Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

pressedbunny posted:

Didn't know that. Ah. Well that's... that's bizarre. They don't make any attempt to differentiate Immortals DB from everyday DB at all?

Hell, if anything, he's more of a lumberjack than Big Show.

Yes Yes Yes DB is just him in the shirt. No No No DB is a faun, a goat-human hybrid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
He is "guy wearing Yes T-Shirt and jeans" in his common form.

His gold form is evil goat man or something.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

From the story it seems like normal rear end Daniel Bryan and Authority HHH are the "real" versions of them thrown into this fantasy world.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Mayostard posted:

I like how they couldn't come up with anything for Big Show other than Lumberjack

Instead of running over the opponent like John Cena's army car, it summons a dump truck and buries the opponent under pancakes.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

The AI in Immortals really sucks. You can pretty much stunlock a character by doing nothing but taps and ignoring the swipes at the end of combos. I just went through a Main Event and beat entire teams using only Sheamus.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i knew this game would be like mobile injustice but this is literally mobile injustice. whatever though i like that game a lot. i kind of like bryan being himself, a lot of fighting games have some sort of everyman protagonist and who the hell would fit that more than
bryan. though his final form being an evil goat demon is pretty loving cool. also it's pretty drat funny his idle animation is him just doing the yes taunt.

and triple h just kind of pie faces wyatt and takes the macguffin is :laffo:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Immortals pro tip, buy a discounted Gold booster immediately. Don't buy any Bronze or Silver poo poo, save for the 75,000 gold pack everyday.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Immortals is fun but it definitely seems pretty shallow due to the limited number of moves and touchscreen controls. Man I hope they make a console version with cutting edge 1992 features like "jumping".

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

Liar Lyre posted:

Immortals pro tip, buy a discounted Gold booster immediately. Don't buy any Bronze or Silver poo poo, save for the 75,000 gold pack everyday.

I bought two bronzes and got Kane both times... :mad:

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Buying two bronzes so you get (ideally) two full teams sounds like a better idea at the start.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Mayostard posted:

I bought two bronzes and got Kane both times... :mad:

i did what he said and got a goat demon daniel bryan :smug:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah I bought a silver undertaker and a bronze daniel bryan to I could have two full teams where every member is boosting off each other, and now I'm going to save up and build a gold team over the next week or two depending on what my drops are from those boosters. Once I get a solid gold team where everyone gets along I'll be fuckin' set and never have to spend any money on this thing.

Also you should do all the daily challenges in online if you have the correct characters, because they pay a lot of gold.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Trust me, you only need one gold card and you have the game pretty much beat. In Injustice I spent a lot of points to get high leveled Bronze and Silver cards but you will hit a wall quickly. Plus having multiple teams is pointless in early game. Fights only take one energy and they fully recover in about 3 hours for another 10 fights. Late game fights that practically require Gold cards take 3 energy per fight. You want a fully upgraded Gold team as fast as possible and then get 5 more teams if you want to grind.

Again, this is just suggestions. The other strategies might work for you guys. Plus this looks much smaller so getting a full roster should be much easier.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
at least this skinner box has some vague tenses of gameplay!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I got my Bronze Paige up to level 20 so I got her finisher. She does the Paige Turner and then summons a murder of crows that carry the opponent into the sky and dump them back to the ground.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
So the plot of Immortals is that Bray Wyatt's magic lantern summons dudes from different universes, yet Bray himself isn't even in the game?

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jan 16, 2015

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rhonne posted:

So the plot if Immortals is that Bray Wyatt's magic lantern summons dudes from different universes, yet Bray himself isn't even in the game?

Obviously he didn't get sucked through the portal.

But yeah, it's dumb.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Even in this game Bray gets buried to hell.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
I'm surprised there's no Naga Orton

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I'm surprised there's no Orton period. Oh well, updates.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

If it's anything like Injustice, there are gonna be a ton of updates including characters for online tournaments and single player challenges. The small initial roster is the thing that really gets me.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Erebus posted:

The AI in Immortals really sucks. You can pretty much stunlock a character by doing nothing but taps and ignoring the swipes at the end of combos. I just went through a Main Event and beat entire teams using only Sheamus.

Guess what: this pretty much works online!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Is there a trick to blocking? Every time I do it my character blocks for a split second then drops it and gets hit by whatever special attack is coming

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jan 16, 2015

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Yo, is Immortals gonna be out on Kindle Fire?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

I don't think this was supposed to happen but it did anyway.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah, that's happened to me quite a bit in online mode. I'm not sure if it's a connection glitch, or people gaming it somehow to get a few extra hits in. The extra character will end up walking all the way across to the other side of the screen.

Was there anything like this that happened in the Injustice mobile game?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

You're not actually playing against live people online, so I don't think it's cheaters. I've also seen a super completely misalign so my guy was just being thrown around in the air with the opponent several feet away from him, so I'm just going to assume this game is not very well put together.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Yeah, I was gonna say, it's pretty certain that there is no direct competition (hence the MP and SP fighting being just as easy to fool). Kinda like Supercard.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

A cellphone game is bad?!?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

It's not, though. It's alright.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Brock as the Beast Incarnate look so plain compared to the other players.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Next you'll tell me the 2K games are bad!!!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It's completely possible to make enough currency in a single day to unlock a gold pack at the discount, as long as you're doing the single player stuff, which once you hit the mini-bosses on the third level of start paying out nearly 10k per ladder, and doing the daily online challenges which give around 10k for getting all three as well. I'm now rocking a team of gold HHH, gold Daniel Bryan, and silver Undertaker. I'm hoping for either gold Reigns or Big Show for my next one, as then I'll have a good balance of rivals and allies on my team for the boosts.

Once you get a single gold the single player stuff basically feels like cheating, by the way. It will still be throwing high level bronze guys at you, and you'll be knocking down half their health in a single combo.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

What's in the 75k gold pack? A guaranteed wrestleman?

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Yeah you get a gold wrestleperson for sure and then some other cards too.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

I don't know but this is what some of the top characters cost

daniel bryan has higher stats than roman reigns and yet roman costs more

this is a metaphor

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Genericide posted:

What's in the 75k gold pack? A guaranteed wrestleman?

Every pack, besides the gear one, is a wrestler of that rank plus 2 other cards. Those cards are either ones that give permanent upgrades to all specific characters (all Kanes, all Undertakers etc) or you can get free upgrades to moves to make them stronger.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

oatgan posted:

daniel bryan has higher stats than roman reigns and yet roman costs more

this is a metaphor

Bryan has less HP I guess?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'd want to see what those cards look like at level 20. They aren't all created equal when you get them level up.

Also a gold tier HHH at level 20, without even leveling his supers, can pretty much destroy an entire team of lower tier cards singlehandedly in less than a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Was talking with a friend of mine about Supercard (he plays way more than I do) and he revealed this hilarious nugget about the "new and improved" rtg:

:) : so i got the first bnb
:) : playing +6 matches against one or two guys solely, especially at the end, one guy
:) : now I can't beat the same guy at 0/190
:) : it's really terrible
:) : everyone's (even the guys with pcc pros) are having to grind +1s
:v: : how is that possible
:v: : are the +5s just dummy decks?
:) : yep
:) : they introduced bots
:) : who have every pcc pro, even not perfectly pro'd they still beat any survivor pro
:) : people are literally buying titles for +1 bouts to finish

Amazing