Mahoning posted:

Apparently its 4pm now.

It's 2:14 right now actually.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Detroit_Dogg posted:

It's 2:14 right now actually.

Its 3:50pm in states that matter and also in Georgia

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

D.N. Nation posted:

My point was: Who cares if you won a crummy conference. And the ACC, from when FSU lost its way, to when FSU found it again, was crummy.

Remember when people talked about how great the ACC could be with the additions of VaTech and Miami? Then everyone turned to poo poo.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
One of the greatest coaches in the history of football and some guy from San Francisco or some poo poo

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Dattserberg posted:

Remember when people talked about how great the ACC could be with the additions of VaTech and Miami? Then everyone turned to poo poo.

Not really VT's fault, they more than held up their end of the bargain. Blame FSU and Clemson.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
"the man who took us to the super bowl of football"

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Oh Cardale is returning. For some reason.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

kittenmittons posted:

Oh Cardale is returning. For some reason.

I mean, he only played 3 games - big loving games, sure, but would he really have a great shot in the draft?

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

I mean, he only played 3 games - big loving games, sure, but would he really have a great shot in the draft?

Most people were saying he would at least get drafted. Plus he's 22 with a kid and has to compete with at least one other Heisman caliber QB at Ohio State.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Haha he trolled the NFL reporters. Cardale continues to own.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
WHAT A SUPERB TROLL. A+ 10/10 WOULD PRESS CONFERENCE AGAIN.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Oregon losses of a margin by more than one touchdown since 2010:
• Ohio State 2014
• Arizona 2013
• LSU 2011

Yup, Oregon keeps losing by horrific margins.

arkmedes
Jun 24, 2009
Dude rolls up in a 12 GAUGE shirt and proceeds to troll the poo poo out of reporters. Amazing.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I wouldn't mind seeing him get a legit chance to start. JT Barrett is great, probably more polished, but Cardale's ability to flick it 50 yards down the field really seemed to open the offense up. I figure if Cardale starts for a season, he'll definitely jump pro if he succeeds, and then Barrett is your starter again, or if he fails, Barrett is your starter again. I'd like to see Barrett get some run even if he's the backup, though. Swap QBs for a play here and there, or run some sets with both of them. Braxton should obviously transfer.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
If Cardale gets a college degree it will be the most :unsmith: thing ever. The story about him in Sports Illustrated really made me like him a lot. I know a ton of CFB players come from poverty but his story really got to me. Maybe because he's from NE Ohio.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Ohio Stare going to have the top 2 QB in the Big Ten next year.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Did Connor Cook declare for the draft or something

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines
Haha a third string QB trolls the gently caress out of the media :allears:

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Someone might take a chance and draft Cardale in the lower rounds, but he could start next year and improve his stock pretty dramatically. I don't see Braxton staying at OSU.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Did Connor Cook declare for the draft or something

Cardale actually beat Oregon.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

arkmedes posted:

Dude rolls up in a 12 GAUGE shirt and proceeds to troll the poo poo out of reporters. Amazing.

The JFF/Winston process has begun.

I can't wait to see people spewing venom on him in under 12 months :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Mahoning posted:

Cardale actually beat Oregon.

Team game homie

Komet posted:

Someone might take a chance and draft Cardale in the lower rounds, but he could start next year and improve his stock pretty dramatically. I don't see Braxton staying at OSU.

He's still gotta beat JT tho

• Locked thread