Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

no it's beer in the cjs thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Mr Dog posted:

it's me, i'm the guy who said he'd like something like a solid form of soylent way before it was a thing and still would if it was done competently

*is yospos*

*absolutely cannot shut the gently caress up about food irrespective of the thread*

haha, how dare those people talk about one of the most pleasurable and important things to human existence.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Citizen Tayne posted:

haha, how dare those people talk about one of the most pleasurable and important things to human existence.
video games?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

kalstrams posted:

video games?

Pittsburgh.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

triple sulk posted:

Pittsburgh.

The canadian bacon and pineapple of the East Coast :usa:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Mr Dog posted:

it's me, i'm the guy who said he'd like something like a solid form of soylent way before it was a thing and still would if it was done competently

ok, talk about your soylent then we'll keep on about the food. :cheers:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Uber's been hit with another cease and desist order from an upset local government, this time in South Carolina. The Public Service Commission of South Carolina today ordered the transportation company (which also delivers kittens, ice cream, and human food), to halt its operations there due to what it says is improper licensing of its drivers. The legal notice names Rasier LLC, which is a subsidiary of Uber and operates its UberX service, saying that the company's drivers simply doesn't have the right credentials to be picking people up and taking them places for money.

"All motor carriers transporting persons or property for compensation to first obtain a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity before commencing operation," the filing states, later adding that the idea itself is not entirely terrible. "Consumers benefit from, and deserve choices in, the marketplace. However, those choices must be consistent with state law intended to protect the public."

Uber, which did not immediately respond to a request for comment, has been operating its UberX service in the state since July of last year. Local regulators have been contemplating a special new classification for Uber and other services like it. A hearing to discuss the matter was originally set for later this month, but was halted after Uber surprised officials by filing to have its service certified to operate like other taxi and limousine services.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

Canadian bacon is actually just ham.

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Shaggar posted:

shaggar was correct

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
What's Canadian Ham?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also just ham

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Shaggar posted:

100% false but they're both cured pork so it's not worth fighting about
canadian bacon is from the loin, ham is from the leg

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

pittsburgh doesn't even have a coast

although sometimes i find tori's stories to be intriguing, like the bits about equality and a good blue collar community or something

i forget, i have a block against that poo poo most of the time

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

qirex posted:

Uber's been hit with another cease and desist order from an upset local government, this time in South Carolina. The Public Service Commission of South Carolina today ordered the transportation company (which also delivers kittens, ice cream, and human food), to halt its operations there due to what it says is improper licensing of its drivers. The legal notice names Rasier LLC, which is a subsidiary of Uber and operates its UberX service, saying that the company's drivers simply doesn't have the right credentials to be picking people up and taking them places for money.

"All motor carriers transporting persons or property for compensation to first obtain a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity before commencing operation," the filing states, later adding that the idea itself is not entirely terrible. "Consumers benefit from, and deserve choices in, the marketplace. However, those choices must be consistent with state law intended to protect the public."

Uber, which did not immediately respond to a request for comment, has been operating its UberX service in the state since July of last year. Local regulators have been contemplating a special new classification for Uber and other services like it. A hearing to discuss the matter was originally set for later this month, but was halted after Uber surprised officials by filing to have its service certified to operate like other taxi and limousine services.

im the curious qualification of human food

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
holy poo poo this guy is great (in a super-evil kind of way)

quote:

Founder Gurbaksh Chahal isn’t giving up on his efforts to acquire RadiumOne, the ad-tech company that fired him last year.

Back in April, Chahal was ousted from his role as CEO after he pled guilty to misdemeanor charges of battery and domestic violence battery, leading to intense criticism of the company. RadiumOne and Chahal later issued a joint statement saying that they had resolved their differences.

Then, last month, Chahal made an offer to buy the company for an undisclosed price, and while RadiumOne said it would take the offer to its board of directors, it also responded that “RadiumOne is not for sale” and described the offered price as one that “fails to reflect the value that has been built in the company.”

But as I said, Chahal isn’t giving up. I’ve obtained a copy of a subsequent letter in which he raises his offer by 25 percent. My copy doesn’t include the price, but the source who gave it to me said it’s in the nine figures. (Re/code heard that the initial offer was for just over $400 million. If that’s true, the subsequent offer would add $100 million.)

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

qirex posted:

100% false but they're both cured pork so it's not worth fighting about
canadian bacon is from the loin, ham is from the leg

we just call it peameal bacon

its really good on toast for breakfast and is almost pure protein too

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
The tECH Bubble Thread.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
One of my friends in High School works for Clinkle and I'm glad it's failing.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Mr Dog posted:

well have i got some great news for you! https://www.mealsquares.com

my roommate lived off these things for like a week after getting a package for free, i guess they're kind of better than soylent cause they're at least made from actual food stuff? still taste like cement

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

www.mealsquares.com posted:

Because you've got more important things to do than worry about food.

lol. no you don't

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
has anyone ever told these guys about crock pots and rice cookers

it's like easy mode for food except it doesn't taste like garbage

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
most of these idiots can afford a personal chef ffs.

it's just bullshit startup technofetishism. the same people are getting hard over jitney's that are dispatched by an app

it doesn't matter that it's done better cheaper somewhere else, this is new

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

pr0zac posted:

well have i got some great news for you! https://www.mealsquares.com

my roommate lived off these things for like a week after getting a package for free, i guess they're kind of better than soylent cause they're at least made from actual food stuff? still taste like cement

$90 for 6 days of mealcookies? you can literally buy 12,000 calories of cliff bars for $60 and get some flavor variety in your terrible oatmeal candy bar diet.

new startup idea, selling nerds a slowcooker covered in LEDs, plus premixed bags of rice, lentils, beans, and a seasoning mix.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

infernal machines posted:

most of these idiots can afford a personal chef ffs.

it's just bullshit startup technofetishism. the same people are getting hard over jitney's that are dispatched by an app

it doesn't matter that it's done better cheaper somewhere else, this is new

maybe someone should put twitter or a bitcoin miner in a crockpot and sell it to these morons

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
are these people proud of the fact that there is 'no flavor'??

i cant imagine somebody who wants to replace food completely with my actual poo poo i can't imagine they have a delicate palette

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
If you're gonna chug a supplement thing as though it's a whole meal, it's probably a lot less disquieting to have it just taste like water than have it taste like chocolate.

teen bear
Feb 19, 2006

Shaggar posted:

its actually a pretty funny movie

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

jetz0r posted:

new startup idea, selling nerds a slowcooker covered in LEDs, plus premixed bags of rice, lentils, beans, and a seasoning mix.

cook.ly

now how do I invest?

with a no dilution clause so each subsequent round of suckers investors winds up having to pay me off, of course

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Wulfolme posted:

If you're gonna chug a supplement thing as though it's a whole meal, it's probably a lot less disquieting to have it just taste like water than have it taste like chocolate.

I think what they worry about is not tasting like chocolate, but tasting like not-chocolate

like those terrible foil-wrapped candies

or carob

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

carob chips are a pro tier frozen yogurt topping though

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

syscall girl posted:

pittsburgh doesn't even have a coast

although sometimes i find tori's stories to be intriguing, like the bits about equality and a good blue collar community or something

i forget, i have a block against that poo poo most of the time

Pennsylvania is on the East Coast. Therefore, Pittsburgh is a coastal city.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Chill Callahan posted:

I read their site and I have no idea what their product is meant to be

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pennsylvania is on the East Coast. Therefore, Pittsburgh is a coastal city.

are you sure about that?

Of the original Thirteen Colonies, Pennsylvania is the only state that does not border the Atlantic Ocean.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

prefect posted:

are you sure about that?

Of the original Thirteen Colonies, Pennsylvania is the only state that does not border the Atlantic Ocean.

The Delaware River is an honorary part of the Atlantic Ocean.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Citizen Tayne posted:

neither do they really.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Chill Callahan posted:

please post some stories about him here, in the tech bubble thread.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

it's okay, they don't know what their product is either.

idiotbitch
Jul 16, 2013
there are wifi slow cookers you can get

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

idiotbitch posted:

there are wifi slow cookers you can get

agreed, idiotbitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU