Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TDOM
Apr 4, 2002

neongrey posted:

Geez. Yeah, I had no idea tbh. Do you know any good English-language books (preferably with Kindle versions)? I'd like to know more about it. Because apparently sometimes I just have too much faith in humanity and need to crush it in myself.

Try this one http://www.amazon.com/Kaisers-Holocaust-Germanys-Forgotten-Genocide-ebook/dp/B0045I7FZ6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Daimo posted:

Pretty much and they still need irrigating once a month.

If you're curious: http://i.imgur.com/53CbkeU.jpg
Theres no way Im clicking that. Its either an ear or ear wax.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Cage posted:

Theres no way Im clicking that. Its either an ear or ear wax.

The latter.

*shudder*

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

My teeth are so tightly packed I can barely get floss between them, but there's still gaps further down towards the gum, so I use interdental brushes

http://www.tepe.com/uk/products/interdental-brushes/

The red one in the header, specifically. Like little bottle-brushes for your teeth, and they do an excellent job. If you're sick of cheesewire garrotting your gums to a bloody death like I was, give these a try.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

For those of you using YNAB and poo poo - when it allots your money to, say, emergency vet or car repairs, do you have several accounts set up that you transfer the money to, or do you physical take it out and put it in a jar labelled "emergency vet". I think it would be faster to have multiple accounts set up, but that's not really practical. WHY CAN'T YOU HAVE FOLDERS AND SUB FOLDERS IN YOUR SAVINGS

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Echeveria posted:

For those of you using YNAB and poo poo - when it allots your money to, say, emergency vet or car repairs, do you have several accounts set up that you transfer the money to, or do you physical take it out and put it in a jar labelled "emergency vet". I think it would be faster to have multiple accounts set up, but that's not really practical. WHY CAN'T YOU HAVE FOLDERS AND SUB FOLDERS IN YOUR SAVINGS

Simple let's you do this.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Etrips posted:

Simple let's you do this.

Cool, have any other services not accepting new customers to recommend? :)

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Echeveria posted:

The budget is account agnostic. Just leave the money in there and let it roll. No need to keep a jar unless you need it on hand, then just make an emergency jar account.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Excellent, thanks.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Got my husband a couple of late Christmas gifts.

I showed him several choices and he surprised me by going with this aftershave from Lush.

Thanks to the goon who recommended this stuff in the Product Request thread.

Also a pound of chocolate covered gummy bears for the both of us. :getin:

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

TraderStav posted:

The budget is account agnostic. Just leave the money in there and let it roll. No need to keep a jar unless you need it on hand, then just make an emergency jar account.

Noooo I don't like that. That's how I go "oh I have $1200 in my account, I can buy xyz" forgetting I have to pay home insurance and vet bills. I need account sub folders, damnit.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Echeveria posted:

Noooo I don't like that. That's how I go "oh I have $1200 in my account, I can buy xyz" forgetting I have to pay home insurance and vet bills. I need account sub folders, damnit.

Without derailing this thread too much, may want to hit the personal finance thread in BFC, but you should be adopting a mindset where you don't look at the balance in the checking account but the categories. If you don't have any money in your Restaurants category, you don't eat out. You assign every dollar of income to a job, and stick to it. That's the YNAB philosophy. Check out the free ebook on their website that lays it out, it's a quick read and sounds like it's perfect for you.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Echeveria posted:

I got an online ING account (Capital One 360 now) and I put all my emergency cash in there. It's free and you can make as many sub account as you want.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

kinmik posted:

Thanks to the goon who recommended this stuff in the Product Request thread.

Hey I use O'Keeffes too, that stuff works wonders for me in the winter.

I frequent my Pawn America but usually just window shop for silly electronic purchases or broken iphones. Spotted the super rare Capcom game Haunting Ground for $2 and felt nervous even picking it up. Ended up flipping it for $80.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lblitzer posted:

Hey I use O'Keeffes too, that stuff works wonders for me in the winter.

I frequent my Pawn America but usually just window shop for silly electronic purchases or broken iphones. Spotted the super rare Capcom game Haunting Ground for $2 and felt nervous even picking it up. Ended up flipping it for $80.

I've always thought it curious that some games that are "rare" in the US are/were common in Europe. I think the first one I ran into was Digital Devil Saga (or 2... or both?) for the PS2. Verkkokauppa.com sold their last new (they don't sell 2nd hand games) copy of Haunting Ground 13 days ago.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Reading sheets of lyrics and tablature from off my coffee table was getting old so I got a proper stand:

I stick my guitar tuner and capo to it for easy access. Also doubles as a smartphone camera stand.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Good solid stand. Had one thrown at me one time Whiplash style by my jazz band director.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bottom Liner posted:

Good solid stand. Had one thrown at me one time Whiplash style by my jazz band director.
Did you get on his tempo afterwards?

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Echeveria posted:

If you use YNAB right you can't forget such bills, because you have that poo poo budgeted already. Also, you can have of course a bunch of accounts feeding your YNAB budget and you see how much you have in every one and you can transfer money from and to. You can also mark some of them not budget relevant, so they don't show up inside your budget (long-term saving accounts for example).
However, your budget and budget money is one big pile of money (or lack of it), agnostic from which account it actually comes from. But if you adjust your spending to spend money you have, not money you think you might get, you notice it doesn't matter where the money comes from and the YNAB way of just giving you a budgetable amount works better than squirreling everything away in its own envelope.

For content:

My secondary old 2 TB HDD is on its last legs and sometimes can't be recognized any more. Time for a new one.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Did you get on his tempo afterwards?

I totally deserved it. We sloppily finished what should have been an easy song, he said' "that sucked." I quickly spat out, "you suck," with the snarkiest tone I could manage. Swoosh, stand flying towards me. He dented my bass, but it didn't hit me. He was fired later that month for that and other incidents. I took home and kept the schools bass, which was a nicer version of mine.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
So apparently that's a thing among band directors :ohdear:

My high school band director almost lost his job after throwing a stand at a student a few years after I graduated. The district required him to undergo anger management counseling as a condition of not being fired.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Bottom Liner posted:

I totally deserved it. We sloppily finished what should have been an easy song, he said' "that sucked." I quickly spat out, "you suck," with the snarkiest tone I could manage. Swoosh, stand flying towards me. He dented my bass, but it didn't hit me. He was fired later that month for that and other incidents. I took home and kept the schools bass, which was a nicer version of mine.

Oh man. I know you said you totally deserved it or whatever, but what would possess you to do something so crazy, not to mention disrespectful? I've sung in ensembles for years. Not to advocate violent throwing of objects, but I can't imagine anyone telling a director off in front of the choir/band and not suffering immediately.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 07:46 on Jan 16, 2015

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

strangemusic posted:

Oh man. I know you said you totally deserved it or whatever, but what would possess you to do something so crazy, not to mention disrespectful? I've sung in ensembles for years. Not to advocate violent throwing of objects, but I can't imagine anyone telling a director off in front of the choir/band and not suffering immediately.

It's high school.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

PCOS Bill posted:

Cool, have any other services not accepting new customers to recommend? :)

Hit me up with your email address and I'll see if this invite a friend thing is still working, if you're interested.

Glitchdj
Mar 20, 2007
I like milk

After getting my VCA this week, I'm stoked!

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

ChocNitty posted:

Reading sheets of lyrics and tablature from off my coffee table was getting old so I got a proper stand:

I stick my guitar tuner and capo to it for easy access. Also doubles as a smartphone camera stand.

Ugh. This is a pet peeve of mine, but I promise you will thank me later:

Put your capo on your HEADSTOCK and LEAVE IT THERE ALWAYS. Not a music stand, not a mic stand, not on top of your amp, not on the nightstand, not on your desk, and not anywhere but your FREAKIN' GUITAR.

There are only two times when it should NOT be on the headstock: when it's on the neck in use, and when your guitar is in the case (at which point your capo goes in the case immediately as well). The first thing you should reach for after you take the guitar out of the case should be the capo, which you should then put on the headstock of your guitar.

I can't count the number of times some schlep has been at a gig and been unable to do a song because surprise surprise - they forgot their capo or left it in the car or at home or a hundred other places it shouldn't be other than his goddamn guitar.

Think of it this way: when are you EVER using it OFF the guitar? Exactly.

Leave it on your guitar. Get religion about it. If your tuner is a clip-on - same freakin thing.

Sorry. I realize you never thought your post needed a trigger warning. :(

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G Golden Edition

I've had my current card (GTX 770) for about a year now and it's worked perfectly fine for me in the time I've owned it, but I wanted to upgrade before GTA V came out for PC. It ended up getting delayed a few days ago, but oh well. At least I'll have this installed and can test it out and see what it's got to offer before GTA V comes out. This one comes factory overclocked and it has a copper heatsink, so it's supposed to run much cooler and quieter than the regular MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G, which was already the coolest/quietest 970 on the market from what I've heard.

Gonna put my 770 up for sale as soon as I get this baby installed, if anyone's interested :v:

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

HaB posted:

I use mine as a bag clip to keep my chips fresh.

Also, my band director never threw anything at her students, but she might have just been too busy sleeping with them.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

I've had my current card (GTX 770) for about a year now and it's worked perfectly fine for me in the time I've owned it, but I wanted to upgrade before GTA V came out for PC. It ended up getting delayed a few days ago, but oh well. At least I'll have this installed and can test it out and see what it's got to offer before GTA V comes out. This one comes factory overclocked and it has a copper heatsink, so it's supposed to run much cooler and quieter than the regular MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G, which was already the coolest/quietest 970 on the market from what I've heard.

Gonna put my 770 up for sale as soon as I get this baby installed, if anyone's interested :v:

I wonder how that card would look in a noctura fan set up

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

To go with my Zelda DS Lite, 3DS, and 3DS XL. Got problems.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Nephzinho posted:

To go with my Zelda DS Lite, 3DS, and 3DS XL. Got problems.

Where did you find one in stock damnit?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

About to spend a whole bunch on concert tickets:

Belle and Sebastian/Perfume Genius and Stars/Hey Rosetta. even though I kind of hate Hey Rosetta I'm happy to go see Stars anytime.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I have a hard time believing this because my regular 970 is already dead silent :haw:

Seriously though you're going to love the hell out of that card, it's awesome.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Where did you find one in stock damnit?

Got the skull kid pack from Gamestop when they were up, and ended up grabbing the console when Best Buy had them in stock.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

HaB posted:

Put your capo on your HEADSTOCK and LEAVE IT THERE ALWAYS. Not a music stand, not a mic stand, not on top of your amp, not on the nightstand, not on your desk, and not anywhere but your FREAKIN' GUITAR.

There are only two times when it should NOT be on the headstock: when it's on the neck in use, and when your guitar is in the case (at which point your capo goes in the case immediately as well). The first thing you should reach for after you take the guitar out of the case should be the capo, which you should then put on the headstock of your guitar.

I can't count the number of times some schlep has been at a gig and been unable to do a song because surprise surprise - they forgot their capo or left it in the car or at home or a hundred other places it shouldn't be other than his goddamn guitar.

Leave it on your guitar. Get religion about it. If your tuner is a clip-on - same freakin thing.

Sorry. I realize you never thought your post needed a trigger warning. :(

Daaamn!

I only just got a capo and have barely started to use it. But if I do end up using it regularly ill keep that in mind.

Though im kind of shallow when it comes to how my guitar looks. A pet peeve of mine are people who leave clip on tuners attached to their guitars. Which is fine for rehearsing at home. But ive seen it at live performances and even in music videos.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

strangemusic posted:

About to spend a whole bunch on concert tickets:

Belle and Sebastian/Perfume Genius and Stars/Hey Rosetta. even though I kind of hate Hey Rosetta I'm happy to go see Stars anytime.

I bought tickets to see Belle and Sebastian as well. It'll be my first time at the Greek in Berkeley.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:
Tesco had this on offer last week down to £25 from £33 which is far too good to pass up. I cracked it open last night and I'm still astounded how good this whisky is for even the full price. So easy drinking. I would say this is the best bang for your buck in the whisky world and the perfect entry level for a beginner.

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium (600 Ohm). I need to delete my paypal account or something, I don't even need new headphones but :shrug: they were kinda cheap in massdrop.

On the other hand, my MR COOL ICE shirt arrived yesterday and it is glorious.

logical fallacy
Mar 16, 2001

Dynamic Symmetry

Fozaldo posted:

Tesco had this on offer last week down to £25 from £33 which is far too good to pass up. I cracked it open last night and I'm still astounded how good this whisky is for even the full price. So easy drinking. I would say this is the best bang for your buck in the whisky world and the perfect entry level for a beginner.

I'm torn between telling everyone, or no one in case the demand brings up the price.

Nah, let them pay more for lesser Scotches. Their 18 is amazinglying good as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

How's that compare to Bookers? It's my current favorite.