Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Agrajag posted:

I thought you have to activate each mission individually. Can you really do them all at once?

There were 5 chains available this morning - I was able to activate the first mission in each chain, but wasn't able to activate the later missions. Of course there's a decent chance that even this was a glitch and you're only supposed to have one chain active at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
At least the SPG missions, with the T4 gate, can largely be done with a LeFUHH.

...if you *have* a LeFUHH.

And no, you can only have one MISSION active at a time. You might think that you're selecting a chain, but that makes *sense*, so of course that's not how it works. Seeing as people get more fatigued over time, it's going to be common that people do what the next mission entails, but find they've forgotten to *start* said mission.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
Hearing all of this makes me glad I decided to quit tanks :unsmith:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

yaay posted:

haha of course not.

I meant to activate all of them at once.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I am enjoying how most of the missions include "survive the battle" as a caveat. I've always thought the game would be better if half of each team stayed on the baseline.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

primelaw posted:

Hearing all of this makes me glad I decided to quit tanks :unsmith:

What the gently caress happened that de-chilled the ever-chill Primelaw?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Holy poo poo balls what in gods name is happening :stare: this is making the 5x pubbies look like model players

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Holy poo poo balls what in gods name is happening :stare: this is making the 5x pubbies look like model players

They promised a Type 59 to the first five people to finish.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Seeing as people get more fatigued over time, it's going to be common that people do what the next mission entails, but find they've forgotten to *start* said mission.

If you've fixed XVM, then the window that opens when you finish a mission has a button that when you click, opens the campaign bit and selects the next mission of that line for you. Of course, you STILL have to actually click the START button, but at that point it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Had a friendly tiger p shoot me not once but twice on cliff while i was fighting on the hill. He got upset because I was in his trisomy afflicted brain "blocking his shots". He was loving shooting at me from near spawn while I was on the goddamn hill. I recommended he have his caretaker uninstall the game for him and at the end of the match he had 250 dmg in a top tier heavy which means he actually did more damage to his own team than to the enemy.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They promised a Type 59 to the first five people to finish.

That explains every thing. On the upside switched to West because east was like the worst I have ever seen. Back to back wins with an ace t-34 game to complete the 2nd Med challenge. Circle strafed a t1 Hvy to win it too.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Hellsau posted:

Two jobs, a girlfriend, and finishing my last semester of college.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
These goals are going to fund my horrid financial planning for at least another week. But all the lovely tanks just because.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Hellsau posted:

He's come to the realization this game is a cancer that eats away at your soul?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I'm going to stick to Blitz for a week or two until people forget about this nonsense.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

rex rabidorum vires posted:

That explains every thing. On the upside switched to West because east was like the worst I have ever seen. Back to back wins with an ace t-34 game to complete the 2nd Med challenge. Circle strafed a t1 Hvy to win it too.

Also, it's worse than that. They've said a Type 59 is *among* the vehicles that the Top 5 people will be able to select from as their reward. For pubbies, that implies that the clan campaign tanks (and possibly tanks that aren't even out yet but are on the server's database) might be up for grabs.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

primelaw posted:

Two jobs, a girlfriend, and finishing my last semester of college.

Clearly you need one job and two girlfriends!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Hellsau posted:

Clearly you need one job and two girlfriends!

Hello? He needs no job and many girlfriends. This also requires a large infusion of cash preferably from a lucrative stock deal, lottery winnings or drug cartel kickbacks.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
A sugarmama to support your WoT habits.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

^^^ This man knows what's up

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Make sure to let everyone know in chat that your rich black girlfriend is paying for all your gold rounds.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Axetrain posted:

Make sure to let everyone know in chat that your rich black girlfriend boyfriend is paying for all your gold rounds.

That'll troll much better.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
How the gently caress do you earn commendations and why is this mission thing as obtuse and terrible as possible?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
You get commendations for doing the secondary objectives, I think. I got one earlier.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
This new mission poo poo is retarded

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

AlmightyPants posted:

How the gently caress do you earn commendations and why is this mission thing as obtuse and terrible as possible?

MariusLecter posted:

This new mission poo poo is retarded

gently caress it, I'm done for now. Let me go gently caress around with stupid Fallout mods.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
I don't like that they made it so that your individual missions require you to platoon, effectively making them cooperative missions.

I mean, I was doing fine and dandy by myself until one of my light missions required me to platoon with two artillery pieces. Now I gotta find two players who are remotely good at SPG'ing things and enjoy doing it.

gently caress.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Yea the mission poo poo is not well implemented. The fact that you have to do them one at a time is really awful or that you don't pick up secondaries once you passed and completed the primary while executing the same primary while having a different thing active is also beyond retarded. Like the t-34 game where I shot on the move, killed a tank one the move, destroyed an arty, damaged 3 different tank types, and killed 2 mediums only applied to the 2nd challenge...as opposed to unlocking the next 5. Nope ace game can't reward that poo poo have to play a million games for your lovely tank.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

this thread posted:

I can't do this free mission for free credits and free tanks in three hours oh my god this loving sucks boo hoo.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

I've made enough to buy my Tiger I but I gotta buy a T21 or something instead to do the light missions, boohoo.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
god drat is the arty missions easy as poo poo for me. I'm up to 5 so far. And I haven't even been trying. Most of those have been with the bat 155 58. However, the sharpshooter one had me decide to take the 261 for a spin. Yup, people being all aggressive and stupid for their personal missions and just hanging out in the open for me to blap.

Edit: err.. mission 4 actually. Btw, you can have one mission of each tank type up at once, so keep that in mind. There is a back link in the upper left of the mission window that'll take you to an overview list showing all your currently running missions and at what stage you are on for them.

Edit 2: wow, just looked through and saw nothing big till I hit spg 11. Hit two vehicles in a single shot. Welp, hope you all have a higher tier arty with a functional gun. That'll be t8+ german, t8+ american, t7-9 russian, t8+ british, and never french.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 16, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Three hours? Hahahaha. Go gently caress yourself.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

JuffoWup posted:

god drat is the arty missions easy as poo poo for me. I'm up to 5 so far. And I haven't even been trying. Most of those have been with the bat 155 58. However, the sharpshooter one had me decide to take the 261 for a spin. Yup, people being all aggressive and stupid for their personal missions and just hanging out in the open for me to blap.

Edit: err.. mission 4 actually. Btw, you can have one mission of each tank type up at once, so keep that in mind. There is a back link in the upper left of the mission window that'll take you to an overview list showing all your currently running missions and at what stage you are on for them.

Edit 2: wow, just looked through and saw nothing big till I hit spg 11. Hit two vehicles in a single shot. Welp, hope you all have a higher tier arty with a functional gun. That'll be t8+ german, t8+ american, t7-9 russian, t8+ british, and never french.

The first mission was the hardest arti mission. Took me 6 tries because it was three losses, and two games where the enemy died so loving fast I couldn't get 1k damage.

The worst goddamn players are on right now. These missions are the worst thing. I can't even blame them, gently caress your team finish your missions.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

The first mission was the hardest arti mission. Took me 6 tries because it was three losses, and two games where the enemy died so loving fast I couldn't get 1k damage.

The worst goddamn players are on right now. These missions are the worst thing. I can't even blame them, gently caress your team finish your missions.

it is kind of fun to play the arty line as I have the full line up of t10s to play with. This allows me to tailor the arty type to the mission at hand. I'm pretty sure there are some people running to the forums right now to bitch about op arty after my last two games. For example, I one shot an is-8 in my conqgc. Poor chap didn't see it coming really. I also have a lefh which will come in handy for that mission to destroy a few tanks the same tier or higher than you. Though the conq and t92 should do well at it as well.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Actually, the missions are pretty great since it's trivially easy to complete them and get soaked in credits for doing so. I understand some of you struggle to do 1,000 points of damage but I won't shame you for that.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

Soulfucker posted:

Actually, the missions are pretty great since it's trivially easy to complete them and get soaked in credits for doing so. I understand some of you struggle to do 1,000 points of damage but I won't shame you for that.

Yeah, I actually think they're pretty great, it's like the credit specials EU gets all the time that NA never had.

Except this isn't a special and the fun must end at some point. But just today I made a million credits off these mission alone!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Soulfucker posted:

Eat your own poo poo and die you cocksucker.

I can deal damage just fine but I'm struggling to BREAK A loving TRACK

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

More like "I can't play the game at all because the pubbies have literally never, ever been even half as bad as they are right now because of these stupid missions".

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

rossmum posted:

More like "I can't play the game at all because the pubbies have literally never, ever been even half as bad as they are right now because of these stupid missions".

And this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

The credits are great, yeah, but now I'm watching my team sit in the back the whole time so that they survive and get that extra 25k credits. I'm going to start derping them soon enough.

Also, I'm out of booze.